Gentle Predator

By Jia-Belle

Who do you become when you've lost yourself? When the world you know is torn into pieces, is it not easy for... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35

Chapter 27

182 7 2
By Jia-Belle

Gentle Predator 27

It felt as if it was forever Noah has been running, and it didn't look like he was planning to stop either. All the while I was riding on his back my mind kept drifting off to all that have happened today. A lot of things have actually happened today. For one it starts with the whole thing between Jessie and Alyson. I hope that she was alright and I hope that she will make it. Jessie on the other hand did not have such a promising fate. She was dead. I guess it was a good thing that she was because she was about to kill Alyson. Yet, I can't find it in myself to be happy that she was. I considered her my friend, and all these things she did to me were her way of protecting me. It was an odd way, but she wanted to bite me to turn me into a wolf. If I was a wolf then that would leave the others no reason to attack me. I understood her crazy tactics and I understood why she did it. Jessie did not deserve to die like this. Not by the hands of those humans.

Speaking of which, I understood their reason for attacking the wolves as well. I do not know the full story, but from what I heard the wolves killed off a great amount of humans that were living here. The others were forced to never step foot on pack territory unless they wanted to die. I get why Nick and his friends wanted revenge, but still these are my friends. Most of them may not like me in this pack, but at least I had a few that cared about me. Alyson risked her life trying to save me from Jessie. The twins left with Noah so I'm sure they were out there protecting the pack as well. And no matter how much he tries to play it off, I know that Dylan cares about me. I can't count how many times he has saved me in the pass. If he didn't care then he wouldn't have. I'm already a human, so keeping me here would just be a great burden on him. Yet he let me stayed and he protected me. They all tried to protect me, so now it was time for me to protect them. I will do whatever it takes to try and help my friends survive this battle that is about to start.

I have a strange feeling this is more than just the humans wanting revenge. It hit me when that wolf started attacking the other wolves. That was something that was puzzling to me. And why did Dylan wanted me gone so suddenly? There was just something wrong with this whole picture. Let us not forget that name Nick said earlier today. Alycia? The name rang a bell, but I did not know which bell was ringing. Could it be that I'm Alycia? Is that my real name? If it is then who is she and why can't I remember her at all. And why does Nick know who I am? Is he someone from my past as well, but he refuses to tell me? My mind then went off to when I met that guy at the mall. He said I looked like his girlfriend, but she was dead.

Could it be that I am... It is impossible.

There is no way that I can be his girlfriend when I can't even remember not the smallest detail about him. Isn't that how losing your memory works? When you see someone or something in your past it feels like déjà vu? Oh this is all so confusing. I just wanted this whole day to end. Better yet I wish it had never happened and things went back to normal. I sighed leaning against Noah's back clutching the fur around his neck tighter in my hands. He raised his heavy head to take a glance at me before turning back ahead as he slowed down his running. I looked in the distance as well and noticed that we were coming close to the pack house. From here I could see that there were two wolves standing in the front yard walking around as if on portal. The moment the saw Noah and I, their bodies went stiff but didn't look like they were going to attack us. In fact, they met us half way and walked us to the house.

When we reached in front of the house, Noah bent down and shook himself, motioning for me to get off. I quickly jumped off his back to only be licked by one of the wolf that was there. It was the copper one to my right. I turned around almost scared, but noticed the playful look in his eyes. The wolf began to prance around me. His wet nose would softly hit against my arm or my stomach as he circled me. I was a bit confused by how playful it was, but I could not help the smile that formed on my face.

"That's Louis," I heard from behind of me. I turned to the voice but quickly turned back around. My cheeks burned red at the sight that was behind of me. There Noah stood in the nude as if it was normal. I knew changing back into your human form mean you were going to be naked but geez. Noah did that on purpose. I cleared my throat trying to rip myself of the sight. "Why is he so playful? And why are they here?" I asked with my voice shaking with nerves.

"Louis is always playful. He's worse in his wolf form."

