It Can't Be...

Bởi darcyjog

Going into his second year of college, Tee is flying high. His studies are getting harder, but he can handle... Xem Thêm

Introduction
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43

Chapter 9

1.3K 107 11
Bởi darcyjog

A/N:  Here is another chapter and I hope you enjoy it.

Detrick (D) POV

I collapse on my bed and I stare up at the ceiling.

This can't be real. However, deep down, I know that they aren't lying.

I glance over to the picture of my mother and me on the nightstand, and I begin to re-play things that I had previously ignored throughout my life.

I never questioned why we moved so much when I was younger. It wasn't until middle school and I finally met and became good friends with Shane and Dee that I finally refused to move again. Unfortunately, at the same time, my mother had found out that she was sick, and we had no choice but to stay in one spot.

I never questioned why she didn't want people to know much about us, or why I was never allowed to tell people that I'm from Thailand. Even though I was told to keep it a secret, I did tell Shane and Dee, but it wasn't until after a few years when I was confident enough that they wouldn't hurt me.

I roll on my side and reach towards the nightstand. With my eyes still focused on my mother, I grab the picture frame and I bring it to me.

I look at my mother. This isn't the first time that I notice that I don't look anything like my mother, but this is the first time that I know why. I'm not actually her son.

I run my finger over my mother as tears begin to well up in my eyes. Why did she do that? Why did she lie to me?

I don't even know who I am now. My whole life has been a lie. No wonder, my grandparents don't know when my birthday is. Did they even know that I was kidnapped or did my mother tell them that she had a child? There are so many questions that I want answered, but I will never get those answers. However, if my mother was still alive, I wouldn't be sitting in Thailand right now and I would still ignorantly be following her instructions thinking that she is my mother.

Well, she is my mother, or at least, the only mother that I've ever known.

Ugh... This is completely messed up.

Guilt slowly begins to consume me as I find myself actually happy that my mother got sick. If she didn't, then I would have never met Tee, but how could I do that to my mother. All she ever did is love me. That is one thing that I know. My mother has always loved me with all of her heart.

UGH!!! Why did she do that? Couldn't she have adopted a child without having to kidnap me?

As quick as the guilt rolls in, anger soon follows. How could she have done that? Everything that I've heard from Tee today tells me that he grew up in a loving home. I couldn't help, but to catch the subtle undertones of sadness that seems to have followed his family, no matter what the event was. They longed for me to be there and I would have been if only my mother didn't sneak me out of the hospital.

UGH!!! I HATE THIS!!!!

Am I wrong to love my mother? Well, she isn't really my mother, but all my life, I've only known her as my mother.

I do have to admit that she was always a very loving mother. I don't know if I could have a better mother. No. That isn't true. From what Tee has told me about our mother, she would have been very loving too.

How do I make this stop? I need to take some time to let this all absorb in, but I don't know if I will ever accept it.

My blood begins to boil as I think about the time that I have missed out with my brother and my parents. I begin to fume even more as the reality of my life sinks in. It was all a lie that I ignorantly thought was good. HOW STUPID COULD I HAVE BEEN?

My grip tightens on the picture frame as my eyes narrow while I glare at my mother. Anger continues to pulse through my body as I hiss, "WHY! Why did you do that? There were other ways to get a child!"

Before I know what I'm doing, I sit up in bed and I throw the picture frame against the wall.

I flop back onto the bed and I put my arm over my face. I still don't understand why.

***

Knock. Knock.

Ugh... I want to be left alone. I couldn't hardly get a wink of sleep last night. Every time I shut my eyes, my mother's face would appear, and I would want answers, but she never said anything except that she loves me and would do anything to make me happy. Well, guess what mother, I'm not happy right now. I'm living in hell and she is the one who put me here.

Knock. Knock.

I try to ignore it, and I roll over. I grab my phone off the nightstand.

I know that it isn't too early because my room is filled with sunlight. I glance at the time. Ugh... It is already 11. I missed breakfast and I should really get something to eat. However, I'm not hungry. Yesterday's revelations have ruined my appetite.

