The Girl With A Demon Quirk |...

By whiteraven95

[Featured OC for BNHA fanfic. Not romance-oriented. Just an OC hanging out with the Dekusquad while having a... More

Prelude | Character description
01 | A new day
02 | Satan
03 | Icy Hot
04 | The hidden demon
05 | After the villain attack
06 | Gotten used to it
07 | Lucifer
08 | Because you're my friend
09 | You're you
10 | His scar
11 | The mind controller
12 | The son of the Number Two Hero
13 | The tournament begins
14 | Versus Bakugou
15 | Two peas in a pod
16 | His smile
17 | The tank and her mage
18 | Stain
19 | Aftermath
20 | Nothing could go wrong.
21 | Fear
22 | Puberty
AU: Star-crossed lovers
23 | I-Island
24 | Target
25 | Kidnapped
26 | Rescued
27 | A mother's determination
28 | Decision
29 | Pretend
30 | Argument
31 | Striving to be stronger
32 | Bakugou Katsuki
33 | Hero Work-Studies
34 | Nightmares
35 | What needed to be done
36 | Banding together
37 | Haywire
38 | Ice
39 | Consequences Pt. 1
41 | Remedy for her tragedy
42 | U.A. School Festival
43 | Birthday
44 | Of romance and jealousy
45 | What is love?
46 | I want to be......
47 | New and old acquaintances
48 | Joint Training
49 | Dilemma
50 | Heroes Rising Pt. 1
51 | Heroes Rising Pt. 2
52 | Two Faces
Future AU oneshot | More than friends, less than lovers
53 | Vs Hayato
54 | The illusionist
55 | The boss
56 | Christmas
57 | New Year
58 | The Work-Study
Need your help!!
59 | His birthday

40 | Consequences Pt. 2

2.1K 76 54
By whiteraven95

Eria

I stood in front of the locked door of a private hospital ward. The name of its resident was written on the plaque by the door: Takasaki Hana.

A day or two after I left the hospital, my mother woke up and immediately knew what had happened to her family. She was questioned by the police and then proceeded to shut herself in the ward, refusing any visits from anyone. All Might was the only one she allowed to see her.

"Mom, please let me in," I pleaded for the umpteenth time as I stood in front of the door, begging her to let me in. But she refused to answer any of my pleas. It broke my heart.

"I think she needs some time," said Todoroki, who came looking for me a while ago. He was dressed in his school uniform and was preparing to return to the campus.

Todoroki probably knew how I felt right now, since his past was quite similar to my tragedy. "Did your mother refused to see you back then?" I asked gently.

"Yeah... but I didn't want to see her either. Because I don't want to agitate her and make her sad again. Plus... he won't let me visit her. Only my sister visits her," he replied slightly gloomily.

I touched his arm for comfort and he squeezed my hand. We were two peas in a pod, bearing such similar resemblances in our lives that we could find solace in each other.

"Just give her some time. She won't abandon you or your family," he said cajolingly. "Do you want to head back to the campus with me?"

I looked down at my feet. "I don't know. I know my mother needs me right now...... I just feel so useless."

We remained in silence for a few minutes. "How's your heart? You mentioned something was wrong with it earlier?" I asked.

Todoroki's eyes slightly widened a little. His hand instinctively reached to touch his chest where his heart was located. "......It's fine."

I continued to stare at him, hoping to pry out the truth but he immediately looked away.

"Todoroki."

"It's...... just something...... irregular, but nothing serious."

I made him turn around and look at me. "Todoroki."

"It's really fine. It's just faster than usual when......"

"When?"

Todoroki finally dared to stare at me. His beautiful orbs glinted like precious gems. "When I'm with — "

"SHOUTOOOOOOOOO!" An angry bellow resonated in the quiet halls of the hospital. The figure was still so far away from us yet his loud roar was easily audible.

"Shit," Todoroki cursed under his breath, which was a first.

