๐ƒ๐„๐„๐ ๐„๐๐ƒ! percy...

By braekerofchains

๐ƒ๐„๐„๐ ๐„๐๐ƒ! โ i'm off the deep end, watching as i dive in โž ๐’Š๐’ ๐’˜๐’‰๐’Š๐’„๐’‰ ๐’„๐’... More

Introduction
dedication
meet the cast!
meet the cast, part two!
spotify playlists
Prologue
part one
i . Reunions
I Need Your Opinion
iii . Cain Richards
iv . Me, Myself and I
v . Purple Is The New Blonde
heyyy
vi . Dead Girl's Not Invited
vii . Dead Girl Goes Anyway
viii. A Blessing From The Wild
ix . Promises Break
x . Hades's Wrath
xi . The Bane Of Olympus
adhd special awareness
xii . Jay's Lament
xiii . Zoรซ's Pet Dragon
xiv . Weight Of The World
xv . The Stars Are Brighter From Afar
xvi . Upon Thy Return
part two
xvii . Hero Returns, Empty Handed
xviii. Nature's Justice
xix. Juniper's Blues
xx. Into The Labyrinth
xxi . Hello Darkness, My Old Friend
xxii. The God Complex
xxiii. Taurus Comes For A Visit
xxiv. Cain's Deadly Fear
xxv. Servant of the Dead
xxvi. Old McDonald
xxvii. Annabeth's Hubris
xxviii. Who She's Always Been
xxix. Falling Into The Deep End
xxx. Back Under
xxxi. The God Complex II
xxxii. The Ghost King
xxxiii. The Last Stage
xxxiv. The God Complex III
xxxv. Her Perilous Twin
xxxvi. Too Many Goodbyes
part three
xxxvii. A Little Older, Not At All Wiser
xxxviii. The Last Olympian
xxxix. A Sleeping City
xl. His Mortal Tether
xli. She Will Fight!
xlii. The Leading Deceit
xliii. Where Hope Survives
xliv. Family, Luke
xlv. To Family
Epilogue
NEW SERIES!!

ii . The New Claire Moore

12.1K 441 173
By braekerofchains

╔═══════════════╗

chapter two.
(  the titain's curse  )
the new claire moore! ❞

╚═══════════════╝

     Sitting in the Big House, waiting for Hannah to come was probably the most nerve wracking thing yet. Hannah herself was a demigod, she understood the dangers better than anyone, but she never experienced a quest, or anything rather amazing. Hannah lived her life at Camp Half-Blood as a child of Hermes, trained, ate, slept, trained, hung out with friends, ate, slept ... the same routine over and over—except she had to deal with monsters breaking into camp more often than not. In some ways, I was a lot luckier than her to be able to walk around Camp without a trouble in the world. I'm safe, and I'm happy—at least, I was.

     Chiron had a plate of cookies on the table, as usual. I've only had one so far, but I fear that is all I will need. Appetite doesn't exist when you're dead, but it exists when you're living, since I'm both, I'm not exactly sure how that will work.

      I could hear them talking in the other room. I'm not exactly sure on what they're saying, but I am for certain that it's about me. You just have this feeling when it's about you. Without realising, you just become more aware of the environment around you, because someone is judging you not far away. It must be some sort of instinct, I don't know. But it happened, and I can tell.

       I wanted to hear what they were saying. Maybe it was about the prophecy, or about what Hades has done to me, or perhaps about something different entirely. For a second, I thought, oh that will be easy, I can just turn invisibleand then I realised I couldn't anymore.

      Okay, I rolled my eyes, let's do this the old fashioned way.

      I went to get up and sneak towards the door, but then it opened, and I rushed to sit back down. I grabbed another cookie, leaning back so it was nonchalant and not as if I was just about to eavesdrop on a—probably—very secret conversation.

      Hannah looked different. She had chopped her hair off so it fell just below her jawline. She look sophisticated—she always looked sophisticated, it came with being born in a rich family. It suited her, but it made her look old. But I guess that was the point. The biggest change, however, was the ring that sat on the fourth finger on her left hand.

      My eyes bulged. She got engaged? She was getting married? To who? Cory? It had to be Cory—what if it wasn't Cory?

     "Claire!" Hannah breathed and ran over. She pulled me up and into a hug. I was afraid I might die again if she squeezed too hard: 'Hey Hades, sorry, I kinda got hugged to death.' "Oh, my gods! You're alive!"

     "Yeah ..."

     She pulled away and whacked me in the shoulder. I gaped at her in surprise. "How dare you, Claire Moore! You scared Cory and I to death! What stupid notion was in your head that made you think that sacrificing yourself was a good idea?!"

     I went red, "Well, I-I couldn't exactly control it—"

     "We had a funeral and everything!" Hannah started to cry, and she hugged me again. "Don't ever do that again!"

