Tormented Mistress ( Book One...

By xbrokendreamsx

[Lesbian / GirlxGirl] When Amber is taken from her family, her heart is destroyed. Her mother disappeared whe... More

Tormented Mistress
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Author's Note

Chapter 38

27.1K 576 52
By xbrokendreamsx

By the time Friday rolled around, Amber was exhausted. She didn't care if she hadn't been attending this school even a week yet; it was much more challenging than her old one. She already had a paper assigned for the soon-to-come weekend, as well as piles of homework each afternoon she returned home.

She was currently enjoying herself to a bowl of cereal for breakfast. She had learned from the first day she needed to eat more in the mornings, and so she carried that plan out.

She whipped her head to the side when she heard a tap against the wall of the kitchen. The swinging door was being held open by Joel, who rested against the door frame.

Amber gave him a warm smile. "Hey, Joel."

"Hello, Amber!" He beamed loudly, seeming too excited and awake for someone this early in the morning. Although, he was a vampire. Amber might understand what it was like to never feel tired if she were a real and full vampire, but she was not, so therefore, she cringed at Joel's loud voice.

He almost looked terribly worried at Amber's reaction. "Sorry, I'm still not used to having to keep a lower voice in the mornings. One, because I never see you in the mornings," he said in a quieter tone as he pulled a chair out to join Amber at the grey table.

Amber chuckled and patted his back, feeling slightly bad for causing him to feel so guilty.

"Well, you almost done there, squirt?" Joel questioned, as he glanced at her half-eaten cereal.

Amber arched an eyebrow at him. "Almost. Why?"

Joel cleared his throat as he fiddled with his colar on the green polo he wore. "Because Sir Joel is taking Miss Amber to school today."

Amber broke out into a giggle at the way he spoke, knowing he was attempting to sound proper. She wondered what sparked something inside him to make him wish to speak in proper third person sentences, since he did it all the time to Amber.

After laughing, she questioned him in the same tone. "And that would be a wonderful pleasure, Me Lord, but may Miss Amber question his doings?"

She could tell Joel was holding back a laugh just as she was.

"Oh, yes, of course she may know. Miss Luna is quite ill and is unable to drive. Sir Joel hopes this won't be too much of an inconvenience for his lady."

Amber hesitated as she wondered if he was being serious or not. In the meantime, Joel arched one eyebrow waiting for her obnoxious response and sitting with his back straight against the chair.

Amber prayed he was being serious as she came up with her response. Just one day without Luna was like a blessing for Amber.

"Ah, ah. No, no, that is just fine, it happens to everyone. I'm sure Miss Amber would be just delighted to have a break from her horrid mistress to spend the drive with her lovely Sir Joel."

Now was the time Joel decided to let his laughter free. In seeing him laugh, Amber did too. Nervously, though. Every time she talked negatively about Luna, the woman seemed to show up staring needles into Amber's back.

After a quick glance around, and a large hesitation filled with laughter and waiting for Luna to show up, Amber was relieved to find she was no where to be seen.

Joel stood and proceeded to hop over to Amber and pull her chair out for her. "Miss Amber must take a glance at the time, for it is now time for her to be heading off. Sir Joel apologizes for her being unable to finish her meal, but she musn't be late, especially during the first week. He hopes she will understand."

This made Amber want to laugh and whine at the same time. She knew her stomach would be hating her again today, but Joel was right, they needed to hurry if she wanted to get there on time.

"Okay, okay, Miss Amber understands, no worries," she spoke dramatically as she stood from the chair and watched Joel push it in after her.

"Thank you, My Lady! This a'way," he told her as he motioned for the kitchen door.

The two of them were close to tears from laughing so hard as they walked through the main room to the front door. Just as they were about to exit, Amber spotted Eva approaching them from her left.

She quickly turned to face her and smiled. "Eva!" She missed the girl like crazy. They never really got the chance to speak since school had started, and Amber missed their talks. Sure, they waved whenever they spotted the other, but there was little actual communication that they shared and Amber wondered if the lack of talk had anything to do with the Fourth of July Dance.

"Hi, Amber," Eva said as she mirrored Amber's smile and stopped before her. The smile only lasted for an instant as Eva leaned around Amber to peek at Joel who stood behind Amber. "Um, sir?"

Joel snapped his head up from whatever he was looking at on the ground and stepped around Amber so he, too, was facing Eva. "Yes, Eva dear?"

"When will you be back? I know you're driving Amber to school, but someone is awaiting your call."

Joel appeared puzzled before his face finally proved he was on the same page as Eva. "Man, is it that damn service dude again?"

Eva only nodded, and Amber admired the way her eyes twinkled against the sunlight booming through the large windows that surrounded them.

Joel let out a groan of annoyance. "Alright, I'll call him back once I return. Tell him that," he instructed before turning and making his way to the front door.

Eva flashed Amber another sweet smile before running off in the direction she had came.

Once in the car, Amber thought of a question she intended to ask Joel once she had spotted Eva. She also pondered on whether she should mention her loss at what state they were in.

As she opened her mouth to speak, she only inhaled a chunk full of air as Joel slammed on the gas peddle, causing the red car to bolt out of the driveway at an intense speed.

Amber sharply turned her head to face Joel as she gripped the sides of the car for the sake of her dear life.

She was shocked to see that he was acting normal. He was even humming to the tune playing on the radio as he continued traveling at the insanely fast speed.

By the time they had reached the main road, he had not once glanced to Amber as he drove faster than the wind itself.

They reached a stoplight, and once it had turned red, Joel waited until he reached the very edge of the road markings to slam on his breaks, causing Amber to fly forward in her seat, thankful she was wearing a seat belt.

