THE HYBRID

Av Jayniel_ezra

*COMPLETED* *EDITING ON PROCESS* "can you not be so horny for godsakes! I'm your bestfriend... remember?" I... Mer

I.HATE.YOU.SO.MUCH
Hi Neighbour
Luci-O-Hell
Puppy!
Hybrid
NOT an Update. please read..
Food is love
You smell nice
Grace.
Crush.
Welcome to Hell
Nightmare...
Cherry
Silver
AVENGER
First File
Mind Reader
the first Rejection?
Heat ideology
I'm RAY.
Girlfriend?!!
Identity
Icecream
New Book(s)?
Trust and Trap
Mine
Liar Liar
No brainer
"Character Descriptions" not update.
Campfire Confession
Waterworks
Alpha
Dr. Stranger Things
Coincidence or Not?
White Hallways
Missed you.
Touch me
The letter
Forever
Beautiful
Death's Deal.
Eva.
No Strings attached
Traitor for a Friend
Hellway Runway
IMPORTANT NEWS
Mistakes
Chasing Desires
Bitter Love
Russian
Broken Promises
Shopping aisles for Prom
Sucker for you
A call was made.
Showdown
Last Breath
Farewell
The Story Never Ends
NEW BOOKS

Lost paths

1.4K 70 11
Av Jayniel_ezra

Heyyyyyy!!!!! I'm back💜💜💜

Merry Christmas to everyone who's celebrating... and to everyone who's not, I hope yall have an amazing day🥰🎄💃

And 6k???? Omygod thankyou.. I love you so much.

This chapter has a little violence and manic and suicidal thoughts... just to let you know beforehand so yall dont feel uncomfortable.

Happy reading💜

_________________

_________________

Sparks of endless pain laced with numbness and fear struck like bolts of lightning. Zack... knew he had misplaced his roads before.. but for the first time he was entirely lost.

Spiralling deep into the Abyss of losing his mate with Ray's mournful howls echoing in his head... he couldnt see properly... he couldnt feel anything.

He couldnt recall how he even got there.

Was it his dad? Or was it Alpha Reid? Someone came along with him but he couldnt remember.

He felt a bunch of people bump against him, some yelling for not apologising and well some, sympathizing with how horrible he looked. Blood stained shirt and the dried dark liquid on his arms and his face. He didnt care one bit of his appearance, because he wasn't even sure if the blood splattered on him was his own or somebody else's...

His gore self was however stopped when a nurse haulted him.

He heard her ask things but for all he cared, he understood nothing.

Shifting away from her, while she was still talking he walked forth leaving the concerned nurse behind.

He walked into the emergency ward of the hospital, without anyone questioning him anymore as everyone seemed busy with loads of injured people on stretchers appeared.

Walking to the ICU ward aisle he stood there.

Dread piling up in his throat making him feel nauseous. Reality was really slapping him this time and all he could wish was for everything to be a dream.

Just as his presence was noted, a familiar woman stood up.

Face matching to the one he deeply loved but failed to save.

"You!" She snarled, anger flaring in her eyes. "How dare you?"

"Mrs. Stevens please calm down" the nurse said maneuvering her hand infront of Natalie.

"You dare show your face here?!" She snapped at the younger boy and Zack could only gulp behind the sheen sheet of tears in his eyes.

"Natalie.. honey please." Harrison tried to calm his wife down.

Mrs. Stevens treaded closer to the boy she treated like her own. The same boy, she fed, took care of, watched him grow up. The same boy she loved just as immensely as she loved her daughter.

"What are you here for?! WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT?" She screamed at Zack.

"Natalie..." Harrison began, his voice cracking but he was shunned by his wife.

"every night. EVERY NIGHT she cried because of you. Because you kept hurting her. Because you kept degrading her and her moral values!! Giving her hope and taking it away? Playing with her mind and feelings just to make her miserable? Are you that pathetic?!" She hissed "she stopped smiling, she stopped eating food, she stopped conversing... hell she even stopped talking to me because she felt so insignificant!!" She yelled

"did you think I was stupid enough to not notice? I am her mother.. I saw everything and I couldnt do anything because she wanted nothing happening to you!"

