Infinite Stratos X Neglected...

By Karna-the-lancer

I say this for every book, but I own nothing. More

Chapter 1: New Arrival
Chapter 2: The Dead Soldier
Chapter 3: The bet
Chapter 4: The prototype
Chapter 5: A Sniper, A Sword, And A Soldier
Chapter 6: Family, Pride, and...
Chapter 7: Even Until His Final Breath
Chapter 8: Two New Addition
Chapter 9: Another Problem
Chapter 10: A...Minor Change
Chapter 11: A Time to Relax
Chapter 12: New Homes Are Cold
Chapter 14: Echoing Bells
Chapter 15: A day Off
Chapter 16: New Students
Chapter 17: Airport Pickup
Chapter 18: Germany's Respect
Chapter 19: Confrontation
Chapter 20: Seven Attempts, Eight Losses
Chapter 21: Stars Align
Chapter 22: A Culprit
Chapter 23: From Bad to Worse
Chapter 24: Sharp Experiences

Chapter 13: Recommendation...Seraph!

12K 224 201
By Karna-the-lancer

3rd POV

The crowds were roaring, excited to see the next fight of the first official male pilot. All of them on the edge of their seats for his next presentation.

He had gone toe to toe with another representative contender and the only other male I.S pilot, and managed to win. Not only that, he held the advantage throughout most of the fight. He had taken a mortal wound, kept going, and finally, made Cecilia Alcott give up. All the while not speaking, just as the announcer had told him to do.

He was already up again, out of recovery from such an attack, and was now fighting a one-on-one, no one could guess what would happen.

The leaders from several countries were all waiting in their respective seats in the VIP stands above the crowds, waiting to observe the one that would take the stage.

However, they didn't recognize him as the first male pilot, or even a student. They could only admit to recognizing him and acknowledging him as the Ghost

"I'm curious, what is your plan?"

"To what?"

"To bring him over to your side. What else would I be speaking about?"

The chatter of the leaders of various countries was...casual. They all spoke as if old friends, though all plotting the same thing.

To them, the Ghost was someone well known. The perfect, loyal soldier of the United States. The one that completed his missions without fail and practically without mistakes. They couldn't care less if he was the first male pilot, the attention and title was nice, but it wasn't they wanted. They wanted Yn for themselves, for their country.

"He's talented and skilled. He has nothing that he is desiring for except for more experience. He is financially stable, he has high social status that he doesn't care for, and is powerful by himself enough to rival entire groups of pilots."

"All true. But let's not forget his ties to Miss Shinonono. She seems to have a soft spot for him, and is constantly in contact with him. I hear she even helped build his I.S personally."

"Lest we not forget his achievements in the underground. Not many organizations would want to threaten whichever country has him....actually..."

"Yes, I know. I've heard the rumors. He is after Phantom Task. A troublesome group, though we can't afford to be mixed up with them unless we have him."

"You all shouldn't write off the other Children of the white night. Those two are also quite the force, best of all is that they'll follow the Ghost no matter where he goes. The three of them together make quite the formidable team."

The number of country leaders rallied up to over one hundred, that went to show how much of an influence the soldier had on the world. Many were going back and forth, continuously singing praises of the young boy, though all secretly just trying to gather more information from the others.

Sadly for them, for the next three years, dear Yn would be out of their grasp. At least in the eyes of the public.

During all this, while the crowds were waiting for the match to start somewhere in the hour, Yn was called upon in his hanger. The familiar voice getting closer and closer as she cheered happily.

"(N/n)-chan!"

"Here she comes," Kaede sighed, taking a step back.

"I believe you two should also step back," Advising both Kuro and Kirin, they listened, moving themselves out of the line of fire as a pink-haired projectile crashed into Yn, causing him to slide back a few meters.

Looking back over, the three girls viewed the scene of one Tabane Shinonono snuggling into Yn's chest, giggling happily as he had caught her, carrying her like he would a princess.

"(N/n)-chan! I missed you!" She exclaimed happily, wrapping her arms around his neck, "Have you been doing well?"

"There have been no issues with my current state. Though my combat effectiveness has been low as of late," he told her. "What business do you have here Miss Tabane?" He tilted his head as he asked.

With a pout of her cheeks, she lightly hit his chest.

"You know I don't like you calling me that," she mumbled.

