Speechless- B*BARNES

By roguelc25

"Does she talk?" "No. She's been mute since childhood." Gemini Destiny Braddock. A girl with a very unknown... More

Description and Cast
001. Home Sweet Home
002. Help Needed
003. First Night Back
004. Don't Worry
005. Gifts and Visits
006. Family Business
007. Sickness
008. Accidents
009. The Compound
010. Bets
011. Unnoticed Ghost
012. House Rules
013. Feeling Bad
014. Apologies
015. Tic-Tac and Disney Films
016. Welcome Home
017. Anxiety Sucks
018. Cameras and Pictures
019. Crazy Karaoke
020. More Disney and Tears
021. Insomnia
022. Little Get Away
023. The S.S. Stark
024. The D.R
025. Never Have I Ever
026. Wins
027. Welcome
028. Bar Night and Problems
029. Family and Planning
030. Struggling and Just Dance
IMPORTANT A/N
031. Coping and Confessions
032. Help, Plans and Threats
033. Friends and Date
035. Return
036. Memory Lane Home Movies
037. Halloween
038. Mother Figure
039. The Kid
040. Spontaneous Trips
041. Game Night
042. Childhood
043. Over Working
044. Family Surprise
045. Christmas
046. New Years
047. Lazy Day
048. Camping Trip
049. Archery and Campfire Songs
050. San Fran and Secrets
051. Emptiness
052. Starting the Aftermath
053. Dark Day
054. Friendship
055. Promises
056. Back to Work
057. Children
058. News

034. Aftermath, Fears and Comfort

3.9K 111 20
By roguelc25

-----♕-----

THE DATE HAD been only what Gemini could call great. Was it teenage-ish? Yes. Was it a cliche (dinner and movie)? Yes. Did she care about cliches? No. She enjoyed them the most. 

She entered the kitchen quietly in at the start of the afternoon, an oversized hoodie covering her. Her hair covered half of her face as she opened the fridge, grabbing the milk. Picking up the cereal tub from the side, she poured it into the bowl before taking it to the table. She didn't question that no-one was in the kitchen as she sat at the table. For now at least.

Gemini never realised how amazing quiet was until she was sat on her own. She hummed the small tune she had known for decades before someone else suddenly joined in, shortly followed by another.

She looked up to see Taury, Joe and Becky walking in. She waved at them, smirking as Becky ran to give her a hug. "Hi Auntie Gem." She greeted happily. Gemini smiled at the curious glint in her eyes. "Can I see Dixon?" She asked politely.

Gemini looked down at her smiling. "He's in my room. Closest to the kitchen on the left wall." She explained before watching Becky run off to find Gemini's trusted companion.

Joe and Taury sat either side of the girl as she continued to eat her cereal. Gemini didn't really know why the pair of them were here but she didn't particularly question it either. She kew what they were both like.

After a moment of silence, Joe spoke up. "So, how was your date with The Winter Soldier?" He asked, his tone laced in humour. This earned him a sharp glare from the younger woman. He held his hands in surrender. "Joking. No, but seriously, how was it?" 

She smirked at the man's curiosity. "Really fun, he's really nice when you get to know him." She pointed out.

Joe smiled at the girl's expression, one he hadn't seen - fully - for a long time. "He cares about you a lot." He admitted, earning himself a nod.

"I know. Thank you for giving him help with it." Joe looked to the girl confused, trying to play off as though he hadn't the foggiest. "Bucky told me he was worried about what to do and that you and Nate helped."

Taury let out a loud laugh. "He is one whipped bitch." Gemini snorted into her cereal bowl as Joe shook his head, a smile on his features.

"Fuck sake Taury." He despaired, shaking his head as he chuckled. "Fuck sake."

Taury sent him a single finger signal, shutting him up before she looked around. "Where are the rest of the Breakfast Brigade, then?" She asked confused. "It's way too fucking quiet."

Gemini shook her head. "Again with swearing." Earning her a swift 'Fuck off' in reply. "I don't know where they are. I woke up, came in here and no-one was here. Either asleep, training or someone's in a fight and the others are too childish to break it up." She listed the possibilities.