"I treated you like my son. I loved you like my own. Is this your reward for me now? Is this your payback?!" She yelled with tears stinging her eyes.

Zack couldnt say anything. He felt like his throat was strangled by a vine of thorns. Tears continuously flowing and his heart tearing open piece by piece realizing Lea's suffering.

"I should have agreed to move out on the same night as Azalea told me she wanted to quit from your shit. But I was stupid... it was my fault that I delayed it for three more days." She said in a low tone, sadness dripping.

"She loved you so much that she was a fool enough to take that fall" Natalie took off from the anger that was surfacing.

"If it wasn't for you... none of this would have happened!" She lashed out again.

"Mrs Stevens. Please calm down... this is a hospital." The nurse tried again but was ignored.

"I want you out of my sight. I want you out of here. I want you out of my house." She snarled and Zack stepped away "I lose my child tonight... and I'll never... ever forgive you. NEVER!" She yelled and Zack shook under the weight of her words.

He wanted to disappear, he wanted to end it all. The words suffocated him too much that it hurt him to see the underlying truth.

The truth.

The same truth he was aware of somewhere in the back of his mind but he suppressed it away because he was a coward to face it.

"I'm sorry" he mumbled without stuttering and took off, from the place.

He felt breathless, his heart barely holding up its walls and his abdomen burning from the clawed wounds that weren't healing as fast as it used to.

He could feel the faint heartbeat in his head but it wasnt the conformation that's enough from helping him lose his sanity.

Dashing out of the doors, the cool air hit him. It was almost morning but still dark as night.

It was true with what he once read.

'Because the dawn right before the sunrise is the darkest.'

It was dark... too dark for his mind and soul to even be intact.

Trudging his way to the lawn garden he simply stood there with his shoulders slumped.

He hadn't cried yet... he shed a few tears infront of Mrs. Stevens... but he couldnt cry anymore.

His heart felt just as hollow as his mind.

Mrs Stevens' words stayed glued to his head. She was right and he couldnt deny anything she had said. He didnt feel angry when she talked over him like an insect because he knew she was right. Her fears were true... and it resonated with his.

Although, Fear was only rational... its consequences were a great price he couldnt afford to pay.

He heard footsteps and familiar scents invade his surrounding.

He turned around to see his friends... or if he was even allowed to call that anymore. Damian and Matthew had worried looks on their faces.

And as for for Adrian and Luciel?

He could see the fury in their eyes.

Luciel's fist collided with his face and he fell to the ground.

"You son of a bitch!" The blond growled.

Zack knew they were pissed and they despised him. Luciel or anybody among his friend's would've never used that phrase knowing Zack valued his mom and he never liked hearing someone swear at him with that one line.

But he knew that at the moment it was a lost cause.  He had lost his mother long time ago... but now he had lost his mother figure and for some reason that hurt him more.

Luciel didnt give shit about Zack's feelings anymore.

He couldnt care less if he was dying because he hated him to the the core.

Luciel rarely rose his fist but this time... this time he couldnt hold back.

He watched as Zack spit to the ground and turn around to look back at him. His nose and lips bleeding together.

"You can do better than that" Zack said smirking with a bloody smile.

Luciel lost his restraints and pulled the hybrid boy up with his collar and landed another punch on him.

Now dont mistake Zack's strength. The rest of the boys, including Luciel who was watching knew Zack could shred him to pieces if he wishes.. but he wasn't following his basic instincts.

Zack caught Luciel's legs and back slammed him to the ground to which Luciel groaned. He quickly shifted his position and landed another sharp punch that would have knocked out any normal person.

"You sly bitch!" Luciel hissed holding onto his collar. His legs trapped Zack from moving around.

Zack simply closed his eyes and breathed, feeling exhausted. The serum that was punctured into him was making him weaker.

Luciel however had no intentions of stopping. He punched Zack with each of his words lacing it carefully with venom.

"You undeserving..." *punch*  "ungrateful..." *punch* "pathetic excuse of existence.. " *punch*

Luciel breathed in harshly looking down at the boy he once called his friend.

Zack opened his eyes to look at the fuming blond and to piss him off even more Zack spit blood on his face.

