When The Smoke Is In Your Eye...

By thighhighlarry

'I don't wanna be your friend, I wanna kiss your neck' https://www.instagram.com/thighhighlarry/ Copyright 2... More

0.00
0.01
0.02
0.03
0.04
0.05
0.07
0.08
0.09
0.10
0.11
0.12
0.13
0.14
0.15
0.16
0.17
0.18
0.19
0.20
0.21
0.22
0.23
0.24
0.25
0.26
0.27
0.28
0.29
0.30
0.31
0.32
0.33
0.34
0.35
0.36
0.37
0.38
0.39
0.40
0.41
0.42
0.43
0.44
0.45
0.46
0.47
0.48
0.49
0.50
0.51
0.52
0.53
0.54
Epilogue
Epilogue II

0.06

96.5K 3.2K 14.8K
By thighhighlarry

19.01.15

*

"I'd kill for an inset day." Jay sighed as they sat at the kitchen table, Daisy on Louis' lap and the other three girls in the living room.

"You only have today then you've got two days off. I was thinking I could take the girls out somewhere this weekend you could have some time for yourself, see some friends, go out somewhere." Louis told her, helping Daisy down off the chair when she began to wriggle and watching her run off to her other sisters.

"Lou, you can't take all four by yourself."

"Honestly mum it's not that hard, I've done it before."

"You're too good Lou, I'm glad you didn't turn out bad."

"Why would I of? With a mother like you." He laughed.

"Yeah, but you've not had the best run with men in your life."

"Mum, I don't need a dad. Especially either of the two who have left. I'm more than happy with you and the girls."

"I know you are, I just feel bad, that's all."

"Please don't mum, you want me to take the girls to school?"

"If you would." She smiled.

Louis got up and walked over to his mum, pulling her in for a hug and resting his head on her shoulder.

"Got my short genes though didn't you." She laughed, pinching Louis' hip.

Louis stuck his tongue out at her, going off into the living room to gather his sisters for school.

He got back to his house around 9:00 and was lounging on the sofa for a good 15 minutes. Him and his friends had made no plans for that day, all probably doing other things or still sleeping so he opened up snapchat and sent Harry a snap of him pulling a horendous face. It was stupid of him to send it for 8 seconds because Harry screenshotted it as soon as he'd seen it, replying with a photo of him with his eyes shut, his nose scrunched up and his tongue out. The caption read 'why are you not at school mr'

Louis replied with a photo of him doing a fish pout then the caption 'inset day doofus', Harry screenshotted that as well.

A text from Harry flashed at the top of his screen

what you doing today then minx? it read.

nothing so far he replied

come out with me somwhere !!!

yeah, let me just get in my imaginary car with my imaginary licence and drive to ur unknown house

no you idiot, i'll pick you up!

where r we going then

anwyhere

im sure u have better things to do than me

i'd do you any day

shut up

are you blushing?

go away

are you?

ur an idiot

you are! aha i made you blush!

wow, whats new!

sassy

indeed

i'll be over in 20, look cute

go away u idiot

:D :D :D :D :D

Louis rolled his eyes at Harrys message and dropped his phone onto the sofa, going upstairs to get changed. He didn't change much, just changed into a nicer pair of sweats and pulled on his beanie. There was contemplation as to whether or not he should wear contacts but he decided it wasn't the worth the hassle, besides, Harry was already at the front door. Louis' pulled on a pair of Vans then ran downstairs, grabbing his phone and house keys before opening the door.

"Took your time." Harry commented, stepping back to let Louis lock the door as his eyes swept up and down the youngers boys body.

"You said 20 minutes, it's only been 10."

"Yeah well, we wanna get our day started before everything gets busy!" Harry said excitedely, buckling his seatbelt and waiting for Louis to do his. He had his snake bites back in, his eyebrow and ear piercing never leaving. The tattoos on his arms were revealed by the short sleeve t-shirt he was wearing, a jacket slung over the backseat.

"Harold it's 9:30. People are either alseep or at work and school." Louis commented, leaning back and putting his feet up on the dash.

"Don't be so negative! Early morning is the best time of day, I've been up since 6!"

"You're mad. I genuinely don't know how people are scared of you, you're the least scary person I've ever met."

"It's the tattoos and metal in my face, they judge on sight not speech."

"God, that was poetic." Louis laughed.

"I try my best." Was Harrys reply, smiling at Louis as he stopped at a red light.

"Where are you taking me to then Styles?"

"Well, I first thought we could go somewhere and have breakfast. I know there's a waffle house near here that opens at 9:30 so we can go there."

"That sounds perfect to me."

