Off Limits

Av oliviamj_

| Complete | REWRITING + ROUGH DRAFT | Riley Greene was all set for her summer vacation with her college boyf... Mer

Introduction
C A S T
1. The break up
2. Welcome to the Sunshine State
3. If Looks Could Kill
4. Never Have I Ever
5. What Else Have You Mastered?
6. Beach Bum
7. YOU
8. Blame the Alcohol
9. The Tillman Twins
10. Crazy, Stupid, Love
11. Stolen Moments
13. Tears & Mistakes
14. Players Prayer
15. First Dates
16. Harmless Cuddles
17. Angel
18. Amusement Parks & Jealousy
19. Who Are You?
20. Third Base
21. Good News & Bad News
22. Marriage & Skateboards
23. Masquerade Ball
24. Parents From Hell
25. One Minute Till Midnight
26. Face Your Fears
27. Birthday Girl
28. Will you be quiet?
29. Sex Face
30. It's Not A 'Date'
31. Passionate Lover
32. Naked
33. The Best Of Me
34. Surprise Visitor
35. A Friend In Me
36. Unexpected Calls
37. Blinded By Love
38. Liar
39. A New Chapter
40. Caught
41. What Betrayal Feels Like
42. I Deserve Everything Happening To Me
43. Handwritten Letters
44. Home Sweet Home
45. Drown My Sorrow
46. 'F' Bomb
47. I'm WHAT?
48. Alright, You Win
49. This Isn't Real
50. Smash Into You
51. The Start Of Something New
Epilogue
The End
Someone Like You - Publishing

12. Vulnerable

80.7K 2.3K 573
Av oliviamj_

THE BOOK IS BEING REWRITTEN. SO, IM AWARE THINGS DON'T MAKE SENSE.

A week passed, and Florida still lived up to my expectations. Sam took me around the city and showed me her old stomping grounds. It was nice to see more of where she came from and the places she hung out growing up. She took me to Treasure Island beach and instead of swimming; we walked around, drinking daiquiris as I souvenir shopped.

Then while I buzzed off way too many drinks, Coleman took us to John's pass, where we had an incredible lunch and walked the boardwalk. There were so many shops, restaurants, and entertainment to keep you busy while watching the waves. I found cute gifts for my mom and took so many pictures of unnecessary shit. I didn't remember the last time Sam and I spend an entire day together, no negativity surrounding us, or schoolwork.

When we got home that evening, I helped my best friend get ready with her date with her boyfriend before spending the rest of the day in bed. She asked if I wanted to tag along, but I knew they wanted some alone time since we had been together since we arrived. It was like we had a summer itinerary, and didn't have time to just relax. I didn't want to be the friend to come along, and making her do everything by my side.

For once, the estate was quiet, and I had no clue if Joey and Dylan were still there. And I used that to my advantage, watching stupid comedy movies, and eating snacks. I found a snack drawer in the kitchen that I didn't see the first time I rummaged through everything.

The night was still young, the sun just was setting. I could hear the crickets chirping outside, and the faint sounds of traffic through the window.

Growing bored with the movie I picked, I grabbed my phone and checked my social media accounts. I had been updating them frequently because that was how my mom kept tabs on me most of the time. I sent her a bunch of pictures from the skating rink before I fell and then of my knee that I scraped.

Out of habit, I clicked Kevin's name in my recent search history to see if he was remotely doing anything basketball related. Since, according to him, that was the main reason he broke up with me to focus on his career. But the newest picture ripped me to shreds.

I sat straight up and stared at the image in complete shock. My eyes widened. My heart raced. I couldn't rip my eyes away. I felt something break inside of me because I thought this was one of our weird breakups when we'd made up, and everything was okay again. But judging from the photo in front of me, it was all a lie. There was no focusing on his career or figuring out what he wanted in life.

It was a red head woman. A woman who kissed his cheek and had her arms wrapped around him as he smiled, happier than I've ever seen him. The setting, their posture, and the clothes they had on led me to believe it was intimate. She wasn't a friend.

Why would Kevin do that to me? Was the last year a fucking lie?

I immediately clicked her tag, going full detective and wanting to rip him a new one. The unknown girl had posted the same picture, and after some digging, I found out that it was his ex before he met me. I ran into a problem with her before, but he told me that he didn't have feelings for her. That he didn't like her. She fucking cheated on him. I even saw comments that Kevin had posted on her pictures while we were together. That hurt.

I felt the unwanted tears forming in the corners of my eyes. When I clicked the most recent picture again, she confirmed the relationship with the caption:

I knew he couldn't stay away. Back like we never broke up!

I froze, staring down at my screen. My eyes started watering, fogging my vision. I didn't want to cry. I didn't want to let it get to me, but it did. An uncontrollable stream of tears shot from my eyes and rolled down my cheeks. What bothered me the most was that he was probably cheating on me, but didn't have the balls to man up and tell me. I could've done so much with that time, but I had put him first like a dumbass.

My heart broke all over again.

I tortured myself and continued to spy on them through social media. My tears wouldn't give me a break, and my heart pounded viciously against my chest. I couldn't catch my breath and it had felt almost suffocating. I didn't know why I kept looking. Part of me believed it had to have been a sick joke, but the other half knew it was real.

I cupped my face as I broke down into my hands. I began to hyperventilate and felt my heart shatter into one million pieces. I couldn't catch my breath because of the sobs that got stuck in my throat. I have so much anger and hurt inside of me, but I didn't know what to do with it.

"Riley?" Joey's husky voice startled me. I listened to the door creak open, hoping he hadn't come into my room. But I knew Joey, he had.

I tried producing the words to tell him to leave, but they couldn't come out. My breath hitched as a sob caught in my throat again.