"I think it's because of the school. He has had to call you that whenever mentioning you," Kuro chipped in.

When Tabane met Kuro's gaze, there was a cold silence for a moment.

"Kuro-chan!" Leaping from Yn's arms, Tabane tackles Kuro to the ground. "You've grown since the last time I saw you!"

"Me too! Me too!" Kirin, not wanting to be left out, jumped on Tabane's back, giggling as she did so.

"Kirin-chan!" Tabane cheered, seemingly unaffected by extra weight on her, though Kuro was being crushed underneath the weight of the two.

After their fit of giggling and catching up, and Kirin stating that both she and Yn will need new knives, which was followed by a lot of scolding, they finally managed to calm down.

"Alright alright. It's good to see you, Tabane, but what is it you came here for?" Kaede asked the question that had been burning in her mind for a while.

"Hey there Kea-Chan!" I like the others, Tabane's attempt to tackle Kaede into a hug was interrupted the bottom of Kaede's foot being placed on her head to prevent the mad scientist from going any further.

"Ah, you're so mean, Kea-chan!" Fake elf ears ran down the robotic bunny eater girl. "How could you do this to your old friend?"

"I don't want to be crushed. My body isn't like that of those three," she stated, pointing at the three pilots to her right.

"I was going to hold back!"

"Were you?"

"...yes."

"Were you?"

"..."

"Were you?"

"...no."

She had defeated the invincible genius with just words, two words repeated. The mad scientist slumped on the floor with an adorable frown.

"Exactly," Kaede was used to this, she had known Tabane the longest, and therefore was used to it.

"As much as I'd like to catch up, I'm only here to make some deliveries today since your match is going to start soon. Though I'll be watching at home I'll be coming sometime tomorrow for your check-up, okay~?" Tabane sang out cheerfully, though it was obvious to them that she wanted to stay longer.

"Why did you not send Chloe? If you are busy then it would have been far more efficient to send her in your place," Yn asked.

Because she wants to see us, obviously.

"Exactly right Throne!" Tabane giggled. "Though I also came to give you the reward I promised. That and I came to give Crown back. She's been updated and remade as better than new!"

Does that mean I can start operating more often now?

Hopefully, it's strange not having you here with us.

"If this is the case, my combat capability has risen to acceptable levels. Thank you, Miss Tabane," Yn bowed.

Tabane immediately frowned once again. "Bad (N/n)-chan!" she chopped his head lightly, "I won't be giving you a thing until you call me normally!" she puffed her cheeks out, crossed her arms, and turned her head away like a child.

"I understand. I apologize for my error, Tabane-chan, please forgive me this one time," he bowed his head once more.

"..." she stayed silent for a moment, "Only if you promise to go into town with me after I'm done your check-up tomorrow..." she spoke quietly, "You'll have to do what I say."

"Shall I include an all you can eat buffet, shopping spree, and massage into the schedule for tomorrow then?"

The second his sentence was finished, he found himself holding Tabane in his arms once again as she laughed, snuggling into him once again with the happiest smile on her face.

"You know exactly what I like. You-re my favorite (N/n)-chan~!" she sang with joy.

Meanwhile, the three girls just observed the situation. By observe, the reality of the situation was Kaede and Kuro were both holding the last member of the group back. Kirin was trying to join in on the fun that she believed Yn and Tabane were having, the best way to join, by their usual interactions, was to attack them both with the knife she had in her hands.

Though the face she was making as she struggled in the other two's grasp was beyond cute. She was puffing her cheeks with a comical tear at the corner of her eye as she struggled, whining like a child that she wanted to join.

"Now, let's give you back Crown, please do as you always do."

With those few words, Yn fell to one knee, keeping his head down as if bowing to her like a knight. Tabane reached her hand out, gentle caressing it through his (H/c) hair. He hand gently glided down the side of his head, making its way down to his neck, dragging her soft fingers along the toughened skin before her hand moved once again. Her fingers ran along his neck until the rested underneath his chin. With little effort and a very soft touch, she gently tilted his head up so his gaze would meet hers.

"(N/n)-chan, I'm sorry. I've always been so sorry for what I did to you. For what I'm still trying to fix," she apologized, her smile becoming distant and sad. "You've had to go weeks without Crown, so I know that Castle has been inactive, and I know it hurts you. I'm sorry for not getting everything done faster."

