Soulmate

By awakefics

There are people in the world who are born to be together, soulmates. Upon reaching the age of twelve, a sin... More

Disclaimer
Prologue
One: Ophelia
Two: Jin
Three: Jin
Four: Jin
Five: Ophelia
Six: Jin
Eight: Jin
Nine: Ophelia
Ten: Jin
Eleven: Jin
Twelve: Ophelia
Thirteen: Ophelia
Fourteen: Jin
Fifteen: Jungkook
Sixteen: Jin
Seventeen: Jin
Eighteen: Jin
Nineteen: Jin
Twenty: Jin
Twenty One
Twenty Two: Yoongi
Twenty Three: Jin
Twenty Four: Jin
Twenty Five: Jin
Twenty Six: Jin
Twenty Seven: Ophelia
Twenty Eight: Jungkook
Twenty Nine: Taehyung
Thirty: Ophelia
Thirty One: Jin
Thirty Two: Ophelia
Thirty Three: Ophelia
Thirty Four: Ophelia
Thirty Five: Ophelia
Thirty Six: Ophelia
Thirty Seven: Ophelia
Thirty Eight: Jin
Thirty Nine: Ophelia
Forty: Jin
Forty One: Ophelia
Forty Two: Jin
Forty Three: Ophelia
Forty Four: Jin
Forty Five: Ophelia
Forty Six: Ophelia
Forty Seven: Jin
Forty Eight: Ophelia
Forty Nine: Ophelia
Fifty: Ophelia
Fifty One: Ophelia
Fifty Two: Ophelia
Fifty Three: Ophelia
Fifty Four: Ophelia
Fifty Five: Ophelia
Epilogue: Jin
Epilogue: Yoongi
Epilogue: Jungkook
Epilogue: Taehyung
Epilogue: Namjoon
Epilogue: Hoseok
Epilogue: Jimin
Acknowledgements

Seven: Jin

10.7K 438 121
By awakefics

May 12, 2019
Chicago, Illinois

"She went home," Taehyung says, as if it was obvious

"She just...went home?" Hoseok asks.

He speaks for the whole groups when he asks this, especially with the confused tone to his voice.

"of course she went home," Namjoon says through his mouthful of waffles. "She's underage. Legally, she wasn't even allowed to be out past midnight. And we weren't allowed to bring her back to the hotel without her parents' permission, so she had to call them and ask if she could come back with us and everything."

"She had to call and have someone pick her up, too," Taehyung says.

"Well," Jungkook sighs out in exasperation. "Thank God my soulmate is twenty-three."

Taehyung rolls his eyes.

"They had to make some adjustments to the contract, too," Namjoon tells us. "Taehyung had to sign one as well."

"Wait, seriously?" Jungkook's eyes are wide and round when he says this, completely unable to comprehend the situation. I roll my eyes. He acts like he wasn't underage less than five years ago.

"Of course he did, you idiot," I say. "Their relationship is illegal. In both countries!"

"What were the adjustments?" Jimin asks.

Taehyung sighs. "We can't show any kind of physical affection or skin ship until she's eighteen, just in case they decide to release a legal statement early to protect my image. So, like, no holding hands, no hugging, things like that. We can't kiss each other until she's nineteen, and—"

The man cuts himself off, looking over to Namjoon for permission. When the leaders nods, Taehyung's cheeks turn bright red and he looks down at his breakfast plate.

"No sexual activity of any kind until she's twenty," he mumbles. "They're also going to monitor all of our text messages, phone calls, videos calls, everything until she's nineteen. And we can't be alone together. Until she's twenty, that is."

Jungkook scoffs. "That's stupid. It's not like you guys chose to meet when she was still underage. You guys didn't even choose each other! All the rules don't make sense to me."

"It's illegal, Jungkook," Taehyung says obviously.

"There shouldn't be laws against that stuff! Not for soulmates!"

"It's not a big deal, JK," Taehyung mumbles. "We don't even know each other. I wouldn't sleep with someone I don't know, especially if she's underage."

"Whatever," the maknae huffs out. He continues to eat his breakfast in silence.

"When's she turn eighteen?" Yoongi asks.

"Like, four months," Taehyung answers around his pancakes. "Her birthday is in August, so..."

"Oh, so that's not too bad."

"The guy's still gonna be a virgin for two years, though," Jungkook says loudly.

Everyone is silent.

