π”‡π”¬π”²π”Ÿπ”©π”’ π”—π”―π”¬π”²π”Ÿπ”©π”’βœ˜:...

By GreenAlaskas

It all started on a Friday Night. 13 suspects, 1 dead body and a lot of blood. Two complete strangers meet up... More

π”‡π”¬π”²π”Ÿπ”©π”’ π”—π”―π”¬π”²π”Ÿπ”©π”’ ✘ Justice for Colber
Cast
Extended Prologue
1 | In or Out
2 | As Soon as Possible
3 | River of Tears
4 | One out of 24
5 | Innocent
6 | Her Name's Maddox
7 | The Hero of the Team
8 | Truth or Lie?
9 | The Funeral, Part I: White Roses
10 | The Funeral, Part II: A Reason
11 | Number One Chance
12 | I'll Have My Revenge
13 | Playing Games
14 | Bad Meets Evil
16 | Devil in Disguise
17 | A lot of Baggage
18 | "I'm Done"
19 | Confidential
20 | Fragmented
21 | The Code

15 | Spider's Web

243 137 30
By GreenAlaskas

SPIDER'S WEB

A/N: I'M BACK, HI! don't forget to comment and vote, LOVE YOU TO THE MOON AND BACK 💓 ps: unedited; oh and BTW Sorry for the long wait, I had to take some time off to focus myself on college the past few months. ❤️ Love u!

EVREN'S POV

✘✘✘

THE SOFT PALMS of my two separated hands linger against the curvy shape of the car's left door handle. The air functions as a double agent - growing hotter each second while making the atmosphere seem heavier around us, though I made a quick effort to open a little the window next to me.

I focus my eyes on the lines of my damp hair dancing widely through the wind entering from the window and evading the space belonging to the first two front seats.

Me and Brendan have been inside his car for not much longer than three minutes, I know this because my attention hasn't turned away from my phone much more than mere few seconds, which has been glued to the space connecting my closed naked legs.

Yes, I am very aware that I'm wearing shorts for the first time since my long parted puberty days, and I'm sure God can hear my inner screams well enough from heaven to recognize my lack of choice in this matter too, as well as my unhappiness towards the situation.

I absolutely hate to show off my skin this much, probably because there's a funny side of me that always enjoyed to embody a cool tomboy style to my demeanor. Not to mention that I've gotten multiple comments over the years about my long legs and tall figure which had made me grow insecure about it.

Anyway, a girl has to grow some balls too, right? So I thought about giving it a try, for exceptional reasons of course.

Getting into Travis Walker's mind is my main goal at the current moment, if it means to put on some shorts, a sexy crop top or a pair of boots with heels, I wasn't saying no to that.

Besides, I am absolutely sure a tiny sacrifice will pay off once I get to approach mine to his very irritating, punchable face, once I open my lips to make him play along with my games while failing to decipher the true meaning behind my sudden approach.

I am winning this.

However, having to take Brendan's ride in order to caught Travis alone was putting me in an uncomfortable place for some reason. With a single hand touching the steering wheel, he stayed silent, all the time.

There is no music on the background, so I can't ignore when my ears catch the sound of his breath, of his rapid movements when adjusting the gear-shift, or even the twists his body does while driving through each corner.

Is he thinking about something out of the ordinary that surprisingly enough even his irritating voice went off or is he always like this, cold, observant, distant guy?

A sudden urge to question him takes over me, making me almost crack the silence we're in, but I advert it in a second. Silly of me to even thinking about starting a conversation with Rhys. Obviously, we're far from being anything close to friends, we probably don't have anything in common to talk about, not to mention I've noticed our personalities crash quite often.

Engaging in a conversation with a guy who's merely interested in the persuasion skills I can offer to the table so Travis can believe I'm a trustful person, is absurd and pointless, to say the least.

I look back at my phone again, another minute passed. Hell, am I going insane or have we been inside this car forever?

"Turn on the radio if you want to." He suddenly said, as if he had somehow read my previous thoughts.

I look up to the rear-view mirror but find him not looking back at me, so I push my body against the seat indecisively, not giving him any answer.

I'm enjoying the street views from the window when I sense him reaching his arm towards something. The next thing I notice RnB is echoing beside us and the oxygen around us gets less heavy.

It's bittersweet, beetlejuice,

Silly me, how weak of you, to do me wrong and to your amuse,

But I'll buy your excuse,

I press my lips tighter as I lean over the window, realizing how strange and incoherent of me to take on the opportunity to get closer to someone I haven't seen in years, knowing perfectly well enough I would have declined any form of contact with an acquaintance of mine if I was outside town.

It was toxic, down here. To think that I'd be back to see some old faces and walk on the same streets as before when I was convinced these possibilities were out ruined still has an effect on me today. Everything changed so damn suddenly...

