The Doctor and The DJ

By Fanfic_watt_writer

Chloe is a doctor and meets Beca who has been in a accident. The two get along really great but Beca has a se... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter: 13
Chapter: 14
Chapter: 15

Chapter 12

2.5K 61 7
By Fanfic_watt_writer

A week later...      

          Beca was lying in bed tired from the day's activities. She had spent some time with her father, she had watched Star Wars with Jesse, she had worked on some killer mixes that she couldn't wait to play at Pulse and she had gone shopping at the mall for a present for Chloe. The mall alone had worn her out considerably.

          There was a knock on her bedroom door and she smiled when she saw Chloe enter. "Jesse's heading out. He told me to tell you you're having another movie marathon tomorrow."

          "Oh yay, I can't wait," Beca said, sarcastically.

          Chloe crawled onto the bed and kissed her girlfriend. When the kiss intensified and Beca slid her hand up Chloe's shirt, Chloe pulled away. "Behave. I heard you had a long day."

          "I can muster up the energy." Beca went in to kiss Chloe but the redhead wouldn't allow it.

          "In the morning... maybe." Chloe kissed Beca on the cheek and cuddled up beside her.

          "How was your day of saving lives?" Beca asked.

          "Tiring but good." Chloe turned so that she was facing her girlfriend. "What'd you do today?"

          "Lots. I went to the mall and I survived. Barely. Why do people just suddenly stop walking in a crowded hallway? They don't have headlights on their ass for me to know that they're stopping."

          Chloe laughed. "Never going to the mall again?"

          "Definitely not. Online shopping is the way to go."

          "Why'd you go today?" Chloe asked. "I doubt you woke up this morning and thought, "hey, I really want to go to the mall and have people grate my nerves."

          "No, my thoughts were more along the lines of, "hey, I really need to get my awesome girlfriend a gift." Beca retrieved a small wrapped up box from under her pillow.

          Chloe's eyes widened as she sat up excitedly. "What's the occasion?"

          Beca shrugged. "Just wanted to get you something." Beca had wanted to get Chloe something now in case she didn't make it to their one-year anniversary.  She wouldn't share that with the redhead, though. It was too depressing of a thought.

          Chloe removed the wrapping paper and was shocked to see a long jewelry box. She looked up at Beca and the brunette laughed.

          "Well open it."

          Chloe opened the box and saw a silver necklace with a blue pendant that matched her eyes.

          "It'll bring out your eyes," Beca said. "I hope you like it. I've never bought anyone jewelry before.

          "It's perfect! You're perfect!" Chloe leaned down to kiss Beca and it quickly turned into a heavy make-out session. Chloe finally pulled away to catch her breath. "We can't."

          Beca sighed. "I know." She took the necklace from her girlfriend and placed it around her neck. She brushed Chloe's hair out of the way and placed a kiss on her neck.

          Chloe turned around to face Beca with a smile. "I really do love it. Thank you."

          "You're welcome. You can think of me when you wear it." Beca rolled her eyes at herself. "That was cheesy. What have you turned me into?"

          Chloe giggled and laid back down with the brunette. "Don't blame me for your sappiness and I don't need a necklace to think about you. I do that enough on my own."

          Beca pulled Chloe into her. "What are you doing tomorrow?"

          "Spending the day with you hopefully. I took the next five days off."

          Beca sat up looking pleased. "You can do that?"

          "I told them I had a family emergency a week ago. I had to finish my surgeries for the week and now I'm all yours for the next few days."

          "We're totally having a picnic at the park among other romantic cliché things."

          "I'm a sucker for romantic cliché things." 

          "Good, and then tomorrow night I want you to join me at Pulse."

          Chloe frowned. "You're working? You're supposed to wait another week."

          "I have one set. One set isn't going to kill me."

          Chloe sighed. "Okay." She had been trying really hard to suppress her overprotective side but that was proving to be difficult for her these last few days. "Have you taken your meds? Have you eaten? I can make you something."

          As Chloe moved to get up, Beca stopped her by wrapping an arm around her waist. "I don't need anything but you right now." Beca had been irritated by Chloe's hovering when she had first left the hospital but quickly realized it was how the redhead was dealing. Chloe was used to fixing things and this wasn't something she could fix so she helped how she could. "Let's go to bed."

          The next night, Chloe entered Pulse with Aubrey and Stacie. "I'll catch up with you at the bar!" she yelled to them over the music. She made her way over to the turntable where Beca was.

          Beca winked at Chloe in greeting but the redhead crossed her arms over her chest and gave her a "you're in trouble" look.

          Beca ended her set and found herself being pulled towards her office. "What'd I do?" she asked once they reached their destination, only the buzzing bass of the music reaching her office.

