My big brother Luke (The Walk...

By DepressedCarrot

1st book of the 'My Big Brother Luke' series. Clementine and Luke get separated from the group at Howes. Only... More

1 - Strawberries
2 - Cold Spaghetti
3 - Grief
4 - Reception
5 - Speechless
6 - Wheezing
7 - Rapper
8 - Turner
9 - Roles
10 - School
11 - Laundry day
12 - Collectors
13 - Return
14 - Merry
15 - Jerick
16 - The Talk
17 - Sleepless
18 - Walk
19 - Nuptials
20 - Tipsy
21 - Headache
22 - News
24 - Shopping
25 - Skatergirl
26 - Lovebug
27 - Existance
28 - Forumla
29 - Mourn
30 - Teenagers
31 - Joyride (ending)

23 - Decisions

909 50 11
By DepressedCarrot

Thanks everyone for the votes etc lately. I love reading comments so please comment as much as you like :)
Also shipping names are awesome #Joshentine and #Lanna.

"Babies are gross" I say speaking to Anna.

"They're cute" she argues.

"Yeah, once they're born when they're in the stomach its just weird" I try to explain.

"Its only in there for nine months" she replies

"Then it just pops out?"

"I wish it was that easy" she laughs and rubs her stomach, she wasn't showing any bump yet but I didn't think it had been long enough yet.

"So how are you going to tell Turner. Are both of you doing it?" I ask.

"Yeah, you can come if you want. I'm not sure Jamie wants to go, it would be nice if you could make it" she says as we walk back to the office block to grab Luke.

"I'll come, I have nothing better to do"

We fetch Luke from the room and we all head towards the reception to tell Turner about the baby. Luke dings the bell on the desk and Danny runs down the stairs, Turners eldest son.

"What's happening today?" Danny asks.

"We need to speak to Turner, about important matters" Luke leans on the front desk as he speaks.

"I'll tell him Lukey is here" Danny winks ands runs back up the stairs. A few minutes later Turner comes back down the stairs sipping on a coffee, I could smell it.

"What can I do for you folks?" He asks sitting down at the desk.

"We have some news, I don't know if its bad or good" Luke says honestly.

"And that news is?" Turner refrains from taking another sip of the coffee.

"I'm pregnant" Anna blurts out in the open air.

"That's....great, congratulations" he stands up and shakes Luke's hand. I had a feeling he was taken back any didn't know what to say.

"Is this is going to be a problem?" Luke asks him.

"We've never had a birth here before. It will be interesting, we have a Dr so we can keep tabs on it. I will set a new collectors list for baby items, I take it about 8 months to prepare?"

"Quite possibly 7 months. I have no idea." Anna says honestly.

"Well we have a hell of a lot of baby formula. I made the collectors bring back everything they can find and when I mean everything I mean everything! I had a feeling this would happen, no worries though. We're in a stable environment, its safe." Turner sips on his coffee again.

"So you're okay with this?" Luke asks confused.

"Why wouldn't I be okay with it? I'm not going to slaughter her or anything. She's your god damn wife, we need new kids in this world anyway. Humans will be extinct soon with this messed up world. A baby would bring joy, a new generation is what we need." Turner says his point.

"Thank you buddy. I can't stress how grateful I am for all of your hospitality" Luke shakes Turners hand again.

"Its what I'm here for, oh and Clem. Can I borrow you?" Turner asks and I finally pay attention. My head shoots to face his direction.

I just nod.

"See you later Clem" Anna says as she waves and Luke gives me a small nod then her and Luke walk out hand in hand.

"So what do you want me for?" I ask Turner.

"Just wanted to speak to you, about collecting"

"Collecting? Like the collectors" I ask.

"I wanted to know if you wanted to be one" he says. I was shocked at his proposition.

"But I'm not 16 yet" I say in shock.

"But you can handle yourself. You're a smart girl" Turner says.

"What do I need to do?" I ask.

"Well its a big operation and that's why we need all the bodies we can. We now own one lorry and five trucks. We're taking all of them to a huge shopping mall south of here. Its a long operation and could take over a week. I need you to convince Luke to come, Jamie has already agreed. Even Josh and Danny will be there, this will be the biggest operation to date" he explains.

"I'll try, sounds...interesting" I reply.

"Its going to be dangerous and you could come across survivors, you tell them nothing about Wellington until we can trust them. You never know who they might be, they could destroy all of Wellington in a heartbeat. We have systems and they work we don't need anyone to come in and screw it up" Turner picks up a pen off the desk and twiddles it between his fingers.

"Agreed. I will do all I can" I say.

"You can only try your best. That's all I ask for. Next Friday is the date. Try and get Luke involved, he will probably be reluctant since I'm allowing you to go and taking him away from his pregnant wife putting him in the position of a decision between his wife and kid or you."

"I know what he'll choose" I sigh

"You never know, Luke's pretty protective of you and Anna is safe here"

"But then the question is, will Anna want Luke to leave her and risk getting killed. A baby without a dad, that's pretty horrible." I say in response.

"You'll be fine, I promise" Turner holds up one of his hands as an oath.

I felt excited. I had always wanted to go on a collectors mission ever since we got here. I could finally leave the walls and get some walker guts on my clothes, it was weird to think about but it was something I....missed.

"A collectors mission, a huge shopping mall. They're taking all the trucks" I tell Luke.

"And...why are you telling me this? Wait a second how do you know about this, we usually have briefings first" Luke says sounding confused.

"Turner...he wants me to go"

"Hell no, that is not fucking happening" Luke stands up and being to pace in anger.

"But I want to do it!" I say.

"But you're not, it's too dangerous." He argues.

"But I am. Turner said I can and I will. You can't tell me what to do" I fold my arms and give him a stare.

"Clem, you don't understand. This could be really bad, a shopping mall? Just imagine the head count!" He tries to speak some sense into me but I ignore him.

"I'm going whatever, Turner wants you to come as well"

Luke begins to pace even more and puts his hand behind his head. He was beginning to stress.

"I can't leave Anna alone with my kid, that's not right. But I can't leave you to go out and die" he finally sits down in the office chair.

"I'm not going to die. I will be fine, I promise." I try to persuade him.

"Fuck that I'm coming. I'm sure Anna will be fine for a week or so, she's not even that pregnant." He explains calming down.

"So you're coming?" I ask.

"Yes, but I don't want to"

"We all do things we don't want to do, but we have to live with it. See you later I'm going to the library" I jump off the bed and head towards the door.

"Clem wait" he grabs me by one of my shoulders before I leave.

"What?"

"I'm sorry I haven't been around lately, I've just been caught up in everything."

"No you've been caught up with Anna"

"Don't be jealous" he says.

"Who says I'm jealous?" I walk out of the door and leave.

I wasn't jealous of him and Anna, that would just be stupid. I just missed the times when Luke would stay in the room and teach me how to draw and then sleep beside me when it was cold. I just missed little things. The way things used to be.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

43 0 6
After the events of the first season, Winona, Clementine regroups with Omid and Christa, but Omid is killed during a rest stop. Months later, Christa...
52.7K 1.7K 20
(Reader is female) (FIRST BOOK IN THE SISTERS BY CHOICE SERIES) Clementine and (Y/N) have been best friends since Clem was three and (Y/N) was five...
8.3K 620 52
4th book in the 'My Big Brother Luke' series. With Wellington's biggest inspiration gone it's up to Lewis Turner to fill the position. Faced with mu...
65.2K 1.2K 24
The dead started walking when I was 9 years old, my mother just gave birth to my little sister named Bella but died after her birth. Me and Dad took...