Defying Destiny - A Merlin Fa...

By BookLover905

. "Sometimes I wonder if you've missed me as much as I'v... More

Trailer
Cast
Prologue
Character Info
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65

Chapter 66

3.1K 69 21
By BookLover905

Like always, the music ⬆is for later. By the way, who else loves this song.

Seconds turned into minutes. Minutes turned into hours. The sun had set and it was now pitch black outside with only the moon and stars for any source of light.

Everyone had been ushered from the room, beside Morgana and Gaius, and they were all now waiting anxiously outside of Aria's room.

Arthur was pacing back and forth in front of Mordred who was sat on the floor staring intently at the wall in front of him and Merlin was sat beside him tapping his foot nervously.  Everyone else was scattered between the hallway and Morgana's chambers.

"Merlin, how long do these things usually take?" Arthur asked looking at his best friend while still pacing.

"It varies, some take longer than others" Merlin answered still tapping his foot nervously.

Mordred didn't say anything and just continued to stare at the wall, clear concern in his eyes. Concern not just for his child but for his wife as well. He and Arthur both shared the fear that Aria would not make it. They could only hope that she did.

The silence resumed the only noises that could be heard was the nervous breathing, Merlin's foot-tapping and Arthur's rapid footsteps going back and forth.

" If you keep pacing like that, you'll wear a hole through the floor." Gwaine joked from where he was leaning against the doorway going into Morgana's chambers.

Arthur was just about to reply when the door to Aria's room suddenly opened and Gaius walked out, his facial expression unreadable.

Merlin and Mordred quickly got to their feet, Arthur immediately stopped pacing and everyone in Morgana's chambers came out or hung by the door to hear what the physician was going to say. They all held their breath in anticipation.

"Gaius?" Arthur questioned "How's Aria? The baby?"

Gaius didn't respond for a second before his face suddenly lit up with delight.

"Babies" He corrected still smiling like a mad man.

"It's Twins! One of each!"

Everyone's jaws dropped in shock. Twins! Aria had given birth to twins! Arthur would've

"Congratulations, my boy" Gaius patted Mordred on the shoulder before gesturing him to go inside the room in which he did with no hesitation.

_________________________________________

Inside her room, Aria was sat up in her bed, looking very tired but still gazed down lovingly at the tiny bundle in her arms. Morgana sat by her side with another small bundle, smiling. Ruby was sitting eagerly by the base of the bed, wagging her tail, staring excitedly at the bundle in Aria's arms.

When Mordred entered with everyone, he went straight towards the bed where Morgana gladly got up and gently handed Mordred his child.

The baby girl, who's little tufts of dark hair in the top of her head matched her fathers, stirred and opened her eyes, revealing beautiful sky blue eyes, like her mothers.

"She's got your eyes, Ari" Mordred grinned taking a seat next to his wife, as everyone else gathered around the bed, and gazed adoringly at his son who was curled up in his mothers embrace. He had wisps of golden blond hair on the top of his head and when he finally opened his eyes, they were icy blue, like Mordred's.

"I-I don't understand," Merlin said looking very confused "In the vision I saw, there was only one child"

"Well, it seems they're already like their mother. Already changing what has been prophesied"Morgana smirked making everyone laugh.

Arthur came to stand on the other side of Aria's bed gazing affectionately down at his baby nephew and niece who were drifting off to sleep again, content in their parent's arms.

" I'm an uncle...." Arthur gasped making everyone let out a chuckle.

"What have you decided to call them?" Gwen asked

Over the nine months, Mordred and Aria had thought of many names for their baby, or babies at it would appear, both male and female but they refused to share the names with anyone until the baby was born.

"Well, for the girl, we've decided to call her... Aislinn." Aria gleamed " It means dream or vision"

" And for the boy, we went with... Aiden" Mordred continued " It means 'little fire'."

These names were suggested to me by always_the_flood. I chose these names because I just loved the meanings. To everyone who suggested a name to me, thank you, they were all really nice names but unfortunately, I could only choose two.

" What do you think?" Aria asked clutching her sleeping son gently by firmly.

"I like them" Violet smiled at her best friend " They're adorable. Just like these little ones"

Violet stroked Aislinn's cheek gently as she slept in her father's arms.

"They're perfect Ari" Arthur smiled " I like Aislinn and Aiden."

Aria smiled up at her brother before turning her gaze down to her son.

"Mordred, would you like to hold our son?" Aria asked her husband.