          "I called you three times. Where's your phone?" Chloe asked. Beca gestured to her desk where her cell phone was and Chloe rolled her eyes. "You need to have it on you at all times, Beca! You know what happens when you miss a call from the hospital letting you know they have a heart for you, right?"

          Beca sighed and leaned against her desk. "Yeah, they give the heart to-,"

          "-to someone who answers their goddamn phone!" Chloe snapped.

          Beca frowned and stood up straight. "Chloe, chill. I'm sorry I didn't have my phone on me."

          Chloe ran a hand through her hair. "No, I'm sorry. That was hulk-Chloe." She wrapped her arms around Beca. "You need your phone on you. It's literally life or death, babe. I'm sorry I yelled. I just... I need you to have that phone with you."

          "I understand. I'm sorry. It was stupid of me to leave it in here. Are we good?"

          Chloe nodded and kissed her girlfriend. "That mix you were playing when I arrived was super epic, by the way."

          Beca smiled happily at the compliment. "I know, right? It's the best mix I've ever done. It's Chloe-inspired so I'm glad you like it."

          "Look at you being all sweet after I just hulked out on you. Again, really sorry."

          "I get it. And you were right. I need to have my phone on me." Beca picked up her phone. "I'll check it every five minutes, I promise. Now come on." Beca tugged Chloe towards the office door. "I have music to play and a sexy girlfriend to watch dance."

Two weeks later...

           Things had been going great for Beca. She had amazing friends, she had become great friends with Aubrey and Stacie, she had an amazing girlfriend and she was enjoying life. So of course when she woke up that morning feeling like shit, she wasn't surprised. Things were going too well. Something had to go wrong eventually and since a month was coming up, she knew exactly what it had to be. Beca felt nauseous as she rolled out of bed and a wave of dizziness hit her. She entered her bathroom just as a coughing fit started.

          Jesse exited his room and knocked on Beca's room door. "Hey, Beca what's on our list of fun things to do today?" When he didn't get an answer he knocked again. "Rise and shine!" He cracked the door open and looked inside. "Beca?" He heard the coughing coming from the bathroom and quickly made his way in that direction. "Hey, are you okay?" He saw the brunette cough up into the sink and frowned. "Beca?" Jesse rushed out of the room and returned with his cell phone to his ear. "I need an ambulance... she has a heart condition and she's coughing up this stuff... I don't know! ...I am calm!" Jesse took a deep breath and looked into the sink. "It's like... pink foamy mucus tinged with blood. What does that mean? ...You don't know? What good are you? Get an ambulance here now!" Jesse hung up the phone and quickly called Aubrey. He knew Beca wouldn't want Chloe worrying. He knelt down beside his best friend who had taken a seat on the floor. "Hey, you're going to be okay."

          "You... don't sound... so sure of that." Beca was having trouble breathing and this worried Jesse even more.

          Jesse heard Aubrey answer her phone and felt a wave of relief wash over him at having someone knowledgeable to help him. "Aubrey, Beca's coughing up pink foamy mucus and she's having shortness of breath. I called an ambulance but what should I be doing until then?"

          "Jesse those are signs of acute heart failure. There's nothing you can do. Just wait for the ambulance. I'm on my way to the hospital now. Have you called Chloe?"

          "No, I haven't."

          "Good. I'll talk to her. Hey, Beca's probably scared. You need to not freak out right now. Keep it together for her. Do you understand?"

          "Yeah.. yes. I got it." Jesse hung up the phone and looked at Beca who had gotten paler. "Hey."

          "Hi." Jesse sat down beside her and she rested her head on his shoulder.

          "If you didn't want to watch The Breakfast Club all you had to do was tell me," Jesse joked.

          Beca smiled. "Don't... make me laugh. It hurts. We... should go... outside."

          "Right, because I hung up on the operator and the EMTs won't know which apartment to go to. I'm such an idiot." Jesse dialed 911 again. "You just relax. You're going to be okay." Jesse wondered if he said it enough if it'd end up being true.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

41.7K 969 18
Set in an alternative universe, Chloe Beale has recently become a regular at Bantam Royal Records where she has developed a massive crush on the new...
19K 619 11
Idea by @endlazz24. Set in an alternative universe, Beca Mitchell is the badass of Barden High. Her friends follow her around like a pack of wolves a...
14.1K 908 39
This story isn't mine, I got the fantastic idea from a wonderful account on Instagram @/bechloecup. Beca Mitchell works as a private investigato...
120K 3.4K 44
Beca Mitchell had a rough start in life. Her parents divorced when she was a child, leaving her without a mother and therefore, Beca distanced hersel...