I felt a grab of my hand and soon I was being pulled towards the door by a naked Noah. With all my might, I tried my best to look away and to not stare at his ass or any part of his rather beautiful body. Oh dear... My cheeks went hot again.

"I called the twins over here for extra protection." Noah said as he led us up the stairs.

"Why? Aren't the humans on the other side of town? They are not even after me."

"They do not in fact have an interest in you, but that does not mean the wolves don't."

"Really? All of this is going on and they are still focused on me?"

"This is a large pack. There are enough wolves to deal with both situations." I sighed rolling my eyes as I was lead to my room. Noah turned around and instantly my eyes shifted to the ceiling. I heard him chuckle, and then went serious again. "We can't stay here, Stella. You can't stay here." He simply stated opening the door to my room. Noah then grabbed a hold of my shoulders and forced me to look into his warm eyes. The amount of intensity that were in them made the shade of blue even more beautiful.

"I need you to pack a few things for a road trip."

I raised my brow, "A road trip?"

"Yeah, I'll explain it you in the car. For now, go pack a few things. I'm going to get some clothes on and I'll come right back for you."

Before I could protect, he placed a kiss on my lips then shoved me into my room. He then disappeared down the halls leaving me by myself. A road trip? Why are we going on a road trip and why can't I stay here anymore? You know what; I don't have the energy to argue with anything Noah has to tell me. I was drained from everything that has happened to me today. Asking questions and arguing is only going to make me feel even more tired than I am. So, I decided to listen to what Noah told me. With that, I searched for a good size bag around my room. When I finally found a duffle bag, I went to the draw and packed the things someone would need for a road trip. Hell, I even packed a book or two.

When I was about done, Noah came back to the door of my room and leaned against the frame. I noticed that he had a bag of his own and finally he had some clothes on. He gave me a small smile, "Are you done? We are on a tight schedule." I rolled my eyes at him again, but nodded my head. He motioned for me to follow him and so I did. We went back downstairs. Noah grabbed the keys on the counter then out the door we went. When we went outside, the twins were still there circling around the front yard. Noah quickly went to the black jeep that was parked in the drive way, opened the trunk, and threw his bag inside. I quickly followed behind of him doing the same.

"Wait here for a moment." He said heading where the twins went. Standing there I took in a deep breath running my hands through my hair. All I want to do is take a long nap and hopefully I could forget this nightmare. Wherever Noah was taking me, I hope there was a bed I can sleep in. Heck, if I had to then I would take a nap in the car. I sighed again rubbing my hands over my face trying to keep myself awake. I guess I can go sit in the car. It's better than just standing here. With the thought, I went around the jeep to the passenger seat. I was just about to open the door when something caught my attention. Coming straight for the pack house, was a group of running wolves. Now I know, there was no way in hell they were going to protect me with that deadly look in their eyes. This was what Noah was talking about when he said I was still a target. The thought made me pissed the hell off. You don't see me walking around shooting people with silver bullets. No, but you still want to kill me! I huffed turning around, and calling for Noah. He quickly turned around and saw what was coming.

A growl then left his lips, "Get inside!" He yelled running towards the car. I didn't hesitate opening the door and getting in. I was just putting on my seatbelt as Noah entered as well slamming the door behind of him. He instantly started the car and began backing out of the drive way. That did not stop the wolves from charging ahead. No, that made them move faster.

"Noah, they're coming closer." I panicked looking out the window.

"Yeah, I can see that, Stella." He snapped. As soon as we were out the drive way, he put the car to drive and stepped on the gas pedal. I swore I was about to die by the speed the jeep took off in. Geez, I rather the wolves catch me then go through this hell again. I turned around to see what was happening behind of us. The wolves were still coming, but now they were slowed down by the twins. Even though it was two against a group, I could tell they were holding their own. The twins were two large wolves and were bigger than most of the wolves they were fighting. They are sure to win. I took a deep breath, turning back forward and slumping in the seat.

"Where are we going?" I asked Noah feeling even more drained that before.