The ground trembled in fear as Endeavour crossed the long hallway in large strides. His eyes burnt angrily like the flames that he always donned on his costume and his face.

Endeavour's murderous glare pierced through my fragile, aching body when he saw me. I gulped. Todoroki, on the other hand, wasn't pleased to see his father here. He immediately stepped forward, acting as shield to protect me from his father.

"Why didn't you tell me that you were hospitalized?! I had to hear it from Fuyumi!" Endeavour roared, though his voice was quieter than his usual boom. A nearby nurse shot him a glare and shushed him.

"I didn't think I need to tell you," Todoroki huffed. "It was just hypothermia. I'm still alive."

Endeavour's face scrunched together as he held in his explosive temper. His brilliant blue eyes turned to me and a shudder ran across my body.

"Is it your fault?" Endeavour asked.

Before I could speak, Todoroki replied him. "It's not her fault. Stop blaming her for everything that's happened to me."

"I told you to make better friends!" Endeavour boomed.

"She is a good friend. She's my best friend. Now if you're done, I need to return to school," Todoroki said, pulling me along but Endeavour halted me.

"You lost control over your quirk, didn't you?"

I gritted my teeth and forced myself to stare back at Endeavour's penetrating glare. I was horrified on the inside but I tried to steel myself.

"Yes," I replied. I didn't want to make excuses for my mistake. It did happen and I didn't want to deny the truth.

"It seems your training isn't enough for you to become a hero," he said. "If you —"

"She was drugged by villains. It's not her fault," Todoroki hissed.

"Yes, it is," I interjected. "If I wasn't so stupid and fall into the villains' trap, then......"

"You don't have to listen to him. Neither of us should," Todoroki said.

"Shouto!"

"Todoroki, it's fine......" I said, but Todoroki's hostility towards his father still lingered in the air.

Abruptly, a door next to us slammed open. My mother emerged from her ward, looking paler than I had ever seen her. Her lavender-coloured hair was tousled, her face seemed to have aged with more prominent wrinkles, and her skin was dull and lack of any colour.

"It's my fault, Todoroki," my mother addressed Endeavour without sparing a look at me. "Do not blame my daughter for my weakness."

"Mom......" I muttered pleadingly, but she didn't look at me.

Endeavour stared back at my mother, yet he didn't seem furious. Instead, it seemed a look of comprehension had dawned over his face, as though there was a mutual understanding between the two adults. I thought I had imagined it, but Endeavour seemed to had become an understanding person when he came face to face with someone similar to him: someone who had hurt their own children.

My heart ached painfully. My mother was blaming herself for hurting her family.

I didn't know if Endeavour actually do feel the same like my mother. I looked at Todoroki, who had kept away his flaring temper against his father, as though he understood what was happening.

A father and a mother — parents from different families, who had hurt their children for entirely different reasons. One of them blamed herself for her weakness and hid herself to atone her mistake while the other was trying to reconcile with his child who kept pushing him away.

"I shall take my leave," Endeavour said, breaking the silence. "Shouto, I'll see you again. Reply my messages." He proudly strode off.

Todoroki clicked his tongue disapprovingly. It made me wonder what would he do if his father tried to atone for his wrongdoings like my mother was doing...... though I disapproved my mother's way of pushing away her family was a brilliant way to atone her mistake.

It was never her fault. I didn't want her to apologise or atone for anything. I just wanted to her to talk to me......

But right after Endeavour left, my mother slammed her door shut and cut herself away from her only daughter once more, leaving me alone to face the horrors of this dreadful reality.

***

I didn't want to be left alone in the cold, sad hospital where my mother refused to see me, so I begged permission from the doctors and I was allowed back to the campus with Todoroki. All Might came to fetch us in the campus' vehicle.

Before I leave, my brother had his neck brace removed and he was ready to go home, but since his guardians — my parents were not well enough to go home yet, he was taken to one of my relatives nearby. My father, on the other hand, promised me he would do his best to persuade my mother to see us.