She was not asking for forgiveness. She did not believe she deserved it. It was a fact known between the small group that she blamed herself for everything that had happened to Yn, that it was her fault he was the way he is. Though the truth was...

She is.

"I have already forgiven you. I thought this was made clear?" he asked, his eyes never faltered, keeping to Tabane's line of sight. His mind was unaffected by her plea's of apologies. "Pain is nothing new to me, physical, psychological, emotional. When done so in comparison to the past, these past weeks are but a small cut."

Oh but how deep that cut could be was the problem. And sadly, it was not the first, and even worse, it would definitely not be the last.

Tabane knew, there was only one way she would be able to forgive herself. She needed to cure Yn of what she had plagued him with. That torture, that disease, that one mistake that started it all. Had she not been overwhelmed with emotion, he would not have to suffer like this. She was another example to him of why emotions were problematic.

She was the root of it all. The project, his body, his emotions, his future, his pain. All of it. All of it could be traced back to her. One could even say that she was the cause of his soul.

She knew it better than anyone. The one he looked up to was Kaede, but the one he respected, the one that he would follow, the one that gave him everything, the one that he could never betray...and the one that he would give his life for...it was none other than her.

Yn was complicated. Or rather, his life was. He hadn't even become an adult, yet his experiences, everything he's gone through, it was all so complicated, and it was far more then any one person should ever have to go through.

"I know, Little (N/n)-chan, I know," she spoke softly, like the wind whispering in his ear. Her eyes threatened to spill tears, but she held firm, for his match was soon. She didn't want to worry him.

"Let me take away some of that pain. I promise, one day, I'll make sure you'll never have to suffer like this again," she stated.

"I apologize, but doing so would take time out of your busy schedule. I do not wish to disrupt your life and work, so please do not worry about me as much as you currently are," he humbly asked.

It was sad for her. Yn was a kind soul, so much so that he would ask she not save him, but focus on her own life. Words could not express the guilt she felt when knowing this fact. It only made her guilt run even deeper into her core.

But with that guilt came determination! She told herself she'd find a way to help him, to rid both herself and him of the weight of the curse she had placed upon him. Through this new technology had been developed, and while it did not rid him of his problem, it did slow it down substantially.

She didn't know how long she stared into his eye, that one singular eye. It seemed so blank, lacking life, only an endless void behind it. But that void was not at all as much a problem that people would think it would be. That void was not darkness, but it neither had any light. There was nothing about it that was endless, it was the wrong word used to describe it. It was just...empty.

His eyelid slowly dropped, as if he was peacefully falling into the sweet embrace of slumber, waiting for the light of day to awaken him.

"Here. Let's make you whole again," slowly and gracefully bending down, her touch was gentle and sweet. Tabane's lips met Yn's, and after a moment that seemed to drag on forever for both Tabane and the three girls, though for different reasons, Yn's eyepatch, the symbol upon it, started to glow faintly.

It was only when Tabane pulled away with rosy cheeks, did chatter begin once again.

I'm back! Did you all miss me~?

Crown! You've finally finished up!

Thank god, I can stay up more now. No need to stay deactivated most of the time.

Hey Throne! Hey Castle! Did you guys have any fun without me?

Would you call kicking the ass of a certain idiot fun?

"It's good to have you back Crown. Castle hasn't been active as much without you," Yn commented.

"Since your match is going to start in a few minutes, may as well give you your reward~" Tabane cheered, though before she could do anything, both Kuro and Kirin came crashing into Yn's back with adorable cute expressions with puffed-out cheeks. They both had their arms around his neck as they dangled on his back.

"Do you always have to do that when giving him one of them back?" Kuro asked with obvious jealousy in her voice.

Tabane giggled once again in amusement as she watched as Yn moved his arms back a little, both Kuro and Kirin swinging themselves around to land in them. They were both now in front, arms still around his neck, but they each sat on one of his forearms, and it didn't seem as if he had any trouble in keeping them there.

"Of course I do, silly, why else would I do it~?" she placed a finger to her chin with a mischevious smirk plastered on her face.

"Yn," Kirin whined, drawing his attention to her. She was like a puppy wanting affection. "I want one of your massages right after this match. You never gave me one yet!" she demanded of him.

"Understood, it shall be done."

