To Mend Her.

By NiniBens13

Ronnie is homeschooled because she has a couple of disorders. She terribly hates leaving her house without ne... More

Prologue.
Chapter 1.
Chapter 2.
Chapter 3.
Chapter 4.
Chapter 5.
Chapter 6.
Chapter 7.
Chapter 8.
Chapter 9.
Chapter 10.
Chapter 11.
Chapter 12.
Chapter 13.
Chapter 14.
Chapter 15.
Chapter 16.
Chapter 17.
Chapter 18.
Chapter 19.
Chapter 20.
Chapter 21.
Chapter 23.
Chapter 24.
Chapter 25.
Chapter 26.

Chapter 22.

2.3K 90 2
By NiniBens13

"A band, honey? That's... interesting." Marilyn says over the phone. I just told her the news. She's attempting to sound encouraging, but the tone in her voice is telling me otherwise.

"Jonathan, the leader of the band, he lives by the island. South Padre mom, isn't that cool? He told me that the band has gigs in bars and sometimes they all travel around."

"Honey, do you think this is a good idea?"

'Here she goes.'

"You barely got out of Timberlawn and already you want to start a life as a bar singer? What about school, didn't you want to finish it officially?"

"I graduated so that's out of the picture. Now with my new job I'll save up some money to buy a small apartment by the beach, won't that be nice?"

"What about Hunter?"

"What about him Marilyn?"

"Are you with him or not?"

"I'm with him and I love him." I say looking down at his sleeping self, cuddling beside me on the bed.

"What will he think of you moving away?"

"He's going to be in college."

"What about you? Didn't you want to go to college also, start a life on your own. Not some dream that might not even happen."

"Dream? I never said I wanted to be famous, did I? I'm just happy I'm getting to do what I love the most."

"And college?"

"That's out of the picture."

"There's no point in arguing with you Ronnie, you're the most stubborn person I know."

"Mom, can you do me a small favor?"

"Yes."

"In the pocket of my suitcase there's a piece of paper, it has the numbers of my friends Alicia and Andrew can you text them to me. I want to give them a call later."

"Okay, honey."

"See you later, Marilyn, love you."

"Love you too, Ronnie."

As soon as I hang up I immediately go back to hugging my handsome boyfriend.

"Your talking woke me up." Hunter mumbles into my neck, placing light kisses in the process.

"I'm sorry."

"It's okay. Let's change so we can go get breakfast and afterwards we can go swimming in the lake. Does that sound good?"

"It sounds perfect if you're there with me."

"I'll be by your side the whole time."

~~~~~~

All of us, including Ivan and Ellie, are at the dining hall that belongs to this beautiful campground.

As Hunter was about to speak to me I notice Jonathan and his fiance walk in. They both make their way to us hand in hand.

"Can we sit here?" He asks.

"Sure."

"Ivan, Ellie this is Jonathan the guy who I told you about, with his fiance..."

"Miranda." She answers.

"Jonathan, Miranda this is my big brother with his girlfriend."

They start talking amongst themselves so I take the time to go back into conversation with my boyfriend.

"What were you going to say Hunter?"

"I got accepted at UTRGV."

"You did?" I say excited for him.

"Wait? Weren't you hoping for A&M?"

"That was my first choice, but seeing as my girl is here in the Valley there's no other place I'd rather be than here with her."

"I love you, Hunter."

He smiles his wide smile that always makes me go breathless.

"I love you more, beautiful."

Afterwards he takes my hand under the table, placing them on his lap and starts playing with my fingers.

"Ronnie?" Jonathan says, getting my attention.

"Yes?"

"When exactly are you leaving this place?"

"Early Monday morning."

"Do you think maybe Miranda and I can take you to our place so you can meet the others."

I look over at Hunter.

"Do you maybe want to come with me?"

"I'm currently moving into an apartment, I won't have much time." He answers.

I frown lightly, but nod.

"It's okay."

~~~~~~~

The insecurity was settling in as I saw all the beautiful girls in bikinis showing off their flawless bodies while I'm here with scars on mine.

"Take it off." Hunter motions to the towel wrapped around my body.

"I don't know how to swim."

"Liar, Ivan told me stories when you were younger that you loved spending time swimming at the beach."

I glare at Ivan, he gives me a questioning look.

"Your body is perfect, in fact all of you is perfect." Hunter says

"That's what all boyfriends are supposed to say to their girlfriends."

"I'm saying the truth."

"Hunter go swim. I'll be sitting right here."

"Tell me what's wrong."

"There are scars on my body. I don't want anybody to look them."

"How about we go over there?" He points to a spot where no one is at.

"Yeah, let's go before Ivan wants to tag along."

Hunter takes my hand and we quickly make our way to the other side of the lake.

As I was taking off the towel wrapped around my body off, Hunter's eyes went to my stomach where most of my scars are at. He catches me by surprise once he starts tracing some with his finger.

"You're still very beautiful, even with these faded scars." Hunter says, pulling me in for a hug, kissing the top of my head.

"Thanks Hunter."

"I have another present for you."

"Is it another star?"

"Something better, something that has more meaning to it."

'What can possibly be better than a star?'

Hunter pulls out something from his pocket. The shimmering of something shiny captures my full attention.

"What's in my hand is a promise ring."

"Promise ring?" I gasp.

"This is such short timing seeing as we haven't spent that much time together because you were gone. We both still have a lot to learn from each other, but I know better than what we have going on between us is true love. I've told you before Veronica that when I first laid eyes on you that I immediately knew you were my whole world. This ring right here is a sign of commitment. It's a sign that we have a future together, in other word's a marriage or maybe even kids. I hope to God Veronica that you feel what I feel."

"Of course I feel what you feel."

He laughs lightly at himself, opening his closed hand, revealing the most beautiful ring I've ever laid eyes on. It was a silver band with a beautiful diamond star in the middle. Just the sight of it made me awestruck.

"Do you accept this ring? A sign of a beautiful beginning leading to a perfect forever."

I was too lost for words all I could do was nod. He smiles the whole time while putting it on the finger where the engagement ring goes.

"You just wait and see, the next time I'll be putting a ring on this finger is when I ask for your hand in marriage."

"Can't wait for that day to come."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

160K 6.3K 27
Carter can't stand it when anyone touches him. As depression eats away at him, his parents only seem to make things worse. They call him a disappoint...
944 47 22
my names is Silence. because of the hell i go through, i cant feel anything. i cant feel anything but the painful pleasure. my plan is to run away wh...
Bruised Love By Ameh

Teen Fiction

167 15 10
Written by @CarRene92 and I. Aspen and Kieran have no clue what is going to come next... From a broken home, Kieran has to cope with the death of h...
99 20 10
Ophelia never fit in with the others in her school, she was too nerdy, too weird, too fat. She didnt want to be identified with any of that anymore a...