A smirk slowly crawling up his lips "is that all you got Hales?"

Luciel wiped off the blood off his face and his hand settled on Zack's throat.

"Why? Why did this happen? You were there weren't you? YOU WERE THERE WERENT YOU?!" Luciel yelled out at Zack.

"You're just mad arent you?" Zack muttered with the same smile. He had no idea what he was even saying anymore.

"What?" Luciel questioned with annoyance, his veins popping on his neck.

"You're just mad that... " he paused to cough "that.. she chose me over you. Isnt.. isnt that right?"

Luciel's grip loosened a bit to which Zack smirked victoriously.

"You're just mad... that no matter how much I hurt her.. broke her.. tore her apart... she still came back to me." Zack laughed but he soon gasped for air as Luciel regained his composure and strangled Zack.

"You were her worst mistake" Luciel spit out angrily punching Zack another time.

"But.. she still chose to be with me." Zack muttered, almost manically, his eyes completely hollow. "She's mine." He laughed out into the dark "SHE'S MINE!"

Luciel had it enough and began mercilessly attacking Zack. He jabbed his knee into Zack's stomach and he groaned in pain. New blood patches appearing but Luciel couldnt care for shit.

"Dont you dare say that. Dont you fucking dare" Luciel growled.

"Oh?" Zack spit his blood out on the ground "and you are?"

Luciel stilled on that and glared at the hybrid boy.

"Thats what I thought. I'm her mate... so she belongs to me." Zack smiled through creepily.

"You are far from being a decent human being let alone being her mate" Luciel snapped back.

"Oh... but the mark on her neck says enough. That mark." Zack paused, glaring "means.. she is my property"

"You fucking bitch!" Adrian interfered kicking him in his throat. Zack groaned even more feeling his neck burning and his blood boiling all over.

He stared at the dark sky with stars glimmering and he smiled.

"You cant even imagine how soft her lips feel" He smiled "the way she bites her lips and her cheeks flush. Her sweet cherry vanilla scent invading you. And her soft moans... oh god.. I wasnt even awake, but I see now. Her moans... were everything like I imagined. The way she held onto me.. her eyes piercing and her moans were like heaven. And when I slipped in... she loved it. Her warmness.. oh.. her warmth... my home. She's my home."

"Somebody fucking hold me back or I'm gonna kill him" Adrian hissed in the background.

Luciel was unusually quiet. He stood up from the ground and dusted his pants.

"Where's your home now?" Luciel taunted.

Zack's eyes snapped towards him. "She's safe... yeah. She's safe." He tried smiling, but it only kept faltering.

"No Zack. She's not safe." Luciel said, tears pricking his eyes. It wasnt just because of Lea... it was because of how broken Zack was at the moment. His eyes completely hollow yet with the same emotionless smile.

It took him to realise... but Luciel figured it out that Zack was going insane. He was shutting out the reality to live in the dream where Lea was walking.

"You're lying. She is safe. She is safe. Dont you get it? She- she is safe Luciel. She is safe." Zack grit his teeth.

"She's not. She is on that deathbed, barely alive." Luciel continued trying to stay strong when Zack attacked him from the ground slamming him back to the grass.

"Do not lie to me." His eyes flashed and canines protruding..

"Didnt you witness it yourself? The moment she flung herself out of the window to save you from Grace shooting you? Didnt you see her body? Didnt you see the blood? Didnt you feel the pain?" Luciel began holding his tears back "32 broken bones, punctured lung, internal bleeding, major cuts and other things I cant... I-I cant even name. Almost nearing to flatline on that bed. They are not even sure if she'll ever wake up if she'd have to. What more reasoning do you want?" Luciel asked sincerely, his voice breaking.

Zack's eyes flashed and he rose his fist weakly but Luciel caught it landing another punch.

The fact that Zack was still in his dream, smiling pissed off Luciel and he resorted to beat him back to sanity.

Punch after punch landed but Zack only seemed to laugh harder.

Adrian was horrified with Zack's behaviour. Matthew too, was distressed and Damian was silently crying looking at his friends fighting.

