'Sacmis' (formerly 'Alien Abd...

By AdrianaNicolas

Four women - a lawyer, a teacher, an athlete and a soldier - are abducted by four alien men. The aliens, far... More

Chapter 1: The Lawyer
Chapter 2: The Athlete
Chapter 3: The Teacher
Chapter 4: The Soldier
Chapter 5: Teo
Chapter 6: Matias
Chapter 7: Irvn
Chapter 8: Cymon
Chapter 9: Laura & Teo
Chapter 10: Kate & Matias
Chapter 11: Gemma & Irvn
Chapter 12: Amisha & Cymon
Capter 13: Laura
Chapter 14: Kate
Capter 15: Gemma
Chapter 16: Amisha
Chapter 17: The Virgin
Chapter 18: The Swan
Chapter 19: Could I?
Chapter 20: Escape
Chapter 21: New friends
Chapter 22: Proposal
Chapter 23: Deal
Chapter 24: Guided Tour
Chapter 25: Weightless
Chapter 26: Stargazing
Chapter 27: Running
Chapter 28: Control
Chapter 29: Slaveships
Chapter 31: Touch
Chapter 32: Confession
Chapter 33: Mars Orbit
Chapter 34: Champagne
Chapter 35: New Suits
Chapter 36: Pods
Chapter 37: Merging
Chapter 38: Mars Landing
Chapter 39: Red Sand
Chapter 40: Stranded
Chapter 41: Alone
Chapter 42: Ultimatum
Chapter 43: Abandoned
Chapter 44: Jump
Chapter 45: Waiting Game
Chapter 46: Capture
Chapter 47: Gamble
Chapter 48: Ice Queen
Chapter 49: Too late
Chapter 50: Tests
Chapter 51: Alien plans
Chapter 52: Trojan Horse
Chapter 53: Hope
Chapter 54: Incoming
Chapter 55: Mutiny
Chapter 56: Docking
Chapter 57: No winners
Chapter 58: Reunion
Chapter 59: Night Games
Chapter 60: Embassy
Chapter 61: Floating Away
Chapter 62: The Effect
Chapter 63: Dinner date
Chapter 64: Return
Chapter 65: Phuket
Chapter 66: The Council
Chapter 67: Consequences

Chapter 30: Departure

5K 314 21
By AdrianaNicolas

Arriving on the Bridge, they found the other three Aliens stationed behind the largest of the control consoles. Their couches were now semi-reclined, with the controls and instruments rotated into position above them.

They stood to greet the women, then led each of them to a row of seats positioned behind their own.

“These are acceleration couches,” explained Teo, as he led Laura to one of them, “designed to cushion you against any movement.”

The couch was orthopedically shaped - like a dentist’s chair - covered with a soft layer that moulded itself to her shape. Teo showed her how to fasten the straps: one went round her thighs, the other round her waist.

She looked across and grinned at the others who were also in the process of being strapped in.

It was Gemma who started it.

“Ladies and Gentlemen, on behalf of Captain Irvn and his crew, I’d like to welcome you to this Atrian airlines flight to Mars, Jupiter and Saturn…”

“…the Captain has turned on the fasten seat belt sign,” continued Kate, “so please make sure your seat belts are securely fastened and your tables are in the upright position…”

“…please give your full attention as the flight attendants demonstrate the safety features of this aircraft,” added Laura.

“Captain to cabin crew, doors on automatic, cross-check and report,” said Amisha, before she dissolved into giggles along with the others.

There was an electronic whir as Teo’s chair rotated until he was facing them. He was smiling.

“Let me tell you what’s about to happen,” he said. “To start, we have to break away from the light gravitational field of the Moon, reposition the ship for Mars launch, then use full engine power for about 10 minutes. This will accelerate us to two-thirds light speed, before we cut the engines. While all this is happening, you will feel shifts in gravity: sometimes you’ll feel almost weightless, at others - especially when the engines come in - you’ll feel heavier than normal. Understood?”

“Roger that, Mr Spock,” said Amisha.

Teo’s couch swung back into the forward position.

The next few minutes were both alarming and exciting. It began with a hum that came from somewhere behind them, growing to a low-frequency rumble that they could feel through the couches as well as hear. Looking ahead through the panoramic view that curved half way round the bridge, they could see the Moon start to slip past to one side, until it disappeared from view altogether. To begin with they felt a slight reduction in gravity - not weightlessness - but enough to reduce the pressure of their bodies on the couches. Then the sound from the engines rose to a higher pitch and the vibrations increased in intensity then - suddenly - it felt as if the ship had been released like an arrow from a bow and a massive hand was pressing them down and back into the couches. The view ahead blurred as stars and sun distorted and elongated, points of light stretching into bright lines, creating a vortex down which they seemed to be hurtling.

