The Mafia And His Queen

By Miss-Lynn

β€’ Roxie is running away from her past with her seven year old daughter. After moving to a new city, she ends... More

Before You Read - πŸ–€
Chapter 1 - πŸ–€
Chapter 2 - πŸ–€
Chapter 3 - πŸ–€
Chapter 4 - πŸ–€
Chapter 5 - πŸ–€
Chapter 6 - πŸ–€
Chapter 7 - πŸ–€
Chapter 9 - πŸ–€
Chapter 10 - πŸ–€
Chapter 11 - πŸ–€
Chapter 12 - πŸ–€
Chapter 13 - πŸ–€
Chapter 14 - πŸ–€
Chapter 15 - πŸ–€
Chapter 16 - πŸ–€
Chapter 17 - πŸ–€
Chapter 18 - πŸ–€
Chapter 19 - πŸ–€
Chapter 20 - πŸ–€
Chapter 21 - πŸ–€
Chapter 22 - πŸ–€
Chapter 23 - πŸ–€
Chapter 24 - πŸ–€
Chapter 25 - πŸ–€
Chapter 26 - πŸ–€
Chapter 27 - πŸ–€
Chapter 28 - πŸ–€
Chapter 29 - πŸ–€
Chapter 30 - πŸ–€
Chapter 31 - πŸ–€
Chapter 32 - πŸ–€
Chapter 33 - πŸ–€
Chapter 34 - πŸ–€
Chapter 35 - πŸ–€
Chapter 36 - πŸ–€
Chapter 37 - πŸ–€
Chapter 38 - πŸ–€
Chapter 39 - πŸ–€
Chapter 40 - πŸ–€
Chapter 41 - πŸ–€
Chapter 42 - πŸ–€
Chapter 43 - πŸ–€
Chapter 44 - πŸ–€
Chapter 45 - πŸ–€
Chapter 46 - πŸ–€
Chapter 47 - πŸ–€
Chapter 48 - πŸ–€
Chapter 49 - πŸ–€
Chapter 50 - πŸ–€
Chapter 51 - πŸ–€
Chapter 52 - πŸ–€
Chapter 53 - πŸ–€
Chapter 54 - πŸ–€
Chapter 55 - πŸ–€
Chapter 56 - πŸ–€
Chapter 57 - πŸ–€
Chapter 58 - πŸ–€
Chapter 59 - πŸ–€
Chapter 60 - πŸ–€
Chapter 61 - πŸ–€
Chapter 62 - πŸ–€
Chapter 63 - πŸ–€
Chapter 64 - πŸ–€
Chapter 65 - πŸ–€
Chapter 66 - πŸ–€
Chapter 67 - πŸ–€
Chapter 68 - πŸ–€
Chapter 69 - πŸ–€
Chapter 70 - πŸ–€
Bonus Chapter - πŸ–€
New Book Announcement - πŸ–€

Chapter 8 - πŸ–€

161K 3.7K 2.6K
By Miss-Lynn

•Roxie's POV ~

In the past three weeks, no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't shake off Damon. He seemed to be everywhere and it was nearly impossible for me to ignore him. Especially because he's my boss.

I ended up meeting his brother Jax, who was very nice to me. Damon told me that he has another brother but I haven't met him yet. Kole and I still don't get along.

I tried talking to him a few times so we could start fresh but he dismissed me every time after giving me snarky ass comments, earning himself a smack in the head from Damon.

A couple of times, Damon actually looked like he wanted to hit him in the face or worse. It made me a bit uneasy but Damon always seemed to notice because he would instantly calm down.

The last time Kole said something rude to me, Damon grabbed him by the throat and told him something too low for me to hear but just enough to make Kole apologize and run away with his tail between his legs.

He's never been rude to me since then. Actually, he's never acknowledged me now that I think about it. Hmm... I wonder what Damon told him.

As I was grabbing my purse from behind the bar and getting ready to leave, a voice that I know all too well spoke up, sending butterflies straight into my stomach.

"Go out to dinner with me tomorrow night." He tells me like it wasn't a question.

