Master to Heroes, But an Aven...

By Weebtactics

Izuku Midoriya, all his life having a vast fascination to heroics. Be it work the heroes of today's modern s... More

Prologue: The Begining of Dispair [1/2]
Prologue: The Beginning of Dispair [2/2]
What is a Magus? A Master or a Hero?
Lords Arriving and Servants Uniting
Lessons and Arms of War
The Mighty Conquest of Exams is Upon Us!
Onward to Celebrate Today! Tomorrow Comes Orientation!
First Day in School is always a Trial
Enter My Domain as an Avenger, Dear Heroes!
Murder, Crafts and Field Trip, Oh My![Part 1]
Murder, Crafts and Field Trip, Oh My! [Part 2]
Perceptions of Death and War
Yorokobe Shounen! For Preparations of the Holy Grail!
A Declaration to the Return of the Holy Grail War!
A Phantasmal Holy Grail War Finally Begins!
The Reunited Fight Under Shinjuku's Skys
Of Pride, Honor and Beserking Rage
My One True Friend

The Lord, The Prodigy and The Upstart Avenger

5.6K 128 110
By Weebtactics

"Kairi..." Lord El Melloi VII stated as he was in a car ride late at night. Having arrived at 2 in the morning and Kairi taking him back to his home to crash during his stay here in Japan. Soon looked out of the window. Feeling the cold night air in his face, but also sensing the Laylines and amounts of Mana used.

"Damn that kid...Guess he wanted to go ahead and summon. But still, to summon multiple servants. Hey Lord, give him an earful for me when we see him in the morning." Kairi said as he let out a breath of smoke escape his lips. 

"Depends on the servants he's summoned and what they are. I could give him hell beyond what I give at the Clock Tower." He stated as he looked down at his closed briefcase. Touching it gently as he could see the object he took back from the Clock Tower Treasury.

[Next Morning- 10:00 am]

In a spacious apartment near the station downtown in Musutafu, Lord El Melloi woke up and readied himself for the day to transpire. First waking up, shower, brush his teeth, get dressed and hopefully when Kairi wakes up to get something to eat.

He was already set within twenty minutes after taking a brief shower and waited for his friend to get his ass up. And already he saw him get out from his room yawning and heading for the shower. 'Has being a teacher really affected my time to spend my weekends like a schedule? Damn it. I somehow blame Tohsaka and Luvia for this.' The Lord thought a bit peeved as he now heard the showers being turned on

After a half our of the Necromancer getting ready, both headed out and stopped briefly at a café to pick up a light breakfast and then made their way to the residential areas of Musutafu. heading to one Midoriya household. 

"Alright. We're a few houses down from the kid's place. You got your story set?" Kairi asked El Melloi as he sighed and rubbed his temples after lifting his glasses up. The man almost tempted to pull out a cigar and light it and smoke it in Kairi's face.

"I'm a friend of yours from London and a teacher at a private academy. My subject is history and science and you decided to show me around for my visit. I'd offer to give some lectures if this Izuku Midoriya is interested." He said as he looked a bit angry at Kairi.

"Yes I believe I got my story straight. But why make it seem convincing." He asked as they stopped in front of the door as Kairi knocked on it. "His mother is a bit of a worry wart." He said as mentioned mother opened the door and hugged Kairi briefly. Almost squeezing the tall man dispite her petite and shorter frame.

"Kairi! It's been a while! Here to see Izuku and me again? Oh, a friend of yours?" She asked as she released him and looked over to El Melloi as he bowed to the mother in courtesy. "Good morning ma'am. I am Professor Charles Waver Velvet, I teach English and History in a private academy back in England." He said using a faux name on the spot as Inko seemed to buy it.

"I was visiting here since I had vacation days unused and Kairi was kind enough to show me around. He also mentioned another historic friend of his and his nephew. A Izuku Midoriya am I correct?" He asked as Inko smiled awkwardly and nodded yes. Waving her hands to have them stop for a moment as she ran in back to her house.

As she left. Both Kairi and El Melloi talked again. "Charles Waver Velvet?" Kairi asked as the Lord sighed as he rubbed his temples. "It seemed convincing enough for her. And I was in a tough spot since you never mentioned I have to introduce myself or a name." He said as Kairi smirked back at him.

"Still, surprised you used part of you real name instead of that title crap you keep telling people to get correct." Kairi smirked as he saw the Lord grit his teeth and kick a bit of dust to the side. Soon hurried footsteps reached his ears as he saw the door re-open again.

