The Real Tales of a Housekeep...

By PandemoniumsKey

I've only worked as a housekeeper for little more than a year, but in that time, so much has happened that I... More

Key Terms
1. The British Invasion
2. A Month of no Service
3. In the 20s
4. First Tip in the 20s
5. Give Me a Minute, No Two!
6. Bugs, Bugs and More Bugs
7. Mystical White Powder
9. The Two Hour Room
10. The Room of Many Stains
11. Waste of space
12. Gena
13. From the Corner of My Eye
14. I'm a Clutz
15. Bullshit The Bathrooms not Done
16. Punching
17. Power Outage
19. Locked Out
20. That One Day With Maintenance
21. That Question
22. Malfunction
23. TEAMS!
24. Just One Bite?
25. The Week of No Phone
26. The Guests Are Out to Get Me
27. Stolen
28. The Terrible, Awful, No Good, Bad Day

8. Bather While Cleaning

9 2 0
By PandemoniumsKey

Now, this is one of my more awkward moments. Like REALLY AWKWARD! Before and after this, I have had plenty more. I have tripped over bedsheets, tripped over my own sheets, walked into rooms of sleeping guests and many more. 

I was cleaning this room, the guests had already been there for a month. They always took service, but their rooms were always bad when the other girls and I got back to it the next day. 

They had just moved to Canada and were waiting for a house. It would take a while it seemed.

They had two rooms with five children. A teen, a preteen, a young child and twin toddlers.

Nobody wanted to have these rooms on their board. They were always gross and always put the girls behind. They smelled bad and they were a ton of work.

Everyone especially dreaded the day they checked out.

I had a joke going that I would only say in the safety of the laundry room. "Whoever gets those rooms on their board when they check out might as well have rooms taken away now."

Well, I had their rooms one day and the mother (who didn't speak English) was in the tub. They had requested service. They were having guests over soon.

I was just finishing the bedroom area. "I can come back when your mom is done in the bath," I told the preteen.

She ran into the bathroom to speak with her mother, "clean the bathroom now please. We will do the tub."

I shook my head adamant on waiting. But they continued to insist. I went in and did it.

It was awful. I felt so awkward cleaning a bathroom with a naked woman behind a thin curtain. I was thankful it wasn't see-through.

I kept my eyes away from the bathtub as I worked quickly to get out of there.

It was the fastest, I think, I have ever cleaned in all my time at a hotel.

Nobody has ever heard this outside work. Folks, consider yourself lucky that I am sharing this now.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

31 0 14
This story is a Thriller based on Factual locations. Please note, that this story, even though it uses real place names and areas within that place...
263 6 11
This is a story about me, the Nobody, turning to be Somebody to someone... ;) Just a short story. ^_^ DISCLAIMER: This story is based on true events...
495 30 10
This incident happened to me in the year 2017, I was a girl of 16 then. This story is based on a real life experience. All the names of characters, p...
1.7K 258 112
This is about my idiot roommate, Veronica who literally can't do anything right in life, and frankly, she REALLY ticks me off; way over the limit. (I...