Standing up straight from behind the bar, I look at Damon, cross my arms over my chest and raise an eyebrow at him.

He has been asking me out non-stop. Well, telling me to go out with him since I'm pretty sure he's never asked any girl out on a date a day in his life before.

I always declined and told him that I was busy. It wasn't necessarily a lie. I was busy spending my time with Lily. He doesn't need to know about that though. I know what you're thinking and no, he still doesn't know about Lily even though she basically knows about him thanks to Vanessa and her big mouth.

Surprisingly, Lily wants me to go out with Damon. She keeps telling me it would make her happy. She doesn't know that I know this but once when I was cleaning her room, I found drawings that she made. They were hidden in a shoebox underneath her bed.

They were all stick figure drawings of me holding one of Lily's hands and a man holding her other hand.

It doesn't take a genius to know that Lily was drawing a dad in her life... a family. I know she wants a father. Every child wants both parents but she only started drawing these pictures after Vanessa kept talking about Damon around her.

Now every time I see Damon, I can't help but imagine the three of us together. I always push those thoughts away as quickly as they come. I barely know Damon. He doesn't even know about Lily and although he acts as if he wants me now, that could easily change when he finds out about her... if he does.

Shaking my head, I focus all of my attention on Damon again and tell him bluntly, "I'm sorry, Damon. The answer is no."

Chuckling, he says, "No, I'm sorry. I wasn't asking, il mio amore."

I roll my eyes while I walk past him. He quickly wraps an arm around my waist, pulls me into his chest, and places his free hand on my ass while mumbling in my ear, "Roll your eyes at me again and I'll spank you."

"Damon!" I turn around and yell at him while trying my best to glare even though deep down, I kind of liked it.

He winks and places a finger lightly over his lips, "Shh... save the screaming for the bedroom, amore. I'll pick you up tomorrow at seven."

"No, I didn't agree to go out with you." I protest while shaking my head.

"You would go out with me eventually anyway." He smirks and shrugs his shoulder.

I let out a huge sigh. Well, it's not like he's going to stop bugging me about it. I might as well get it over with.

"Fine." I tell him, looking up at his gorgeous face. "Under one condition."

He raises a curious brow and nods at me to continue.

"If I'm going to go out with you then I'm meeting you at the restaurant." I state my condition. There's no way in hell that I'm going to let him see Lily.

He immediately shakes his head, "No, I'm picking you up."

"I'm perfectly capable of getting to the restaurant by myself." I say while crossing my arms over my chest.

"I never said you weren't." He replies, mocking my previous movement.

After a few more minutes of arguing with him about it, I shake my head as I realize that I'm never going to win. I tell him the address of the apartment complex where I live and quickly take off to go home before he notices that I didn't give him my apartment number.

He said he wanted to pick me up... he didn't say at the door.

The next day, I call Vanessa after breakfast and tell her what happened before I left work yesterday. After telling her about my date with Damon tonight, she practically begged to watch Lily for me.

I don't know why she's been wanting me to go out with him for so long but after tonight, I won't ever have to go out on a date again.

No matter how he makes me feel, I have to put Lily before myself. I wouldn't be able to handle it if anything happened to her because I was off with someone else when I should've been with her. Lily spoke up as she sat down next to me at the table, making me snap out of my thoughts.

"Mama, do you have to work again tonight?" She asks me in a sad tone which only makes me feel worse about going out tonight.

"No, bubbles. I don't have to work but I was going to go out tonight so Auntie Nessie is coming over to watch you." I hesitantly tell her.

If she was sad about me going to work then surely she would be sadder if I was going out again tonight, even if it wasn't for work. I realize that I was wrong as I glance at her, only to see a smile plastered on her face.

Confusion washes over me and I ask, "Why are you smiling, bubbles?"

She giggles before pointing a finger at me and saying, "Mama, you're going out with the man that Auntie Nessie is always talking about."

My eyes widen a bit and before I could say anything, she jumps off the chair and hugs me as tight as she could.

"I'm happy that you're happy, mommy. Can I help you pick a pretty dress tonight, please?" She asks me with her adorable puppy dog eyes.

