Easton |Complete|

By KatCWrites

Easton Raven, born into the mafia world and next in line to take the seat handed down from generation to gene... More

[1] The takeover
[2] Her
[3] - Player
[4] Hire me
[5] Boss
[6] 7PM
[7] Dance
[8] Anxiety
[9] Daylight
[10] Office
[12] Party
[13] When the parties over
[14] Morning
[15] We're friends
[16] Grandad
[17] Dinner
[18] Breakfast
[19] Caleb
[20] Cryin' in the club
[21] Death
[22] Angie
[23] Goodbye
[24] New Beginnings
[25] News
[26] Hot and Cold
[27] Together
[28] Cars and Clubs
[29] Office
[30] Trouble
[31] Everything
[32] I love you
[33] Shots fired
[34] 1 week
[35] Leader
[36] Back for good
[37] Baby
[38] Baby Mamma
[39] Girls
[40] pregnant
[41] Guilt
[42] It all makes sense now
[43] Make up
[44] Family
[45] Gut feeling
[46] Alone
[47] Gone
[48] Letter
[49] Goodbye
[50] Alena
[51] Home
[52] Easton
[53] Alive
[54] Old friends
[55] Forever
[56] Time travel
[57] Wedding planer
[58] Wedding day
[59] Five years [Epilogue]
[60] Alena

[11] Avoiding me

54.3K 1.2K 739
By KatCWrites

Aubrey's POV:

It's been a week since Claire took it upon herself to reply to Easton's text message from my phone, and since then I've been avoiding him at all costs.

Things at the bar have been getting easier and easier each day and it's been nice getting to know a few of the girls, especially Kassie who has taken me under her wing.

This afternoon I'm on the early shift, I started at 12:00 PM when we opened, and I'm due to finish at 7:00 PM just before the Friday night rush.

It's currently five-thirty and I'm standing in the kitchen singing to myself softly as I wash a few plates I found in the lunchroom.

"You know sweetheart if I didn't know any better I'd think you've been avoiding me." His deep voice speaks from behind me, his breath hot against my ear.

"I'm not avoiding you," I reply, keeping my back to him.

"Are you sure? Because it feels like ever since you told me you want to sit on my face you've been ignoring me."

I turn to him with a scowl "I didn't say I want to sit on your face, in fact, the only thing I want to do with your face is smother it with a pillow."

"You're extra mean today, I like it." He winks

Rolling my eyes I turn back to the dishes and continue washing. "Did you need something, or do you just like annoying me?"

"I just enjoy being in your presence, especially when you tell me you want to sit on my face."

Feeling anger take over my body I turn quickly "would you stop saying that." I seeth

"Sweetheart, calm down, I'm joking." He reaches his hand out and places it on my cheek.

My body relaxes at his touch and I feel my angry simmer down. "You know you're cute when you're mad." He grins and leans in closer.

"W-what are you doing?" I question as I take a step back my back now pressed firmly against the skin.

"Aubrey, can I get a hand?" Kassie calls from the front.

"Everything fucking time." He huffs and pulls back.

"I uh, I should go and help her." I move my body past him quickly in an attempt to walk away.

"Aubrey." He grabs my arm and pulls me back to him lightly. "Meet me in my office when you're done."

"Sure." I nod and leave the room.

I make my way into the office to find him sitting at his desk with his feet up. "Finally." He huffs

"Really? You've been in here with your feet up while we've been flat out?" I fold my arms across my chest.

"Perks of being the boss." He smirks and points to the chair in front of him "sit."

He removes his legs from the desk, and I sit in the chair across from him. "How would you feel about taking on a new job role?"

"A new job role?" I ask confused "I barely know the one I'm doing now."

"Hear me out, you don't have to say yes." He begins as he rests his elbows on the desk. "I was thinking maybe you'd be more suited to working in the office."

"A-am I not doing a good job out the front?" I ask sadly

"You are, but after all of your help with getting the office in order and the way you sorted business possibilities and shifts in just an hour, I thought maybe you'd like to do those things all the time?"

"So, you want me to work in the office with you?"

"Not with me as such as I won't always be here, but this would be your office and I'd leave you to run everything for me, there would be a pay rise in it of course."

"So, what would I have to do?" I bite done on my bottom lip.

"Paperwork, rosters, and shifts, hiring, firing, all that fun stuff."

I think for a moment before looking back up at him. "If you think I can do it."

"I think you can do it, or I wouldn't be asking." he grins "I wouldn't even need to train you, you're already better at all of this stuff than me."

"I uh, I don't kn-"

He takes my hand across the table. "Aubrey, there is no right or wrong way to do it, whatever works for you, works for me and I think you'd be really good at it."

"I'll try." I give him a soft smile

"Good, I'll work you out a new contract and you'll be ready for your new role next week." He removes his hand from mine and sits back in his chair. "Will I be seeing you tomorrow night?"

"Right, yes the party." I tuck my hair behind my ear. "Do you mind if I bring Claire and Caleb with me as well?"

"What are they like a package deal?" He jokes

"Pretty much." I laugh softly

"You can bring them, I'll text you my address tonight, there will be security at the gates so just tell them your name and they'll let you in."

"Security?" I ask knitting my brows together "How wild are you expecting this party to get?"

"You watch the news as well as I do sweetheart, we don't want anyone coming and ruining the party."

"Wise." I nod with a smile "Uh, I should get back to helping Kassie." I stand up

"Enjoy your last night behind the bar." He grins.

I make my way back out the front and Kassie stares at me with a grin on her face. "What did the boss want?"

"Nothing, we're just switching up my job role a little."

"Ohhh, is it to be his personal sex giver cause I'd be all over that."

