19) How you do this to me... it's unfair.

"I guess so," Alex says deeply and roughly, lips practically against mine. Chills run up my spine; the good kind of chills. I bite my lip. "What does that mean to you?" He asks in an elongated drawl.

I wrap my arms around his shoulders, slowly, and run my fingers on the back of his neck, up his hairline. He closes his eyes softly, and lets out a small moan. Then he opens his eyes slowly and smirks, gazing down at me. In that moment I had never been more attracted to somebody. "You have no idea," I whisper. 

At that moment Alex presses his lips against mine, and pushes me down onto the bed. He cups the sides of my face and our breaths are short. I feel his hipbones on mine, his knees resting on each side of my legs. My heart jumps out of my chest; at the realization that the only thing between us is the fabric of our clothing. The kiss is passionate, leaving me barely time to think. 

He bites my lower lip soflty, my hands playing with the fabric on the back of his shirt. "You drive me insane," Alex growls, and the only thing I can do his kiss him harder. "How you do this to me," he says between breaths, "It's unfair."

I break the kiss so we can both breathe and Alex chuckles, low and gravelly. He pushes his hair back into place and then holds my arms above my head, skin tingling. "You're so beautiful, Leah." Hearing my name on his lips.... Alex brings his head down and trails his lips up my arm to my hands, nibbling the skin lightly. 

"Alex..." I groan. He looks at me then, eyes full of lust, the deep brown eyes shaded and dark. 

"Yes, darling?"

"Stop teasing me."

Alex then moves on up my left arm. "Am I teasing?" He smirks against my skin. I try to take deep breaths. 

"Yes, you are," I say breathlessly. 

"Well," Alex says deeply, "what do you want me to do about it?" 

I tug on his shirt and he laughs, sexy and boyishly charming. Alex stands on his knees, and he takes off his shirt, slow and agonizingly painful. His chest is toned and lean, hard from so many nights playing concerts for hours, and throws it off the bed without taking his eyes off me. "Is that better," he mumbles. 

I try to supress a smile, blood pounding in my ears. I nod, chest moving up and down quicker. He leans back to me and trails his tongue on my teeth, and I moan softly. He takes that as a cue and runs his hands up my shirt a bit, so that his fingers play underneath my ribs. "Can I tell you something," he whispers on my lips. His hips grind into mine. 

"Please," I mutter. 

He stops kissing me for a moment to look at me right in my eyes. "I think I--"

Bang. We both instantly look towards the room's window, where the sound came from. Microphones were tapping against the glass, with about twenty reporters and paparazzi snapping pictures. Flash. Bang. Our names were repeatedly called. They hadn't been there long. 

"Shit," Alex curses. "How did they find us?" He takes my hand and moves us off the bed, quickly putting his shirt on, and tosses me my jacket. I put it on and he grabs his wallet and keys. "We have to leave, now."

I nod and we run out of the room, hopefully before they decide to come into the motel. I grip his hand tighter as I see some at the door. There's no back exit. I run a hand through my hair to hopefully make it more presentable. "We have to go through them," I say. 

Alex curses again and we shove open the doors. 

"Alex! Leah!" and "What happened," and "Tell us more," questions were yelled in our faces. We tried to walk as fast as we could through the crowd. His car was a few metres away. 

Some greasy bald guy shoves a camera into my face, wanting to know how serious we were. Alex glares at the guy. "Get that bloody camera away from her!" He growls. 

We jog to the car, and Alex quickly gets in the driver's side and we close our doors just in time so that the microphones couldn't be in our faces. People were shoving themselves against the glass telling us to open up the doors. That they were only trying to get the scoop. 

Alex starts the ingnition and revs the engine so that the paparazzi would get the picture and get out of the way. Then he slowly presses the pedal, not to run over anybody's feet, and accelerates until the people couldn't run as fast as the car, and drives off. I look behind my seat and watch as the reporters fade into the distance. 

I lean back against my seat, and let out a shaky breath, buckling myself in. Alex angrily runs a hand through his hair and grips the steering wheel until his knuckles are white. I give him a minute to calm, looking out the window and listening to the hum of the car, but he's still frusturated. 

 "It's over," I console him. "They're gone."

Alex mainly keeps his focus on the road, but looks to me a few times. "But what if--" He exhales loudly. "What if we weren't so lucky this time?" He shakes his head. 

"What do you mean?" I furrow my eyebrows. 

"Like--" Alex inhales sharply. "What if... we were," he pauses. "I don't know..." He has trouble getting the words out. "Doing other things..."

I get the picture, and I start to blush. I swallow. "Oh."

Alex nods. "Slimy bastards, aren't they..." His grip slowly loosens. "This was what I meant when you could've gotten hurt. I hate that I'm putting you in this situation."

I think of a good argument back, and my fingers play with the hem of my jeans. "Don't blame anything on yourself. You didn't know. Plus, you're always at risk anyway.