"Out of pack territory. It's the safest place for you right now."

"What about you? When you drop me off to wherever you're thinking, are you going to go back and help Dylan?"

"I shouldn't," he growled holding into the steering wheel tighter than before. I frowned at his words.

"He's your brother, Noah."

"So what?"

"He needs you."

"You need me. I'm going to stay with you."

He took a glance at me before taking a hold of my hand. Noah brought it to his lips before placing a kiss on the back of it. My cheeks turned red again as I pulled my hand from his. Mostly because I wanted him to focus on the road with the speed he was going. I was too tired to complain about it and to ask him to slow down. He went at that speed for what seemed like for another 10 or more minutes until we were surrounded by nothing but trees. It looked like the path to the human sanctuary in pack territory, but there was something different. The trees were thinner than back there. The farther down you went, the thinner it became. It went on that way until we were out of the woods completely and Noah began to slow down. My heart gave a breath of relief at this new, less deadly speed. It was more comfortable in the car this way instead of praying Noah don't kill us.

"You must be really tired." I heard Noah chuckled. I turned to him with a pout.

"What makes you say that?" He shrugged his shoulders. I noticed the cheeky look that was now on his face.

"It's just that you didn't complain once about me speed. Also you didn't nag me about not telling you where we were going." I rolled my eyes again but smiled at how good it was to hear his laugh.

"Where are we going, Noah?"

"There it is; the nagging."

"Just tell me." He took a glance at me before looking forward again.

"We are going to visit a friend's house. You need to think about something other than wolves. Luckily for you, she is a human."

"Great joy..." I muttered taking in a deep breath. "Are we out of pack territory?" He hummed tapping at the steering wheel before answering my question.

"Yuppie, we are out of that death trap. Now I can rape you."

"Never funny, Noah. What happened to Eric?"

"We figured it went best for his pack to leave. We don't want the humans thinking they are one of us and kill them. Eric is my friend and all, but he'll kill me for having one of his wolves killed for no reason. He wanted to help, but I figured it's for the best if he didn't. For my sake at least." I laughed shaking my head at him. This sudden wave of sleep was washed over me, leaving me tired as ever. Resting my head against the window, I closed my eyes and let it took over. When I opened my eyes again, I noticed we were now parked in front of a motel. Staring out the window, I noticed it was now dark outside. I wonder how long we've been driving. I looked around in search for Noah, but I didn't find him. Please, don't tell he left me here. It would not be a shocker if he even did. How many times did Noah leave me somewhere unknown?

A lot of times!

And how dare he leave me when I am sleeping?

We may not be at pack territory but that does not mean all the dangers of the world are gone. I could've gotten taken or maybe even worse. Oh when I get my hands on that stupid wolf I will ring his neck. With a loud huff, I pulled off my seatbelt and practically kicked open the car door. Jumping out, I slammed it closed and gave a huff. Leave me here will he? I'm going to give him hell for it. I began to walk around the car for the trunk to get my stuff, but the moment I did I ran into Noah's chest.

"Whoa, there Tinkerbell, where do you think you were going?" I rolled my eyes before shoving him forward. Of course he did not move a bit, but it felt so damn good to do that.

"I thought you left me? Where did you go?"

"I went to get a room. I didn't want to wake you up until we got a room. Were you going to look for me in the middle of the night?"

"I was if I had to!" I huffed again shoving him backwards. I walked pass him and went for the trunk. The moment I opened it, I pulled out my bag and Noah's, then threw his after him.

"Let's go then." I muttered feeling exhausted once again. It was Noah's turn to roll his eyes at me. Without another word, he began walking towards the building. This is my first time going to a motel before. Well, I think it is. To imagine I would be going to such a place with Noah. It was under difficult circumstances, of course. I can't be in pack territory and there is nowhere else to go. Of course Noah came with me because well he's the one closest to me and we share a strange connection. To tell you the truth, I'm happy that he's not fighting with Dylan right now. Something could happen to him just like Alyson or even Jessie. I guess this is for the best.

