Black and White ~ SEQUEL

بواسطة loverrr324

Sometimes you need to take a break. Well, Y/N definitely wasn't aware of the extent of a break. So love and t... المزيد

A/N
1.0// Falling //
3.0// Wedding Dress //
A/N
4.0// Honey I ordered Chinese //
5.0// Mother Theresa //
6.0// Nickname // 🔥
7.0// Capri Sun //
8.0// Netflix //
9.0// Standards //
10.0// The Red Room //
11.0// Vinyls //
12.0// Pray for Her //
A/N: MUST READ!
13.0// BullShit //
14.0// Maybe //
15.0// Hair Appointment //
16.0// Conference Room C //
17.0// I wasn't Begging //
18.0// Pink Corvette//
19.0// I'm in //
20.0// Informal Dinner //
21.0// Open Arms //
22.0// Ambush//
23.0// Kitchen Table //
24.0// Fire Exit //
24.1// Fire Exit //
24.2// Fire Exit//
25.0// Brave Face /
26.0// Red Dress//
27.0// Merge//
28.0// Black Nails//
29.0// Goodbye //
New Book
NEXT BOOK

2.0// The Tea //

2.7K 71 21
بواسطة loverrr324

I sat waiting in the Savoy Hotel. I reserved a table in the corner of the room, so no one would see and my dad; if he actually bothered to show up. I'd made the reservation for 5:30pm and it was 5:45. Of course he wasn't going to show up-what was I thinking. Sighing, I picked on my bag, but I saw his hair and his smile and I stood up, dropping the bag. He grinned and opened his arms out to hug me. I ignore the gesture and sat down, opening up the menu.

"You're 15 minutes late." I remarked whilst reading the menu.

"Sorry. Traffic."

"Mm."

There was an awkward silence for a while and I was praying for one of us to break that silence. Just not me.

"So darling. It's been a long time."

I put down my menu. "Not that long."

"It's been 4 years. That counts as a long time." He said gently.

I took a deep breath  

"Listen I didn't come here for a lovely father-daughter catch-up. I came to ask of you know anything about this." I cut to the chase and slid the blue envelope towards him.

"Ah yes I received one of these."

"And do you know anything about it?"

"No I don't."

I gave him a look that clearly said 'cut the shit mate'.

"Oh come on I wouldn't know, I didn't even READ it. One of the staff read it for me and just told me it's a ball on the 16th of January at 6pm."

"That's about the extent of what I know as well." I looked at him again. "Are you sure?"

"Oh come on honey, why can't believe me?"

"Oh, oh wow, your really gonna go with that question? Shall I remind you of the time you faked your-"

"Okay okay maybe I shouldn't have said that. But I honestly know nothing about it."

I huffed heavily.

"Did you read it?" He asked me.

"Well of course I did or else I wouldn't have contacted you after 4 long years dumbass."

He looked like he was going to say something against me calling me dumbass but thought against it.

"Well what do you know then?" He asked leaning back on his seat.

"All I know is that it's a ball, on January 16th and it starts at 6pm. Oh and it's at the same venue that Harrison had his 23rd birthday party. And I know that it's from someone in the mafia because YOU'VE been invited and no one in this world thinks you're alive." I threw my head back. "Why? Why would this specific person contact me? After 4 years?"

"Don't look at me I don't even know where you live." He retorted.

I sighed. What do I do?

He must've seen the look on my face because he then said-

"Call him."

"Call who."

"You know who."

"I'm not calling him."

"Why not."

"Because."

"Because?"

"Are you afraid? The Y/N I know wouldn't be a pussy to calling a guy." He smirked 

"The Y/N you know has changed."

"Come on honey why not."

"Because dad. Because I promised that I would come back. I gave him my word. But it's been 4 years it's safe to say that I've broken that promise. I can't just call him out of the blue."

"I understand honey. It's hard for you. And I'm ashamed to say that I put you in that position." He placed my hands in his. "I'm sorry. For what I did. I can't even remember why I did it. But it's been 4 years sweetie. Please can we put all this behind us. I'm missing my girl and more importantly her sarcastic comments."

"Well lucky for you, I've come up with a lot more." I bit my lip, considering his offer. "Fine. As long you don't fake your death again unless you warn me about it first."

"Oh I won't. Staying in hiding is the hardest thing. I had to go without alcohol for a month and drink water instead. Can you believe it?" He said sassily, pretending to flick his hair.