This time greeting him was a young boy no more than thirteen, perhaps fourteen at best. Wearing an open light blue sweater with the sipper linings in orange and peach blue triangle patterns. Underneath that was a simple white t-shirt and wearing loose black pants that ended near the upper half of his shin and having somewhat tight legging material attatched to it. And red sneakers on.

What the Lord then felt was when he reached back inside and grabbed his bag. Feeling mass amounts of prana and Mana inside a messanger bag he slung over his shoulder and fixed properly before looking at both of them. He smiled as he waved hello to Kairi.

"Hey Uncle Kairi. Is this that professor you mentioned?" Izuku asked as the lord was relieved he wasn't an idiot and knew he'd be coming. "Yeah. This is the guy kiddo. Say Inko, sorry to do this last minute but mind if I take the kid with us. Charles here wanted to see some historic sights of Japan and since the kid like history..." Kairi goaded on as Inko approved of it and the three of them walked away.

"A Lord interested in me. Tell me, is the Clock Tower keeping tabs on my family?" Izuku asked as the tension around them lessoned and became worse. Lord El Melloi took note of the boy's question and soon pondered thoughts to himself.

'So he knows about the Clock Tower and my status.' "I see you've done a bit of research Izuku Midoriya. Tell me, how much do you truly know of the tower's history?" He countered back at izuku as he rubbed his chin with his index and thumb.

"Not too much unfortunately. But I've read and found studies and records of the Holy Grail and its wars. Along with the once thriving population of being magus to now little numbers today in comparison. And the fact of the founding fathers of the Mage Association. But I don't know the in-and-outs of the Clock Tower, but all I know it functions as part academy and part of the association to keep tabs on others." Izuku said as the Lord chuckled.

"Well for an outside magus you far succeed most in knowledge prior than when Executioners or members come by to them. However, sofar the association doesn't know about you. If they did they'd send some one or many to keep an eye on you for safe measurements." Lord El Melloi said as he pushed his glasses up as they walked past the beach and headed to where they still felt most of Mana leaking out.

"Don't take it too personally. It's just cautionary measurements." "I suppose it's understandable since its been years since a Holy Grail war occurred or when need of a Servant to be summoned. Looking back on it now, I was surprised I wasn't visited sooner." Izuku said as he followed to the woods where he summoned his servants last night.

Returning back to the area he summoned them as Kairi and El Melloi inspected the area. "Gotta say kid. I'm a bit impressed with this place you summoned. A channel leading to the Laylines in Fuyuki and practically almost the size of a large Layline itself." Kairi praised as he patted his nephew's back with a bit of pride.

"With this mass of mana, I have to ask how many did you summon last night." El Melloi said as Izuku dug into his bag and pulled out seven cards varying from bronze to gold as he held them out. Surprising El Melloi and Kairi immensely as they re counted the cards he was holding.

"I have in total in my hand eight servants, but truth be told I have nine servants in total. Saber!" Izuku said as they two adults watched as the servant Avenger materialized before their eyes. Donning a sword of silver and red with heavy armor and surprised of a woman's face grinning at them.

"You called master? Who are these men?" She asked as she had her hand on her hilt. "The one in glasses is my Uncle Kairi. And the other is a magus of the Clock Tower. Known as Lord El Melloi VII. They came to see you and the others I summoned." Izuku explained as Saber nodded her head.

"Holy hell Izuku. Nine in total!? How haven't you shot your circuits yet?!" Kairi shouted in a bit worry and awe as he had heard only stories but to see a servant in actuality is a whole other thing. 

"Interesting. Mordred of the Round Table as your Saber. And two assassins. And an Avenger!?" Lord El Melloi said as he observed his servant and cards as he inspected them carefully and in awe. As he also was then transpired by the Rider Class card being both Gold and Silver class.

"Tell me, Izuku Midoriya. What is with the Rider Class card? Why is it appearing to be both grades of classes instead of one? And What servant is this?" He asked Izuku as his eyes widened in intense and curiosity. Izuku was trying to come up with an answer, but the card soon dissolved in the Lord's hand and appeared in the center of all of them.

Lord El Melloi's eyes widned as he saw a flash of red flowing before him. Soon becoming that of a cape. And there wearing it was a young boy of Izuku's age. With red hair rugged and mess. Wearing red war armor fir for fighting in the sands of past as he had a sword by his hip and smiled ever so grand and wide.

