When You Were Mine β€’Erick Bri...

By AchiColon05

Erick came from Cuba when he was 11 years old to Florida. He and Veronica become close friends but when he go... More

Cast
The Boy With Green Eyes
The Corner Store
The Treehouse
Burnt Pancakes
If You Were Mine πŸ–€
The Carnival
The Feris Wheel
El Chisme
The Bathroom Stall
Apologies
Primera Cita
The Picnic
His Sweater
The Commercial
Ice Cream
The Songs
The Audition
Blackmailing
Regrets
Coco
His Aroma
Trying To Act Calm
Imagine If...
Free Pass
The Wedding
Backstage
Bowling
Promises
Finals
Hoping This Is a Dream
Airport
Disney
Doctor
Bad News
Concert
Unexpected Encounter
Finding Out
Time to Go Home
And....You Are?
Memory Lane
Epilogue
Author's Note

Sweet Dreams

232 13 8
By AchiColon05

(Listen to the song while reading this chapter. I know that it might go away the more you scroll down so either listen to it before, after, or get another device and listen to it while reading to it, because it makes the story better. Thanks 😁)

Erick's POV•

I've stayed with Veronica these past few days and I could tell she was getting worse. Occasionally the guys and Lisette would visit her. We were cuddling on her bed. I had my head on her chest and I heard her heart beat. It was kind of slow but it kept on beating. She was playing with my hair.
"I still remember when you were new at school," she said.
"Me too," I smile.
"I always thought you were cute," she says. I look up at her.
"Really?" I ask.
"Really," she says laughing. I laugh along with her. I tickle her in her stomach making her laugh harder.
"Stop it! Erick!" She says with laughter in between. She begins to kick me.
"Ow!" I say. I stop tickling her.
"Thank you," she says giving me her beautiful smile. I was about to tickle her back but she was quicker and she ticked me. I was laughing uncontrollably. I grabbed her waist and I kiss her. She stops tickling me. I kiss her like I haven't before. It was passionate and soft at the same time. Chills ran through my spine. We ran out of breath and we separated. She sat up.
She looked like she was thinking.
"What's wrong?" I ask sitting next to her.
"When I....... when I die-" she begins to say but I interrupt her.
"Don't say that," I say. She looks at my eyes for a long time.
"Erick we both know that I'm going to. So I want you to promise me something." I hold her hand.
"Anything," I say.
"I want you to promise me that you'll find someone else and love her as much as you do to me. I don't want you to be sad that I left, I want you to be happy that I'm in a better place with no pain. I want you to keep on singing for me. Please don't stop. And don't forget me." Tears rolled down my check and soon streams broke free.
"Come on Erick. Promise me." She asked with pleading eyes.
"I promise. And I'll never forget you." I say finally. I kiss her hand.
"Thank you." She says as she wipes my tears away.
"Can you sing for me?" She asks. I nod.

Cuando tu estas conmigo
Es cuando yo digo
Que valió la pena
Todo, todo lo que yo he sufrido
No se si es un sueño aún
O es una realidad
Pero cuando estoy contigo es cuando digo yo

Que este amor que siento
Es porque tu lo has merecido
Con decirte amor que otra vez he amanecido
Llorando de felicidad
A tu lado yo siento que estoy viviendo
Nada nada es como ayer
Abrázame que el tiemo pasa y el nunca perdona
Ha hecho estragos en mi gente como en mi persona
Abrázame que el tiempo es malo y muy cruel amigo
Abrázame que el tiempo es oro si tu estas conmigo
Abrázame fuerte, muy fuerte, más fuerte que nunca

Siempre abrázame
Hoy que tu estas conmigo
Yo no se si esta pasando el tiempo o tu lo has detenido
Así quiero estar por siempre
Aprovecho que estas tu conmigo
Te doy gracias por cada momento de mi vivir
Tu cuando mires para el cielo
Por cada estrella que aparezca amor es un "te quiero"
Abrázame que el tiempo hiere y el cielo es testigo
Que el tiempo es cruel y a nadie quiere por eso te digo yo
Abrázame muy fuerte amor, mantenme así a tu lado
Yo quiero agradecerte amor todo lo que me has dado
Quiero corresponderte de una forma otra a diario