Their car journey lasted around 15 minutes, sometimes the space was filled with happy conversation and others just filled with silence, the radio quietly playing out. When they got to the waffle house Harry had jumped out and opened Louis' door before he'd even managed to get his seatbelt off. Louis had laughed at him, mocking him by bowing and speaking in a posh voice. Harry had pinched his hip in retaliation, locking the car and following Louis to stand where they had to wait to be served. When Louis had to stand on his tiptoes to see the the specials board Harry nearly fell over laughing, Louis' response was too hit Harry in the stomach just as a woman came to show them to a table.

"You're the worst." Louis whined, folding up his menu and hitting Harrys' arm with it.

"You love me, I'm hilarious Tomlinson." Harry replied, grabbing the menu from Louis and sticking his tongue out.

"I don't know who told you that but they lied, you're terrible."

"Thing is though, you bloody love it." A grin split across Harrys face as soon as he'd said it.

"Yeah, whatever." Louis replied, a smiling spreading across his own face.

They ordered and Harry began kicking Louis' foot with his own under the table, smirking every time Louis huffed or moved his feet. He had to pretend he was looking at something on his phone when Louis' milkshake arrived because he couldn't watch the boy suck on the straw and keep eye contact. Louis on the other hand was completely oblivious, chattering away completely unaware of Harrys struggle.

"You're going out with Max tonight?" Harry asked, cutting a chunk of his waffle.

"Mhmm, I'm going round to his, apparently his parents aren't home which freaks me about a bit."

"Well at least you have kissing practice." Harry winked.

"Stop, I wanted to forget that."

"Why? Was I that bad?"

"No! Just shush!"

"If I was that bad tell me, I might've improved. Wanna try?"

"Harry, stop." Louis said, trying not to laugh.

"No I'm serious, come on, try me." Harry replied, leaning up.

"Stop it you idiot." He reached his hand out and pushed Harry back down into his chair, shaking his head and smiling.

"Am I never gonna get a kiss again? One time and no more?"

"'Fraid so Harold."

"Dammit, at least it wasn't a shit kiss."

"Harry." Louis scolded.

"Sorry, sorry. At least it wasn't a bad kiss."

"Thank you, now can we please stop talking about the bloody kiss."

"I wasn't aware it was a bloody kiss, neither of us were bleeding."

"I'm going to leave." Louis laughed, pretending to stand up.

"Sorry! I'm done I promise!" Harry laughed, covering it with a cough.

Louis rolled his eyes and continued eating his waffle. They stayed in the waffle house for at least 2 hours, eating slowly because neither boy could shut up long enough to eat. Finally they left, heading back to the car because Harry decided it would be a great idea for them to turn up at the local bowling alley and try and book a lane. It turned out that there were a few empty alleys, Harry paying for one round.

"Want one of these?" Harry teased, pointing to the ramp kids use when they can't throw the ball themselves.

"Ha ha. You're hilarious Haz." Louis replied, picking up the lightest of all the balls and pretending to throw it at Harry.

"Excuse me sir, that's not what you do with those. If I catch you again I'll have to kick you out for playing around with balls." One of the staff members said as he walked past.

Louis went bright red and so did Harry, for opposite reasons. When he'd passed Harry burst out laughing, slinging an arm round Louis' shoulder and saying "Don't play with balls Lou."

"Oh god, stop." Louis whined, shoving Harrys arm off his shoulder.

Harry continued laughing as he picked up one of the balls and throwing it down the lane, knocking down 9 pins. His arms were raised triumphantly when he turned round to look at Louis.

By Louis' last throw Harry was 9 points ahead, confident in winning. Louis picked up his last ball, knocking down 4 pins the first throw.

"Come on Lou, miss." Harry said from where he was stood behind him.

"Shut up a minute or I'll throw the ball at you."

"You're not allowed."

"Be quiet." Louis hissed.

He threw the ball and watched as it hurtled down the line, knocking down the remaining six pins.

"How?" Harry said, shocked.

"I'm just amazing, that's all." Louis said smugly, strutting past Harry.

"Yeah you wish." Harry replied with a laugh, reaching out to pinch Louis' hips.

Louis squeaked and spun around, stumbling and falling into Harrys arms, much to the older boys delight seeing as he just laughed and held onto him.

"Clumsy." Harry commented, pinching Louis again and letting him free of the sort of hug they were having.

Louis stuck his tongue out, a light blush on his cheeks as he sat down to take off his bowling shoes and pull on his own Vans. Harrys phone rang just as he pulled on his left shoe, struggling to take it out of his pocket at the same time as putting his shoe on.