At one point as skies began changing colors and Zack's crazed laughs stilled in his throat replacing with small whimpers and tears.

Luciel stopped and looked at his bloodied face.

His laughs were reduced to cries and then loud wails.

Zack felt his walls crash.

He caused all of this

He would lose his mate because of him.

He would lose everything because he was an ungrateful, undeserving, pathetic excuse of existence.

He looked up at the blond with teary stained eyes "I-I'm.. I'm lost."

"I'm lost without her..." his voice strained into a whisper.

Luciel stood up again and gulped. Without saying another  word he turned on his heels and began walking away.

"Where- where...  a-are you going?" Zack stuttered.

"I'm done with you." Luciel said stopping to look back at him.

"No.. no.. no.. no hurt me. Hurt me more. I caused this. I caused all of this. Everything is my fault. Hurt me. Hit me. Please" Zack pleaded and the boys could only watch with a hitch in their throat.

"We dont have to hurt you anymore, when you know that you, yourself hurt Lea. That she's barely alive cause you decided it that way. That's your punishment. That's your price Zack Ray." Luciel said coldly and turned around letting his tears fall as he walked away from the place.

"No no.. guys.. please.. Adrian. Please.." Zack cried but the said boy muttered a curse and followed Luciel's trail.

"Matthew-" Zack's lips quivered.

Matthew gulped and walked away curling his fingers into a fist.

Zack looked at Damian with teary eyes and watched as the boy came closer to him.

He closed his eyes to feel any sort of pain that was going to hit him but it didnt.

"Lea.." Damian began. His voice raspy from crying.

"Lea... gave you her chance of life. Respect her decision and do not waste it." He gulped and turned on his heels leaving Zack wailing into the grass.

The darkness cleared, the sun rose up and it was a new day, but death had gloomed its shadow over the hospital.

*********

Three months of silence.... deathly silence.

It had been three months since everyone lost the light of their lives. It wasnt easy, pretending everything was okay, but they did. Forced smiles and strained voices, they tried to hide their desperation. And they did.

Hope no longer seemed like the beacon they needed.

Nothing seemed fair anymore but they tried to go on about their lives, they didnt have much choice eitherway. Lea's parents hit rock bottom with their torn hearts.

The boys tried to cheer each other up although they themselves cried on the inside.

And Zack? Zack had it the worst.

He survived the three months with only his dad by his side. Alpha Xavier helped him to stay sane and not go all crazy. The drastic change in his life left him so weak that he couldnt really function properly.

He attended his classes and really worked up to keep his mind distracted. He couldnt waste the chance of life given to him, so he tried making up for it. However, he'd end up back at the hospital in the evening but having no courage to walk in through the doors. He had no courage left to even rest his gaze so he waited out. He didnt miss a single day... he'd simply come, wait out and leave when the midnight fell.

He held on to the faint heartbeat that emitted behind the doors. That faint beat was his last straw of sanity, so he held onto it tightly.

He hadn't seen Lea... not since that night. However, he had overheard Damian talking of how Lea looked. He didnt have enough strength left to open the door and look at how sickly Lea looked. With plasters and pipes jammed into her. He wasnt ready to look at her corpse like body.

He wasnt really ready to face any of it.

Mrs. Stevens eventually came around and apologised for lashing out on him  two weeks later the incident took place. And together they cried... a lot, forgiving and forgetting. But the guilt didnt wash away. Three painful months had passed by and Zack would still blame himself. It only made sense that way, afterall he was responsible for everything that had happened.

Damian and Matthew too started talking to him a little as time passed, trying to help each other... but it only stayed when it was just the three of them.

Adrian, the loving, sweet natured boy who always stuck to him had turned into something nobody expected. He'd  never let the opportunity to make him feel worse slide away. He'd constantly throw mean remarks, insulting Zack over and over again. Bullying was never Adrian's nature... but he'd constantly make Zack feel horrible about the fact that he was even existing. And Zack... he wouldnt fight back how he normally would have and let the other do what he wanted. There wasnt much choice left on his hands when Adrian would pull up the 'you hurt my sister... are you going to kill me as well?'. He wanted to scream and cry saying he wouldnt hurt him... but he couldnt trust himself. There was enough blood on his hands and he couldnt wash it away. It wasnt easy, trying to calm his nerves but Zack understood the underlying reasons on why Adrian behaved that way. Even if he probably had no place to talk about it...  he could understand his reasons. And ofcourse, he believed that he deserved it. That he deserved even more worse than what was going on.