     I know that she was thinking the same thing as me: saying that was nearly impossible. A demigod's life was dangerous, and perhaps after this, my luck has run out. The next time I pull off something like I had on the Princess Andromeda, I wouldn't be so fortunate. But I nodded anyway, "I won't. I promise."

     It was silly to promise something like that, but I didn't know how else to make Hannah feel better.

    Over Hannah's shoulder I saw Cory, and I had a moment of absolute relief ... and confusion. Relief, because the ring on Hannah's finger was from him, and confused because he was a mortal in a camp for demigods.

     Hannah noticed my frown, and she explained. "Mr D let Cory into Camp so we could see you. Uh ... by the way ... big news but ... I mean, Cory and I..."

     "Are getting married?" I prompted, pointing to her engagement ring.

    "Oh! Yeah!" Hannah laughed through the tears and showed her ring. "Yeah, we've been engaged for a month ... and I'm so glad you'll be here for it! But that wasn't what I was going to say..."

     I frowned, "You weren't going to tell me you were engaged?"

     "No! The was going to be the second thing I was going to tell you."

     "Oh, so what's the first?"

    "Cory and I are staying."

     "Staying?" I arched a brow at them. "Where?"

     "Here," said Cory nervously, glancing at Chiron with a hesitant gaze. The mist must've been lifted for him, and I could only imagine how he was feeling. "I mean, if we're allowed to..."

     "You're staying here?" I ask, gaping. I was not expecting that. They can't stay here though, not with everything going on. Where would they stay? Surely not the Hermes cabin... I'm confused.

     "Uh, yeah!" Hannah smiled. "Well, I didn't want to leave you considering you were dead the past three-four months. And Chiron gave me the position as co-activities director. I'll be helping out with the lessons and such."

     I glanced at Chiron, giving him a wild look. He just shrugged at me, as if he hadn't had a choice in the matter. "That's ... that's great!"

      I meant it! I really did! I had died, and now I was seeing Hannah again when I thought I would never. The idea of her being there twenty-four-seven at the moment sounded great! But at the same time ... it didn't. I didn't want Hannah to freak out every single time I went up the lava wall or played Capture the Flag. And then there was Cory. He wasn't a half-blood, I'm sure half the demigods here wouldn't want him around.

       Hannah didn't seem to realise, however. As she only just gave me another huge hug. Cory came over, and he held out his hand for a high-five, but I hugged him instead. He was surprised, but I didn't let go. I missed him too.

       When they pulled away, Hannah glanced back at Chiron, and he had a grave look on his face. I hated that face. I wish he knew how to smile more before giving bad news. Give good news first Chiron, because then I'm not dreading someone's death as soon as I say hello to you. But then again, that would probably be worse, because then I'd be scared by every smile he gives because what if bad news was after it?

      "It's time?" sighed Hannah, and he nodded.

     "Time?" I frowned. "What do you mean 'it's time'?"

      Chiron grimaced, "For you to consult the Oracle."

     "Oh ..." I wasn't sure whether I was scared, nervous or excited. I wanted to know what my future was, what all this meant, but at the same time ... what if it predicted something terrible? By the look on Chiron's face, I feel that it might be the latter. I've never consulted the Oracle before. I remember when Percy had last year, and he looked so shaken afterwards.

       "It's okay," Hannah tried to reassure me, but it wasn't really working. "You can do it, Claire, I believe in you."

      I know that she, like everyone else, was hoping for answers—and I was too, but knowing my luck that wish wouldn't be granted.

      Without another word, I started to make my way to the staircase. I've lived at camp half-blood most my life—and apparently I'm even gonna stay here now that I'm dead (oh, sorry, in Transition)—and never, ever, have I gone near the attic.

      The boards were worn out and scuffed in the middle after thousands of half-bloods who have walked the same path as me in the past few centuries. Climbing up to perhaps their imminent doom, towards the nice bathrooms (well, later one, because eighteenth-century demigods like Hamilton wouldn't have used an inside toilet like these ones), or on their way to have a chat with Chiron—which I guess could also be one's imminent doom, depending on the day. Chiron could look very scary when he's angry.

      Dust didn't seem to circulate on the steps and handle until I reached the second-story landing. Before me, was a dusty ladder leading up to an old wooden trapdoor. It really showed that everyone, not just me was scared of the Oracle. I didn't want to go up there, but I mustered my courage. She's practically a skeleton, what could she do? So, with a deep breath, I placed my hands on the ladder—ew it's really dusty—and started to pull myself up.

      My feet and hands left prints behind me. I winced at the spiderwebs that were in every corner, but I hadn't seen one of the dreaded creatures yet. When I reached the top, I gulped and unhooked the latch. Pushing open the trapdoor, I was met with a cloud of dust that nearly made me fall off the ladder from how much I coughed.