"I would not let my family go home without the mother," he said, and he kissed my forehead and waved me goodbye, making me promise not to do stupid, reckless things again.

I braced myself to face the onslaught of my classmates as I stepped into the dormitory. The first thing I encountered was a huge hug from Ochako, who nearly made me float into the air with her quirk.

"I'm just glad you're back," she whispered.

I held back my tears as I hugged her back, indulging myself in her warmth. "I'm sorry I lied and dumped you back in the hospital."

"I will murder you myself if you do that again!" she hissed.

I broke away from the hug and found Iida and Midoriya standing nearby.

"Sorry that I tried to kill you, Midoriya," I said.

"Sorry that I kicked you very hard," he replied sheepishly.

I turned to Iida. His leg that was hit by an unknown sniper had been healed by Recovery Girl's kiss. Even though they claimed I saved his life, I still felt guilty for his injury. But he lit up a bright smile, telling me that he wasn't blaming me.

My eyes roved over to the prominent sandy-coloured spiky hair amidst my classmates. Bakugou Katsuki hadn't approached me since the hospital, nor did he curse at me like he usually did. I thought he was going to yell at me but then he turned his back and left without saying anything.

I did want to thank him for trying to rescue me but it seemed he wasn't appreciative. Feeling puzzled by his behaviour, I turned to the rest of the classmates, who probably had heard of the tragedy that had befallen upon my family. Their eyes glinted comprehension and they didn't ask any questions to fulfill their curiosity. Instead, they gathered around me, with gentle and warm smiles on their faces.

"Welcome back, Takasaki," they chorused.

I smiled, tears glinting in my eyes.

"I'm home."

***

Countless pairs of eyes were trained on me as I walked through the school hallways to my class. Students in their tightly knitted groups whispered among themselves incoherently but I soon realised I was the subject of their discussions.

"Did you know? That girl turned berserk because she lost control of her quirk!"

"Oh my god! What happened?"

"She attacked her classmates!"

"I heard someone got hurt!"

"It was Todoroki!"

"No way! Not him! He's so handsome!"

"I heard he was hospitalised for days because of a severe injury."

"Doesn't it make her too dangerous for her to study here?! What if she suddenly attacks everyone else?!"

At first, I didn't mind the students talking about me behind my back, but now, a sudden chill spread down my spine. They were right. What if I lose control over my powers again?

I imagined my hands covered in the blood of my classmates and my legs nearly buckled. But a strong arm held on to me and prevented my fall.

"Eria! I just thought that your quirk is super awesome! You can fly, you can punch stuff, you can resist elements...... you're like Superman! Maybe your hero name should be Supergirl! The whole class of 1-A thinks the same anyway, and we will always support you!" Ochako said, just loud enough to silence the whispers around me. Her warm, calloused hand squeezed mine, telling me that she was there for me as promised.

I smiled weakly, trying not to let the negativity affect me on my first day of resuming school.

"It's not nice talking about people behind their backs!" It was Iida's loud voice, chiding a huddle of students from the other classes.

"I don't like you talking about my best friend like this. Please stop," said Todoroki, with a hint of subtle anger in his tone. His appearance, however, earned little excited shrieks from the girls.

"Guys......" Midoriya was the calmer one, who tried to stop his friends from chiding the other students.

Ochako flashed me a bright smile. "We're here for you," she murmured.

"Thank you," I replied, feeling blessed.

"Fucking idiots talking in the hallway. You're blocking the way!" Bakugou boomed as he stormed past. "MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS, EXTRAS!" His rowdy voice scared a few of the students.

I watched as Bakugou walked past me to the classroom. He briefly shot me a puzzling look, which seemed to be holding mixed feelings that I couldn't comprehend. Without saying anything to me, he entered the classroom.