"I would love to" Mordred smiled. He handed little Aislinn to Gwen, who cooed gently at her niece,  before taking Aiden gently out of Aria's arms and cradled him.

"Hello, little one" Mordred smiled at his son who gave a toothless smile in return. He started to coo and reached up with his pudgy little fists to his father.

Mordred lowered his face and allowed the baby boy to grab hold of his nose making him chuckle along with everyone else.

Gwen went to hand Arthur his niece.

"Gwen... Guinevere, no! What if I drop her?" Arthur panicked backing away.

"Arthur stop being a wuss and hold your niece" Merlin teased smirking

Arthur continued to refuse, scared he would drop his newborn niece, but when little Aislinn reached out with two hands for her uncle to hold her his face and his fears melted away and he tenderly took the baby girl from his wife's arms and gently rocked her.

"I can already tell, she's going to be a lot like you, Aria" Arthur chuckled

Aria smiled tiredly and gazed at her daughter, who was laughing at a funny face Arthur was pulling at her. She watched her children being introduced to everyone with nothing but love in her exhausted eyes.

_________________________________________

The next day, the weather seemed to reflect everyone happy mood as it was bright and sunny. A massive banquet had been organized and Kings and Queens came from all over to meet the new baby Pendragons

Aria was dressed in her red dress with her hair down in waves and a tiara placed in her hair

as she and Mordred walked out onto the balcony looking over the courtyard, that was crammed with people, holding Aislinn and Aiden in their arms. They held up their children for everyone to see and the crowd cheered with happiness at the sight of the royal twins who were giggling and smiling at all the excitement.

That night at the banquet, Arthur stood at the front with Gwen, Morgana and Merlin by his side as he addressed the guests.

"My lords and ladies! Friends from distant lands! May I present, my niece and nephew, Aiden and Aislinn!" Arthur announced resulting in everyone clapping as the

The trumpets blared and the doors opened letting Aria and Mordred walk into the banquet hall each holding one of the twins in their arms. Aiden was in his mother's arms while little Aislinn was in her father's. They were both looking around the hall with big curious eyes at the new faces and surroundings.

After the applause died down, the music started and so did the dancing and endless talking.

Aria and Mordred were stood at the front as people came up to meet Aislinn and Aiden.

"Aww, they're so adorable!" Mithian gushed

"Congratulations, Arianna, Mordred. They truly are precious aren't they?" King Rodor smiled

Next up to meet the twins was King Olaf and his daughter, lady Vivian, who had been unenchanted so she was no longer in love with Arthur, and she looked rather bored, but she forced a smile and congratulated them anyway before quickly leaving to who knows where.

Then came King Odin, who once again congratulated the new parents.

After Odin, Queen Annis walked up to the new parents and smiled warmly at Aria, giving her a hug as best she could.

"Oh, look at the little dears" Annis smiled kindly at the twins. Aislinn gave the Queen a cute toothless smile whereas Aiden wasn't even paying attention and was more intrigued by what was happening around him.

Eventually, after all the kings and queens had met the twins and congratulated Aria and Mordred, everyone else was able to come up and meet the twins.

Mordred smiled brightly when he spotted his sister Kara walking towards them with a couple of druids behind her and a huge smile on her face.

"Where are they? Where are my niece and nephew?" She smiled teasingly as

"They're right here, Kara." Mordred chuckled " This is Aislinn and Aiden"

Kara held out her arms and Mordred gladly transferred the baby girl into his sister's arms and smiled as she cooed at the infant.

After a little while, Kara handed Aislinn back to Mordred and Aria handed her Aiden who gave a tiny cry and tried to reach out for his mother but then eventually settled in the end. Aria giggled slightly as she could tell that Aiden would grow up to be a mummy's boy.

"He's got your eyes Mordred, how sweet" Kara gushed making the parents smile.

While Kara and Mordred talked, Aria's eyes swept over all the guests and she smiled widely when she spotted a familiar hooded cloak walking towards her.

"I'm so proud of you, my darling," Rose whispered in Aria's ear as they embraced" I love you so much"

Aria smiled and snuggled into her mother just a tiny bit more. "I love you more, mother"

Rose pulled back slightly to look at her daughter, smiling proudly " I love you most"

_________________________________________

At some point during the banquet, Aria instructed for the music to stop so she could make a speech. She stood at the front with Mordred and by her side and their children in their arms. Arthur stood off to the side slightly with Gwen, Morgana and Merlin.