And I don't understand why you're so short-fused, always walking around with your attitude,

But only a fool would hold a grudge over old news

Yet, I can't contain the pleasure I feel inside me becoming stronger – this adrenaline, this feeling I could never let go of. And to be reminded of it after so much time makes a smirk reappear on my lips once again.

Sure, the circumstances could've been different, but then again, where's the fun in easy?

Besides, it's not like I haven't been looking for an adventure, right? I move my sight to Brendan once the car stops, he's looking calm, attentive and unbothered, though I catch a glimpse at his Adam apple moving upside down.

The locks of his mid-blonde-brown hair are wild as usual, he always bears cool, serene, expressionless features whereas his posture is tense as if he has written certain expectations inside his brains which aren't going to take place.

I find that intriguing, for a guy who doesn't really care about much, surely looks like he spends most of the time enveloped inside the mind of his.

Perhaps a part of him is still sane, after all. A smile finds my mouth before I move my eyes away from his presence before he can look back at me.

My hand hugs the metal tiny piece of the door handle, pushing it further in hopes for it to open. The icy air penetrates through my body, making my unclothed legs shiver.

"You're staying?" I question Brendan, realizing he hasn't moved.

"It's better if people don't see us together." He says like it's no big deal.

He's right, if someone from the circle saw us hanging out, especially Travis, they would presume something was up, and we can't let that happen. "I'll be waiting though, so don't be too late."

I let out a gasp after closing the door, responding "Trust me, it'll be quick."

Stopping for a minute, I adjust my clothes and put my hair on its place, before making my way to the one opened bar on the street. Brendan's car is not too far away from the scene, which is smart since he can watch if someone unwelcome enters after me.

I take a long breath once my feet touch the humid floor and a sharp taste of alcohol and cigarettes kiss my lips. I look around, getting familiarized with the ceiling's purple and blue blinding lights and the great number of bodies dancing in syntony.

I'm sure he's here. Travis never wasted his precious alone time after football practices, using it to distract himself, even more, if Page was busy.

I make my way through the dense crowd, until I finally spot him with a beer on his hands, surprisingly alone. Bingo.

"Incredible how I always find what I'm looking for." The tips of my mouth move arithmetically while my legs hug the tall black chair previously unoccupied.

Takes him a moment before he notices Evren Maddox is sitting by his side, with a look of both surprise and shock, he nods, indifferent, yet smirks, dumbfounded, once his brown eyes trail to my leverage, hips, and legs.

He laughs and adds "Miracles do happen, uh?", taking a sip at his drink.

"Meaning?" I challenge him, ordering a black beer from the red-headed dude next to the balcony.

"Meaning, you fail to notice me for years, nearly cost me a night at jail, contribute for my ass to put up with multiple visits at the principal's office, and then, there you are, back from the shadows, like a dead person who has just miraculously reborn."

"So am I to you a ghost from the past? I thought you had moved on, Walker. We're not high school kids anymore."

Travis now eyes me directly, still drinking, while his expression remains clean and untroubled. "It's not just that, Maddox. What are you doing here? Is it just a mere coincidence you've returned home when Colber dies?"

A sarcastic laugh is heard coming from my throat. "You know, I do value the fact that after all what happened, you're not afraid to speak his name out loud."

"Don't tell me now the mention of his name still haunts you?"

"Please... Colber's been dead to me long before he actually died."

These words coming out of my mouth keep hurting me silently, but I know I have to maintain a solid posture as well as a double personality, now that I've agreed to play a part on this rollercoaster too.

"I'm surprised you're saying that. Thought you loved him."

"I had to re-plan all of my life because of his man ego and poor judgment, he made me go through a public embarrassment and still got away with it. If I ever loved him, then all of it is long gone."

My drink arrives and I'm quick to taste it, so I can break a little eye contact.

God, having to lie about myself and Colber or my intentions and feelings towards him probably is more difficult than I thought it would be.

"Cheers to that. He was an asshole for doing you dirty, even I can see that, Maddox." His glass crashes with mine, disturbing the image of him smirking flaunty.

"Well, it depends. Have you changed or am I still going to have to put up with your crazy ass for another year?" I question Travis, remembering the problems I used to cause him in response to his childish actions towards younger students.

"Like you said, we've both changed. However, if you want to, this time we can be friends." His eyes linger over my lap, whereas his fingers play with my hair, I can sense his breath close to mine.

Fuck, I'm about to puck.

"But not close enough, right? She's still in your hands..." I talk, mentioning Page so I can figure out his reaction.

"She doesn't- how can I say... appreciate me completely. Besides, we're over. A bit of new investment on something unusual wouldn't hurt, you see?"

I feel his predatory fingers trace the skin of my neck, his mouth very close to my cheek. "Don't worry, nobody needs to know."

My hand touches on the fabric of his shirt, his muscles flex. "Travis, you should know I don't negotiate for free."