Taury shrugged. "Christ knows. I'm watching something. Got any good movies?"

Gemini raised an eyebrow. "Disney?"

"Any others?" She searched. Gemini rolled her eyes, turning back to Joe.

"Typical, fucking, Taury." She sighed. Joe nodded watching the ordeal of the blonde woman's hunt for entertainment. She finally pulled out a Non-Disney one and held it up to the pair. 

"Screw it, Godfather it is!" She yelled before turning the TV on.

Gemini didn't know how she dealt with the girl sometimes, she certainly didn't know how Theo dealt with her on a daily basis.

She was about to turn her attention back to Joe when something in the window caught it. Immediately, her heart rate quickened at the sight of the figure, her breath becoming shallow as she shot up from her seat trying to get away. 

Joe noticed this quickly, unbeknownst of the figure outside. "Gem, what is it?" He asked confused, quickly growing concerned. "Gem, what's going on?" This caught Taury's attention, pulling it from Godfather.

She, however, noticed the figure in the window and shot up from her seat as she heard a thud to the floor. She quickly motioned to Joe, where he saw Gemini's worst nightmare stood outside.

A person stood still in the window, wearing none other than a clown mask. Gemini's breath became rapidly quick as she felt her airways tighten up, cutting away her oxygen supply. He ears began to ring - like they always did - as she pushed herself away from the patio as much as possible. 

"Gemini?" Taury asked worriedly, but earned no reply. "She's having a panic attack!" She pointed out to Joe before whistling. "Dixon!? Joe, get that a stechen to take that ficken mask off."

Soon, Dixon was by his owner's side, whimpering at the sight of his owner so afraid. He lay himself on her legs, his head as close to her hands as he could get before they moved to stroke him.

"Well done, you bellend. Look what you've done." Joe chastised Pietro as he dragged him inside. "And the rest of you, come and see the damage you've caused!" He was trying to stay calm, knowing Becky was nearby. Slowly, the rest of the group swarmed into the kitchen to the scene: Gemini sat between the barstools, back pushed against the wall in act of escapism, hyperventilating with Dixon laid on her. Taury was trying her hardest to calm Gemini, but to no prevail.

"Joe ring Toni and Nate, now!" She yelled to him, not knowing what to do. Nobody in the room did. Taury had seen this before with Gemini, but still never knew how to help her deal with them.

Luckily for everyone, someone who had helped Gemini walked in. Bucky. He immediately saw the fear in many faces before fully entering and seeing Gemini on the floor. He crouched down in front of her as she panicked.

"Gemini. Gemini, look at me." He signed, knowing she couldn't hear. "Give me your other hand, okay?" She understood, holding out her shaking hand. He placed the palm of her hand on his chest, feeling the heartbeat under it. "Breath in and out with me, okay? Like this. In." He breathed in. "Out, okay? With me." He kept repeating.

A few moments passed, Bucky kept repeating the same process, the others watching in shock. More moments passed as Gemini finally took in a breath of air, slowly starting to steady, Bucky keeping ahold of her hand until her breathing fully steadied out.

"I'm sorry." She apologised to him guiltily. Bucky pulled a face, mixed with shock and sadness.

"Don't be stupid." He whispered, pulling her into a hug, stroking her hair repeatedly. "Don't apologise." He kissed her head, comforting her before helping her up, holding her into his side. She didn't complain.

Becky soon joined the rest of the group, seeing the end of the ordeal before running to Gemini to hug her, thanking Bucky shortly after. "Who scared Aunt Gem with a clown mask?" She asked suddenly.

Pietro looked shocked. "How did you know that?" He asked worried.

"She only has those panic attacks when she sees her worst fears: clowns, dolls, spiders. I can continue. So, who scared her?" She questioned them all.

Pietro looked down in shame. "I didn't know that would happen." Bucky burned a look of fury into the young man as he owned up to his mistake.