"What? No." I laugh and shake my head. "I'm going to be working in the office."

"Working in the office?" she smirks "Oh I bet you'll be working in the office, on the desk, against the wall, on the lounge, probably even the floor."

"Kassie," I giggle "Stop that, he's our boss."

"No, he's my boss, he's your future lover."

I fold my arms over my chest and shake my head "You're insane."

"I'm wise, you're insane." She grins and goes back to serving.

It isn't long until my shift is over and I make my way out the back to grab my bag from the lunchroom. Easton is still working away in the office on his laptop so I stick my head in. "I'll see you tomorrow night, 6:30 PM right?"

"Right." He nods looking up from his laptop.

"Do I need to bring anything?"

"Just your beautiful self."

His words cause my cheeks to become hot and redden, why does he have to say things like this? "Uh, I should go I don't want to miss the bus," I tell him checking the time on my phone.

"Wait, why are you on the bus?"

"Uh, because maybe I didn't take my car to the mechanic like you told me to and it's playing up again?"

"I'll drive you." He says as he closes his laptop and stands up pulling his keys from his pocket

"You don't have to do that."

"I know I don't, that's what makes me such a lovable guy." He grins and places his hand on the small of my back, pushing me out the door.

"By Kassie." He calls as we exit via the back door.

We reach the parking lot and he leads me to his blue Lambo. He unlocks it, opening the door for me. Of course, it has scissor doors which at first take me by surprise but then I take in how cool it is. "That's really cool," I say out loud with a smile

"Eh, you get used to it after a while." He shrugs "Go on, in you get."

I step into the car and pull my seatbelt on while Easton closes the door. He soon joins me in the drivers' side and starts the car up. "Is this interior custom?" I question as I look at the blue quilted seats, door trims, and center controls

"Sure is." He grins as we pull out of the driveway "I figured if I'm going to drop three hundred thousand on a car I maze well go all out."

"Gosh." I gasp softly "That's a lot of money for a car, mine was one thousand five hundred." I laugh

The drive to my place was nice, we talked about silly things with no importance but still, it was nice. Once we arrive, he pulls into my driveway and parks the car, turning the engine off. Again he opens my door for me and takes my hand helping me step out.

"Thank-you." I smile softly and look towards the front door. "Uh, would you like to come in?"

"I have a few things I need to take care of, but I'll walk you to the door."

Still hand and in hand, we walk to the front door. "Well, thanks again."

"You're welcome." He leans in and presses a soft kiss to my cheek.

Having his lips so close to mine sends tingles all over my body, I've never felt like this before, I want to kiss him, hell I want to take him inside and rip his clothes off him, but I shouldn't, I can't.

He pulls back from the lingering kiss, his lips still dangerously close to mine. "I'll see you tomorrow." He whispers.

Without another thought, I step close and press my lips to his, beginning what would be our first and possibly only kiss, because this is wrong, he's my boss and I shouldn't be doing this, we shouldn't be doing this. But it doesn't feel wrong, it feels right.

As the kiss deepens, he slides his tongue into my mouth and pulls me closer to him. My tongue swirls against his in perfect time as we continue the kiss. A moment later the outside light flicks on and I pull back from the kiss.

"Uh, I'll see you tomorrow." I bite down on my bottom lip.

"See you tomorrow." He grins and turns walking back to his car.

I step inside the unlocked door and close it behind me, only to come face to face with a very pissed off looking Caleb.

"Really Aubrey? I tell you the guy is dangerous, I tell you to stay away from him and you go right ahead and make out with him at the front door.

"You were watching?" I ask a little taken aback.

"No Aubrey, I caught one glimpse and was almost sick." He huffs "I always thought more of you than this."

"Thought more of me?" I ask confused

"Just last week, we almost kissed and now you have your tongue down his throat, since when did you turn into a slut?" He turns and walks away.

Feeling hurt and a little shocked I stand in the one spot for a moment. He's right, last week we did almost kiss, and why I don't know because what I feel for Caleb is love but it's not that kind of love. I can't help but feel like I've been leading him on without even trying.

"What the fuck was that about?" Claire asks she makes her way down the hall

"Nothing," I lick my lips "I uh, I upset your brother, it was just a misunderstanding."

"Aubrey, he called you a slut, that was no misunderstanding."

"It doesn't matter, I'm going to bed."

I walk to the end of the hall where my room is located and push the door open, closing it quickly behind me. It's only a moment later I hear Claire and Caleb fighting in his room, which is next to mine.

"Why the hell did you go off on her like that?"

"She was out the front with her tongue down Easton's throat"

"What the hell has that got to do with you? She can kiss whoever she likes, she's single."

"I warned her to stay away from him and she did the complete opposite." He shouts.

I pull out my headphones from my side table and place them in my ears, then press play on my music app on my phone. I close my eyes and after a while drift off to sleep.

Do you like gifs used throughout a story or would you rather read and imagine your own images? Update: I've gone through and deleted them all... too many haters!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

203K 3.4K 41
Willow Clarke has newly turned 18. Straight A student, good girl, she's pretty much planned her whole life out down to the smallest of details, with...
23.3K 457 49
(Book 2 of the 'To Be His' series.) (Can be read as a stand alone.) Aurora de Luca is the daughter of a once ruthless mafia leader. Her mom and dad...
114K 3K 54
Change is not so easy. Mackenzie learns that the hard way when she has to move to a new school the second semester of her senior year of High School...
1.2M 39.3K 74
Mia Ricci twenty-one years old, sweet, beautiful, and smart yet somehow lead down a dangerous road by the one she trusted. Enzo Moretti twenty-five...