I heard from Ochako that even Bakugou Katsuki, the walking dictionary of cursing words had been equally worried as my four best friends. I didn't know I was considered his 'friend' to begin with. He had never been the socialising type of person, and his circle of friends was always limited to Kirishima, Kaminari, Sero, and Ashido.......

But he did call me by my name previously... that was a feat. Maybe I did become his 'friend'...... And we shared All Might's secret...... Then why didn't he talk to me since I came back from the hospital?

I mulled over that problem and didn't even hear the bell ring when Todoroki ushered me to my seat.

"Are you okay? Did those people upset you?" He asked.

"No, I was just thinking about Bakugou."

Todoroki slightly scowled. Before he could pursue further, Aizawa-sensei had entered the class.

Classes were normal during the whole day. It was nice to become a normal student for a change, while putting aside all my troubles momentarily. During lunch break, people were still staring at me but my friends kept me safe and well protected. At least, Todoroki's appearance killed the rumour of him getting seriously injured by me.

My mother hadn't strayed into my mind until the school ended for the day. I wanted to visit her again but Aizawa-sensei called for me after class.

My heart was pumping furiously as I wondered what my strict teacher wanted to talk about. He was a shrewd man who might be able to look through my mind with his lazy yet sharp eyes.

"Takasaki, it will be a matter of time when the authorities discover Shie Hassaikai's base and conduct the raid. Until then, are you fit to join us? I am also asking on Fat Gum's behalf," he said, which made me sigh in relief.

Despite the family troubles that plagued my mind, I decided I should carry on my Hero Work-Studies duties in the meantime. I was too tired focusing on my mother and the villains who seemed relentless on destroying me. Plus, Shie Hassaikai might have a certain connection with the masked villains......

"I think I'm well to participate," I said.

"Good. We'll wait for them to contact us. Get ready till then," said Aizawa-sensei.

I nodded, hoping I would not become a burden to the team.

I walked back to the dormitory all by myself after that, ignoring the whispers and murmurs that erupted when I passed by the other students. The cooling autumn breeze blew past, and the setting sun made the temperature dropped hastily. I didn't really like cold weathers and hastened my pace back to the warm embrace of the dormitory.

Through the lit windows, I saw my friends huddled by a table, fervently discussing about an unknown topic. Todoroki was there, with his candy cane-like hair and his soothing presence inviting me to join him.

"Oi."

I stopped. Bakugou was leaning against a pillar next to the dormitory entrance. His red eyes glared like he always did.

"Thanks for your help," I said, deciding I should thank him first before his temper explodes in my face. "I heard from Ochako that you still went through a lot of trouble trying to save me......"

"Shut up," Bakugou hissed menacingly.

I jolted a little, but tried not to let it show on my face.

Oh god am I going to be killed? I gulped as I sensed a murderous aura from Bakugou.

"Just because you think you're fucking strong doesn't mean you can make people worry of you, idiot. I'm not going to save your stupid ass again if you do something stupid again," he hissed angrily. "Don't expect me coming to you like Half-and-Half Bastard."

I stared at him silently.

A cold breeze blew past. Bakugou tucked his hands into his pockets as he grunted. "...... Just don't die, dumbass."

It sounded like a threat, but this was the way Bakugou expresses himself, so I wasn't offended. "Thanks for worrying me," I muttered as I recalled the time when he told me he wouldn't leave me behind during our kidnapping. "I'm glad you tried to save me. It means you acknowledge me as your friend, you know... and I appreciate that. I knew I could count on you......"

"Shut up, Snowy." Bakugou didn't look at me as he walked away.

I was left in confusion. Did he just call me by a nickname again? So I'm downgraded back to the extras he often called nicknames instead of their real names? That's just confusing...... And I thought I finally became his friend.

"Takasaki?" Todoroki called me as he saw me standing by the entrance.

"Oh hey..." I said, pushing aside Bakugou in my mind.

"What did Bakugou want with you?"