"Jungkook..." Taehyung whines, covering his cherry red face. "Don't say things like that."

"Yeah, don't you remember? He lost his virginity at fourteen," Namjoon teases.

I snort at that.

Taehyung covers his face with his shirt. "Can you stop, please? It's been years since that rumor spread."

Jungkook shrugs. "Enjoy your virginity for another two years, hyung."

"Jungkook!"

"Oh my god, Hope's gonna meet us in New York."

I look over at Jungkook. He lays in his bed, lips making a little 'o.' 

"And she's coming to New Jersey with us, too!" He giggles, showing me the confirmation email from our company's lawyers (in both English and Korean). His phone rings and he answers it instantly. 

"Hey, baby," he says in a smooth and loving voice. 

"Hello, my love," she replies with a soft giggle. 

"Jungkook, your English is so good these days!" I say loudly. 

"Hyung! Shush!"

"HI HOOOOOOOOPE!" 

I can hear her laughter on the other end as Jungkook starts kicking his legs at me. 

"Nooo! I wanna talk to Jin!"  Hope laughs softly. 

I smirk successfully when Jungkook begrudgingly turns his phone so I can see Hope on the FaceTime screen. 

"Hi, Jinnie!" 

"Hiiiiii," I say in a sing-song voice. "You coming to NY?!" 

"Yes! To see my Jungkookie." 

"No, stop," Jungkook whines. "Not Jungkookie." 

I smile when Hope laughs at him. 

"So,"  she says. "Taehyung has a soulmate?" 

Jungkook nods. "They met last night," he says in a slow, concentrated voice. "At the concert. She was...with the ARMYs. By the stage, and..." He gestures with his hands as he articulates carefully. His amazing improvements in English never fail to amaze. 

"Can I meet her when I see you?" 

The boy shakes his head. "Too young." 

Hope's eyes widen. "How old is she?" 

"Seventeen. They have so much rules. No hands, no kissing. They can do, like, nothing." 

She shakes her head in amazement on the screen. "How does Taehyung feel? About...everything?" 

Jungkook laughs lightly. "He cried. He was so happy, but sad to leave. She can't come stay in Korea like you." 

"But he's happy, right?" 

The youngest nods before picking up the phone and leaning back on his pillows. 

"I'm excited to see you tomorrow," he says quietly. 

"I miss you." 

"I miss you, too," he sighs. "I love you." 

"I love you more." 

I gag loudly and roll over onto my side. I cover my shoulder with my blankets, hiding my teary eyes from the two young people in love. I hate when I feel jealous, especially of my youngest member. He didn't ask to meet his soulmate before me, I have no right to feel any anger towards him or Hope. I'm just lonely. It makes me feel old. 

"Goodnight, hyung,"  Jungkook calls softly as I pretend to be falling asleep. 

"Goodnight, Jinnie,"  Hope calls after in her lilting, songbird-like voice. 

My cold heart melts a bit at their angelic kindness. The two of them are so sweet and gentle with everyone they meet. They really are perfect for each other. I can't help but love them both more than I already do. 

"Goodnight," I reply. I close my eyes and listen to Jungkook as he leans back onto his pillows and talks quietly with his soulmate. 

Someday, Jin,  I think to myself. Be patient. 

I've had to say that to myself often in just these few days. 

just a little filler chapter. unfortunately fillers are necessary too  :(( 

but don't worry, the story's moving right along starting next chapter! 

i'm literally so excited for the next chapter hehehehe omg you guys have no idea it's bout to get crazy this is your only warning to turn back. if life is too dramatic, i don't want fictional life to get too dramatic 

i'm kidding, it's gonna be amazing. wild, but amazing. 

make sure you don't forget that i like angst as we move forward; it might keep ya'll sane. 

cay💕 

1009 words 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

108K 3.6K 38
On your 21st birthday, for 1 month, every day, for 1 hour, you and your soul mate switch bodies. This is a Kim NamJoon fan fic and all the events th...
175K 9.5K 38
Soulmate AU In a world where you are born with a black ink somewhere on your body that decolorizes only when your soulmate touches you after you're e...
105K 4.8K 59
COMPLETE: Growing up everyone knew about soulmates. A mark would appear on your body on your 16th birthday and the person who shared your mark was y...
141K 6.6K 29
In Jimin's world, you are born with a tattoo on your left wrist. It represents your soulmate. For him, he was born with a bunny wearing a bow-tie. T...