The Authentic Christian Life

By Keithlukeking

"Yes, I've believed in Jesus Christ. Now, what should I do next?" The Christian life is based on God's word... More

Brief info
You're valued
Refuse to worry
Receive Forgiveness
Your Words MATTER!
Horoscopes !
Don't fold your Arms
Celebrate the success of others.
THREE IMPORTANT THOUGHTS
You must first be Righteous to live Right
Who are you following?
Upgrade your Life.
Activate your faith
Reign in Life.
Speak with Maturity
OUR HANDS!
Life Without Limits
Tree of Righteousness
Be quick to Forgive
Talk Faith and Strength
The Right songs
Learn the Principles
Cultivate a Culture of Giving
Think Twice!
Discipline yourself to pray
Change that situation
See with the Eyes of Love

Memorise God's Word

39 6 0
By Keithlukeking

(Memorise God's Word: It's Good Spiritual Exercise)

"Keep this Book of the Law always on your lips; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful." Joshua 1:8

"Where's my lyrics app?" Todd questioned his classmate Vincent, with a frown.

"Todd, you spent all semester reciting and memorising music lyrics, and it cost you your grades. So I deleted it!"

"You did what?" Todd fumed, "There isn't any connection between my grades and that app, man!"

"Oh but there is! Look, I study and memorise God's Word and I always get A's. I think you should give memorising the Word a try!"

Some Christians can memorise and quote many scriptures off by heart, which is commendable. Whereas, some others erroneously assume that memorising scriptures is no longer fashionable. With the introduction of different electronic Bibles and Bible software where scriptures can be located at the tap or swipe of a screen, many Christians have relegated the importance of memorising scriptures in personal Bible study.

This ought not to be so. Learning to memorise scriptures is a very fundamental part of good Christian growth and development. Even though you have easy access to online Bible reference materials, we must exercise our minds to retain the Word of God. Our minds are the doorway to our spirits (2 Corinthians 4:4).

The Word of God has to be in our consciousness to produce results in our lives.

When you have read your Bible, pick out certain verses and recite them by heart. This is the beginning of meditation, and the more you do this, the more the Word will get into your spirit. The same way we take time to learn and memorise things in school, you have to discipline our minds to retain scriptures.

You'd be amazed at the impact it'll have on your life!

Further study
1Timothy 4:8;
Deuteronomy 11:18
Jeremiah 15:16

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.7K 920 35
Dani has loved Josh since high school. It started out as a crush, but a senior trip changed their lives forever. Suddenly, they were making a movie a...
509 51 41
*completed* Here we go with round 2...me writing down my personal revelations and "aha!" moments to help encourage and hopefully help or uplift you...
1.2K 116 9
[Featured on WattpadAnthologies] ~"Non-fictional Anthologies" RL ~ 23/11/2020 [Featured on Stori...
49.5K 2.3K 200
This book is for you, who wants to read about what life can be like, most of the times. This book has reminders, poetry, tips and tricks, quotes, te...