However, he definitely wasn't the most angry. Taury immediately started making her way towards Pietro. "I hope Tony warned you what happens if you upset her, because you're about to fucking see!" She yelled. 

"Joe, grab Taury." Bucky warned him. He nodded as Taury lunged at Pietro. Joe picked her up, pulling her as far as he could with her struggling.

"Lass mich gehen. Ich werde ihn verdammt noch mal töten!" She growled in German. Becky hid into Bucky's side. "Joe, lass mich gehen!" 

"Nein." He replied, the small amount he had learned, showing. " Das wird nicht passieren."

Suddenly, Nate, Toni and Theo ran into the house Tony following after them. Theo saw Joe struggling to hold Taury away from Pietro before helping him. She kept shouting in German as Theo tried to calm her down.

"What the hell happened?" Tony asked, completely baffled.

"Pietro scared Auntie Gem with a clown mask and she had a panic attack." Becky replied. Tony also ended up glaring at the man, calling him an idiot.

Gemini thanked Bucky again before pulling away. She began to walk back to her room, only to be stopped by her siblings, asking if she was okay. She nodded. "I just want to go lie down." Nate nodded, kissing the top of her head as she walked away.

Bucky watched as she disappeared. "Is she gonna be alright?" He asked Nate, concerned for her.

He shrugged. "She'll be fine Bucky, she just wants some rest for a bit." Bucky nodded before walking away himself, needing to get away from the noise for a while.

"Now that they're gone. Is someone gonna tell me what the fuck did this prick do to my little sister?" Nate asked, his calmness shifting in milliseconds.

Gemini lay down on her bed, facing the ceiling when she heard a knock on the door. It opened revealing Bucky. "I just wanted to make sure you were okay. I'll leave you alone if you want."

Gemini shook her head. "Stay. Please." Her look held a mixture of emotions Bucky couldn't clearly read as he joined her, closing the door behind him. He sat himself at the end of her bed before she moved along, closer to the wall.

Bucky lay himself next to her, wrapping his arm around her shoulders and pulling her into his chest. "Get some rest Gem." He whispered into her hair.

Gem looked up at him. "Only if you try to get some too." He looked confused. "I know you're still not sleeping much." She pointed out.

He gave in quickly, not wanting to argue with her. "Okay, I'll try."

|/\|/\|/\|

A long while passed, much of it was spent with Taury trying to kill Pietro still until Theo finally managed to calm his younger sister down.

Before Gemini's family left, Joe and Becky went to check on her. Joe opened the door slightly, poking his head in - Becky too - before smirking to his daughter at the sight of the couple asleep, Bucky's arms protectively wrapped around Gemini's much smaller frame.

Joe was glad that Gemini had found someone that treated her like this. Like she meant something. He knew she deserved it after seeing what she'd been through. He loved that girl more than anything, the little sister he never had. And he hated ever seeing his little sister, hurt.

He was happy someone (other than family) gave a shit about how she felt.

-----♔-----

I hope you enjoy this chapter

We got some protective friendship up in here

We got some love shared between Joe and Gemini

And we got some protection shown by Bucky

Also, Translations:

Stechen - Prick (German)

Ficken - Fucking (German)

Lass mich gehen. Ich werde ihn verdammt noch mal töten - Let me go. I'm going to fucking kill him (German)

Das wird nicht passieren - Not going to happen (German)

Basically, a very pissed off Taury

The next chapter will be out soon

Kayla Lou xxx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

398K 14.2K 131
Y/N is an analyst, and one of the best. Tony recruited her a year ago to the Avengers Compound, where she lives in the staffing building. She quickly...
2K 41 12
You're Tony Starks daughter that he didn't know about. You get into a fight and are sent to live with him, you know very little about him, and he kno...
19K 519 40
She was the gem of SHIELD, the one that everyone knew of, but no one had seen or met, except Nick Fury. She was talked about by everyone, all hoping...
1.4M 47.2K 62
When we first kissed it set my body on fire and I knew we had a connection. From the first moment you stopped me from walking out of SHIELD I knew yo...