I Wanna Be Yours (Arctic Monk...

By bloodandbile

Leah never thinks much about the trip to California with her best friend, until a hotel room mixup with the a... More

Prologue
1) Embarrassment tends to find me, eh?
2) I'm not psychotic, Alex Turner
2.5) We don't need to press charges
3) Since when was dating apart of the plan
4) I'm not a dog, it's not pot!
5) I'm surprised you've put up with him
5.5) A strange dream
6) Cornerstone's a joke and so are you
7) I don't care about you; this isn't rocket science
8) Champagne doesn't cure bad acting (pt. 1)
9) The tux with a tacky yellow tie (pt. 2)
9.5) He doesn't come home that night
10) Pokerface and patience
11) Minor injuries, a marathon and miles
12) You're such a tease, Leah!
13) A bit of a PG-13 tantalizer, isn't she?
14) Matthew J. Helders rigged the dice, of course
15) Guide my hand and you're a natural
16) Pegged you for a Shakespeare fan, whoops
17) Ally and the gang and the tipsy interview
18) It's adorable when she's flustered
19) How you do this to me... it's unfair.
20) We are not whores, and we aren't extreme
21) Slipping into something more comfortable?
22) Your analogies are endearing
22.5) It was all perfect until the long pause
23) Be merry, or whatever our slogan is (pt. 1)
24) Jealousy and cleaning supplies (pt. 2)
25) That inevitable mysterious phone call
26) Popcorn Games and Halloween Charades
27) Explicit, with a touch of sweet
28) The morning after, the night crying
29) The twenty one gun salute (pt. 1)
30) Bitter advice and bitter coffee (pt. 2)
31) Waterworks, much? I hate you.
32) Temporarily; pretending things are okay
33) A letter everyday and Helders' trip
34) Most impulsive lullaby
35) There's always a second chance.
Epilogue
Announcement
Last exciting announcement!

20.5) Baby, I'm on the edge of my seat

4.6K 166 15
By bloodandbile

Not much recognition, among the faces in the crowd. I can walk through them, and I got a few glances, like I might've been somebody, but they were unsure. I had towards the beer gardens. I'm definitely not going to drink as much as I had before, but one beer. That won't do much. 

The bartender's my age. "Anything for you?" He smiles politely. 

"Just a beer, thanks," I smile. 

He fetches it out of the cooler and pops the top off. "That's four seventy five." I toss him a five dollar bill. "What is a pretty lady like you doing alone here?"

I laugh, despite myself. I take a sip of the beer. "That's a very vague question," I mumble. "What are you doing here?"

"Paying for law school, the hard way." He rolls his eyes. "Do you know how much college textbooks cost? It's horrible."

"Yeah, I do. Sorry buddy." He goes to talk to somebody else, nodding to me, and I drink my beer in silence. I listen to the bands. I know Alex is right backstage. 

The crowd screams when AM sets up, the last band of the night. It's ten o clock, and it's pitch dark outside. That's my cue to come back to the stage. I pass through the security and head through to the stairs. A set manager ushers me quickly to the side, with a seat beside Brea and Katie. I wave hi to them and make pointless chatter. 

I hadn't seen Alex since when we got on the bus. He's wearing tight jeans, a loosely buttoned white shirt, and a leather jacket. He doesn't see me. 

Suddenly the lights all turn on behind us, and the familiar riff of Do I Wanna Know comes on. I smile slightly to myself as I hear them play. It's one thing in an enclosed space, and another when they're live. 

After the song, Alex starts to speak. "Ello, America." The crowd cheers. Alex laughs. "I can say anything and you will all riot still, right?" More screaming, Alex laughs again. "This one is with my mates, Mister Miles Kane and Richard Hawley, everybody!" 

Nettles plays loudly. Then You and I. Then Little Illusion Machine. Miles even played Colour of The Trap. 

* * *

 He looks at me halfway during the song, during Little Illusion Machine; "Send a letter to me, baby...I'm on the edge of my seat." And I swore in that moment we were the only two in the world. He was sweating, his hair messy on his head. I tried to supress my grin. 

He smirked, then looked down at his feet. He finished the song with Miles. 

When the show was over, after the encore and a few Arctic Monkeys songs, he walked up to me, looming over. "Hello, Leah."

"You played pretty good," I say. 

"Good?" Alex raises eyebrows. "Just good?"

I nod, smirking. I bet it's ticking him off a bit. Set workers start to clean up the stage, people drift off on home. "I mean, it was alright." I shrug. 

"Alright," Alex chuckles. He steps away and bows. "Well, if it isn't the expert."

 "What can I say."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

143K 3.7K 35
The trip to California was nothing like Rhea had imagined. She had been looking forward to it for months but found it to be a total bore. When she m...
138K 3.1K 38
"I want to change your mind." "Alex... You're drunk." "But my thoughts are sober." You just broke up with your ex boyfriend, and Alex is there to com...
803K 22.3K 64
"You're drunk. You're always drunk. You can't keep coming here." "I didn't know where else to go."
70.1K 2.4K 16
| Alex Turner/Reader | An eccentric hotel owner and an inquisitive writer find solace in each other when they both seemed to be at the edge of rock b...