Paper Parachute | Celebrity R...

By SavSOS_

*editing* Blake Everett, the frontman of Platinum selling pop-rock band Paper Parachute, is headed straight f... More

Part 1. 1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26
27.
29.
30.
31.
32.
33.
34.
35.
36.
37.
38.
39.
40.
41.
42.
43.
44.
Part 2 . 1.
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22.
23
24
Epilogue

28.

12.7K 261 35
By SavSOS_

Liked by brookiecookie, BlairA and 163,789 others
BlakePP: my account is basically just a Blair fan page now but I mean...look at her 🤤
DexPP: Fav couple
DenosDiner: Be good to our girl!

"Thank you for this." Blake murmured quietly into Blair's ear, dragging his fingers along her forearm. 

They were sat on the couch in the front of their tour bus, Blair's back leaned against Blake's chest as he held her close. Blake's band mates were either asleep or in the back lounge playing video games. 

She quirked her eyebrow, "For what?"

"Just for, just allowing me to explain myself and then believing me."

"Blake-"

"No, it's just, it's not something I'm accustomed to. With my history and everything everyone is so quick to just assume the worst with no proof and without giving me a chance to defend myself. You always see the best in me Blair, even when I don't see the good in myself. So thank you."

"The person you used to be, the one in all those stories. I don't know him. My Blake is kind, and honest, and unbelievably romantic when he wants to be. I choose to believe those things because they are my truth, and I will keep believing until you give me reason not to." He leaned his head forward pressing another kiss to the side of her face, reflecting silently.

"I can't believe we'll be back in LA tonight." Blair added after a silent moment had passed.

"Yeah, I know. I'm excited. It's gonna be weird though, Mom and Scotty are coming, seems strange that Cash won't be there."

"Has your mom heard from him since he deployed?"

"No, none of us have but that's not uncommon. We go weeks without anything sometimes. We should start getting letters here in the next week or two, they take forever but they usually are more consistent than phone calls. At least that's how it always was with Dad." He said solemnly.

"Well hopefully you guys get a letter soon then!" Blair offered, trying to lift his mood. 

"I hope so. I'm so proud of Cash but it always made nervous when Dad was gone and I'm feeling even more so now that it's my baby brother. I know he just wants to feel like he's made Dad proud but I saw what it did to my Father and I just don't know if I could bear to see Cash go through that."

"You're a good big brother, you know that?" She asked him, turning in his arms to lay her head on his chest.

"I haven't been the past few years. It's hard to do much of anything for them when I'm always on the road but I try to stay in contact with them as much as I can. Scotty's practically a hermit now. He's in his second year of med-school and studying for Step 1 so even when I get him on the phone or for a video chat he won't talk long." 

"What type of medicine does he want to practice?" She pressed

"He hasn't done rotations or anything yet but he's interested in trauma and psych. I think that has to do with Dad as well. It's kind of heartbreaking how much they seem to be looking for some kind of link to him." He said softly his eyes focused on the cabinets on the kitchenette across from him.

"You don't think you are?"

"I don't know. He was my best friend. I've accepted I'm never going to be anywhere near the man he was."

"I never got to meet him but from what you've told me about him, I'd say you're more alike than you seem to think."

"Yeah?"

"Well, you said he was fiercely protective and I see that in you every day when you're always so worried that fan comments when we walk into stadiums will bother me or the way you reacted when Cash got deployed. He was a family man, and you love your momma and brothers more than anyone else I know. I bet he'd be really, really proud of all the changes you've made in your life in the past six months. I know I am."

"Thanks, babe." Blake said quietly.

"Come on, come on!" Blake said standing in the doorway of the bus bathroom as Blair finished brushing her teeth.

"Okay, okay, I'm coming!" she laughed, reaching for his hand and letting him pull her off the bus and towards the arena they were playing later that night. 

Blake's face was painted in an emotion that could only be describe as elation as he led them to the hallway that the green rooms were on and searched for the one labeled Paper Parachute.

When he found it his grip on Blair's hand tightened as he threw the door open and searched the room for his mother.

"Ma!"

Blair couldn't help to smile as she watched the grown man beside her transform into a little boy who adored his mother. For someone who still held such a bad boy reputation, he was certainly a softy when it came to Andrea.

"Hi buddy. Hi Blair!" His mom called from her place in Blake's embrace.

"Where's Scotty?" 

"He just stepped out to the bathroom. I told him to go before they start letting your fans in, you know how they get for your brothers and he's so on edge about his Step one's I didn't want him to be rude to  any of those kids."

"He's gotta chill." Blake smirked looking at the doorway and aiming his words at Scotty as he walked through the doors.

"What's up Dr. Everett?"

"I'm not a doctor yet." Scotty said rolling his eyes but allowing his brother to hug him.

"So glad we could pull you away from the library for an evening." 

"Yeah, yeah, whatever." He said as Blake ruffled his hair.

"It's so great to see you guys again but I have to head to hair and makeup. Bye Blake, I'll see you after the show?" She asked not sure what his plans were since they were home and his family was in attendance.

"Yeah, we're going to dinner. Come back here after the show. Good luck tonight, I'll be watching with Mom and Scotty as much as I can."

"Okay, good luck babe. I love you!"

"I love you too!" He called after her as she wandered from the room.

He stared after her for a moment more even once she was gone from view before turning back around to see his mom and Scott staring back at him.

"What?" He asked. "What?" he repeated when they didn't response. His mother only laughed and looked at the floor shaking her head all the while.

"So, I see things between you two seems to be back to normal."

He felt his cheeks redden as his mother gave him a knowing smile.

"She's good for you, you know?"

"That's what everyone keeps telling me." He smiled.

"So the tour ends in like two weeks, what then?" She asked him and he felt his mood immediately dip.

"I-I don't know. We haven't really talked about it. We have the album to finish and her EP is flying off the shelves her numbers are crazy so I'm sure they'll give her a full contract once we get back. I just don't know how this is feasible when we aren't together, when our schedules aren't the same."

"Have you talked to her about that yet?"

"No. I'm scared of what she might say."

AN: Didn't quite get to all the drama in this chapter I thought we would but I haven't updated in two days and wanted to make sure you guys got one today!

SO...

What did you think about Blair and Blake's little heart to heart?

His thoughts about his dad? Cash?

His talk with his mom?

I promise there is some big drama next chapter to strap in kids.

Vote and Comment!

ILY

Sav

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

44.4K 741 39
Blair Everty has a dream: to be a famous singer. She gets tickets to her idol's concert, Hot Chelle Rae. Those 4 boys have made her life worth living...
290K 13.1K 29
It all started with a blackout, an elevator, and two complete strangers. She was trying to heal her broken heart and he wanted to escape the spotligh...
7.7K 432 27
#93 in Young Adult #4 in janitor #51 in projectbadboys Shortlisted in The Global Awards 2018 Honourable Mention in 2018 Bell Awards Previously featu...
867K 31.1K 52
{Romance Series} Book One! |An Unexpected Romance| Maddie and her girls are off on holiday, spending four weeks of uninterrupted bliss in the Califor...