Mesmerizing: A Sokeefe Fanfic...

By A_S_Pyren

*CONTAINS SPOILERS FROM LEGACY* Sophie rushes Keefe to Elwin after the fight in Loanmore. She loyally stays b... More

At the Healing Center
Healing Center 2
Back to Foxfire
Moving On
The Talk
Alden's Talk
Healing Center Keefe's POV
A/N
Fitz's Visit Keefe POV
Lunch
First Class Keefe's POV
Calla's Tree Keefe's POV
First Date Keefe's POV
A/N
First Date Sophie POV
Lord Cassius POV
Desperate Fitz's POV
The Cache
Empath-Mesmer Keefe's POV
The Cache Part 2
Confession
Evelyn/Confessions Pt 2
Keefe's Birthday
A/N
A Surprise Visit
Interrogation Sophie POV
Interrogation Keefe POV
A/N
Reflection Evelyn POV
A/N
Phase 3
Phase 3 Pt 2
Fostered It Keefe POV
A/N

Shores of Solace

3.3K 51 76
By A_S_Pyren

Do you realize that when you abbreviate Shores of Solace, you get SOS? I wonder if that's on purpose.

When Sophie went to bed that night, she kept staring at her ceiling. Keefe was a Mesmer. A. Mesmer. And Lady Gisela could use him to control anyone. Sophie shuddered at the thought Keefe bending people to his mother's will. How would she control Keefe? Bonds like the ones Tam had? How would the Council react to Keefe's new ability. Sophie remembered the talk Grady had given her, so long ago. People had used Grady as an excuse for getting out of detention. 

What if Keefe did misuse his power, by choice or otherwise? How badly would he be punished? 

Those two questions ensured no amount of alicorn transmissions and Panakes songs could help Sophie fall asleep. She pulled out three eyelashes and bit her lip. 

Sophie reached out and felt for Keefe's consciousness. Keefe, are you awake? she asked. 

Well, now I am. Thanks, Foster.

Oh, sorry. I'll go.

No, don't, I was just teasing. So, why did you want to talk to me in the middle of the night?

Can I just come over?

Aww, Foster's missing me THAT much?

NO, it's just . . . I want to talk to you. And it'll be easier face to face. So, can I come?

Sure, meet me at the swings.

Okay, see you.

Sophie got up and changed into soft leggings and a dark tunic.

"Sandor?" she whispered. 

"Yes?" came the high-pitched reply.

"Keep your voice down!" Sophie hissed.

"Okay, yes?" Sandor whispered. 

"Um, can I go to the Shores of Solace?"

Sandor rolled his eyes. "In the middle of the night?"

"If you want, you can come," she offered.

Sandor scoffed, "What makes you think you can go?"

"We both know I'm not going to sleep either way."

"Fine," he huffed. "Ugh, seeing Mr. Sencen again is going to be miserable."

"You don't have to go, Ro will be there."

Sandor shook his head furiously. "I go where you go."

"Flori?" Sophie whispered.

Thankfully, the gnome whispered back. "Yes?"

"I'm, um, going to see Keefe. Could you make sure Grady and Edaline don't find out?"

"I can keep them away until dawn," Flori promised.

"Thank you," Sophie breathed. Flori winked and gestured for them to go. Sophie nodded. She led Sandor out a window and started levitating them. 

Sophie enjoyed watching Sandor squirm as they got higher up. 

"Don't scream," she warned. "Or else Grady and Edaline are going to freak out."

"I'll . . . do my best," Sandor swallowed. Sophie dropped them and just seconds before hitting the ground, she opened the void. Seconds later, they were at the Shores of Solace. 

A familiar-looking figure waved at them. Sophie walked over to the swings and sat next to her boyfriend. 

"Aw, did Gigantor want to see me a second time? I think I've grown on him!" Keefe smirked.

Sandor scowled. Ro snorted. "You're asking for it if you come in the middle of the night to see Hunkyhair."

"I can assure you, I definitely did not come by choice," he squeak-growled.

Ro laughed. "It's hard to take you seriously with that voice." Sandor rolled his eyes.

Sophie glanced at his Batman T-Shirt. "I can't believe you kept that." Keefe had taken the shirt from Alvar's closet before they had run off to join the Black Swan.

"I did say I was keeping it forever. I mean, Foster, it's BATMAN!"

Sophie shook her head. "You make me regret my life choices."

