SUGAR

By Ayeyou_Kma

18 year old Sugar was evicted from her home with nowhere to go. Sugar's best friend Kyra offers to take her i... More

One
Two
Three
Three (Filler)
Four
Q&A.
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Fifteen (Filler)
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty (Filler chapter)
Twenty One
Twenty-Two
Twenty Two (Filler)
Twenty-Three
Twenty Three (Filler)
Twenty Four
Twenty Five
Twenty Six
Twenty Seven
Twenty Nine
Thirty
Thirty One
Thirty Two
Epilogue

Twenty Eight

15.5K 708 467
By Ayeyou_Kma

Two days later...
Sugar

Anthony was out grabbing us groceries while I waited at the house for him to get back. The last two weeks had been hard on me but I could say with the help of Ant I felt stronger. Some days were harder then others but as Ant always told me I was a survivor. I did what I had to do to survive and was still surviving every day I woke up. To keep me out of harms way I was basically back on lockdown how I use to be with him. There was no going out on my own to keep me out of harms way unless I was accompanied by Ant which this time around was fine with me.

I knew Amir was probably out looking for me as well as Anthony and the thought of him finding me again scared me again. I was ashamed to think I really had someone in Amir when he turned out to be a monster and manipulator. He completely destroyed the woman I was and Anthony liked to reassure me that I was still the same Sugar to him but I knew it was lies. I was completely damaged and there was no going back to who I use to be. I was forced to have sex willing with multiple men, I've killed, I've done hard drugs, I've done everything I never imagined myself doing but I couldn't let my past bind me from getting to my future. Fear and regret would only hold me back to being the woman I knew I could be. The woman I would be.

Plopping back onto the couch I decided to turn on the flat screen that was mounted on the wall. I was also phone-less now on top of being cut off from the outside world so I had never been so grateful for cable until now. Anthony's new place was very secluded in a wooded area. He reassured me that I didn't have to worry about any intruders. The place had multiple security systems placed all throughout his home and he had one room filled with blades, swords, and various hand guns. I don't know who the fuck he dealt with to be laid out like this but I couldn't lie and say it didn't help me feel safe when he had to leave — which was rare. Anthony liked to joke that I was a "shooter" now so if need be I could always use his pistol.

I used the remote to flick through channels but couldn't find anything that peaked my interest so I decided to settle for the news. Might as well see what was going on in the outside world since I couldn't be out there myself. The young female news reporter cane on screen standing near a dumpster truck which was yellow taped off. "This looks as if this was definitely foul play with a intent to give a message to the victim and whomever he was associated with. After doing further investigating the detective was able to identify it was Mr. Bruce Lamond Hayfield who's body was found in multiple pieces and discovered by this morning's trash man." She spoke in the most professional voice.

I know you fucking lying, I thought to myself. I knew only one Bruce Hayfield in my whole lifetime and knew it was a slim to nothing chance it could be another. Continuing to watch the news channel I waited to see if there could be any further information to confirm my suspicions and boom, just like clockwork they provided a photo of him as well.

"Family man and father of two Bruce lived with his mother Patrice who unfortunately at the time of finding out her son was gone suffered a massive heart attack." The news lady reported making me gasp and tear up. My heart felt for her. I was so sick of all this death around me now and I knew for a fact Anthony's yellow ass was behind this.

I heard beeping indicating the security system was being unlocked and like instinct I immediately grabbed the pistol I had tucked beneath the couch tucking it in my lap. The door twisted as my heart thumped but then I seen it was only Anthony carrying the groceries in. "You ain't gone help a nigga out?" He asked as I mugged him without speaking. "The fuck you strapped for?" He looked crazily at me then back to the gun. I forgot I was even holding it still so I tucked it back into the couch.

"You wanna explain to me why the fuck this news reporter bitch saying Bruce was found chopped up? Hm Ant?" I squinted my eyes waiting to read into bullshit he was gone try to feed me.

"Mmcht, maaaan I done told you about watching all that damn tv. Ain't got no business watching that shit noway. You know that shit fuck up yo brain." He scoffed turning around to unpack the groceries to place them in a fridge. He knew damn well he was about to cough up some answers.

I sat there giving him a hard stare with my hand tucked beneath my hair until he peeked over his shoulder seeing if I was still watching him.

"I'm still fucking waiting Anthony." I told him tossing one of his pillows from the couch at him as he ducked.

"You the one Detective Sugar and shit, you think you know something huh Sherlock Holmes?"

"Anthony quit fucking playing! We just went through all this lying shit we can't go ten steps back. You need to keep that shit a mill!" Anthony sighed deeply making his way over to the couch sitting next to me.

"You win aight? That was the phone call the other day you asked about. But trust me, I'm good. Okay that found his fucking body? Cool. But if they ping any of my phones my shit show here. Bruce's phone was completely destroyed and there's no other evidence that could ever link that shit back this way. We good, we great. Now trust in yo man babygirl." He rubbed my cheek.

I folded my arms rolling my eyes hard before pointing my finger in his chest. "You listen and you listen real good. No more fucking secrets. If you want to make a move, cool. But you gone run that shit by me so I can help protect us. I can't do this shit without you Ant. So trust in yo girl, baby boy and let a bitch know something next time." I ended sarcastically making him smirk.

"I love you and I got you. You got my word and you know my word is bond." I trusted Anthony and I knew what he said was true. He was solid. It was only him who proved themselves time and time again.