"Hello? Yes. You're an idiot. The both of you? How are you both so fucking stupid? Alright. Yes, I'll be there soon." Was all Louis got from Harrys' conversation.

"Both of my roommates have left their keys at home and that's resulted them in being locked out. I've got to go home and let them in, you don't mind do you, we can go along and pick the twins up after?" Harry told him, taking the boys bowling shoes and handing them to the man at the desk.

"That's fine." Louis told him, although his stomach was bubbling up with nerves at the prospect of meeting Harrys friends.

"Great! The lads have been dying to meet you!"

"You've told them about me?" Louis squeaked, his heart racing.

"Mhhmm." Harry hummed in reply, resting his right hand on Louis' hip as he guided him out of the door.

There wasn't much convesation in the car, Louis' mind to over taken by nerves to think of things to say. They'd only been driving for about 20 minutes before Harry turned down a road and parked his car, resting his hand on Louis' knee and turning to him "You alright?"

"What? Yeah." Louis replied, distracted.

"Don't lie Lou."

"Okay, I'm crapping myself."

"Why?"

"Cause these guys are like your best friends, that's freaky."

"Lou, I talk about you all the time, they're dying to meet you."

"Why on earth do you talk about me?"

"Because I like you, we're mates you idiot." Harry replied, flicking Louis' fringe.

"Yeah but..."

"Yeah but nothing, I'll even hold your hand you dork."

"Stop." Louis whined, getting out of Harrys car.

"Come on, you were nervous around me and now you can't get away from me." Harry teased, walking next to Louis.

"Yeah but, you're you."

"But I wasn't at first."

"That made no sense Haz."

"Shush, I'm trying to make you feel better."

"It's appreciated." Louis laughed, his mind taken off the topic as they walked past a few houses.

"I don't know if I've told you today but you look exceptionally cute today, I love your glasses." Harry told him, turning to walk up to a house where a blonde boy and a boy with black hair were stood, leaving Louis to follow with a blush forming on his face.

"Harry, that was really uneccessary." Louis huffed, trying to control it even though he could feel his skin heating up.

"Ah but it wasn't, you know how I feel about your blush."

Louis rolled his eyes and kept his mouth shut as a blonde boy walked over to Harry and hit him across the back of the head.

"You were meant to be at home you dick." The blonde boy said, an Irish accent noticable.

"Technically you're both dicks. I had the whole day to do something, you and Z both have your own keys so you should of taken them." Harry told the blonde boy, walking up the front door and unlocking it, no one going inside.

"I thought Zayn had keys!" The blonde boy exclaimed.

"I thought you were gonna be at home! You didn't exactly give much reply when I asked you if you were going out today!" The black haired boy said, Louis guessed he was Zayn.

"That's because it was 7:30." Harry replied, rolling his eyes then catching Louis' eye and winking at him. Louis rolled his eyes in response.

"You're being quite rude Harry, especially seeing as you're not introducing us to your friend." The blonde boy said, taking notice of Louis.

Harry grinned and bounded over to Louis, slinging his arm around Louis' shoulder.

"Niall, Zayn, this is Louis. Louis, this is Niall and Zayn, my idiotic best friends." Harry introduced them, pointing out each boy.

"Louis as in, park boy, babysitting, cute selfie Louis?" Niall asked, looking between the two.

"Yep!" Harry grinned, his eyes twinkling.

"Nice to meet you bloody finally, we were starting to wonder when H would let you meet us." Niall said, smiling widely at Louis who smiled back a little uneasily.

"He's shorter than what I imagined." Zayn said, a smile on his lips.

"I did say he was tiny." Harry laughed, Louis nudging his elbow into Harrys side.

"I'm not actually that short." Louis huffed, pouting at Harry.

"Nah, you're perfect height for me to lean on."

"Shut up, you're perfect height to hit in the ballsack."

"Feisty." Harry laughed, blowing on Louis' fringe.

"Can you stop?" Louis whined, fixing it for the millionth time today and poking Harry in the chest.

Harry laughed and pulled Louis into his side. Niall and Zayn had gone into the house and Harry went in behind them to announce his departure before leaving with Louis.

A/N

Hiya love cakes, you good?

I hope you have a fabulous week and I'll see you Thursday x

**image, look at my little baby omg**

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

127 5 12
Give It A Try 🇨🇮👉
1.5M 10.4K 140
Requests are open :) Preferences written by xLexiGurlx
69.4K 2.5K 51
The sequel to "Do I Wanna Know?" Enjoy!
386K 7.5K 200
@harrystyles started following you. ••••••••• i have no rights to any photos included in this story