"Hark! Who boads me to be summoned upon. Master Izuku Midoriya. Are these new allies of us to our quest of conquest?" The boy asked as Izuku laughed and rubbed the back of his head a bit as Lord El Melloi fell to his knees and stared at the Rider Servant.

"This is-" "Alexander the Great...Iskandar..." Lord El Melloi said in a soft tone. His eyes trembling with on the very edge of almost sheading tears as he still looked at the young Rider as he caught his attention. Rider went closer to the Lord as he inspected him closer and hummed.

"That face...and I sense one of my treasures upon you. Yet your face again seems so recognizable to me? What treasure is it you have from me." He asked as Lord El Melloi opened his case, showing out to all that was a piece of red cloth tattered and still a deep shade of red velvet.

"I am." "AHAHAHAHA! YES!!! It's come back to me now!" Rider shouted with glee as he picked up the Lord with ease to his feet dispite the vast difference in size as he hugged him and slapped him on his back. Causing him to wince but it paid no mind.

"It is so great to see you again my Retainer! Waver Velvet! Ho you've grown well! Even surpassing that suggestion of a wish for an extra 30 centimeters of height for you!" Rider said with many filled emotions as the saddened and happy look on the Lord was not noticed by him.

"Rider. You said he was your master correct? Was he a part of the Holy Grail Wars?" Izuku said as he looked a bit saddened of doing this. But smiled as he felt his servant's joy in his heart. His servant looked back to him and nodded with pride.

"Yes! We had quite a magnificent journey in the Fourth Holy Grail war together. Facing off Beserker and even witnessing Lancer and Saber fight to-" Rider's words fell silent on his ears as he soon halted talking. Recalling what he spoke of now. And looked back to the saddened and happy smile of the Lord.

"Rider. The Fourth Holy Grail War was over 200 years ago. Immortality and preservation of youth with quirks didn't exist back then." Izuku said as the Lord nodded and looked at Rider. "It is true, your master is right. I am not the Waver Velvet you had as a master all those centuries ago. But, I'm glad to witness the servant my great-grandfather cherished and looked upon so well for my very eyes."

He said as Rider's eyes widened as the Lord continued.

"My name is Waver Rein Velvet II. My second great-grandfather was your Waver Velvet you had as a master in the fourth holy grail war with you. He always told me and my family of the kind of man you helped him become." Waver said as he started to tear up a bit as Rider bit his lip and wiped his eyes. Preventing more tears to shed than now.

"I see. Tell me desendant of my Retainer. Did he achieve the dream he aspired. Of gaining respect and a proper title back home and to other they respected and feared him." He asked as Waver nodded. 

"He was the sole member of our family to bring us to a high standing in the Association. Many of his students feared and respected his teachings that placed out family where we are now. And he was the first of us to be given the grand title of 'Lord'. He was the first of us, while I am the sixth to gain the title our family kept so long." He said as Rider turned ans started to shimmer.

"I am glad my Retainer kept his vow to his king. However, my appearance is not the one that you deserve to see. For some reason I remember how I was back then. But now, I can feel myself aching to reach that level of honor I was in my prime in life." He said as he looked back at Waver and smiled.

"Waver Rein Velvet the Second! Call me a bit selfish to ask and order you despite your ancestor having served me. But I tell you this. Teach my master all he can and know. And soon, I give word as King of Conquerors you will see myself ride into glorious battle as the Heroic Spirit your ancestor fought along side!" Rider yelled as he shimmered and soon glowed. Returning to the duel class card he originated from.

Waver smiled for a moment, before turning to Izuku with a serious manner. "Izuku Midoriya. Since my family of the first Waver Velvet served under the Rider Iskandar, I can not refuse a request from that Heroic Spirit. Therefore, for the time I stay here till I return back to London. You will be under my tutelage."

Izuku was surprised to hear something sounding so generous coming from the Lord a moment ago thought was cold and professional. "You have no choice in this matter. And this will require you to understand various forms of history, philosophy, science and even excersising in Mana and your Prana."

"I understand. And this couldn't be more of a perfect timing for me." Izuku said as he looked at Lord Waver II and smirked. "My original plan was to have practice utilizing the Installment form with my servants and have them train my body while I train my mind and use in Magecraft and skills. But with the teachings you'll provide me then it'll be more efficiant to learn."