I sighed following behind of Noah until we reached a room. Noah unlocked the door and pushed it open. He flicked on the light and I was surprised by how normal it looked. I wasn't expecting a five star hotel room, but I was not expecting something so nice. I watch a lot of movies, and this is not how I imagined a motel. They were supposed to be cheat and unsanitary. This room was clean and warm.

"I was not expecting this." I muttered walking in myself. I looked around the room and nodded my head. It wasn't small, yet it was not big either. There was a large bed in the middle of the room and a TV in front of it. I noticed another door in the other side of the room and I'm guessing it's the bathroom. I turned to Noah as he was closing the door and sighed.

"Well, here we are." He raised a brow at me, walking to the bed. Dropping his bag on the floor, he flopped on the bed like a child. When he settled down, he folding his hands behind his head on the pillow and crossed his leg. "Come over here." He instructed with a smirk. I had no choice and the bed looked so inviting. Sighing, I dropped my bag next to Noah's and went to lie beside of him. I laid my head on his chest and his hands instantly went to my hair. It felt so right. For once in a long time I have felt so relax. I don't know if it is because I'm off of pack territory or if it's because I'm in Noah's arms. Whatever it was, I wished it lasts forever. I knew it was not going to happen, but a girl can wish. I sighed out loud snuggling closer to Noah's body.

"I wonder how much people died in here." Noah randomly muttered causing me to laugh. I looked up at him to see him staring up at the ceiling lost in thought.

"Why do you say that?" I asked. He stared down at me with his warm eyes shining.

"Because someone is always dying in a motel room, Tink. Imagine what the body count here is."

"Stop trying to scare me, Noah. Halloween was two months ago."

He chuckled at my comment, "I'm not trying to scare you. I'm just saying. Plus, the last thing I would want is for you to be scared right now. I have to share a room with you and I'm too tired to deal with that. I went wolf today."

"You get tired when you go wolf?"

"I get drained when I go wolf when it's not a full moon. The process hurts more to transform on a regular day for whatever reason."

"Wolves are so damn complicated."

"So are humans. That's why we are here having this conversation."

I giggled at him while resting my head on his chest once again. It didn't take long after that to fall asleep. I remembered Noah was talking to me, but I don't recall what he was trying to tell me. At that point I did not even care. I found a bed, I was safe, and now I just wanted to take a good and needed rest. Well, it was not as good as I thought it would be. For most of the night I kept waking up from a nightmare. No matter how many times I would wake up and fall back asleep, it would always be the same thing.

There is always a river and a waterfall. I am standing right in the middle of it as thick fog dance around me. There is no one else there but me, but I am calling out for someone. The thing about that is I don't know who. There was no sound, only the movement of my lips. The dream always seems to happen this way until finally the nightmare begins. A large wolf comes out of nowhere and pounces on me. I knew I was screaming but out came no sound. The wolf then would drag me to the edge of the large river and threw me off into the waterfall bit always ends like that. If I'm still asleep it would just turn back. Is this a part of my memory? Why the hell was I next to a damn river in the first place? Dreams like these make me question what kind of person I was before I lost my memory.

I do not even want to think about that. At this point I don't even care what kind of life or who I even was before. With all the people I have met and all the things I have done, I'm happy I made some new memories and don't care if I don't remember the past. Clearly it was fucked up if I can recall me standing so close to a waterfall. I gave a chuckle at my own thoughts before taking in a deep breath. I don't know how long I have been awake but it felt as if it was forever. Everything was so peaceful and so calm. If only I could stay just like this for the rest of my life. My head rest against Noah's bare chest as I listened to his calm and steady breath. His arms were wrapped around me protectively as if he was shielding me from all my troubles. He woke up a few minutes ago, but as always he still lazily laid there playing with my hair. More like petting me as if I was a dog.

Go figure...