(You know what just listen to the song 😂)

"Thank you Erick. For everything you have done for me." She says smiling.
"No. Thank you," I smile back.
"I love you Veronica. I always will." I say cupping her cheek.
"I love you too Erick." She says gazing at my eyes. I kiss her soft lips. I try to record every movement so I'll remember it forever. We smile. My fingers run through her hair.
"I'm getting tired." She says as she yawns.
"Me too. Should we go to sleep?" I ask.
"Yeah." We lay on the bed and turn off the lights. I put my arms around her back and her hands hug my waist.
"Good night Veronica. Sweet dreams." I say smiling.
"You too. Good night." She says as she pecks my lips. She sleeps while I watch her sleep while running my fingers through her hair. Then I fall asleep....

The next morning

The sun wakes me up. I smile seeing Veronica still asleep. It was 10 am though so I kiss her forehead trying to wake her up. She didn't react. She seemed kind of pale.
"Good morning Princesa." I whisper in her ear. Still no reaction. I shake her but she doesn't wake up. Chills run through my spine and I get a bad feeling.
"Veronica! Veronica wake up!" I say while shaking her. Still no response. I begin to panic as my stomach gets an uneasy feeling. Tears rush through my eyes like a never ending waterfall.
"Veronica! Please! Wake up. Please..." I say with difficulty because I was choking on my sobs.

(If you didnt listen to the song now would be a good time. Or if you want to listen to it anyway because it fits this part)

I check her pulse.
Nothing.
I drop down on my knees. I felt like I couldn't breath. I think her parents heard me because they rushed into her room. They asked me something but I didn't pay attention. I felt everything slow down. I heard the ambulance outside and paramedics rushed in to take her. I finally reacted and followed them. They took her to the ambulance. I tried to get in with her but only her parents could go.
"Sir we can't let you in. We need to take her to the hospital right away." One of them said.
"No you dont understand I need to go with her." I say stuttering.
"You can meet us at the hospital but we need to go now." She said and they closed the door and drove off.
"No! Veronica!" I say running after the ambulance.

I stopped and sprinted back to Veronica's house. I took her parent's car keys and I sped away to the hospital. I was definitely above the speed limit but I didn't care. I just wanted to get back to Veronica. The light went went from green to red really quick. I had to stop aggressively.
"Dang it!" I yelled. I was sobbing until the light turned green again.

I finally made it to the hospital. I ran inside to the front desk.
"Who are you looking for?" The person there asked.
"Veronica Guzman." I say getting impatient.
"She's in room 106." As soon as she said that I ran to her room. Her parents were outside the room. They were both sobbing.
"Erick!" Her mom said.
"Is she ok?" I ask quickly.
"I don't know they aren't letting anyone in." I let out a loud sigh. I walk back and forth.
"Erick!" I hear Christopher say. I turn around. The guys and Lisette were there.
"What's wrong with Veronica?" Lisette asks. I shrug.
"What happened?" Joel asked.
"I woke up and I tried to wake her up but she didn't as much as I tried." I say sobbing. Christopher gives me a hug. I hug back.
"I'm sorry." He mumbles.
"Family of Veronica Guzman?" The doctor asks. We all walk up to him.
"I'm sorry to say that she didn't make it in time. She past in her sleep. It was most likely not painful." He says. I felt like my heart dropped to the floor. I look around and everyone was in tears. I felt like everything around me stopped.
"We'll let you in to say goodbye." Her parents go in first. I look at the window in her room. The guys are around me looking inside the window.
"She's gone. She's really gone. My Veronica is gone." I say as I swallow hard. Yoandri puts his hand on my shoulder.
"I'm sorry. She was a good person. She'll be missed." He said as he cried softly. I put my hand on the window. Her parent leave the room as their eyes are red and puffy. I go in the room and I see Veronica's pale face. She looks as if she were sleeping. I still can't believe she is gone. She died in my arms. This is unbelievable. I kneel next to her bedside. I grab her hands. They're cold. I sobbed like I haven't before. I place my hand on her cheek.
"Why did you leave me Veronica?" I say hoping she'll respond.
"I hope you're in a better place." I say.
"I love you and I always will. I promise. I'll try to keep my promise for you. But it'll be h-hard." I say whimpering. I place my lips on top of hers and kiss her one last time. I didn't want to leave her. But I knew I had to.
"I love you Veronica." I say and my tear falls on her cheek. I leave the room slowly. Before I leave I look back at her. After that the guys visit her and we all leave.

