The Alpha Broke the Omega

Par skylar_hopeee

"Will you reject me?" I ask, ignoring the lump that was forming in my throat. I fought the tears that were th... Plus

Omega
Alpha
wolf
encounter
away
Beta
Panselinos
captive
anger
stop
change
determined
name
dinner
routine
first?
secret
danger
safe
indifference
Delta
Gamma
challenges
Luna
aftermath
inkling
guest
pride
tease
ceremony
run
heat
marked
warriors
rift
reconcile
dynamí
effyía
heartbeat
ruckus
rush
divulge
miracle
ahead
fourth
plans
born
end
author's note
author's note

pack

220K 8.2K 2.9K
Par skylar_hopeee

|pack|

I stared at myself in the mirror.

It was me, but it wasn't. The girl staring at me in the mirror right now...

It's who I wanted to be.

Lauren had worked her magic with my hair, making it a crown of curls adorned with a flowery golden ornament.

With the use of her brushes and artistic knowledge, Andrea's makeup skills managed to make me look like a confident person. The light shimmery rose gold eyeshadow was blended beautifully, she put something along my cheekbones that made them look more defined and shiny. My eyebrows were arched and blended perfectly. My mascara emphasized my unusually grey eyes. My lips were coated with a gloss of shimmer.

They had brought me a white dress that looked so beautiful, it almost felt like a waste to pair it with me. The dress was long and flow-y, it revealed my back and arms, but it made me look tall and created an illusion of confidence.

To finish everything off, Andrea and Lauren made me to wear these white heels that matched the dress well. It wasn't too high, just enough to add to my stature.

In the mirror, Andrea entered. Her maroon dress looked good in her. She smiled excitedly as she came towards me. "You look so beautiful!" she complimented, making me blush.

"Oh please, this is all Lauren's and your work. Thank you."

The girl laughed and nodded in acknowledgement. "Ian's waiting for you in his office. The pack are already assembled at the banquet hall." Andrea said. I didn't fail to pick up the sadness in her voice, making my nerves shot up higher. To be honest, I still wasn't too sure of the events that were going to happen soon. "I hope you nothing but the best Hannah, I really do." she said as she held my hands.

And then she did something that caught me off guard. She took a step back, kneeling one knee on the ground, she brushed her hair out of her neck exposing it and bowing her head down.

"My Luna." she said.

My wolf instantly recognized her actions of submission and shew herself. I could feel a new wave of power surge within me, as if a newly found strength was awakening.

"Well done, wolf." I said, my wolf with me and smiled. Andrea looked up to me and upon the sight of me, her eyes widened in shock and confusion.

I was going to speak to her some more when I had remembered my mate. My wolf retreated back in my mind and I bid Andrea farewell. I found my way towards Ian's office although my head was blank of fear. I was about to face one of the biggest warrior packs to be their Luna when all my life I was nothing but an Omega.

My hand reached out for the doorknob, but upon touching the knob, it turned and then Ian stood in front of me.

A black suit with a white dress shirt inside. His jet black hair was combed back so neatly, his deep blue eyes seemed to shine with the specks of grey in them as he stared at me. His scent was enveloped me, urging me to get nearer.

Ian was absolutely dashing.

His plum lips curled up and that brought me back to earth. He closed the door behind him, bringing his lips close to my ears. "You look beautiful, Luna."

That made me smile and it seemed to calm my fears. My heart didn't pound in anxiousness and instead it fluttered.

"You clean up nice yourself." I joked and he let out a light laugh.

"Let's go." Ian said and I nodded.

The atmosphere was heavy, the pack was getting weary with the announcement that the Alpha was going to make. What emergency could there possibly be for him to call all of the pack so abruptly.

Ian and I were behind the stage as Alec and Elliot, the Gamma whom I haven't officially met walked to the podium and the last guys fixing stage scrammed away. My heart hammered against my chest, my stomach churning at the unpleasant idea of speaking in a crowd who would almost probably reject me.

As Alec stood in place, the pack shushes and he started to speak. "Gratissimum, Panselinos. We know that it was on short notice and we want to thank you all for coming." he started. With each word he said, I could feel my heart literally jumping out of my chest.

I looked beside me where Ian stood, his eyes glued on Alec, but when he felt my eyes on him, he turned to me. He knew I was nervous, I could see he was too despite the fact that he tried to hide it. Lately, I was able to read his emotions better.

I tried to smile and slowly brought my hand to hold his. He seemed to be surprised that I took the first initiative with skinship. As our hands laced together, he brought it up kissing the back of my hand.

