Paper Parachute | Celebrity R...

By SavSOS_

*editing* Blake Everett, the frontman of Platinum selling pop-rock band Paper Parachute, is headed straight f... More

Part 1. 1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26
27.
28.
30.
31.
32.
33.
34.
35.
36.
37.
38.
39.
40.
41.
42.
43.
44.
Part 2 . 1.
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22.
23
24
Epilogue

29.

12.5K 248 117
By SavSOS_

"I can't believe tour ends in a week." Blair huffed as she took a seat in one of the thousands that filled the arena.

Blake sat down beside her throwing his arm across the back of her seat as she leaned into him.

"It always seems to take forever to get here and to go by so quickly."

"I think it'll be good to be back in LA for a while. I miss it. I miss Deno and my favorite coffee shop, our diner, my bed, just being able to not have every minute of every day scheduled, all of it." She admitted as she let her eyes wander around the venue that would soon be filled with thousands of screaming fans.

"You know you'll still be busy when we get back, right? Full length albums don't write themselves and I'm sure Tidal will want you to do at least one music video. The way your EP has been doing they're sure to want to take advantage of the moment."

Blair nodded but stayed quiet. She didn't want to think about the work that was surely waiting for her when they arrived. She was ecstatic to be home but she dreaded what it would mean for she and Blake.

"Penny for your thoughts?" Blake asked, cocking his head to look at her.

"I just, I don't know what the future will hold for us." She said softly.

"No one does." He said back quickly, not in the head space to deal with that particular conversation.

"Yeah, but most people don't have to deal with two completely insane schedules. You guys tour ten months out of the year. Even if I tour half that, we're never gonna have time to see each other. I just—I don't know what we're gonna do, Blake."

"Hey, hey—" he said lifting her chin. "Do you love me?" His eyes searched hers.

"More than anything." She said, honestly.

"Then we'll figure it out, B. I love you."

She nodded and positioned herself closer into his chest, hoping with all her heart that he was right.

The last week seemed to fly by. Blair often found herself wishing that she knew some way to stop time, or to at least make it slow down. Before she had a chance to come to terms with the ending of her incredible adventure, the last show had crept up on her.

She prepped herself for sound check as her mind drifted back to the events of the last nearly three months. Even if she got back to Tidal and they decided to cut her, even if she never got to make a full length record, even if she never got to tour again, she had lived out her dreams the past few months and it was all thanks to Blake.

"Check, check 1-2." She repeated into the microphone for the sound technician as she searched the arena until her eyes fell upon Blake. He was seated in a row about halfway up, busy on his phone, but still showing his support by simply being there.

She finished her sound check and headed off stage, Blake having moved to the stage stairs to greet her following her rehearsal.

"Last one!" He said with excitement as he threw his arm around her, walking back towards her green room.

"Has Alex talked to you guys anymore about the band's schedule for the rest of the year?" She asked, trying desperately to keep her voice even.

"A little, he said for sure we'll be in LA until June, so that's almost three months until we really have to figure things out, at least on the Paper Parachute side of things. Have you heard from him?" Alex Newman, Paper Parachute's manager had taken on managerial duties for Blair as well.

"Just that Tidal is pleased with the EP numbers. They want to have me do some press, starting with this interview today and put out a music video, maybe a single or two to test out the longevity before they commit to signing me for a full length album."

"I have complete faith in you. What time are you leaving for the interview?"

"In like an hour, that's why my soundcheck was so early today."

"I'm sure Alex prepped you, but do you want any last minute interview tips?"

"From you? Mr. Interview extraordinaire?" Blair asked with her face contorting to a look of confusion.

"Okay, that's fair. I could teach you how to avoid questions though, or how to royally piss Alex off with the answers you give." He laughed.

"I think I better tread lightly, bub, but thank you." She leaned into him farther as they reached her dressing room, pressing a kiss to his cheek. "I better find Brooke and let her get to work. I'll see you tonight when I come off stage if not before then. I love you." He bent down slightly, joining his lips to hers, savoring the flavor that was inherently her before departing for his own dressing room.

"Hello, Blair. It's so nice to meet you!" The interviewer greeted as Blair walked into the radio station's lobby.

"Hi! It's so great to be here, thank you for having me. I'm so sorry they haven't given me your name."

"I'm Kayla and on air I go by DJ K." The woman replied. She was young, in her late twenties if Blair had to guess with long dark brown hair and emerald eyes. Kayla smiled warmly at her and Blair instantly felt more at ease. She could do this.

"Do you have any questions before we head in and get started?"

"Um, is this live?" Blair asked.

"No, it's prerecorded and we can cut anything you don't want aired. We know this is your first interview and we hoped that would help you feel more comfortable." Blair nodded and followed Kayla into the booth.

She was given headphones and waited patiently as Kayla, or DJ K, finished her intro before turning to Blair.

"Blair, Welcome! We're so happy to have you here. We've really been enjoying your single and the EP!"

"Thank you so much! That's so sweet!"

"So Blair, you're in Toronto because tonight you have your final show on the, "Someone You Loved" tour with Paper Parachute, how has that been?"

"It's been unbelievable really. Six months ago I was a literal no one, doing open mic nights at the diner I worked in and now, its been like a literal dream come true."

"What's been the best part?"

"Just getting to perform every night, especially deeper into the tour. looking out into the crowd and seeing people singing the songs I wrote back to me. It's unreal."

"Snagging yourself one of the most desirable men in music right now can't have been a let down either."

Blair laughed nervously. "Getting to spend so much time with Blake has definitely been a bonus."

"Apart from a few photos the two of you have shared on your social media's, adorable photos might I add, there really hasn't been much shared about your relationship. Some people have speculated it was for clout to help your EP. Then there was the whole thing with his ex. Anything you want to clear up while you have everyone's attention?"