"So when do we get started?" Izuku asked as Waver smirked down at the boy as Kairi shook his head as he reached for one of his smokes in his pockets and lit it up. Seeing the interaction between the two Magus he let out a long drag of smoke.

'Honestly kid, Waver's ether gonna break you, or you'll break him. Both of those are gonna be a pain in the ass.' Kairi thought as they soon walked out of the woods as he overheard them making preparations and asking questions of the planning and training to create.

"Ten months before this U.A exam is in action. Given by the Japanese standards of education it wouldn't leave a lot of time for you with the supposed school work they give you." Waver said as they walked along the beach.

"Please, school is more or less killing time while I just do the work they give us. Most of the stuff is easy thanks to the History books I keep reading. The issue is for me that currently this beach is the ideal spot for me to practice my physical part of my training. But probably early morning or late nights are when I can-"

"So this is what brought you to Japan Lord El Melloi." 

A voice called out to their attention as they saw across the street a familiar face for Kairi and Waver, but new to Izuku. To his eyes. This girl wore a red turtleneck sweater with the design of a small catholic cross on her chest. Her long dark brown hair, highlighting her blue-green eyes, reaching her back as also part of it was tied in twin tails. 

With also wearing a short miny skirt reaching only half way of her thighs while the rest were covered in black thigh-high knee socks and wearing brown loafers on. She pointed at Lord El Melloi VII who scowled at her as she marched her way across the street and looked up to him angrily.

"Another Magus in my territory and you have the gall to say I'm not to be involved or welcomed back to my home terret-OWWW!" She started off in a rant but then held her forhead and rubbed it to soothe the pain as she saw the Lord's finger flicked out and smoking as he scowled down at her.

"You idiotic and prideful student of mine! Must I remind you to at the VII when addressing me! And It was of a personal matter not needing your interruption, Rin Tohsaka." The girl, now introduced as Rin Tohsaka then looked over at Izuku as she glared at him. Pointing a finger in his face and getting closer to him.

"You! Why did you not even try and contact my family to gain the right to practice magecraft in my family's territory. As the 23rd owner of the territory you have to come to my family and ask us to practice any form of magecraft and permission of what type you moron!" 

She yelled at him as Izuku was no means a rude person and kind to others, and while most treated him badly due to lack of quirk. Majority of people still returned that kindness he gave. However the difference is he senses she was also a Magus, and very rude and demanding, and was already irritating him and three of his servants just now as he felt it by their cards.

"Master..Should I nick her by the cheek as an example. This upclass bitch deserves it!" Mordred commented in his head as others soon joined.

"No! I wanna see her burned and on fire. Let me burn her religious ways and incinerate her ashes for insulting Husband for doing nothing wrong!" Kiyohime said as she was smiling devilishly with widened eyes and ready to burn the girl.

"Mmm, perhaps drowning her in poisoned sake~ will burn and melt her insides well to be a lovely treat for me to dine. Ahh~ Darling. Please let me serve this whore a fine cup." Shuten commented as Izuku held himself from blushing from her Kyoto-Ben (Ben= Dialect) as it sounded heaven in his ears and oddly satisfying.

"Midoriya...Let me show this little girl what it feels like to know despair!!!" Edmond said as he was grinning wickedly in his head and his eyes and body engulfed in flames of rage and sadiction. Eager to show how despair and hell would be like.

'Allow me to handle this without need of bloodshed and over violence.' Izuku thought as while he wasn't fond of his servants willing to kill this Rin Tohsaka, he wasn't going to take anymore insults or accusations for being a faulty magus.

"Tell me Rin Tohsaka. You said that in order for me to gain use or practice any sort of magecraft I first have to ask for your permission?" Izuku said as Rin then was taken slightly aback by his reaferment question.

"U-um. Yes! You have to get permission to use and practice under my territory." She stated haughtly as she held her head up in pride. "But you see. if I recall, it was in Fuyuki in Koto. Meaning Koto is your territory correct?" Izuku stated calmly as his hair shadowed a bit of his eyes, darkening them but still clear for her to see them.

"You see...were in Musutafu, Shizuoka. A city that is quite further and farther away from Fuyuki. Though still by all means a few minutes away from the middle point being in Tokyo by the subway lines and trains." Izuku said as he leaned forward and looked at her coldly.