Sparks erupted in the best way possibly, the tingling sensation starting at the back of my hands and making its way everywhere, calming me down, relieving the stress away and giving me a glimmer of hope.

I knew it. The comfort he made me feel was dangerous.

"Let us now call upon our Alpha." Alec announced and looked towards us. I didn't want to let go, but we had to. Before letting go, Ian looked at me and smiled encouragingly.

Alec and Elliot stepped back and stood behind Ian as he now took place on stage.

I saw Elliot's questioning gaze remain longer on me as he looked to Alec who shrugged at him lightly.

"Alpha." the whole pack chorused in recognition and reverence of their leader. Nodding his head, Ian started to speak.

"Thank you all for making it tonight. As you all know, for our pack to remain strong, the positions in leadership must be complete. We have Elliot Benjamin, our Gamma." Ian motioned to the third-in-command. "Our Beta, Alec Dean." he did the same towards Alec. "There is the Alpha, me. We need these three people to keep our pack strong and keep things in order. However, there is one position that's just as important. The place of a Luna." Ian explained. The crowd started to murmur, whispering their own theories of what the next news was going to be.

I started to pace back and forth once again. He was going to call me soon.

"The Luna is almost always the Alpha's mate, if the Alpha failed to find his mate, a Delta was to assume the position. Of course, you know our Delta, Sierra Northon." Ian said. My heart squeezed for a second, but I killed that feeling immediately. I couldn't let my low self-esteem kill me now. "However, tonight, you're about to meet my mate, your Luna natura at the moment." the crowd erupted in small chatters.

My stomach churned, turning this way and that. I felt sick.

Ian cleared his throat and the noises died down immediately, attention all back to the Alpha.

Ian looked towards me and nodded, a sign that I was to walk on stage now. I nodded in response, breathing in and out.

'Audere est Facere, Chári.' my wolf said inside my head.

To dare is to do.

I have longed for change, and it was at the grasp of my hands. I couldn't possibly just let it go now. I refuse to.

My feet moved heavily towards the stage. I kept my eyes on Ian, he smiled at me encouragingly as if telling me that I was doing fine. He reached his hand out and I reached for it as I took a step up the podium and stood beside him. 

Beside him, I felt safe, but when I moved my eyes in front where the whole pack gathered, I was reminded at the how many wolves this pack contained. 

They all stared at me, others looked in confusion, others in worry and others were weary. They observed every part of me, the way I moved, trying to decide if I fit to be their leader or not. 

"I present to you, Hannah Davis. My mate and your Luna natura at the moment." Ian said as he looked at me. I looked forward, keeping my chin up.

I could already see disapproving looks on some faces. Some were amazed and some still looked shocked of the news that the Alpha had found his mate and was in the midst of them all this time.  "Of course, she will be the official and true Luna of Panselinos when she proves herself to be. As tradition have it, if there are any she-wolves who wish to challenge the moon goddess' Luna, speak now or forever hold your peace." 

The pack was ever so silent, they looked around the room looking for someone who dared to take the challenge. 

My eyes looked for the Delta and someone by the back stood up, I met her eyes. 

The crowd erupted in small chatters once again, but then again, it was expected for her to stand up. Ian's hold squeezed my hand for a second and loosened. 

"I, Sierra Northon, Delta of the Panselinos pack challenge the Luna natura for the Luna's position." she announced loud and clear. Her voice was strong and firm, clearly used with public speaking. She looked around and then met my eyes again. My breath hitched, I wanted to vomit. "How do you suppose to protect this pack, you are an Omega."

My eyes widen. She knows. 

The pack gasped at the revelation, the whispers grew louder. I could see how some faces scrunched in disapproval. They talked amongst themselves and I could feel drops of sweat trickling down the side of my head. I was taking slow paced breaths, I was becoming lightheaded. 

Inside of me, rage was starting to set. My wolf didn't speak but we both knew what we were feeling right now. An unsettling discomfort at the sight of the pack questioning our capability to lead.

I didn't understand it, so I ignored it. I chose to keep my head held high when all I really wanted to do was to run away. 

I saw this one brunette girl stand up with newly found confidence. She smirked at me, her face smug with a knowing look. I didn't even know who she was. She looked at Ian first she returned her gaze at me.

"I, Abigail Truman, warrior of the Panselinos pack, challenge the Luna natura for the Luna's position." 

My wolf growled inside. I held Ian's hand tighter. 

From the other side of the room, another girl stood up. "I, Anna Reyes, warrior of the Panselinos pack, challenge the Luna natura for the Luna's posisiton." 