"Come here," he beckoned.

I didn't remove my hands, but I felt him wrap his strong arms around me. I pulled my hands away from me and buried my face into the center of his chest. Before I knew it, I had my arms wrapped around his body. His hands ran down my back to comfort me before he tangled them in my hair. I let every ounce of pain in my body flow through my tears as I listened to Joey's steady heartbeat.

He kept quiet while tracing his fingers over my back. I probably shouldn't be close to him like this, but I didn't mind his presence. I loved the comforting feeling of someone else simply being there.

"Riley, look at me?" His voice cracked. It was low and more concerning than usual. I shook my head in his chest, not wanting to lift my face and show him how pathetic I am.

I probably ignored all of the signs because I was blinded by love. I tried hanging on as long as I could because I hate giving people my all, and they run out on me.

"Please?" His voice vibrated through his chest.

I listened and slowly removed myself from his chest. At first, I didn't look him in the eye, but I continued to cry when I did.

"You may not want to speak, but I'm offering to listen." He muttered, stroking through my hair.

He raised his thumb to wipe off the fallen tears. I looked deeply into his eyes as I wailed. It took a few seconds to calm myself down without breaking eye contact. I tried speaking, "My feelings are . . ." I sniffed and restarted my sentence. "My feelings are really hurt."

"Riley, talk to me. Do you want me to call Sam?" He asked.

I shook my head. I would love nothing more than for her to enjoy time with her boyfriend. After all, we've been doing everything as a group.

I took a deep breath. "Remember when I told you I was supposed to be in Europe?"

His lips parted. "Yeah."

Warm tears fell down my cheeks. "My boyfriend—ex-boyfriend—had planned a trip for us to go to Europe after we graduated. I packed, and I couldn't wait to go and—" I took a breather. "He broke up with me right after we graduated. He said he didn't want anything serious, but we'd been together for two years. Two fucking years." I stopped to sigh and wipe my tears.

Joey didn't stop looking at me the entire time I spoke. His eyes had so much sorrow in them, listening to my pitiful story.

I continued. "I thought my ex just needed space, and he left me for her after he told me he didn't care about her anymore." My voice became high-pitched. I fiddled with my fingers, chewing down on the insides of my cheek to prevent my lip from quivering.

He asked, "For who?"

"His ex-girlfriend. I was nothing but a good girlfriend to him. I do everything to please someone else, but they always end up leaving me. Everyone leaves me, and I don't know why. Is it me? He lied directly to my face."

"Everyone isn't leaving you, Riley. You have Sam, Cameron—"

I cut him off. "My dad left me, Joey. I wasn't good enough for him either." I admitted, not wanting to say anything about that.

That was all I needed to say before Joey pulled me into another tight hug. I tried my hardest to stop crying in front of him, but I couldn't. Everything I've held in over the past few days, or years, came out.

"I don't see how anyone could leave you," he said in a low voice. "If I were him . . . I'd never leave."

I slowly removed myself again and met Joey's eyes. No one has ever said that to me before, and I physically felt my heart beating at an unhealthy pace.

"Don't fucking cry for an asshole like him." He said, tapping my chin without breaking contact.

I couldn't control anything I felt or did. Not thinking, I quickly leaned towards Joey and pressed my lips on his. I pulled away almost immediately, realizing I shouldn't have done that. I couldn't tell what ran through Joey's head by the shocked expression on his face.

I nervously met his eyes as he forcefully grabbed my neck and pulled my lips back to his. A single tear rolled down my cheek as he kissed me. I didn't understand how much I craved this moment until it actually happened.

I pushed myself up and straddled my legs on top of him as he shifted back on the bed. I hungrily took control and worked my lips against his. He tasted like minty toothpaste as he responded eagerly, roaming his hands down my body. It was almost like a drug, and it was intoxicating being so close to him. A moan escaped from my lips as they parted for the entrance of his tongue.

I gasped as Joey picked us both up, as if we were weightless, and placed me softly on my back without breaking the kiss. Wanting more of him, my hands found their way to the top of the jacket he wore. I tried sliding his sleeves down both arms as Joey groaned. He placed a soft peck on my lips before pulling away from me.

He rose from over the top of me and glanced down at me on the bed. I eyed his swollen lips and got up to stand near him, continuing to undress him, but he stopped me.

"Riley!" He raised his voice in a demanding tone.

I looked up to him. "Is it me?"

"You don't want this. You're just vulnerable. We should stop." He added.

But, I didn't want to.

"I thought you wanted this?" I moaned.

He shook his head. "Not like this."

I slowly sat on the bed after he rejected me. I didn't understand after he'd told me I'm beautiful and after he'd hinted at sex over a million times since we'd met.

"Can you please leave?" I spoke calmly and embarrassed.

His eyebrows rose with confusion. "What? I—"

"Joey, please. I want to be alone."

Fortsätt läs

Du kommer också att gilla

1.7K 76 47
In high school, Riley Evans was the most popular girl in Atlanta. She had the popular jock boyfriend, was the captain of the cheer team, had a large...
763K 24.8K 28
"Maybe I'm supposed to let you go, like I tried to, but I can't, because I'll lose the one person I've ever truly loved." Alec frowned as he stared a...
1.6M 38.1K 71
"𝐌𝐚𝐲𝐛𝐞 𝐈 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐚 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐢𝐧 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐞, 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐦𝐲 𝐰𝐡𝐨𝐥𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲, 𝐄𝐥𝐲𝐬𝐞. 𝐘𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐦𝐲...
31.6K 868 30
❝ We both know she deserves a better boyfriend. But I know she can't leave me. She can't see the problems that I have. She's blinded by love. ❞ Alyy...