Beautiful Scar

By 95McQueen

Scarlet is known for many things. The adoptive daughter of General Homes. A brutal and yet intelligent Captai... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34

Chapter 9

2.3K 124 9
By 95McQueen

Nighttime was fast approaching, and Scarlet was looking forward for dinner, after her system emptied out almost everything she consumed during the day. And thankfully, James' sauce somehow eased the nauseating feeling she had from the poison-infused glove invented by Brie. Her mood somewhat improved. She had a read on his reaction to gauge which food was tainted or not. And it seemed the broth was safe. She would have drink it herself if she'd known otherwise. She would have never let Fina be harmed, especially not in her presence. Then a small idea came to her.

James would be so useful to her.

As she walked along the castle's corridor, while she read further the report prepared by Lydia just now, a Private-ranked warrior approached her, bearing instruction by the Princess to convene to her throne room.

She heeded, while wondering the reason. Maybe she would like to discuss the outcome of today's training with the men. Or she would like to know Scarlet's personal opinion on each of these men. While she expressed distaste in almost every men Fina had eyes for, she would never berate these men unjustly.

Pompous, spoiled child, idiots and annoying were considered some of the mild names she described the men to Fina.

And besides, she only knew one thing what Fina would be doing tonight. Did she call Scarlet to get her to observe as well? After all, tonight they would decide the fate of Prince Ronald from the Ire Kingdom.

As Scarlet pushed the heavy throne door to let herself in, she caught sight of Ronald, whose face had become so gray. She wondered if it was because of the pain from the operation just now or the verdict that would befall him soon.

But someone else in the room caught her eyes. Been forced to kneel besides Ronald was Dylan as well.

He noticed her presence, but his head was forced down.

On the throne graced the current Ruler and the future Ruler, King Elias and Princess Fina.

Scarlet was a bit puzzled of this arrangement. She turned to Fina for some explanation. But Fina merely smiled briefly at her and began.

"Tonight, you will be tried for attempting to harm the Royal Captain Scarlet in today's event", Fina suddenly announced, which surprised Scarlet.

Ronald looked hollow. But Dylan was definitely alarmed. He would die in his mother's hand before anyone could kill him if he got into this trouble. Therefore, he needed to save himself.

"B-but, Your Highness, I bear no ill-will when I spar with Captain Scarlet. I was assigned to duel with her".

Scarlet perked up at this acting he put on.

Ill-will my arse, thought Scarlet. From standing there perplexed at Fina's words, Scarlet leaned against a pillar and crossed her arms, amused at how Dylan attempted to escape from this.

"Witnesses told me it looked as though you colluded with Prince Ronald here to harm the Captain".

Dylan cursed inwardly. He managed a glance at Scarlet who was watching him. Did she tell on him to the Princess? Like a typical pampered lady. He wanted to scoff. And then, there was also the consideration of the group of her men who was protective of her.

It was his mistake. The opportunity he saw that morning had become a chance for this Kingdom to crush him. Easily.

That Scar girl had so much backups. It was almost annoying. Who was she to be treated with this highest respect? What do people see in her for her to obtain these influences?

"I merely attacked because I thought we were supposed to duel with each other. I did not know that Prince Ronald here had other intention asides from sparring", Dylan tried to use his diplomatic persona.

Princess Fina looked on with an amused expression as well. Her smile was chilling to Dylan. It was not pleasant at all. Where was the face and spirit that was considered sent from above?

It could be sent from above, but from another Gate, more likely from Hell.

King Elias looked on with a serious expression. He seemed alarmed that these men in front of him attempted to harm Scarlet, whom he considered a niece, his close friend and warrior General Homes' surrogate daughter and his daughter's companion. It did not sit well with him of this ordeal. He was not happy at all.

At the same time, why did all the remaining men left were the troubled ones? The idea that his daughter would be married off into another Kingdom's corruption was not pleasant. Not pleasant indeed for any of those close to Fina. But the matter at hand had to be resolved.