He laughs, and I feel his warm breath on my skin, "There you go, the Maddox I once knew finally arrived." He distances himself, grabbing his beer once again.

"Wouldn't you think getting into my pants would be that easy, uh?"

"Nothing is ever easy with you."

"Look, we can fuck tonight and wake up tomorrow like it never happened. I wouldn't mind that. But I know you, Walker. You love a little game, and so do I. Shall we make things a little more exciting?"

"Fine." He intervenes, getting more serious. "Get to the point, what do you want?"

"Information."

"About what?"

"Not what, who. When I arrived, I felt some things were different. It didn't take too long before I noticed someone else was... well, disturbing on specific matters not related to him. Tell me everything you know about the new guy, Brendan Rhys."

Once I say his name, Travis becomes considerably tense, his body visibly rigid and his eyeballs not soaking from happiness.

"Oh really? What interest can you possibly have on Rhys?"

"Isn't it obvious? He came here when I was gone, he obviously doesn't have a clue about my relationship with Colber and to be honest, I don't want him to. I've finally made peace with myself over what happened, put on an effort to forgive myself for my errors... "

"Now that I'm here I don't want people to start talking shit again, I've gotten sick of the spotlight. Whoever he is, I don't need a prick asking people about a matter that is freaking buried."

"So I count on you. Is he a threat? Should I be careful with him in some way? Do you trust him?" I lean closer to Travis so we can talk in a lower tone.

"Brendan is... he's two-faced. A negligent fucker who came to Highland Bricklane thinking he had a crown on his head and a bunch of girls to fuck. He's really nothing but a sore loser."

"I heard he became closer to Colber too... Is it true about what he did to you?" Finally, the moment to use the card I've been waiting to play.

Travis gulps and gives me a look of pure hatred, but doesn't speak.

"I went to see the practices today, became surprised on how quick he replaced you. We might've disliked each other Walker, but you really were a talented player."

He unleashes his displeasure when he asks the bartender for three more beers in a not so polite manner, before replying

"Yeah, I haven't forgotten how greedy of Rhys to launch himself at the very first opportunity he had to fuck someone's life that easily. He isn't my friend, and no, I don't trust him. As far as I can see, he's bad news."

"Does he know too much?"

"He knows a lot of shit, Maddox. Even about me. You better be careful around him if he starts asking around about you and Colber. He's not the type of guy to create a whole scandalous scenario in the middle of the class, but know this, if he finds out your secrets, he'll toy with them."

His warning is perfectly audible, his distaste towards Brendan too. No way this is all that has happened between the two.

As far as I know, the part of Rhys being mischievous and mysterious is something even myself had already figured out. I might be on a team of two, though at the end of the day, all I know is that I'm playing alone. Me versus the world, that isn't going to change.

"Then we'll give him a lesson." I throw.

"What are you talking about?" Travis watches me with a puzzled face.

"Let's just say the coach used to like me a lot when I was a cheerleader back then. I'm sure I can convince him to give you a second chance. In exchange, and since we're talking about secrets, I want you to find one of his's, just in case I have the means to defend myself in a possible future situation."

"That'll probably cost me a lot of work." He mentions, but I catch he's happy about my will to help him. Finally, the spider's on the web.

"Nothing that won't pay off, right?" I show off a smirk, putting my hand back at his torso. He responds by launching his fingers to my hip and trying to close the distance between us.

I fall into his arms and mumble something I can't hear, feeling his brown hair on my neck. He's kissing my skin, and I'm doing my best not to scream or to beat the shit out of him.

My hand grabs his neck, although my eyes are very much open, observing the room in hopes nobody from college notices us. I'm too troubled to even think about responding to Travis's attempt to kiss my lips when my eyes lock with another fire ones. Immediately, I feel something holding me back.

He hasn't fully entered the building, his body is simply laying at the entrance, and he looks he's in a hurry. Brendan tells me something through his eyes, perhaps that he needs some sort of explanation for my delay.

I close my eyelids when a mouth crashes with mine. I warned him – this time I am making the rules, so even to his displeasure or mine, I have no other choice than to keep the plan going.

✘✘✘

omgg, what are your opinions on this chapter? Do u agree with Evren's choice of approach? I do need your opinions, I LOVE YOUUUUU 💓

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.4K 435 43
Falling in love with an enemy knowingly is wrong. What if, it happens unknowingly? ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ " W-what this? " I lost the ability to speak Englis...
389 2 6
Death has been following me since the day I was born. You are losing loved ones. You're losing friends. It's scary when you start to lose yourself. L...
7.3K 2.2K 29
Imagine going from this: "Can I kiss you?" Those words reverberated through my ears and sent shivers down my spine, literally. I could sense the pass...
3.3K 57 17
16-year-old Seraphina Vesper was completely content with her life. Being ahead in her grade she is perfectly college-bound and her unknown secret onl...