      Now, I know there is an easier way to do this. But, knowing me, I chose the most awkward way to get up and into the attic. I reached out my arms and grabbed a table leg that wasn't far from me and crawled out of the hole and into the dark room. I hated it, because I ended up on my back and staring up at a large spiderweb with a spider dangling down from it.

      "Oh, my god," I quickly shuffled away into one of the side tables that lined each wall. They were filled with trinkets and trophies demigods have received from killing monsters or on quests. I stood up, and on the table behind me I saw the horn of the Minotaur Percy had slain. Next to it, was a plaque–freshly golden and polished—that read: The Golden Fleece, retrieved by Daughter of Ares, Clarisse La Rue on her quest to save the Camp from monsters. Someone recently had added a little posted note that had fallen down to the ground, but it read as well as Claire Moore, Percy Jackson, Annabeth Chase and Tyson! I managed a chuckle when I realised the writing was Will's. He was probably the only kid at Camp that had free rein of the Big House. It was his job to keep all the objects in here clean and the plaques polished, and restocking the shelves in the infirmary (with my help). He's a keen demigod, he is. He may not enjoy fighting, but he loved the finer things—which sometimes, are more important.

      Across on the other side, cluttered with everything one could imagine, was a sweet pink scarf that was the brightest thing in the room. It smelt like strawberries, and cinnamon, and everything sweet and nice. Percy and I had found Aphrodite's scarf last year at Water Land; the sight of it made me smile.

      I was nervous to see my friends again, but I was already missed arguing with Percy and pushing him out of my on the lava wall. I missed chatting with Annabeth, and her droning on about random facts and myths that have unfortunately stuck in my head. And Grover—good old Grover—I loved teasing him about the nymphs, and seeing him run after them only to laugh when he ran straight into their trees. And Tyson, I don't know where Tyson was now, but I wanted the chance to repay him back for everything he did. I was guilty about the person I used to be to him, I wanted to redeem myself.

     Past the wooden tables, came the candles, surrounding a rickety old chair on a dusty, rug soiled by one unlucky winter where the rain leaked through the roof and onto the poor old Oracle of Delphi. On that chair, sat the Oracle herself. I hate the sight of her. She was a skeleton dressed up in ripped old rags with wisps of red hair dangling down her shoulders. Her skin was cracked and chipped, as if she was a broken object forced to work with missing pieces; those missing pieces being her breath of life. She was a skeleton, forced to come to life to speak the future—it was unnatural; hoarse and terrifying. This woman—this dead woman—was going to tell my future without any remorse, it didn't matter whether it was a prophecy leading to my death or not.

      I think I stood there for a few seconds, just waiting to see if she would just start talking, but she didn't.

      "Um ... okay ..." my fingers dropped to the hem of shirt—well, my scorched shirt. Maybe I should try talking, asking? "Um ... hi?" I took a step forward. "Um ... I heard there was a prophecy about me?"

       Silence.

       "Um..." I shifted on the balls of my feet. Percy never told me what happened when he was up here—all except what his prophecy was. Did he ask for his prophecy or did she just come alive and tell him. "Can ... can you tell me what that prophecy is...?"

       No answer.

       No answer at all.

° ° °

     "She didn't give you a prophecy?"

      I shook my head. Lee pursed his lips from the opposite side of the table. "That's not good," he muttered.

      "Yeah ..."

     I was nervous coming to dinner that night. Returning back for everyone to see me caused an absolute outrage of surprise, then confusion, and then came the cheers. Everyone rushed forward to hug me, or to check whether I was real. They asked how I survived, or how I came back, or what really happened. My siblings looked they were ready to faint. Lee was pale, stumbling towards me with a hoarse question of, "You're alive?"

     I just hugged him, and the rest of my siblings that had stayed over winter. Including the two new additions, Austin Lake and Kayla Knowles; one a budding saxophonist, he told me and the other a feisty red-head with an intense green stare.

     In celebration, everyone's chores were relieved for the next two weeks. The whole camp cheered for me and for Chiron, and while I was bursting with happiness, and was feeling the overwhelming need to cry, I found myself wishing I was enjoying this special occasion with Annabeth, Percy and Grover—and, since she was alive, Thalia.

      And Jay.

     His empty seat beside Seamus Derry seemed colder than my own body. It hovered over the ecstatic atmosphere like a chill in an empty, haunted room.

     Lee Fletcher sighed before taking a sip from his coke. "But wasn't that Hades said was supposed to happen? You said he told you that you must consult the Oracle upon your return."

     I shrugged, unable to find a strong answer. "Maybe it didn't mean straight away. Upon my return could technically mean any time after my return right?"

     "Not necessarily," Lee frowned. "Upon means as you arrive."

     "Well, maybe the Fates need a lesson in English literature because it didn't happen as I arrived."

