Coup De Foudre ➵ Allison Arge...

Від cimbello

BOOK 1/7 Coup De Fou•dre: (koo de foodra) noun (plural coups de foudre pronounced same) {A sudden unforeseen... Більше

i•n•t•r•o
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty-one
Twenty-two
Twenty-three
Twenty-four
Twenty-five
Twenty-six
Twenty-seven
Twenty-eight
Twenty-nine
Thirty
Thirty-one
Thirty-two
Thirty-three
Thirty-four

Thirty-five

9.5K 324 17
Від cimbello

Olivia's POV:

"You haven't told your friends?" My mom asks as we load my luggage inside the car.

I shake my head. "I didn't want them to worry." I lie.

"Not even Allison?"

"We haven't talked since that night, but I didn't want to bug."

She rolls her eyes. "Olivia, a friend is there to make sure you're going to be okay. I doubt Allison would think you bug her." She closes the trunk. "It's just surprising that you would keep it from her since you two are so close."

"She's seen the scratch mark disappearing. We just never talked about it since we were facing a monster at the time." I reply as I lean against the trunk. "Anyway, you kept it a secret from me for the majority of my life."

"I'm the mom, you don't have to know everything yet." She says and copies my position. "You're lucky I even agreed to this. I could've just forced you to stay home and figure it out ourselves."

I push myself off the car and face her with a teasing smile. "That's exactly how that plan obviously backfired since we couldn't find anything."

She opened her mouth to say something, but then her eyes widen as she looked behind me. "You know, I think I'm gonna double-check your room to see if you left anything behind."

I furrow my eyebrows. "Mom, I'm pretty sure I have--"

"Hey." I turn around to see Allison with her hands clasped together, which causes my eyes to widen.

"Hi." I clear my throat. "What uh...what are you doing here?"

"Came to see how you were doing since I'm leaving for Paris tomorrow. I wanted us to talk before I left." She says as she glances at the trunk. "I guess I'm coming at a bad time."

"After the whole werewolf and kanima thing, I wanted to learn more about myself," I explain as she leans on the car as well. "So I decided to head back to Florida."

"For how long?"

I shrug and uncross my arms so I could scratch my neck. "As long as it takes to figure out what the hell makes me do what I do."

"So...you might not even come back?" She softly asks and I watch as she fiddles with her fingers.

"Depends if I have something to come back to," I say, the floor suddenly becoming my main focus. "Or else I could just stay with one of my aunts back home."

"You have your mom, your friends," her hand briefly brushes mine and I look up, seeing that she was already staring. "and...me."

Is she...? No. She's just being friendly, that's all. For god's sake, she just broke things off with Scott.

"Uh," I clear my throat. "is everything okay with you?"

"Yeah it's just...remembering that night when you pushed me out of the way," She begins. "it terrified me. I couldn't live with myself if something happened to you. I thought you were gonna die because of me."

"Allison, if I was given the chance to save you again, I'd do it in a heartbeat." I give a small smile. "I didn't regret anything and I still don't."

"I know that, but it got me thinking about us and how horrible I acted towards you when we, you know, almost kissed." She shyly explains and I feel my face start to flush. "I was so stupid for thinking it was your fault for almost ruining Scott and I's relationship. In reality, it helped me see what I really wanted for myself."

Where is she going with this?

"It scared me. A lot. Suppressing what I felt made it easier to just avoid it, but after that night with the kanima, it made me realize that I can't let my fear stop me from being who I am."

I furrow my eyebrows. "What do you mean?"

Her eyes searched my face as if she was memorizing every detail. "No matter how dark my life got, you were always there lighting it up again. You mean everything to me, Olivia. I care about you too much."

As soon as those words left her mouth, I felt like my heart was beating a million miles a minute.

This was it. The moment where I scream at the top of my lungs in joy that this girl is starting to like me back. I should be bouncing off the walls. I should be cheering. I should be doing something.

But I didn't. I simply just stood there, speechless as I stared at the huntress in front of me.

"Olivia!" I hear my mom call which snaps me back into reality. "You're gonna miss your flight if we don't leave now." My mom walks out of the house. "You have to get going."

"Just five more minutes," I call but Allison wipes her eyes.

"No, it's okay. I should get going anyway." She says as she pushes herself off the car. "I'll see you, well...when you decide to come back. Have a safe flight."

"Allison wait," I call out, but she already had gotten into her car.

I watch as she drives off, never sparing a moment to turn back. I didn't give her my answer.

I open the car door and step inside to shut the door with frustration. My mom gets in the car as well, but I feel a hand place on my shoulder.

"You know that I'll always be here for you, right?" She says, giving a small smile. "Whatever you decide for yourself, I'll support you."

I lean my head against the window. "I know."

I feel her move her hand away and she turns on the ignition of the car. She pulls out from the driveway and proceeds to drive towards the direction of the Beacon Hills airport.

"It's not too late to change your mind. We could always turn back and do more research."

I shake my head. "It's only a matter of time before it becomes dangerous. For god's sake, there were so many incidents where I should've been dead. The claw marks from Derek and Erica, the scratch mark Jackson left on my neck, even the bullet wound that Matt shot at me. They all magically disappeared. The Kanima venom didn't affect me at all but it affected everyone else, except Lydia."

"But you said it affected you that time at the station."

"That's why I want to figure out what the hell is going on with me. That shows it has an off switch and I want to know how to control it." I pull out my phone to show the bestiary I copied and sent to myself. "The bestiary has some things I probably could be but I want to know if I'm right."

"And you think going back home, you're gonna find your answer?"

"Maybe." I shove my phone back in my pocket. "But I want to stop by and visit someone to see if they know anything about what I could be. I'm pretty sure he's done his research."

She turns to me as soon as we get to a red light. "Who are you talking about?"

"...Dad."

A/N:
And just like that, it's the end of Book 1 of the Olivia and Allison series !!

The amount of time it took to complete this was worth it and I'm happy on how it came out! Thank you for taking time out of your day to read this, it means a lot to me aaand with that being said,

I'll see y'all over in the second book ;)

Продовжити читання

Вам також сподобається

68.5K 1.5K 16
Sour wolves, werewolf best friends, high school, monsters in the woods, hunters for family, mean girls, and the constant sarcasm of Stiles Stilinski;...
1.2M 30.9K 22
[COMPLETED] ❝It was my fault for caring. I've made a habit of never doing that again.❞ All teenagers dealt with first-world problems that seemed a...
229K 9.5K 33
BOOK 2/7 Retrouvailles: The joy of reuniting with someone after a long separation After finishing (well surviving) the rest of her sophomore year, Ol...
4.9K 173 15
Discover (adj.) find (something or someone) unexpectedly or in the course of a search. "𝐈 𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐰𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐝." "𝐖𝐞𝐥𝐥, 𝐲�...