In front of them, they could see the Aliens’ hands adjusting various controls, their heads turning one way and the other to check the screens in front of them. Occasionally, they spoke to each other in their own language. Even though the words were indecipherable, the calmness of their tone was enough to reassure the women that this was routine.

Then just when it felt as if the pressure would never let up, it was gone. Their bodies resumed their normal weight and they turned to smile reassuringly at each other at an ordeal passed.

“You can undo the straps now,” said Matias, moving to help Kate.

As the women stood up, Teo pointed out into space.

“Look - there’s our destination.”

Their field of view was dense with stars, brighter than they ever looked from Earth, stretching away to infinity in all directions, but dead centre was one far brighter and larger than all the rest, glowing rust-red. 

“That’s Mars,” said Teo, “the Red Planet.”

Even as they watched, it seemed to be growing in size. Clearly visible were two other shapes slowly orbiting it.

“Phobos and Deimos,” said Teo, “the two moons of Mars.”

“Phobos is almost twice the size of Deimos and both are much, much smaller than your Moon,” added Matias.

“We should reach Mars orbit sometime tonight,” said Irvn. 

“Thanks for the astronomy lesson,” said Laura, “but we have more serious stuff to talk about.”

The other women nodded.

“From what Irvn told Gemma,” continued Laura, “your planet has built a fleet capable of abducting women in their thousands. This ship apparently being one of them. ”

The Aliens remained silent.

“Assuming we believe the four of you when you say you’re against the plan, it doesn’t alter the fact that your being here is a major threat to women on Earth.”

“But we have no intention of revealing Earth’s location,” said Teo.

“You say that,” replied Amisha, “but what if you were followed?”

“We’ve been here nearly two of your years,” said Matias, “and no ships have appeared yet.”

“On top of the two years it took us to get here,” added Cymon.

The women took a moment to digest this.

“That,” said Laura, “is reassuring - up to a point. But I’m not sure you guys have really thought this through. If you go home, I doubt they’ll welcome you with open arms - and they’re bound to find out where you’ve been and what you’ve been up to. So what’s the plan? Live on this ship forever?”

The Aliens looked at each other and seemed to reach a silent agreement. It was Matias who spoke for them.

“One possibility we considered…was to start a new life somewhere else.”

“You mean on Earth?” said Kate.

“Possibly. Or on another planet with a suitable environment.”

“So there’s a bit more to it than just getting your leg over?” said Amisha.

The Aliens said nothing.

“This is probably a good time to remind you of your promise to return us to Earth after our sightseeing tour. Founding a new civilisation wasn’t in the job description.”

“We will stand by our word,” said Irvn, “after two weeks you’ll be returned. If that’s what you still want.”

“I think you can count on that,” said Gemma, immediately confirmed by nods from the others.

“We have something for you,” said Matias, holding out what looked like four flat silver straps about three centimetres wide.

Warily, the women each took one. They resembled a wide but incredibly slim watch strap, inset with a screen that currently showed the time.

“They’re communicators,” said Matias, “so you can easily talk to us or to each other. Just speak the name of the person you want to connect to, then hold it in front of your face to see and be seen.”

Amisha was turning hers over, examining it carefully. “Where’s the Apple logo?” she said.

“They’re pretty much indestructible - and waterproof,” said Cymon, “you can even wear them in the shower.”

“Nice try,” said Kate, “but I think I’ll take mine off for that.” 

“They only connect if you swipe to answer,” replied Cymon defensively “ - just like a cellphone.”

“Cool,” said Gemma, wrapping hers round her wrist. It gripped gently without any sign of a fastener. She lifted it to her face and spoke ‘Kate’ and it was immediately answered by a gentle warble on Kate’s.

“Major Tom to ground control,” said Gemma, “come in please.”

“This is ground control to Major Tom,” replied Kate, laughing.

“Who is Major Tom?” asked Irvn

“I can see we’re going to have to work on your musical education,” said Gemma.

© Adriana Nicolas 2014 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

170 13 32
STATUS: COMPLETED. Their worlds have been shattered by evils they weren't able to stop. Their powers, a reminder to all that they have lost. But whe...
1.2M 4.2K 8
The aliens came here for one thing, and one thing only.... Females. ( This story is only available through inkitt or galatea!!!) (some read events ma...
3.2K 256 47
Prisha has always thought herself the adventurous type. During an overnight hiking trip with her sister, her daring is tested when she encounters an...
4.9K 465 38
Elodie's life changes at the turn of a doorknob when she is forced into joining a secret organization that claims to be protecting the Earth from ali...