      "Well, I don't know, Claire," Lee shook his head. "Maybe I guess we should just focus on the fact that you're alive and your back and celebrate, not worry about a prophecy. They're always bummers at a party."

"You're a bummer at a party."

"Well, at least you're attitude hasn't gone away," Lee said. "For a second I thought this new Claire Moore would be nice."

"Oh haha," while I tried to laugh it off, his words of the 'new Claire Moore' really hit me. Was that what I was? New, different ... I guess he was right. I was no longer the girl I used to be—I didn't have my powers, for one!—; the life I used to know has changed so drastically that I might as well be someone new. I glanced up to the top table where Hannah was laughing at Cory who was staring in amazement as a pile of cheeseburgers appeared on his plate. Everything was new; and some of it I liked, other things not so much.

"Hey, Claire!" I turned with a smile at the familiar voice of Silena Beauregard. Her dark hair was surprisingly pulled out of her face, allowing the torches that lit up the pavilion shower her face in a soft orange glow. "I'm so glad you're back." I didn't know what to do as she hugged me. Silena never hugged me, and I wasn't sure whether I should hug her back or like just sit there awkwardly ... in the end I have an awkward pat on the back. When she pulled away, I was even more surprised to see her crying. "It was so terrible, Claire! We all thought you were gone for good—Percy was mad at everyone for the rest of the summer! It was terrible!"

I ignored how my stomach fluttered at the thought of Percy being angry over my death. Morbid, I know, but the thought that he cared made me blush. I mean, it was—for me—only not last night, but the night before that I kissed him on the cheek—(Oh, what had I been thinking?!).

Unsure on how to deal with a sobbing Silena, I managed a tight smile and rubbed her shoulder. "I-it's okay, now, Silena, I'm back, you have nothing to worry about now."

When Silena's eyes welled up with even more tears, I could only think, oh, here we go again before she threw her arms around my neck again. It wasn't that I wasn't touched by Silena's worry and grief over me, but I hate dealing with complicated emotions—I just can't handle them. I don't know how to help her or what to say to her other than, it's going to be ok. Well, of course it's ok! I'm back! But that doesn't help the situation, especially when it sounds forced from my mouth like I didn't even want to say it.

After dinner, the Apollo Cabin decided to throw a party behind Chiron and Mr D's back, which I said was terrible and will definitely not work. But they ignored me and soon after dinner and when Chiron had retired and Mr D was most likely busy playing PacMan, the Apollo Cabin was filled with too many half-bloods. The Apollo Cabin was one of the biggest cabins because it usually had the most claimed children, but even then, it could barely fit everybody. Especially the Hermes Cabin. But we couldn't sneak outside, for the Harpies would sure find us and eat us. The Stoll Brothers bought Diet Coke with them stolen from the stash at the Big House. I don't know how they did it, but they did.

Lee immediately grabbed one of the cans and stood up on top of a chair. He silenced everyone who were all cramped up on the beds and on the chests and on the floor. Lee raised up his can, "To Claire! Who even managed to tell Death to crawl up his ass!"

"To Claire!" Everyone chanted, and for the first time since I've come back, I felt like my old self—like I had never left.

° ° °

      Bet you weren't expecting that!

      Actually, you probably were

      Anyway! Hope you enjoyed this chapter. I can't wait for the next one!!! Perrrcccyyyyyy is backkkkk and Thalia and Grover and ... no Annabeth ... how do you think Percy and Claire will interact after Percy having accepted her death????

      Gemma out!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

31.7K 1.1K 48
โ› ๐ข ๐ฎ๐ฌ๐ž๐ ๐ญ๐จ ๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ง๐ค ๐จ๐ง๐ž ๐๐š๐ฒ ๐ฐ๐ž'๐ ๐ญ๐ž๐ฅ๐ฅ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ฌ๐ญ๐จ๐ซ๐ฒ ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐ฎ๐ฌ, ๐ก๐จ๐ฐ ๐ฐ๐ž ๐ฆ๐ž๐ญ ๐š๐ง๐ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ฌ๐ฉ๐š๐ซ๐ค๐ฌ ๐Ÿ๐ฅ๐ž๐ฐ ๐ข๐ง...
75K 2K 24
โฅ ๐‹๐Ž๐†๐ˆ๐‚๐€๐‹ โœฐ โธป in which two teens meet and understand eachother more than anyone as they are on dangerous quests ! โžณ โ”Špercy jackson and the...
127K 7.4K 53
for you, i would steal the stars. titan's curse - last olympian
287K 11.1K 71
๐–ค“ ๐‡๐„๐‹๐ˆ๐Ž๐๐‡๐ˆ๐‹๐ˆ๐€. (n.) desire to stay in the sun; love of sunlight โ If you want to shine like a sun, you must burn like one โž โชPercy Jack...