"Noah," I muttered loud enough for him to hear. I got a hum for response so I continued. "Do you think we have school today? You know its Friday and all." He gave a chuckle before ruffling my hair.

"I don't think there is school today. Dylan placed the whole pack under lock down so I don't think no one is going to break a sweat to go to school."

"It's that serious, huh?"

"Dylan is just over reacting about everything."

I raised my head to look at him. I watched as his eyes slowly opened and the hand on my head fell. My brow suddenly rose at him causing him to do the same to me. Noah is the most annoying creature ever. I rolled my eyes at him before rolling off the bed. I gave a stretch before heading for the bag I placed on the table last night.

"There was a wolf killing other wolves, Noah. Imagine if he went on a killing spree. He will kill all those innocent kids and women. The whole pack would do into frenzy. How can the leader be over reacting for something like that?" I was now talking to myself as I pulled out a few things from the bag. I turned back to Noah with a hand filled with stuff and raised my brow again. I watched as he turned over to me while resting his head on the soft pillow. Those blue eyes of his stared into mine as if what he said was decent and made all kinds of sense.

"You don't know who that wolf was, don't you?" He asked with a smirk forming on his full lips. I thought about it for a while, and then began to shake my head slowly. He gave a small chuckle, "And you don't know the reason it did that, do you?"Once again I shook my head in response. Noah gave a tsk before shaking his head at me. Without another word, he rolled off the bed and began to head to the bathroom.

That's it?!

He's not even going to give me a hint for the questions he just asked me! He's just going to leave me here confused and bothered. This is so typical for Noah. Why do I even ask him anything? I growled out loud and began walking to the bathroom as well. The moment I walked inside I dropped my things on the counter and shoved him outside. By time we both finished getting ready it was already 1 and I was hungry. It has been a long time since I have been so tired and hungry in my life. If it was not for the thought of eating I swear I would've been passed out by now. So I sat in Noah's car bouncing up and down.

My gaze stayed out the window staring at the scene that was passing my before me. From what I could see, this town was beautiful. It reminded me so much of the pack territory yet it felt so different. Maybe it's because when I stare out the window I don't see a wolf running after the car. Noah is right. I do need a break away from all what was going on. It has only been a night but I felt so much better. I turned to Noah and gave a small smile. His gaze turned to mine for a moment before staring back at the open road. It's good to see Noah like this instead of the harsh douchebag he could be sometimes.

Speaking of douchebags, I hope Dylan was okay. I tried to call him before we got on the road but he didn't answer. I guess he was too busy with whatever is going on that Noah doesn't want to tell me. I don't even care to know. I just want to eat. I gave a deep breath looking out the window once again.

"Where are we going?" I asked bouncing up and down once again.

"Well first, we need to get you food before you eat my dashboard. Then we are going to visit my completely human friend who lives here."

I thought about it for a while then a memory came to my mind. It was a conversation Noah and I had the first time we left pack territory. He mentioned a girl that used to live in the town before all of this happened. I remembered the look on his eyes as he talked so fond of her and the way it made me feel. Is this the human we are going to see? If it is then I do not know how I might feel if I do see her. He's going to be reconnected with her and maybe those feelings will return.

Am I jealous?

Why would I be?

If one thing, she was here first. If he likes her more than me then what can I do but accept it. I'm just some girl who lost her memory that he felt sorry for. He felt sorry for me... That's it... Why am I even getting sad about this? I'm sure the moment I find my family Noah is going to ship me right back to them. Look at all what I've caused him. Look at what I have done to the pack. This is all my fault... All of this is my-

"Hey, Tink!" I heard Noah yell invading my thoughts. My head sharply turned to him to see him staring at me questionably. "What's wrong with you? What's on your mind? Did you even hear one word I said to you?"

"I'm sorry, I was thinking about not remembering my life." I lied through my teeth. I don't want him to know how I feel. Not now at least. Not when we are away from all of that trouble.