Knock. Knock.

I sigh. I really don't want to get up yet.

Tee's concerned voice slowly fills the room. "Detrick. Are you all right?"

SHIT!

I jump off the bed and I dash to the door. The only thought running through my head is that my brother is here.

I whip open the door. "Tee. I'm sorry."

However, it isn't only Tee, but Tae is here also. Tee tries to smile, but it can't erase the worry the is written all over his face.

He takes a step closer to me and whispers, "Detrick. Are you all right?"

Tae looks me, and a frown slowly forms on his face, as he asks, "Did you get any sleep last night?"

I don't know what I'm supposed to say. I still have so many questions, but I don't think that I'm mentally prepared enough to ask them or to hear the answers. I step aside and I let Tee and Tae into my room. I shake my head. "I didn't sleep much last night."

Tae stops next to me and pats my shoulder. "It is understandable. Tee could sense that there was something wrong. That is why we came."

I shake my head. "I don't understand."

Tae points to the bed. "Let's sit down and we will explain."

Tee wraps his hand around my wrist and pulls me towards the bed while Tae shuts the door. I still don't understand what he is talking about.

Tee sits down on the end of the bed and pulls me to sit next to him. Tae pulls the chair from my desk over and sits in front of us. He puts one hand on Tee's hand and the other on mine.

Why do I get the feeling that this is going to be another heavy conversation? I'm not sure if I really want to know what Tee was talking about, but in a way, I think I might already know.

I glance at Tae and then Tee. I take a deep breath. I can do this.

Tae looks at Tee and nods his head.

Tee slides a little closer to me as his grip on my hand gets a little tighter. "I can feel you. I can't really explain it, but I can. That is why all these years I argued with everyone that you were still alive. Now, that I've found you, I feel complete. Do you feel the same way?"

I slowly nod my head. "Yeah."

A small smile pops onto Tee's face. "I thought you might be feeling the same way. I'm relieved." He takes a deep breath. "Now, that we have actually met and we have talked, I can sense what you are feeling. I was restless all night long and I knew something was wrong with you. I didn't know what, but I could figure it out because of our conversation yesterday. I knew that you were worked up."

Well, that is a little bit of an understatement, but I have to agree that I'm worked up, even now. However, in a very odd way, it is a little comforting to know that he can feel when I'm upset. I have never had anyone connected to me like that. Well, my mother was always worried about me, but she would never say that she was connected to me on that level.

I don't know what to say. Instead, I nod my head.

Tae squeezes my hand, and I turn my attention towards him. He grins and softly chimes, "Don't forget that you have us to help you through this. You aren't alone." He glances towards Tee and his smile grows wider. "Tee finally has the piece of him that he has been missing for so many years." He turns back towards me. "We aren't going to let anything happen. We will take it as slow as you want. Just keep in mind that you have family who will be anxious to see and meet you as soon as they find out. You have so many people waiting for you."

For the first time since Tae and Tee left yesterday, I feel at ease and loved. Well, I know that Shane and Dee care about me and will protect me, but this is different. Having my brother's love is so much more than I had ever dreamed that it would be.

I fight back the tears that are trying to fallas I mumble, "Thank you." I want to saymore, but my mind isn't quite working. Plus, we have plenty of time to talk.

Posted November 25, 2019

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

33.7K 1.5K 38
*THIS STORY IS UNDER COMPLETE RECONSTRUCTION.* Prickly, sarcastic, self-aware Austin is roped into a risky dare by his best friend that leads to one...
874K 38.6K 36
-KIND OF MATURE- "I wouldn't fuck you if you paid me." Well, at least my question is answered. He can get more punchable. We glare at each other, I...
1.3M 41.4K 75
Jesse's life turns upside down once the football player from his school finds out he's gay. Because of that he has to obey to jock's every command or...
46.8K 2.9K 13
Copter takes another drink of beer and points his finger at Tee. "I bet you can't." Tee doesn't understand why they think it is such a big deal. He...