"For now though, his arms need to be free to receive his reward," Tabane told the two girls, though they refused to move, they soon came under the wrath of Kaede who forced them both away so Yn could get ready for his match in a few minutes.

"Alright, stick out your arms," she advised him and so he did as he was told.

"Here you go!" pulling a large object that was wrapped in golden wrapping paper out of nowhere, she effortlessly placed it in his hands, that being said it was quite large, showing the need for why the girls needed to get off.

"What is it-"

Wha-?!

H-huh?!

Yes! Nailed it!

The three male voices had the same type of reaction, Yn being one of them, while the one feminine voice, Crown, cheered and laughed.

Tabane had stolen another kiss, moving in at the perfect time when Yn had let his guard down. Wrapping her arms around his neck as she stood on her toes, she held him there, though he didn't move back in the slightest.

Looking over in the corner of her eye, she witnessed as the three other girls were trying their hardest not to charge over, even Kaede. All of their faces were red either from blushing, or anger. So Tabane sent a playful wink at them as if to say "You're falling behind~"

After a moment or so, she finally pulled back, though the girls finally witnessed how far she had gone when there was a very noticeable string of saliva connecting the lips of the two.

"Consider that another part of your reward, and for good luck," she winked at him.

"I appreciate it. Thank you, Tabane-chan," even with the current events, his expression and voice did not change even the slightest, though it was still enough for the genius before him.

"Well, I'll see you tomorrow, after all, we will be spending the whole day alone together~" she teased the three watchers, though regretted it just the tiniest bit as she witnessed them all take up arms. Kuro with a giant scythe of flames on one side of her weapon and a hammer on the other, Kirin with a giant sword and several knives, and the soldier, Kaede cocking back one of several firearms that appeared around her.

...We should probably leave.

A wise suggestion.

I agree. Let's ditch.

The three concluded the same thing, to which Yn could not refute. Walking away from the sounds of destruction and gunfire behind him, he unwrapped the present he was given, and while his reaction was nonexistent, it was different for his companions.

...Oh fuck the hell yes!

Hope you like it!

The crowds roars echoed as the Chinese representative flew in the air, a confident smile on her face in front of the world that was watching.

Though, as if history was repeating itself, all became quiet as the footsteps of the second contender got closer and closer.

Tap

Tap

Tap

They echoed once more. Not a single sound was made but the sound of his footwear against the metal of the hanger. Once again coming out into the light, the audience awaited his transformation, but his eye was focused on his opponent.

Recommendation...Seraph!

The light from hi eyepatch once again engulfed him, but what came out was different from what they were expecting. It was similar, but...different. It was...heavy.

Even as the monitors around the arena enclosed in on him, a picture from his first battle sat to the left of him, and the difference was now clear.

It was larger, the weapons as well. Not only that, but his left arm was no longer a mini-gun. It was an attachment to his forearm, meaning he now had two hands to use, but even then, his arm was still covered in armor.

Finally, was a weapon that materialized in his left hand, the present and reward he had just recently gained.

"Wha...what is that?!" Chifuyu exclaimed in shock from the monitoring room.

"Is that..." Rin stumbled to speak the words of the weapon that was only recognized as a theory, there hadn't even been plans for the prototype or any knowledge of how to build it, but she somehow already knew what it was. "A...gravity hammer...?"

It's my fault. If I hadn't done that to Yn back then...if I just...dammit. He was only an...He wasn't even...but I couldn't hold back my anger toward those bastards! If I had just thought about it...Yn wouldn't be in this state. Yn...please just wait a little bit longer. I'll save you, I promise!

-Tabane

A/n: Okay so there was no battle. I got too into the chapter and ran out of time, but I think I left it on a good note. I'm sure some things have been revealed, but what is it that Tabane did to you? What is it she won't forgive herself for? Can you guess the right answer? Well anyways, I hope you all enjoyed the chapter. Until next time. Bye!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

27.2K 724 7
Because of circumstances, this book won't be continued unfortunately. Feel free to check out my other stuff! Thank you for understanding!
10.5K 89 17
I only own the storyline. EVERYTHING ELSE BELONGS TO THE ORIGINAL OWNERS. happy reading and pls don't sue me.
52.1K 875 23
Izuku Midoriya is the Green Arrow. I own nothing in this story
24K 408 19
i don't own any of the characters.