"You're going to get your memory back." He stated taking a hold of my hand. Just like the last time, he placed a kiss on my knuckles before lowering it. With my hands still in his he kept on driving to wherever. I felt it was pointless to ask him anything so I simply kept quiet and waited until we came to a stop. Thankfully just after a few minutes I noticed the big buildings and the speeding cars. More than likely we are in the city now. It was nothing compare to the town that I just came from. Well it probably is as big seeing as though it's divided, but then again what the hell do I know. All I know right now is that I am hungry.

Luckily for me, Noah finally pulled into the parking lot of this diner. The first thing I noticed about it was the large picture that hanged on top of the building of a woman holding a platter of food. The name shined brightly beside it as well. Katy's Diner it read in bold letters. Well thank god Katy has a diner to feed me. I didn't even wait for Noah to get out the car before I opened the door. Stepping outside I invited the warm air against my skin. It was even colder here than it was at pack territory so I soaked as much sun as I could. Waiting for Noah in front the car, I looked around me. The parking lot seems full but through the glass windows of the diner there were only a few people inside. That was perfect for me. I don't have the patience to deal with a busy diner at the moment.

As I stood there, I suddenly felt an arm wrapped around my shoulders. I instantly knew it was Noah as he pulled me to his side. Placing a kiss on my head, he began to walk towards the diner.

"Have you been here before?" I asked laying my head against his shoulder. Noah took in a deep breath looking around for a moment before replying.

"I don't remember. I probably did though." I nodded my head as we walked inside of the cool diner. It was all beautiful and ready for Christmas with lots of lights and decorations. There was even a soft instrumental of Christmas music on in the background. Just like what I saw from the car, it was empty. There was only an old couple sitting at the seat near the door and a man at the counter. I noticed there were also two waitresses. One leaning against the counter reading a newspaper while the other cleaned a table near the back. Noah pulled us away from the people and towards the other side of the room. He passed all the booths until we reached the one that was all the way at the end. Shoving me into one side, he sat at the other and just stared at me. I stared back at him with a raised brow. My hand went straight to my hair as I got nervous underneath his gaze. It was a few minutes of him just staring at me before the waitress came to the table with her notepad. She smiled at us and readied her pen.

"Are you two ready to order?" Damn I was too busy staring at Noah to even glance at the menu. I bit into my lip quickly taking the menu from in front of me and opening it. While I quickly look for something, Noah sat across from me all calm. He sighed looking up at the waitress with giving her such a warm smile. "I'm getting a simple burger and fries with a coke. Stella?" They both turned to me and I felt my cheeks turn red. Before thinking of the words they came right out. "I would like the same!" I said louder than expected. Why am I getting so nervous all of a sudden? Maybe because this felt as if it was a date. It was just Noah and I without the interference of friends or enemy. My cheeks burned even deeper at the thought.

My eyed quickly moved from them to the window. That was until the waitress started talking again. She cleared her throat before tapping the pen against the notebook. My gaze snapped to her brown eyes. Her smile was still on her face but I could tell there was something bothering her.

"I've seen you somewhere." She said pointing her pen after me. My eyes suddenly grew with excitement.

"You have?!" I quickly asked loud once again. She nodded her head then folded her hands.

"I honestly don't remember where but I've seen you somewhere before. Maybe it wasn't you. I'm not sure."

She smiled at me one last time before walking away to the back. With my mouth still opened, I turn to Noah to see him mindlessly staring out the window. Didn't he hear what she said? She has seen me before. Maybe my parents were looking for me. Maybe my face was on the news or the newspapers. But then she did say that she does not remember. Maybe it was not even me. I could be getting excited for nothing. I sighed hanging my head the very moment Noah's phone went on. He pulled it out of his pocket to only frown at it. He looked up at me for a moment then stood to his feet.