As for Luciel... he had not spoken a word since the fight. Luciel's cold shoulder shunned everybody else in their group. He wouldnt even acknowledge Zack, let alone talk to him. They were clearly instructed to never talk about Zack in his presence. Just like how every single of them had lost their glow, Luciel radiated the darkest energy among them. His demeaning quiet aura had everyone on the edges of their seats. Luciel focused more on working out, trying to remove his anger and frustration.

Nobody in the school would approach Luciel or Zack. Their mere presence in the same room would stir a deathly silence.

Zack quit sitting on their table and sat alone during lunch hours, recieving unwanted pity from other students making him skip lunch in the end.

He didn't regret it though. He spent more time on his and Lea's once secret spot on the campus. Sitting on the bench, completing his work and feeding his self with faint memories of his Cookie hanging around. Her smiles echoed in the wind, her scent still stirred in the grass and by the time the break was over, Zack would have tears down his face. Remembering their last encounter on this place was her returning his bracelet saying she was going to leave and she wanted to start over again in a place where she didnt exist in his life.

Choked sobs would leave his throat and he would cry in the heel of his hands. How he wished, he had held her back that day without being a coward. He wished, he had spoken his heart out instead of suppressing it deeper.

He'd cry away from the eyes that would watch just like everybody did. He'd cry to himself wishing he could end everything.

But no matter how much he'd come close to that decision, in the end he couldnt. He had a father now... a father who loved him way too deeply. He couldnt betray Lea as well... if she wanted him to live in exchange of hers.. he just couldnt give his life away.

No matter how hard living was, he couldnt give up.

Although she never said it in words... he knew in all honesty that she wanted him to live, so he wasnt going to give up.

******

It was in the second week of the fourth month that a faint gasp erupted from the hospital room. Zack shot up to his feet when he saw two doctors and a bunch of nurses shuffle into Lea's room.

He could hear the heartbeats get a little bolder from earlier. He stood there staring at the door, a small smile of relief etching on his lips and tears threatening to fall in his eyes.

Lea's mom,  Damian, Adrian and Matthew who were there too stood up watching in anticipation.

The door opened and a doctor walked out.

"Although... it was hard to hope.. she finally responded. She'll wake up soon." He said with a soft sigh and an assuring smile.

Lea's mom broke into tears and  began thanking the doctor as she followed him to fill in some details.

"Ohmygod... I'm crying again" Damian said chuckling through his tears.

"You cried everyday if I'm not wrong." Adrian teased with a smile, shaking his head.

"I.. I cant help it" Damian sobbed and Matthew maneuvered his face into his chest by holding onto his nape.

"There there... dont cry. Your ugly ass sobs will give all kinds of attacks to the people here" Matthew chided along and Damian weakly hit him with his fist but resorted to crying into his chest.

"Yall are so mean." Damian replied with a muffled voice.

Matthew chuckled and comforted Damian and looked at Adrian, who was looking at Zack's back.

"Zack?" Adrian asked slowly, his lips quivering.

The hybrid boy turned around to face the trio. His cheeks wet and eyes glossy with a faint smile on his lips.

"I... I have to go." He said looking at them.

"You arent... going to stay? You know she'll wake up soon right?" Adrian asked.

" She wouldnt want me there when she wakes up. Besides... I dont deserve to even look at her, after everything I did" he replied looking at the floor, the same small smile on his lips.

Adrian glanced at Matthew and then looked at Zack. "But.. you came here every single day... I think you should see her and then leave." His voice straining, feeling like shit from hurting Zack all the time when he knew that the boy was already going through a hard time.

Zack shook his head in denial "I just wanted to make sure she is fine... and now she is... so I think it's better for me to leave"

"But-"

"Luciel wouldnt want me here as well. I'll simply ruin the joy." Zack exhaled and looked back at Adrian "I'm going to wait out"

Zack glanced at the door where Lea rested behind it and smiled hearing the heartbeat. Pursing his lips togther and head feeling a little lighter he began walking away but stopped when he heard Adrian call out to him.