"I love you more." We locked pinkies and kissed.

"Now that you done interrogating me and you already looking good as fuck we got to head out. I got somewhere to go and you got to come with me."

"Like where?" I asked not wanting to be out. I had only been out once within these last three weeks and that was because he was still too afraid to leave me alone. Since then he had been good though so why would I have to go now?

"Damn woman, I thought we was trusting in each other."

"Mmcht." I twisted up my lips. "Cmon, bring ya ass before I change my mind." I told him scooping my purse leading the way.

"All that attitude gone get you in trouble." Ant told me smacking my ass following me out.

• • •

We ended back in Anthony's neck of the woods which I was familiar with already from the many times Kyra and I came over together. I was confused as to why we even came this way. I felt it was too risky to be where he use to lay his head. Pulling into the driveway I noticed we were at a duplex. Anthony's old duplex to be exact. "What we doing here?" I scrunched up my face in confusion.

"Get out. Got someone I been wanting you to meet." He said turning off the car hopping out to open the passenger side door so I can get out.

"Meet? Boy don't play." Only one person could be in this damn house and I felt like I was going to piss myself. Anthony had no father figure, no siblings, the only person he talked about and the only one could be here was his mother.

"Relax, she cool. I love you so I know she will." He tugged my arm almost pulling me to the door so he can knock.

"How do I look? Why the hell didn't tell me? You think my jeans too tight? What if-?" I rambled nervously.

"Antman!" His mother opened the door happily kissing each side of his face.

"Maaa, you embarrassing a nigga." He laughed wiping his cheek. All I could do is smile awkwardly.

"Hello, nice to meet you." I smiled.

"You must be Sugar, I've heard so much about you. Please you two, come in. I cooked tostadas, beans, and rice."

"Hell yeah. You gone love her cooking babe." Ant assured me as I went into the small home. She had plates and dishes on the table already waiting for us. Anthony rubbed the back of my hand while he held it sensing my nervousness. Pulling out my chair for me I sat down while Ant sat beside me and his mother next to him.

It was dead ass silent while everyone served they plates making me hella nervous. All you could her is the clattering of dishes as everyone dug in. "Anthony never brought a girl home to me. Something must be special about you Ms.Sugar. How'd yous meet?" She finally broke the silence while spreading the beans across her taco shell.

"Well we, um had mutual friends. So we kind of grew on each other." I spoke softly trying to stuff my face in hopes she would just don't ask me anything else. I wish I could have smoked a damn blunt first but Ant had deaded that shit.

"Mutual friends eh? Anthony told me you two lived together. Well you three. You and Kyra. You know, his ex? I never met her but heard enough to hate her. Were you guys mutual friends?" She asked raising a brow.

I almost choked on my food at her question. One, I hated to think about her. Two, I prayed she didn't know our history. How much had Ant told her? Anthony cut his mom a look dabbing his mouth with his napkin before he cleared his throat. "I have to talk to you about Kyra and right now I don't feel like it's the perfect time to discuss her. Especially when the woman I'm with now is trying to meet you." He said firmly.

I exhaled finally letting out the breath I was holding on. I was so grateful for him standing up for me. "Thank you." I mouthed to him grabbing his hand beneath the table.

His mother scoffed and began to talk very quickly in which I knew was Spanish making me feel uncomfortable. By the way Anthony furrowed his eyebrows and began to talk it back to her I knew the shit she was saying couldn't be nothing good. Before Anthony could finish his last sentence I decided to do it for him.

"Excuse me." I cleared my throat making her cut her eyes at me. "I'll find it much more respectful if we could all speak the same language here. Especially since you know I have no idea what's being said. You don't hear me clicking and clacking like some damn African and since you invited me to your home you should be kind enough to voice whatever you have you have to say to us all. And by all I do mean me."

"Sugar baby we ain't even-" Anthony grabbed my hand clearly about to escort me out.

"No!" His mother explained. "She's right. I will say it fucking Spanish, English, and fucking French dammit. Noooo woman will every allow some "mutual friend" to stay with her man unless she trusted them and they were extremely close. Now look at you! You fucking your best friends man you whore!"

I didn't even realize it but before I knew it I was on top of Anthony's mother going blow for blow in her face while he tried pried me off of her. "Get her off me!" She screamed.

Anthony dragged me out door while she continued to scream at us both. "Don't bring her back! Don't you ever bring her back! If you stay with her don't come back either!" She screamed.

I continue to scream back at her all kinds of "fuck yous" as tears streamed down my face. I wasn't no fucking whore. She didn't know me. She didn't know the real Kyra. The situations she put me in and the things I faced. Who was she to judge me? Nobody knew me. Not even me anymore.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22K 1.1K 55
Carter Grayson is a handsome but awkward 18 year old. His boyish charms, dark red hair, and blue eyes are enough to make any girl swoon, and they do...
Lover Girl vol.1 By Lia White

Mystery / Thriller

40 0 10
This story is about 16 year old girl named Aurora started looking for love in all the wrong places then she later on finds out that her childhood Be...
234K 6.7K 59
MATURE CONTENT !!!! 18+ UNEDITED ... PLEASE FEEL FREE TO COMMENT, SHARE, & LIKE 🥰😘 Riley is a good and innocent girl never been through anything in...
42K 2.3K 29
You can't turn no hoe into a house wife. Monica is a 23 year old woman who ain't never had a man. A real man. Her own man. Love. Maybe she doesn't e...