The moment he answered it he walked away and went outside. I stared at him through the window more confused than ever. He was talking to somebody and whoever it was brought a smile to his face. His figure looked so calm and relaxed. I wonder who he is talking to. My mind could only go to one person and that instantly brought a frown on my face. By time he came back I wanted to go. I wanted to leave here and never come back. Noah sat back down in his seat and smiled at me. I quickly looked away to the window and stared at some cars that were driving by. My fingers twitched under the table as my anger rose even more. Was I just an excuse for him coming here? By the way he acts it makes me feel that way.

My frown deepened as I poured my hate into the window.

"Hey, you alright?" Noah asked leaning forward.

"I want to go back." I simply stated with a sharp tone.

"What? We can't go back, Stella. You know what's going on back home."

"Dylan said to take me away from the area not the town. I do not want to be here."

"You were just excited a while ago. What's wrong with you?"

"What is wrong with me, Noah?" I snapped looking back at him.

He stared at me unsure and not knowing what to do. I simply rolled my eyes and got from my spot. I began walking and I didn't care that I didn't know where I was going. Stepping into the cold air once again, I took a deep breath and went to the parking lot. Walking pass the car, I started heading to the streets but a hand suddenly pulled me back.

"Hey," Noah yelled jerking me back towards him. I was spun around to look into his burning blue eyes. "What the fuck is your problem?" He yelled holding unto my forearm even tighter. I flinched at the pain as I tried pulling my hand away but he only held it tighter.

"Let go of me, Noah." I muttered pulling once again as my eyes downcast to the ground. He growled pulling me closer to his body.

"No! Not until you tell me what is wrong with you. I brought you here to enjoy yourself and you're being a bitch about it. You're adding more stress to a situation that doesn't need to have any."

"Did you really bring me here to enjoy myself or something else?"

"What the fuck are you talking about?" It was my turn to growl as I pulled my hand away from him. I glared up at him to only notice that I was now crying. The tears ran down as I stared at his beautiful eyes and thought of nothing more than hating him.

"Why don't you go to your "friend" and have a good time with her?" The words left before I could control them again. It felt as if I had a wolf of my own and she was starting to take charge. Noah stared down at me confused for a while before running his hands over his face.

"You think I don't want to send time with you?"

"That's not what it is, Noah."

"Then what the hell it is because I'm getting tired of it."

"I love you, Noah!" I yelled without thinking about it until it was too late. "I love you and I hate the fact that I do because you treat me like this. You boss me around and you drag me all over the place like I'm a puppy. You yell at me and you play with my emotions in more ways than one. I thought you felt the same way but here you are bringing me to go see your little crush for your own sick and selfish reasons. I thought I was fine with it but I'm sure as hell not. I rather freaking be chased by the whole pack than to ever feel heartbroken again by the only person I can remember actually loving. If you want to go to her then go. I can find my way back to the pack. Better yet and I find my real home and finally be rid of you."

I didn't even look at him when I was finish. I simply turned around and ran away from the parking lot all together. My tears blurred my vision as went for the sidewalk and down the street. I am so damn stupid. Why did I tell him that I loved him? I knew my feelings were true but I shouldn't have said it. Not after all what is going on. This does not need to be on Noah's mind, but I could not control myself. I felt as if my emotions were in a bottle and begging to come out. Now that it did it felt as if a weight was lifted off of my shoulders. He knows how I feel and he probably hates me even more. I wasn't supposed to like Noah and I was sure as hell not supposed to fall in love with him but I could not stop myself. I loved him and no matter all what he has done to me, I can't stop it. We can fight and argue but at the end of the day he was there to protect me.

He's always there...

God I am so damn stupid. I growled at myself as I finally slowed down and began walking again after running for what felt like miles. My tears had stopped but crying so much left my eyes puffy and my nose stuffed. I needed to get my shit together because the farther I walked the deeper into the city I went. The buildings were becoming larger and the crowd on the sidewalk grew bigger. I had no idea where I was going but I didn't want to be in one area. No, I needed this walk away from Noah to clear my mind. As I kept on walking and turning unknown corners, I noticed a sigh that had the word 'park' on it. There is no better place to clear your mind then there. The moment I walked inside there was an empty bench there just calling my name.