Veronica's parents offered to let me sleep there. I agreed but that wasn't a good idea. The bedsheets and pillows still had her aroma. I saw picture of us next to her bed on her little table by the bed. I couldn't go to sleep. I couldn't get her out of my mind. All the memories started flowing in. I remembered when I auditioned and she said, "Whenever you need me I'll always be there for you." But she wasn't here. She was just in my memories and in my heart. I don't know in which moment I fell asleep. I woke up thinking that Veronica was right next to me. But she wasn't there. Only her scent.

A few days past and I was still very sad but I had to learn that she wasn't going to come back. I had to let her go. It was her funeral and I felt horrible when I saw her in that casket. The guys and Lisette were here. It was a beautiful ceremony. I visited her casket again. It was opened so we could see her. Christopher was standing next to me.
"Hey look at her hand," he said. I looked at her finger. It was the matching ring that she gave me. I smiled. Christopher patted my back and walk away. I looked at Veronica.

"When you were mine my life was perfect. I dont know what it is anymore. But I know that you will always be with me no matter where I go." I told her even though she couldn't hear me. But I knew she was listening wherever she was...

------------------------------------------------------------

Credit to diamondx98_ for helping me with almost everything in this book. There will be an epilogue. Don't hate me for the ending. 😂

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.8K 863 33
π™·πšŽ'𝚜 πš›πš’πšŒπš‘ πšŠπš—πš πšœπš‘πšŽ πš‘πšŠπšœ πšŸπšŽπš›πš’ πš•πš’πšπšπš•πšŽ. πš†πš‘πšŠπš πš‘πšŠπš™πš™πšŽπš—πšœ πš πš‘πšŽπš— πš‘πšŽ πš–πšŽπšŽπšπšœ π™²πšŠπš–πš’πš•πšŠ? πš†πš‘πšŠπš πš‘πšŠπš™πš™πšŽπš—πšœ...
14.1K 751 30
π’˜π’‰π’‚π’• 𝒅𝒐 π’Š 𝒅𝒐 π’˜π’‰π’†π’ π’Š 𝒍𝒐𝒗𝒆 π’šπ’π’– 𝒂𝒏𝒅 π’˜π’‚π’π’• π’”π’π’Žπ’†π’ƒπ’π’…π’š 𝒆𝒍𝒔𝒆? --- she came into their lives to work with them and hope...
5.9K 272 24
June 14th, 2003; the day my life changed for the worse. ... November 18th, 2008; that day my life changed for the better. ... What's harder? Getting...
23.5K 1.1K 29
π™·πšŽ πš πšŠπš—πšπšœ 𝚊 πš•πš˜πšŸπšŽ πš πš’πšπš‘πš˜πšžπš πšŒπš˜πš—πšπš›πšŠπšŒπš. π™·πšŽ 𝚍𝚘𝚎𝚜'πš—πš πš πšŠπš—πš 𝚊 πš›πšŽπš•πšŠπšπš’πš˜πš—πšœπš‘πš’πš™ , πš‘πšŽ πš πšŠπš—πšπšœ πš›πšŽπš•πšŠπšπš’πš˜...