" I have something I would like to say. That we both would. First of all, thank you to everyone, for coming tonight, I can still remember a time when all this was a simple dream for me. Tonight and yesterday night are honestly a dream come true" Aria spoke making the crowd applause for a short moment before Aria continued after sharing a look with Mordred who nodded at her.

"My husband and I have spoken and although we know that all of our friends and family would gladly lay down their lives for our twins, we can only think of one pair who we believe should be given this role." Aria turned to face Arthur and others.

"Arthur... Morgana, please" Aria beckoned

The siblings walked forwards and stopped in front of their little sister and her husband.

"We couldn't think of anyone else we would trust more with our lives and now our children's. So would you both do us the honour of being Aislinn's and Aiden's godparents?" Aria asked.

"Yes!" Morgana had tears falling from her eyes and quickly embraced her little sister in a massive hug as Arthur, who also had tears in his eyes, went and clasped wrists with Mordred before the newly appointed godparents took their godchildren in their arms as the whole hall burst into applause and cheers.

As the cheers and applause started to die down, Aria spoke again.

"And I have another little surprise for you all" She walked towards where the band was up on little stage as the crowd and Aria's family and friends watched with curiosity.

" This is to beloved my children and my wonderful husband. Both whom I have waited years for."

The music started and Aria's loved ones smiled as she began singing.

I, I have known love before
I thought it would no more
Take on a new direction
Still, strange as it seems to be
It's truly new to me
That affection

I, I don't know what you do
You make me think that you
Will change my life forever
I, I'll always want you near
Give up on you, my dear
I will never

You thrill me, you delight me
You please me, you excite me
You're all that
I've been yearning for
I love you, I adore you
I lay my life before you
I only want you more and more
And finally, it seems
My lonely days are through

I've been waiting for you

I'll carry you all the way
And you will choose the day
When you're prepared to greet me
I'll be a good mum, I swear
You'll see how much I care
When you meet me

You thrill me, you delight me
You please me, you excite me
You're all that
I'd been yearning for
I love you, I adore you
I lay my life before you
I only want you more and more

And finally, it seems
My lonely days are through

I've been waiting for you

Ohhhh
I've been waiting
For you

The entire hall erupted into applause as Mordred rushed towards Aria and swept her off her feet and swung her around making her laugh.
_________________________________________

That night Aria and Mordred were currently in the twin's nursery, putting the twins to bed.

Mordred was already tucking in Aislinn, who had fallen asleep on the way there, while Aria was stood behind him slowly rocking Aiden and humming softly.

Eventually, little Aiden's icy blue eye drooped and he fell asleep, allowing his mother to tuck him into bed next to his sister. Both parents gave a gentle kiss on the forehead to each of their children before they silently left the nursery.

Back in their room, the couple got ready for bed and laid down in each other embrace.

Aria sighed contently and cuddled into Mordred's chest.

"What? What is it?" Mordred wondered starting down lovingly at his wife

Aria looked up at him and smiled softly.
" I'm just so happy. I'm almost afraid that I'm going to wake up tomorrow and this will all be just a pleasant dream"

"If this is a dream, then I don't ever want to wake up." Mordred smiled

"Neither do I..." Aria whispered "... I love you so much, Mordred"

"And I love you just as much, Aria, and I always will, until my last day"

Mordred lent down and kissed Aria passionately. Both losing themselves in the kiss.

After years of wishing and hoping. Aria's dreams finally came true.

She was a knight of Camelot,

Morgana was home, safe and sound,

Magic was legal,

She was married to the man she loved,

And she had not only one but two precious children, to whom she would love and cherish until her last breath escaped from her lips.

The one thing that Aria had learned from this adventure she had been living,

Is that all our dreams can come true,

We just have to have the courage to pursue them.

_________________________________________

And it's done! This book is now completed. Thank you to everyone for the votes, comments and reads.  I absolutely loved writing this book and I cannot believe that it's finally finished!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

28.7K 935 42
Once more Magdelena is faced with challenges of love and loss. She may overcome them but she certainly won't be alone with a love-struck Arthur and h...
1.7K 80 24
"It can't be him! It can't be Ethan!" Follow Merlin as he goes through the troubles of being a prince in hiding. What happens when a letter arrives i...
132K 5.2K 19
SuperCorp soulmate AU when your soulmate gets hurt flowers bloom on your body where the wound/cut/bruise is. Kara has been covered in flowers since s...
868 40 6
๐“ฃ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ young princess of a long forgotten kingdom sets off in search of answers after finding an old Prophecy. Arthur Pendragon x OC Merlin BBC Sea...