I sat down taking a deep breath while leaning forward. My elbow rested against my thigh as my fingers got lost in my hair over and over again. What I wouldn't do for some coffee right now. I didn't even get to eat. At this point in not even hungry anymore. There is just too many things running through my head at the moment that I forgot all about how hungry I was just a moment ago. Sighing again, I ran my hands through my hair one last time before looking up once again. The park wasn't as empty as the diner was. I could hear children behind of me playing on the playground. A few joggers already ran in front of me as well as some couples. I sat there for God knows how long watching my breathe as I exhaled. It strangely calmed me as I listen to the laughter of children.

I thought I could sit here forever but my reality went crashing as I noticed a familiar face walking towards me. The air to my lungs suddenly stopped and I felt myself getting nervous. Not being able to look him in the eyes I looked away from his figure to a small spot on the bench. I felt him as he stood close to the bench and I heard him take a deep breath. The air was thick around us. Not liking the feeling, I was the first to break the awkward silence.

"How did you find me?" I asked softly but knew he could hear.

"I followed your scent over here." I nodded my head once before falling into silence. Noah sighed again before moving to take a seat. The moment he sat down I quickly stood to my feet. I knew what he wanted to talk about and I don't know if I can.

"Let's go met your friend." I muttered before heading to where I once came from. I walked with Noah trailing behind of me until I found the car. It was parked in a closer parking lot this time and I was thankful because my feet were starting to hurt me. The moment the doors were unlocked I went for the backseat. I sat on the passenger's side and kept my eyes on the things moving through the window. I could feel his stared on me but he didn't dare say anything. I was grateful because I was not in the mood to talk to him. I just wanted this nightmare to end all together. Maybe this is what this was... It was a nightmare and I'm going to wake up with my memory and everything is going back to normal. Hell who am I kidding? This is about as real as it's going to get. I sighed once again leaning forward. I don't know how long I stayed like that but after a while the car came to a stop.

I quickly looked up to see that we were now in front of someone's house. It was white with a lovely shade of blue on the roof. What shocked me the most was how big it was. It's not as big as the pack house but it's bigger than the other houses around here. I guess this was it. There is no turning back when we came this far. I got out the car and slammed the door the same time as Noah. He walked around the car and began walking to the door. I slowly followed behind of him. Suddenly there was a sudden pain in my head as I thought of something. I've been here before. I have walked this ground before and I have seen this house. The memory wasn't vivid or strong but I knew I have been here. I don't know why but I got nervous walking closer to it.

Noah waited for me to stand beside of him before knocking on the door. We waited a few seconds outside before the door swung open. The first thing I noticed was red hair as it flew towards Noah. Her arms wrapped around him in a tight embrace and he held her even tighter. My heart broke even more as I looked away.

"I am so happy to see you again, Noah." She joyfully said as she pulled away from him.

"Same here. It has been so long."

She giggled before looking over his shoulders. Our eyes instantly locked and at same moment hers widened. She gasped stepping from behind of Noah and moved towards me. I noticed the tears that were now in her eyes as she took a closer look at me. Her eyes squinted and her mouth slightly opened. The girl stared at me for a moment before a soft mutter came from her lips,

"Alycia?"

''''

Whoa! What a freaking chapter, huh?

Comment

Vote

Fan

.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

429 34 9
Hailey's father was the most hated human known to werewolves. Every werewolf knew that he was an infamous Werewolf Hunter. They wanted to bare their...
14.1K 1.1K 10
YOU CAN GET THE COMPLETE BOOK ON HINOVEL. Betrayal Hurts.... but what if the betrayer is your mate? ••••••••• Shyl...
123K 5.2K 44
"He can die 'cause we haven't had sex?" I say as the weight of what she's just told me hits me like a ton of bricks. "The longer the Alpha stays in t...
1.1K 37 7
Humanity has fallen, the supernaturals have come out of hiding and taken control. Years after watching the chaos of The Fall Emelia is faced with her...