"Let's bring in the main witness", the King said to his daughter which Fina nodded.

"Come forward, gentleman", Fina called.

And a familiar man stepped up from another door.

With his messy curly hair, brown as the Princess, Captain Lance stepped up.

Dylan's eyes widened. How could he become a witness? He wasn't with them at the training hall. Did the court conspired against him? He glanced at the people around him. The snickers he imagined they were making were making him more irritated to be brought down in such a state.

"This is unreasonable!" Dylan raised his voice, before letting Lance a chance to speak up. Lance merely glanced with a brow raised at this type of man. He and Scarlet had faced such guys being bullies to them and the other unfortunate ones, during their military academy days. "He was not present at the training. He even informed us that today he was off-duty".

"Well what do you have to say, Captain Lance?" the King turned to Lance, his nephew. One thing the King noted, that Dylan was rather bold in voicing out things, only if he could put his boldness and diplomatic ways into the right direction.

"Ah, well done for paying attention to the details, Prince", Lance didn't bother adding name nor any highness there. He was and could be just as a Prince as these men were. "But I have to say, while other men were enchanted by Scar-, I mean Captain Scarlet's wit and strength overcoming you two, I stayed by and watched you lot from the back end of the hall. It was rather dark that corner. I don't blame you if you did not notice me. I can get other witnesses that noticed me there..."

"That's fair enough", the King stopped him. Lance obediently shut his mouth and lowered his head slightly, out of respect.

Dylan was appalled. He managed a glare at Lance, but Lance only shrugged his shoulder unaffected.

Scarlet noticed the exchanges and tried to contain her laugh. She covered her mouth.

The King discussed in hush voices with Fina, and then turned to Scarlet.

"Now, Captain Scarlet, did you feel Prince Dylan and Prince Ronald tried to harm you?"

Scarlet pondered a bit, her chin rested in between her index finger. "Well, harm is such a general term, Your Majesty. If that was the case, you would have to tried all my men. Since all my training involved honing the men to be able to put damage on their opponent. And their opponent is usually...me".

The King managed a laugh, even Lance and Fina chuckled. But Dylan was not delighted. She was enjoying prolonging his humiliation. And Ronald was still recovering it seemed, from whatever torture they had put him through. He was not participating in any of the argument here to defend himself.

"Well then", the King concluded, "I do apologize for restraining you. Prince Dylan, you are dismissed. Captain Scarlet and Lance as well, we will address the next matter with Prince Ronald here".

Eh?

Dylan was surprised. Just now, they were reprimanding him but after what Scarlet said, he was easily released?

As the guards unbound him and he stood up, he noticed Ronald who was still bound and knees to the ground. He was shaking and perspiring. What did this Kingdom do to him? One moment he was a jolly proud fellow, and the next, he was a writhing mess.

And as the three people made their way to another door, came in a pair of royalties, the King and Queen of the Ire Kingdom, stepping from the big door that Scarlet just came in. Instead of standing, the other men prepared another set of seats for the royalties to settle themselves and decided the ultimate punishment for their son.

At that point, something awakened in Ronald. When he noticed his parents, he started to shake, begging to follow the three of them, to be released. And for the first time, Dylan was alarmed by the desperation in Ronald's eyes. His eyes were pleading before the door closed between them.

As he looked at the two Captains in front of him, they seemed unfazed.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.4K 812 42
"Previously known as... Scarletstroke: Girl assassin" * No hesitation * No killing of children * No killing of innocent people * No emotions * And d...
135 16 16
She'd spent many years playing in this forest as a child. While Selene had enjoyed her novels in the warmth of the house, a blanket wrapped around he...
2.3K 160 36
**Fantasy Mature**🔞⚠️ **Sexual Tension** "Come, let us make love" I whispered and he eyed me strangely until I pointed on a wall. "What?" Gunther st...
5 0 7
Ruby Gray. A fighter, quick with her words and a charmer? Ruby isn't your typical high class damsel in distress, she was the daughter of kings genera...