"Oh no, I really can't." I say deadpanned.

"So, if you don't mind, I'd like to turn this into a bloody father-daughter catch-up." He imitated my British accent.

I gasped more British than I intended to. "I don't talk like that!"

"Yeah you do."

"Whatever. You love it really."

"Of course. So, what's all this about you winning an Oscar? Before me?" He joked.

"Daaaaaaad." I stretched out on purpose. "I haven't even been nominated, don't get your hopes up."

"Ah well they'd be stupid not to."

"True."

We carried on talking about all sorts of things, mainly about me. My alcoholism didn't come up though; I'm not exactly bursting to tell him. I don't need him worrying too much. Soon the conversation turned to him.

"So dad, are you still running the business?"

"Oh you mean the one you left?" He said cheekily 

"Yes."

"It's doing well actually. I handed it over to Vanessa." He gave me an apologetic glance.

"What?" Why was he looking at me like that? 

"I know you two have some.....bad blood so I don't want you feeling....."

"Feeling what? Come on pick the adjective."

"Jealous?" He treaded carefully.

I laughed lightly. "Dad I have nothing to be jealous of. I'm the successful actress and soon to be successful singer and she's just a mob leader."

He just shook his head and put two sugar cubes in his tea.

"I didn't want you to feel like you were the least favourite."

"I don't." I said quietly.

"If it makes you feel better, I can see what a bitch she is."

"Mm you're just saying that because you feel you have to."

"No really. Here let me tell you something." He picked up his teacup and took a sip.

"So here's the tea. When you left, we were all dealing with it. Tom was-" I cut him off with a look, "-anyway I was in my office in Paris 24 hours later thinking about what to do and Vanessa just walks in."

Flashback

Roberts POV

I was in my office thinking about what to do about this whole situation. Y/N walked out, she's probably not coming back, and now my business is vulnerable.

KNOCK KNOCK

"GO AWAY!" I shouted.

Vanessa walked in and sat herself down in front of me.

"V-Vanessa what are you doing here?"

"That doesn't matter. I heard Y/N has gone MIA."

"How.....it's been only 24 hours.....how do you know?"

"Daddy, that doesn't matter. You need a new heir to the business. I'm next in line."

"I don't know sweetie...."

"Please. We know you can't run it. Who's left?" She persisted.

"Wait, how did you know about Y/N? How did you know I'm alive? Vanessa." I was so confused.

"Daddy, I'm in a mob. We know everything. Now please, Y/N left lots of things unfinished and of you don't want to go out of business, you should appoint as the new head." She dammed her fists on the fable in her haste and I gave her a death stare. She mumbled a quick sorry.

"Fine fine fine. You're the new head. Now get out of my office."

"Of course father you won't regret it."

She quickly exited the office and I leaned back in my chair.

Flashback ends

"Wow.....that is weird."

"I KNOW!" He took another sip of tea.

It was really odd how Vanessa knew everything just 24 hours after the whole incident but she wasn't wrong; the mafia knows everything.

"Oh well, you can't go back now."

"True that."

We continued talking for another 2 hours until someone came over and told me that the restaurant was closing in 30 minutes.

"I guess that's my cue to leave then." He says while getting up.

"Yeah."

"You should come to the party Y/N. We still need to catchup. And even if you won't speak to Tom, you still have Harrison to talk to."

"Oh that's true. I haven't spoken to him yet."

"So I'll see you?"

"Yes you will."

He opened his arms for another hug. "Come here you are not rejecting me again."

I hugged him tightly and we both went our separate ways. I drove back to my apartment and called Camilla.

"Hey bitch can I call you later-"

"Camilla what are you doing on the 16th January?"

Word count: 1365

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

30.6K 688 16
***Sequel to Battle For The Power*** After Y/n Y/l/n undergoes severe injures the people surrounding her: Tom Holland, Harrison Osterfield, Carson Y...
1.8K 33 27
How hard is it to love something that death can touch? We all know it's hard question. But we all know the answer to it. As much as they both know. ...
24.4K 442 17
❝ Haven't changed have you Holland. Neither have you y/l. ❞ ⛅️ :: TomHolland x reader
65.5K 2K 46
**𝘛𝘩𝘪𝘳𝘥 𝘉𝘰𝘰𝘬 𝘰𝘧 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘔𝘦𝘵𝘩𝘰𝘥 𝘚𝘦𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘴** When Y/N and Tom break up, they realise that living their seperate lives is harder than...