I suppressed my wolf, she wanted to take control.

I closed my eyes taking a deep breath, but as I did so, I heard a girl speak again. "I, Corinne Browns, challenge the Luna natura for the Luna's position."

"I, Lydia Simons, warrior of the Pansellinos pack, challenge the Luna natura for the Luna's position." 

I could feel Ian's anger ever so lightly, but he handled it well. The look on his face didn't even change as the girls stood up to challenge me. Right now, his touch was the only thing keeping me sane. Right now, he was my anchor and I needed him to stay strong for us because I was so ready to crumble. 

I was expecting more people to stand up, but after Lydia Simons, I didn't hear anyone anymore. 

Ian cleared his throat and all the chatters died down. "Sierra Northon, Abigail Truman, Anna Reyes, Corinne Browns and Lydia Simons. In challenging the my mate, you accept that you are challenging your Luna, the moo goddess' Luna." Ian emphasized 'my mate' maybe to scare them, I really don't know but everyone heard his annoyance. 

"Yes." they all chorused. 

"Very well, the battles will take place three days from now on. Dismissed." Ian announced and everyone stood up, their heads bowed. Ian's hand still in mine, he led me to the backstage quickly. 

Alec and Elliot were right behind us. Ian loosened his necktie, his irritation apparent. 

We walked in silence, getting away from the banquet hall and the lounge area of the pack house. The atmosphere was thick and heavy. The Alpha's anger was brewing. Ian led us to the office and as soon as the office doors were closed, he turned around, his irises shifting gold and blue. A sign that he and his wolf were present.

"Has our pack become so disrespectful to their Luna and the moon goddess?!" a low growl escaped. 

Alec and Elliot visibly flinched. The Gamma sighed as his eyes rested on me for a bit, a mix of pity and sadness. Alec's lips stayed pursed. I mean, what could they really say. Nothing. 

It wasn't their fault that my status was revealed, giving more warriors courage to challenge me. 

"Once all of this is done, I expect the pack to be properly disciplined and educated. I've never been m--" 

My hand reached out for Ian's, making him turn to me. I could see the anger that painted his face. He truly felt wronged and that made me feel a tiny bit flattered. 

I looked towards Alec and Elliot and forced a smile. "Can you leave us alone, please? You, two fine gentlemen, have done great tonight. Thank you." I said.

Ian looked at me incredulously, then sighed exasperatedly, messing his hair up by running his hand through it harshly. Alec and Elliot looked at each other, unsure of what to do. I nodded encouragingly and the two turned around to leave.

"Don't." 

"Ian, it's fine. It's not their fault, and you can't blame the pack. After all, it is true. I am an Omega. Your pack is a pack of strong warriors, getting their acceptance is hard, I recognize that."

With his left hand, Ian gently held my face. "But you'll be against five warriors. That's never happened before. And you have to fight them right after another." 

"I will be fine. The moon goddess must've put me here for a reason. If it's to be the Luna, then I will try my best to be that." 

His anger seemed to calm down and I was relieved at that.

In the midst of this chaos, we seemed to be each other's anchor. 

The glints of his eyes changed with longing and relief. He pulled me closer towards him, his arms laced around my waist. His lips went down to my neck, where his mark should be. 

The sparks went haywire as he nibbled at the spot and I had to bite my lip at how good it felt. Then, ever so slowly, his eyes met mine again, his forehead touching mine. 

"I will make things right, don't worry." he said with promise.

Before I could even say anything, his lips crashed gently onto mine.

The best way to end a terrible night.

____________________

hello y'all! 

so this is a bit of a free gift. it's my finals week and im basically just procrastinating by writing this long-ass chapter. 

well, this is this week's update and next week, i should be updating more since it's vacay, yey! 

hope you guys liked this chapter and don't forget to vote, comment and share with your friends and family! 

much love,
-skyy💕

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

875K 24.1K 22
Rejected by her mate because she was thought to be weak. He was wrong. //\\//\\//\\ I hear a sorrowful howl promising vengeance. Hearing the sound...
191K 4.6K 33
"You rejected me!! Not the other way around!!" I yelled at him, tears streaming down my face. "I know." He says, he head hangs low. "And I'm sorry...
509K 16.4K 31
Natalie was raised in a world where there is nothing more sacred than the mate bond. She lived with that belief all of her life, but when one of her...
18.1K 970 33
Right from the beginning, I was the unfortunate one. I had to sacrifice my needs because of destiny. I endured a lot and almost lost who means the mo...