"Err...... nothing special, really."

Todoroki frowned. But he didn't pursue further. "Okay..."

I'm probably overthinking stuff again but......did I just sense jealousy from Todoroki?

HOLY SHIT.

Todoroki's phone beeped. He fished it out from his pocket and let out a tiny 'ah' as he looked at the phone.

"What?" I asked.

"I messaged Sakamoto to thank her for informing me your location. She said she was glad she could help."

That little......

"Then she asked if we're friends. You and me. I said we're best friends. And she was glad. Then she asked if she and I could be friends too," Todoroki replied nonchalantly, unaware of the jealousy that bubbled in my chest.

Before a boy and a girl became lovers, they usually began as friends. That was an iron-clad fact that I hated a lot right now. The monster of jealousy within me was awakened, and it wanted to rip Sakamoto Miori into pieces.

But I couldn't tell Todoroki not to be friends with her; it was his choice to make.

"So you said yes?" I asked through gritted teeth, forcing myself to maintain a fake smile.

Todoroki nodded.

I'm gonna kill her first, then I'll kill you.

My heart urged me to ask him if he liked Sakamoto, but I didn't want to remind him how Sakamoto could be likeable with her beauty and gentleness......unlike me who was the complete opposite.

"I think I need some sleep," I said. My mind was burning with exhaustion with my love problems, family troubles and the upcoming raid.

"Are you okay?" Todoroki asked.

I nodded.

I'll definitely be fine if I never experienced puberty or had a crush on Todoroki.

***

It looked like a huge party that was about to happen, with all the heroes, police and rookies gathered at one single spot for one huge raid. Everyone looked equally tensed, especially us rookies who had never joined a huge operation before. It was a life-and-death situation: anyone could get hurt or killed if they were not careful. Even though I had personally been through so many similar situations before, I was still trembling with fear on the inside, hoping my quirk would get me through this obstacle like it always did.

"I'm getting nervous," said Ochako as she stood beside me. She and Tsuyu, along with Hado, were under Ryukyu's supervision.

"Me too," I agreed. Kirishima looked hyped and energetic, while Amajiki was still timid and shy as usual.

On the other hand, Midoriya and Togata were extremely tensed. They were determined to rescue Eri this time and not let her slip away from their fingers.

"We need your quirk to detect the number of gangsters and get a clearer vision of the underground labyrinth," said Fat Gum as he approached me. "You'll be in the front line and I'll protect you, even when your mother......"

My mother was supposed to be joining this raid, but since she was still cutting herself away from the outside world......

Fat Gum touched my shoulder. "Are you okay with this?" he asked.

I nodded.

The entire group of heroes and police headed towards the destination at the designated time. As instructed, I activated my quirk.

But something was wrong.

"Eria?" Fat Gum called me by my hero name. "Is everything alright?"

Not now, not now! Not when they need me the most!

I looked up at Fat Gum, my face blanched without any colour.

"I... I couldn't activate my quirk anymore." 

***

Author's notes:

1. Please don't hate me for making Eria suffer through so much...... 

2. BTW, MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR PEEPS! MAY YOUR YEAR ENDS WITH JOY AND YOUR NEW YEAR BEGINS WITH BLESSINGS :)

3. School Festival Arc is coming soon but instead of a concert, i might write the chapter into a ridiculous school play. Is it okay with you guys though? Feel free to comment!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7M 56.3K 70
In which the reader from our universe gets added to the UA staff chat For reasons the humor will be the same in both dimensions Dark Humor- Read at...
605K 36.8K 101
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
904K 41.4K 175
𝒊𝒏 𝒘𝒉𝒊𝒄𝒉 the boy who lived falls for the girl who had no one
1M 54.4K 35
It's the 2nd season of " My Heaven's Flower " The most thrilling love triangle story in which Mohammad Abdullah ( Jeon Junghoon's ) daughter Mishel...