After finally plopping back down, she glared at Joel who only blinked at her.

"What is wrong with you?!" She yelled sharply at him for the first time.

"Huh?" He asked, seeming completely puzzled before the light turned green again, signaling for Joel to slam on the gas.

Amber flew up out of the seat once more and once regaining conscious, leaned over to Joel's side and took a glance behind the steering wheel to find out how fast he was going.

"Sixty-seven miles per hour, Joel?! The speed limit is thirty!" She shouted at him as she returned back to her seat and clutched onto the side of the car once more in pure horror.

Joel only laughed. "Calm down, Amber. We're fine!"

"What if a police officer-" Amber's sentence was chopped off as she let out a squeal instead.

Joel made a sharp turn and Amber's ears filled with other car horns blaring at the two of them.

"You need to relax, baby-cakes," Joel said sweetly as he tapped his fingers against the steering wheel along with the beat of the radio music.

Amber stared at him in disbelief and almost broke out into song herself as her new school finally came into view.

Joel swung around cars as he finally parked his own.

"Oh my god! You could have gotten us killed!" Amber screamed at him, now furious he would risk both their lives in such a dangerous way.

"You can only kill a vampire by stabbing them in the heart," Joel told her with a large grin.

Amber held back the urge to punch him right in the nose, but somehow resisted the temptation.

She was still curious to know her question about Eva, but it would have to wait. She needed to get out of this car before she shouted at her friend once more. He had infuriated her to no end, and by the fact that he did not even think anything of it, only frosted her even more.

"You know you're suppose to pull up to the drive-thru," she snapped at him as she unbuckled.

"Oh," Joel cooed as he leaned over to take a glance at the line dropping the other students off.

Amber simply scoffed and yanked open the car door. She hiked her backpack over her shoulder before slamming the door back shut.

Amber then abruptly stomped off to the front of the school, still not knowing how she got there alive.

"Well goodbye to you too!" Joel's voice yelled after her, surprisingly not including the least bit of sarcasm.

Amber whirled her head back to see that he had rolled down the window to yell and wave after her.

She only huffed before turning the corner and disappearing from his sight.

**************************

"And the British decided to start-"

Mr. Doomstem's lecture was cut off due to the sound of the bell.

Amber sighed in relief as she gathered her things off of her desk to head to lunch. The entire history lesson had been about the English, forcing her and Joel's obnoxious discussions to fill her mind. She was so furious with him, and he was the last thing she wanted to think about. She had attempted to push the thoughts away and worry at the end of the day about who was picking her up, but Mr. Doomstem had destroyed that plan of hers.

Amber had come to memorize the location of the cafeteria, and was now able to lead herself there. She went through the lunch line as she had done all week and returned to her usual lonely table.

She was not lonely for too long, today though. She was enjoying her spaghetti as a girl came up to her side.

Amber dropped the fork from her mouth as she trailed her eyes up the girl's torso which stood before her up to her face.

She, of course, wore the same thing that Amber wore, and was average size. Her face was small which matched her small breasts that sat on her chest. Her hair was a dark brown, although it was definitely a darker shade than Amber's. Her bangs surrounded her face as the rest of her noticeably short hair was pulled into two small ponytails. Her smokey eye makeup surrounded her eyes which were an unusual yellow and Amber could not decide if they were pretty or just plain weird. Her lips which sat in a small smile, wore two black piercings; snakebites if you will.

The girl stood there quietly as she clutched onto her books, and Amber swore her lips were shaking slightly, making them seem to be too weak to hold the piercings.

"Um...hi," Amber spoke up once realizing the girl was not going to.

"Hey, I'm Lucinda, but I go by Lucy," she told her with a voice similar to that of a small child's.

Amber wondered what her purpose was for approaching Amber as she introduced her own self. "I'm Amber."

"Cool beans. I'm, uh...kinda new here," Lucy said with a shy and awkward shrug.

Amber stared up at the girl and felt a smile creep along her lips. Finally, someone else like her.

"Yah know, that's great to hear."

Lucy tilted her head as her hair stuck stiff with her movements. "It is?"

Amber let out a soft laugh. "Yes, I'm new here too. I don't know anyone."

She watched as the girl grinned widely. "Same here."

Amber knew she was more of the shy type, and she was shocked at the fact the girl had grown the confidence to approach her like she had.

"Great. You can sit if you'd like," Amber welcomed her, knowing she would need to take a stand in seeing this girl had done all she could despite her obvious shyness.

Lucy quickly set her books on the table, but did not take a seat. "Yeah, sure. But mind if I grab something to eat first?"

"No, go on ahead," Amber said with a nod.

Lucy smiled awkwardly and hesitated before running off.

Amber turned halfway to watch her head into the lunch line before turning back to her food which awaited her.

She could not help but smile to herself as she took a bite of the noodles. It felt much better to not be completely alone in a school packed with vampires.

 *************************

Dunno if anyone is noticing how the size of the chapters is increasing, but I feel the chapters do need to be longer.~

Enjoy. ^^

******************************

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

314K 3.8K 41
A story about a lonely seventeen year old girl, who looses her mother and lives alone taking care of herself. One fateful night she's captured by a p...
208 287 24
Amber a ordinary girl who is in her early twenties with a great life gets kidnapped by a vampire named Cory who is apparently going to bring her to h...
409 63 22
Amber Lavinga is torn away from reality when her strange power reveals a dark secret. Now, she struggles to keep that secret as she learns the meanin...
40.2K 3.1K 42
When Sorah's aunt is taken by a strange and powerful enemy, she finds herself in complete despair. She has no one left. Her mother, her aunt, anyone...