I smile and kiss her forehead, "Of course, you can."

I spent as much time doing whatever Lily wanted throughout the day. She's excited that I'm going out tonight and even more excited that Nessa is coming over to watch her. They always have a blast together.

Later in the evening, I'm going through the clothes in my closet with Lily, looking for something to wear. I don't really have anything nice since I never went out. If I did go out, it was rare because I can't seem to remember.

Getting tired of searching, I sit on the edge of my bed with my chin in my hands and my elbows propped on my knees.

About thirty seconds later, Lily speaks up from inside of the closet, "What about this one, mama?"

I look up to see her holding the hem of a red dress. I stand up and walk over to the closet, taking the dress off of the hanger. I look over the dress and smile at Lily, "How did I get such a smart and amazing daughter?"

She smiles widely and hugs my leg, "I love you, mama."

"I love you too, bubbles." I reply before going into the bathroom to change into my dress and high heels.

Lily had picked out a deep V-neck, tight red dress which stops mid-thigh. I don't know what restaurant Damon is taking me to but this is the only nice dress I have. I honestly don't even remember where I got it from or when I got it.

After I get dressed, I do my hair in wavy curls and put on light makeup. When I'm done, I enter the bedroom again.

"You look pretty! You're the prettiest mommy ever!" Lily exclaims as she bounces on her feet and claps her hands. I laugh and pick her up, giving her a tight hug.

As we're hugging and laughing, I hear the front door open and Nessa's voice shouts, "Where's my beautiful niece?!"

Lily gasps before wiggling out of my hold and running towards the living room while screaming, "Auntie Nessie!"

I shake my head with a small smile and follow behind her. I walk into the living room to see Nessa spinning Lily around before looking over at me.

"Woah, mama. You look hot as fuck." She says while looking at my outfit, a slight grin tugging the corner of her lips.

"I picked out her dress, Auntie Nessie." Lily says proudly while pointing at herself.

"Really? Well, I'm going to need you to start picking my outfits out too." Ness responds as she tickles Lily, making her giggle loudly.

I feel my phone vibrate in my hand and I look down to check my messages.

Damon : I'm here. What's your apartment number?

I don't reply to him since I don't want him to come up and see Lily. Instead, I walk towards Lily who is still in Nessa's arms.

"Okay, I'm going to leave now. Be good for Auntie Nessie." I say while hugging her tightly and kissing her cheek.

"I'm always good for Auntie Nessie." She tells me as she smiles innocently.

I laugh and say goodbye to Nessa before grabbing my clutch and making my way down to the parking lot. Damon is parked next to my car, standing by his door and looking down at his phone.

When I get closer, he looks up and I suddenly feel extremely nervous. I take him in as I slowly approach him. He's wearing a black and white tuxedo with a bouquet of red and purple roses in his right hand.

As I stop in front of him, I catch a whiff of his scent that I've grown to like a lot. I look up and stare into his eyes. My heart is beating so hard in my chest, I wonder if he can hear it. It feels like my stomach is doing flips.

Why do I feel so nervous yet also a little bit happy to be around him right now?

♾♾♾♾

I'll see you guys in the next chapter but before I go, Gimme Kiss!😘

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.5M 33K 34
18 year old Kelly gets kidnapped by mafias because of her mums other mafia squad, but she's only to realise she's falls in love with the Mafia Boss. ...
1.1M 21.4K 74
[COMPLETED] Book 1 in the Del Rosso series ____________________________________________ "I have three words for you Ace Del Rosso. I hate you." __...
3.7M 65.5K 34
[18+] smut warning Isabella SuΓ‘rez When her father passes A 21 year old mafia princess, still new to this lifestyle, is set to marry her worst enemy...
130K 2.5K 62
π“π‘π¨π¬πž 𝐰𝐞 π₯𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐑𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐰𝐞 π₯𝐨𝐬𝐞, 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐚π₯𝐰𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐧𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐛𝐲 𝐑𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐒𝐧𝐠𝐬 𝐒𝐧𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐧𝐟𝐒𝐧𝐒�...