The Real Tales of a Housekeep...

By PandemoniumsKey

I've only worked as a housekeeper for little more than a year, but in that time, so much has happened that I... More

Key Terms
1. The British Invasion
2. A Month of no Service
3. In the 20s
5. Give Me a Minute, No Two!
6. Bugs, Bugs and More Bugs
7. Mystical White Powder
8. Bather While Cleaning
9. The Two Hour Room
10. The Room of Many Stains
11. Waste of space
12. Gena
13. From the Corner of My Eye
14. I'm a Clutz
15. Bullshit The Bathrooms not Done
16. Punching
17. Power Outage
19. Locked Out
20. That One Day With Maintenance
21. That Question
22. Malfunction
23. TEAMS!
24. Just One Bite?
25. The Week of No Phone
26. The Guests Are Out to Get Me
27. Stolen
28. The Terrible, Awful, No Good, Bad Day

4. First Tip in the 20s

17 3 0
By PandemoniumsKey

If it's left in the room, you get to keep it. If it's a checkout that is. 

With money left in a room a guest is staying it, I don't touch it, unless they leave a note that expresses that it is for me. I don't want to accidentally take money that doesn't belong to me. That would cost me my job and any future jobs in the future.  

Normally when I get tips its small change. No more than $5. I have at one point received a $10 bill and thought it was the best thing ever. I had no idea what was to come a few weeks later.

One day, I had just finished cleaning a guest's room and moved onto another room. I was working within another guest's room to make sure it was done. He had come (being directed by another housekeeper) and asked me if I had been the one to clean his room

I looked at my board after he gave me the room number and I had been. I remembered his room well. It was one of the cleanest guest rooms I had been in all day. For a moment, I had thought I messed something up and he was coming to ask me to fix it - which I would gladly do. 

I nod and he smiles, "I wanted to say thank you." He extends his hand and offers me a bill. At first, I thought it was the gleaming plastic of the blue $5 bill. I tried to deny him the offer but he had already turned and was walking away. 

I walked back into my room I was cleaning with the folded bill. And that's when I noticed it wasn't blue. It was green. 

A $20 bill. He gave me a $20 bill for cleaning his bathroom. I think I nearly fell over. 

That was my first big tip and I only got a few more like that in the future. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3K 0 19
Everyone calls me Baby. And I'm a seventeen year old girl. Who is a high school student trying to keep my grades up. Who also works two jobs. One as...
4.9K 259 42
"Don't go inside! Stay!" She said, holding her hand up to show me her palm and then I leaned over the balcony, resting my forearms on the railing to...
1.1K 55 10
A group of highschoolers, in class of 11-C. It's their last year to see each other and they will graduate in a week. But they couldn't leave the scho...
1.7K 258 112
This is about my idiot roommate, Veronica who literally can't do anything right in life, and frankly, she REALLY ticks me off; way over the limit. (I...