"Of course. You should regret that you didn't realize that you should've dated me sooner. After all, you could've gotten the Hair." Keefe shook his head and Sophie smiled. 

"My point exactly."

"Whatever. Anyway, you have some problem that you wanted to talk to me about? Don't worry, I can fix, I'm Batman." Keefe put an arm around her shoulders. Sophie paused for a moment, remembering how Fitz had done the same under Calla's tree, before leaning on Keefe. 

"Are you sure you're up for it, Batman?" Sophie teased.

"Of course! I could be your hero any day," Keefe smirked. Sophie felt glad she came to see Keefe. His playful nature always stopped her worrying. 

Sophie exhaled. "Well, I've been worrying about your Mesmerizing."

"If Foster forces me to tell her the thing I didn't tell her because I thought it would worry her, and keep in mind that I'm the Empath, but I tell her that it's fine, she'll still worry. Wow, who could've guessed?"

"Keefe." 

"Okay, okay. What's so worrying?"

"Well, your mom could make you make anyone do anything she wants. And what if you did misuse your ability, what if you had to? How badly would you punished?" Sophie looked at her hands. "They could Exile you." She willed herself not to cry but a traitorous tear escaped.

"Sophie, it's okay," Keefe assured her. 

"No, it's not." She gave in and just started crying. 

"It'll be okay. I won't let her hurt anyone."

"Keefe, your mom is probably going to hurt someone."

"Alright," he traced a tear down Sophie's face and cupped her chin. "I won't let her make me hurt anyone. I won't hurt you. Ever." Keefe kissed her.

"I promise," he added.

Sophie sighed. "But what if she forces you like how she forced Tam?"

"Well, I'm going to admit to Forkle that I'm a Mesmer. He's going to tell the Council and then they're going to force Grady to mentor me. And if my mother comes anyone near us, I will control her."

"Really?" Sophie wasn't sure if she was scared Keefe would control someone or happy that Lady Gisela wouldn't be able to hurt them.

"No more of her games," Keefe told Sophie. "It's time we start winning. For real."

"How do you plan on doing that?" Sophie wondered out loud. 

"We, sadly, have to not be reckless. But no huge plans. If they leave us a note like they did last time, we do the opposite of what we think we should do. However, my mom will know that we're starting to catch on and expect us to use reverse psychology. So we use reverse reverse psychology."

"That . . . actually makes sense."

Keefe pretended to be insulted. "Wow Foster, I do have smart ideas."

"Whose idea was it to tag along for Loanmore?"

"Okay, sometimes." 

Sophie shook her head and closed her eyes.

"So that's what kept you up?" She nodded.

"I think I worry too much."

"You think?" Keefe shook his head. "Just relax."

"I can't, I have to be back by dawn."

"Don't worry, I'll wake you up. And I fall asleep, maybe Gigantor will wake you up. Otherwise, you're facing a lot of Grady lectures and I'm facing some even less fun ability sessions."

Sophie smiled and tried not to think. She focused on the sound of the water and Keefe's steady heartbeat. It was reassuring, telling her that she could let her guard down. She drifted off into sleep. 

At some point, someone started nudging her. Sophie opened her eyes to find the Sun just starting to rise. Keefe smiled at her, Sophie noticed he had dark circles under his eyes. She started to apologize but Keefe cut her off. 

"It's fine." 

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah. I'm okay." Keefe put a finger to his lips and pointed at the sunrise. As it rose farther up, rays of light hit the water causing it to glitter pink, orange, and yellow.

"That was beautiful," Sophie whispered. Keefe smiled. 

"I knew you would like it." She hugged him. "You should probably go if you don't want Grady to get really upset."

"Oh, shoot."

"Bye Foster."

"And Keefe?" Keefe looked up at her.

"Yes?"

"Thank you."

"Anytime." Sophie light leaped home.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

157K 2K 40
"Okay. Let's get this straight. For some bizarre reason, we wake up in the same bed and a six-year-old girl claims that we are her parents and refers...
324K 2.4K 24
Basically a Fan-fiction where Biana invites everyone over for a sleepover and that's how Sophie and Keefe get together. Including Biana sass, fluffy...
26.1K 474 34
Keefe has ran off again and this time, Sophie is determined to find him and bring him back. But they don't know the other problems that await them as...
13.4K 354 36
(Sokeefe Match list Story) Sophie and Fitz decide to sign up for the Match together, but there's a catch. If you're in a relationship, you have to un...