He turned to look at the boy who gulped with fear and fingers fidgeting on his sides.

"I'm sorry. For treating you like shit... and using you to cope up my anger. I'm... I'm sorry Zack." He said, his eyes crystal clear.

Zack smiled looking at Adrian "you dont have to apologise... for all I know.. I probably deserved more than that... but I forgive you"

Zack gave him an assuring smile and walked out of the aisle, turning around the corner.

He felt his heart get lighter and his mind ease.

Lea was fine.

She'd wake up soon.

She'd finally be alright.

*******

For one drastic memory, there was a lot of noise and someone shushing them letting the silence fall back in.

An absurd memory that too.

Lea opened her eyes slowly to be greeted with a lot of shocked, happy, teary eyes.

"Ohmygod Ohmygod Ohmygod... she's awake she's Awake!!!" Damian screeched and Adrian shushed him.

"Azalea.. honey.." Mrs Stevens said touching her cheek softly.

Lea smiled straining a little "Mom..."

"Guys... hey.." she said looking at the boys.

"Omygod Lea you scared us so much" Adrian said shaking his head.

Lea chuckled "didnt know you could cry..."

"Its not funny okay?" Damian interfered  "we were really scared... the doctors said they couldnt figure out if you'd even wake up or not saying there was just a 30% chance"

"Wow.. how long was I gone?" Lea asked moving her stiff neck.

"You were in a coma..for almost 3 and a half months..." Lea's mom replied.

"3 months??!" Lea almost shrieked.

"Yes... calm down.. honey. You responded last night miraculously... your father will be arriving by this evening. He wanted to be here when you wake up but there was a lot of work piled up" Mrs Stevens assured.

"Its okay mom, I understand..." she smiled.

Their gazes shifted to the door when Luciel walked in. His blond locks in a mess and face tired.

"Lea..." his voice soft "I heard you woke up..."

"Luciel.." she smiled.

The blond came and sat on a stool beside her bed.

"How do you feel?" He asked, his tongue tied but eyes radiating happiness after a long time.

Lea closed her eyes and chuckled "like I jumped off a window"

She opened her eyes, all glossy from her emotions surfacing. The blond leaned in, holding her hand and rested his forehead on her shoulder.

"Gosh I was so scared... I missed you so much.." he said with a muffled voice.

"I missed you too... I missed everyone of you" her voice cracking.

"How come Luciel is the only one getting to hug Lea?" Damian voiced out, teasing and eveyone chuckled amidst the dense atmosphere.

"Aw my babies.. come here." Lea chided and Adrian and Damian piled up over to hug Lea. "Just dont crush me.." she chuckled and the boys simply held onto her arms burying their heads, but careful enough not to put their weight on her.

They all detached themselves when a nurse walked in and told them to get off of Lea. They smiled sheepishly and joked around while the nurse questioned her and took some notes.

Matthew too walked into the room a little later and was ecstatic when he saw Lea awake and Lea swore she'd have fought God if he had taken her away from her family.

When Luciel slipped next to her on the stool they simply smiled at each other.

Although she wanted to question about why a certain someone wasn't present in the room she decided against it.

"Luciel... Grace, she-"

"She didnt make it." Luciel cut her off. "She died on the spot."

"That means.. I.. I.. does that mean.. I kill-" Lea's breaths quickened, panic rising in her eyes resulting the rest of them to shift their attention towards them. Luciel gently held her arm, his warmth flowing into her.

"No. You did not Lea. What happened to her wasnt your fault. You both fell, but you survived because you had nothing to do with anything. She wanted to hurt people... but you saved them. You saved them okay?" Luciel assured but Lea couldnt rest her heart.

Grace had died.

She had killed a person.

No matter how bravely she used to think that she would kill the blonde one day... she didnt want to. She couldnt even contemplate how horrible her thoughts were.

Somebody died because of her.

"Lea... listen to me." Luciel said cupping her cheeks.

"I... I.. didnt want to kill her" she said softly, tears streaming down her face.