"Meaning...we're not in your territory now are we?" He asked in a dull voice he used as Edmond a few times. His hair then waived in the wind as he saw Rin shiver and step back from him. She shivered and looked away in slight fear from his gazing eyes of disappointment on her.

"Midoriya you are immediately henceforth my apprentice." Waver said as he was dumbfounded of how he had the upper hand and could shut one of his loudest and prideful student with ease and logic so quick and cause her to fear him.

"Also Tohsaka Rin. You claim that all of japan is your territory correct? Do you imply or make means that you will conquer all of Japan as for your selfish little goals and status as of the founding families?" Izuku goaded on as to this point Rin was a shaking mess under his stare.

"Now then. I think we should call it a day on planning out my teachings Lord Velvet II. I think after her it calls for a relaxing evening." Izuku said as he thumbed at Rin as she flinched and glared at him.

"Hey call him Lord El Melloi VII you idiot! And Velvet isn't-"

"True, I suppose some downtime is the best thing for now. What specifically is there to do here that's fun Midoriya. Also do you happen to know if there's any good coffee shops and cafe's in the area? I could go for something sweet at the moment with dark coffee." Lord Waver said without bothering to wait for Rin to finished as the trio of men walked continuously past Rin as she then followed them.

'Who the hell is this third-rate magus! Lord El Melloi comes and visits him and he treats him proper while at the clock tower he's hard on all of us! Even me and that Luvia thief! And now he's HIS apprentice when he rejected everyone in class so-far!' Rin thought as she now joined the group as Midoriya explained to Lord Waver of the area and things to do for fun.

'Just you wait Izuku Midoriya. I'll be far superior than you than already now! Then we'll see how you like it when you're looked down upon!' She thought as she grinned as she then felt him bump into his back and winced how she felt hit but he didn't even budge.

"You know Tohsaka Rin, if you hold grudges or petty anger then I think you may want to practice hiding it from everyone." Izuku said bluntly as she froze and bit her lip. "It's not the first time people tried to hide their distaste for me. I can usually pick it up easily, but by far you are like an open book."

"S-Shut up you idiot! What are you, a stalker analyzer or something!?"

"No I'm a magus with about nine servants, including the Avenger class as well. Along with having the highest source and area of potent mana and prana and impressive reserves concidering the ritual to summon all of them only left me winded instead of dying." Izuku said honestly as Rin growled and started pulling on her hair.

"You smartass!"

"I am flattered you acknowledge my intellect but please don't stair at my behind. That's sexual harassment in some cultures." Izuku said with a straight face, but honestly on the inside he was dying of laughter from how easily annoyed and angered this supposed Prodigy Magus got. And his servants were fully agreeing with his sense of sadism and joy it brought him.

Shuten and Kiyohime did enjoy the small suffering the girl was going through, dispite not having their means of "fun" to do with her. Lancer, Rider and Archer snickered and tried their best to hold their laughs amongst themselves as a bet among them. Sanson smirked and smiled at the childish antics of Rin falling for his wording like an idiot.

The ones that practically howled his head with joyous and pure hearted laughter were Edmond as expected. And surprisingly Caster and Mordred that find the girl very humorous in the way she kept acting like a fool and using her family name as well for her pride.

"Shut up idiot! And stop saying it with a cool straight face!" Rin said as she pointed at him in anger as the adults Kairi and Waver snickered as she kept spouting how better she was at him and commenting on his attitude and looks. Unknowist to her she made it sound as though she was flirting with him like a tsundere girl would.

'Oh I think this is gonna be an interesting time with Lord Velvet and Tohsaka Rin staying here..' Izuku thought in a bitter sweet mind as he was looking for the lessons and teachings. Even a bit of competition with the infamous prodigy of the Tohsaka family. But the bitter part would be her attitude of him.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20.4K 478 13
Izuku Midoriya has always wanted to become a hero despite being quirkless. He admired every hero he came across but he admired one more than the othe...
7.4K 159 28
Hero... What was it again? A dream I aspired to be when I was a kid. I know, pretty stupid to forget the meaning of what you want accomplish. Hero :...
190K 10.1K 33
(Y/n) Midoriya was just like any other kid growing up in the world of heroes. He wanted to be just like them. so much so, his dream was to one day be...
40.1K 757 12
{My Hero Academia x Male Reader} In a world where superheroes and quirks reign supreme with 80% of the population achieving these incredible powers...