"First and foremost, Blake and I's relationship is genuine, it was built upon the foundation of a strong friendship we created before the tour. Blake's just, he's an incredible person that doesn't get near enough credit for the amazing things he does for people."

"Like what?"

"Well, like, the first night I knew him, someone drugged my drink. He took me home, put me to bed, and took care of me until I was feeling better. Then, his family, they have strong ties to the military and they've seen first hand the impacts that war can have on a veteran's psyche. No one, at least that I know of, has ever acknowledged it, but he gives like half his cut from every tour to organizations like the Wounded Warrior Project and others that help veterans, that return home, adjust to society." Blair didn't know if this was really information she should be sharing, but he really did deserve some good press for once.

"I didn't know that."

"I mean he does so much charity work and he doesn't ever talk about it and no ones asks him and he's so humble about it but I don't know I just think everyone deserves to know how much good he does since all the press seem to ever want to do is focus on his past and his mistakes."

"So, the stuff with Ashley? Anything to comment about that?"

"I think Blake's already put a statement out there that cleared everything up."

"Some people thought he might have been covering for himself. You don't think that?"

"No. I trust him. If I didn't, we wouldn't be in a relationship. I was hurt at first, because things did look bad, but we talked through everything and it was just a big misunderstanding."

"So what's next for you, Blair?"

"Just excited to head home, get some time off to just sleep and recover from tour. No one tells you how absolutely grueling it really is. I mean, it has been a million percent worth it but, ya girl is tired."

"So, after you get some rest?"

"Then it's going to hopefully be back to work to film these music videos and record a full length album."

"Well we will certainly be looking forward to it! I know your time is short and you have to get back to get ready for your show. Good luck tonight and congrats on your first tour!"

"Thank you so much!"

"If you haven't already make sure to pick up a copy of Blair's debut EP "Dark Blue" available in a store near you and on all your favorite streaming services!"

The show seemed to pass in the blink of an eye. Walk on stage. Sing. Talk. Sing.

The crowd was a blur, a cacophony of voices all lumped together but forming into one beautiful sound that made her feel whole. Long gone was the Blair from the first show of this tour, the Blair who shook where she stood and had trouble finding her voice. Blair now stood confidently in her spotlight, basking in its glow. Her confidence and belief in herself had grown exponentially as she made herself feel at home on stage.

She breathed heavily as she sang the last notes of 'Dark Blue' trying to absorb every ounce of this feeling and store it away in her heart. She took her bow and ran off stage, warm, strong arms grasping her and pulling her against tense muscles that were cloaked in the woodsy scent that was Blake.

"I'm so proud of you, B. You've come so far and I'm so glad I got to watch it."

"We've still got our duet. One last time."

"It's only the last time for this tour, babe." He said squeezing her into his side to kiss her forehead. "I'll see you out there, I love you."

Blair waved after him as he headed to find the other boys and perform their pre-show rituals while she set off to find Brooke for a touch up. She spotted the brunette in the hall ahead of her and waved.

"Hey, Alex is here. He's looking for you, something about a package."

"Oh, that's weird. I need you to fix my makeup, I'll see him after the duet." She responded, sliding into Brooke's chair.

Brooke finished quickly and Blair was able to make it back to side stage in time to catch most of Paper Parachute's set. She felt the butterflies begin in her stomach and Blake began his speech before the duet.

"So, a few months ago the most gorgeous woman I'd ever seen showed me a song she'd written that needed some work and asked me to help her. It was a song about overcoming your demons, something I myself had been wrestling with. She came out on tour with us and for the past two and a half months I've been lucky enough to get to sing with her every night on what may be my favorite song. So I ask that you please give a warm welcome to Miss Blair Andrews!"

Blair appeared on stage, waving as she ran straight towards Blake. She crashed into him as he engulfed her in a hug and they sang their duet for the final time.

She waved a teary goodbye to the crowd as the song concluded, hoping this wasn't the last time she got to sing to a crowd like this.

She stayed side stage to watch the rest of the band's performance, cheering madly for them when they concluded their encore.

Blake made a beeline for her as he exited the stage. He kissed her long and slow until a light cough behind them broke them apart.

"Blair, I need to speak with you for a moment." Alex said, appearing behind her and gesturing over his shoulder. She followed closely behind him, never separating her hand from Blake's, just pulling him along behind her.

"Brooke said you had a package for me or something?" Blair asked, a puzzled expression upon her face.

"Sort of. Blair, it's- um- it's your parents. Blair, you've been served."

"What?" She asked with a quirked eyebrow, turning slightly to put Blake in her view. His face set in a look that was somewhere between anger and disbelief.

"Blair, your parents are suing you."

AN: So this chapter took waaaaaayyyyyy longer to write than it should have. My days have just been so busy and I am so ready to be done grading exams and to be on break. Only two more days! Hoping to find lots of time to write but it will be holidays and I am moving so please bear with me on all of my stories through the new year!

SO

What did you think about their last show?

Their plan to just go with the flow after tour?

Blair's interview?

Blair's parents?

Why do you think they're suing?

Vote and Comment!

ILY!

Sav

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

315K 11.5K 102
Completed - HAS NOT BEEN EDITED YET 24-year-old Avril Lexington believes nothing can make her happy despite living a grand, perfect life. But when s...
293K 16.9K 32
My name is Abby Blair. I write erotic romance. I don't practise what I preach, though. With a string of failed relationships behind me, my books are...
37.2K 2.6K 20
"I've never fallen in love right off the bat. I get scared to say I love you too soon because it means so much. It means you're not seeing an end to...
1.1K 25 11
I am Blair and I have paraplegia. I've had it since I was 20 because of a car accident. My mother and father died in that mishap. I wished I died, to...