"I know..." Luciel said wiping off her tears "but what you did... was because you wanted to save something you valued. You haven't done anything wrong.... You risked your life to save..." Luciel sighed, tilting his head "... the thing is.. you're not a killer, if that's what you're thinking. You... did what was right. You did it to save somebody from being hurt. You did it to save a friend.."

"Zack..." her lips quivered "where... where is he?"

"Waiting. Outside." Matthew answered. "He never missed a single day. He'd come here every single day... and just wait outside the door. He says... he says that he doesnt have enough courage to face you. He tells that he doesnt deserve to see you. That... you wouldn't want him here."

A gloomy cloud settled inside the room. Mrs Stevens looked away, feeling guilty that she was probably the reason why Zack had turned out this way.

Adrian sulked in the corner wanting to disappear thinking he was the cause why Zack would say something like this. Although he had apologised... Adrian knew no apology could ever suffice to the turmoil he had caused.

Damian bit his lips and looked away, sadness hooking around his heart, making him feel that he should have stayed with Zack when he needed their support the most when he was beating himself up.

And Luciel... Luciel felt his conscience eat himself. He knew everyone were suffering with the loss... but he instructed everyone to leave Zack out to let him suffer alone. He knew he played a major role to what Zack had reduced into. He knew shutting him out was the worst, cruellest thing he had ever done. He wanted to apologise for it... but he.. just couldn't.

Lea listened to it and felt her heart pierce. She didnt know what to say. She knew everyone fought through this in their own ways. But to hear how Zack could say something like that.... she couldn't even imagine how broken he was.

She couldnt help but imagine if he felt the same pain she had. She knew they were bonded and he could feel her... it was too hard to imagine that he could feel every spike of her pain.

She had planned to hate him... but her heart still hurts with the thought of Zack being hurt... that nobody was there to comfort him... that he was lost.

Stupid.... stupid wolf. Stupid Zack.

She gulped, blinking away her tears and hiding her true emotions away.

"Hes right." She said "I dont want to see him."

"Now that he knows I'm alive... tell him he can go home." She said shifting her gaze to the door, wondering if he was listening to her "if he really wants to see me here... tell him to come in when I'm asleep so that I dont have to see him." She said coldly.

"I dont have the courage to look at him either. So tell him its mutual and I'd love to keep it that way." She continued when she wanted to say 'I dont have the courage to look at him and know that he is broken because of me' but she didnt.

The boys shuffled around glancing at each other, knowing they had their own guilty cause. One by one they bid Lea goodbye and that they'll be visiting her soon. They quickly walked out of the room, all having the same thought that they wouldnt convey Lea's message to Zack knowing he would fall apart even more.

But they only had a second to witness the ravenette who was seated out with his trembling hand clasped over his mouth. He looked up at them with watery eyes that were pale red from crying for too long.

Without saying another word, the hybrid boy got up from his seat and dashed out from their sights.

____________________

Authors Note:

Oof I wrote this whole chapter listening to songs from Lauv. His music is soooooo good and I love him so much. Never Not is a fine af song.. yall gotta listen.

There's so much crying in this chapter that I can build a dam on it.. goddamned it.

Next chap's gonna be interesting tho... if I may say, a little spicy cause there has been no drama on that side of the boat.

Anyway.....

Lemme know your thoughts on this chapter.

VOTE.COMMENT.SHARE.FAN

Love,
Jaye.

Fortsätt läs

Du kommer också att gilla

93.7K 1.8K 20
Josh and Katie have been best friends since he first moved nextdoor midway through freshman year. They were attached to the hip and acted like they'v...
99.9K 4.3K 79
***Please read my message on November 12, 2019 (if you can) for enlightenment purposes*** "Who are you?" A certain Luna asked. "Tell me, why do I fe...
1.4M 38.7K 24
It is said that only the special humans get werewolf mates. Human mates aren't usually frowned upon in most packs, but as for The Larken Moon pack it...
23.4M 638K 37
CAUTION CONTAINS MATURE CONTENT. "Say it, Allison," he said, his voice low as he trapped me against the rough wall. A shiver ran down my spine, his...