Defying Destiny - A Merlin Fa...

By BookLover905

. "Sometimes I wonder if you've missed me as much as I'v... More

Trailer
Cast
Prologue
Character Info
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 65
Chapter 66

Chapter 64

1.6K 44 2
By BookLover905

The days following Aria's meeting with Rose were hectic as the wedding was days away and Arthur and Morgana wanted to make sure that everything was perfect for their little sister's big day.

And finally, the day arrived.

Aria was woken up after spending the night in her private chambers by an extremely existed Ella pulling her out of bed.

Aria ate her breakfast and then bathed in a fresh bath that Ella had drawn for her. She used some sort of special lotion that made her skin smell of wildflowers.

After bathing, Morgana, Gwen and Violet all came in to help Aria slip into her dress and do her hair while Ella got into her own dress.

Gwen was dressed in her red dress.

Morgana was dressed in one of her blue dresses to match Violets blue dress as they were the bridesmaids. Morgana's hair was down in dark waves with parts pinned back and Violet also had her hair down but with slight sparkles woven in.

And Ella was dressed in a pretty rose dress with her hair tied back.

Ruby was running around the room as the girls got ready, happily with cute little red bows tied loosely around her ears. She had also been bathed that day and had had her fur groomed.

Once Aria was dressed she stood in front of her mirror while the others fussed around behind her. She looked so different yet herself at the same time. She held two necklaces in her hands. One was a beautiful diamond necklace and the other was her mother's locket.

After thinking for a good minute or so, Aria decided that even though she was upset with her mother, she was still her mother. So Aria decided to wear Rose's locket because even if Rose was not going to be at the wedding if Aria wore her locket it would feel like she was.

"Hey, 'Gana, can you help me put this on?" Aria asked her older sister while turning her head around to look at her.

"Of course" Morgana smiled and took the locket from Aria's hand. Aria moved her hair out of the way and Morgana placed on the locket.

"Is that new?" Violet wondered from where she was standing by the window with Ella and Gwen.

"Sort of" Aria answered fiddling with the locket "... It belonged to my mother"

Everyone fell quiet for a moment before Gwen broke the silence.

"Well, it's beautiful" Gwen picked something up from on the small table and held it our to Aria smiling.

"Don't forget this " Gwen smiled holding out the blue jewelled bracelet Morgana was letting Aria barrow.

Aria giggled slightly and said thanks to Gwen before slipping on the bracelet.

"How do I look?" She gave a little twirl to the others showing off her outfit making the others smile and giggle and replied with how beautiful she looked.

Suddenly there was a knock on the door and Ella went to answer it. Ella smiled at whoever was on the other side of the door and stepped aside to let them in.

Arthur walked in dressed in his chainmail, red cloak and his crown on his head. He was going to be the one to give Aria away seeing as their father wasn't around to do it.

Arthur smiled at the women, giving his wife a greeting kiss before turning to his sister.

"You look beautiful, Ari" Arthur complemented giving his little sister a huge hug making Aria giggle.

"We better get going. Don't want to be late" Gwen laughed before everyone filled out the door and headed towards the great hall/ throne room.

________________________________________

Arthur, Morgana, Violet and Aria all stood outside the throne room waiting for the music to start.

All the women held gorgeous bouquets in their hands.

Morgana and Violet both held blue hydrangea,

Whereas Aria held some pretty pink roses in her one hand and clung to Arthur's arm with the other.

Finally, the music sounded and the doors opened revealing them to the crowded hall.

Morgana and Violet walked down the aisle arm in arm grinning at Mordred who stood at the altar with Lord Geoffery. Mordred glanced off to the side where his sister was standing smiling reassuringly at him.

Gwen stood off to the side on the opposite side of Kara beaming. Merlin was stood with Ella and Gaius in the front row and the knights, all dressed in their armour and red cloaks stood on the other side of the aisle, opposite them.

The hall was absolutely packed. As if many of the townspeople had squeezed into the hall to witness the young princess get married along with all the members of the court and even some of the druids came to watch.

As Violet and Morgana glided towards the end of the aisle, Arthur turned to look at Aria who was staring nervously in front of her.

"You'll be fine, Ari" Arthur whispered

"But what if I fall? Humiliate myself?" Aria murmured worriedly

"You not going to fall, I wouldn't let that happen, I promise" Arthur reassured her giving her arm a gentle squeeze.

"You ready?" Arthur asked when Violet and Morgana reached the end of the aisle and stood off to the side.

"As I'll ever be" Aria let out a nervous chuckle and Arthur began to lead her down the aisle and towards her future.

When the hall caught sight of the young princess being lead down the aisle by the king their jaws dropped at how grown up and beautiful she looked.

Reaching the end of the aisle, Arthur gave Aria a kiss on the cheek before he passed her hand over to Mordred's and then went to stand next to Gwen.

"You look breathtaking" Mordred whispered in Aria's ear.

"Thank you, " Aria giggled "And I'm finally on time for something"

Mordred gave a quiet chuckle before Geoffrey began the ceremony.

"My lords, leaders and gentlemen of Camelot, we are gathered here today to celebrate, by the ancient rite of handfasting, the union of Sir Mordred of Camelot and Arianna Pendragon."

Geoffrey then turned his head slightly to look at Mordred. "Is it your wish, Mordred, to become one with this woman?"

"It is" Mordred answered gazing lovingly into Aria's eyes.

Geoffrey then turned to Aria. "Is it your wish, Arianna, to become one with this man?"

"It is" Aria replied staring back at Mordred with nothing but adoration and love.

"Do any say nay?" Geoffrey asked the crowd. No one spoke so Geoffrey continued.

"With this garland, I do tie a knot, " Geoffrey spoke binding Aria and Mordred's hands together with a garland. " and by doing so bind your hands and your hearts for all eternity. Mordred please repeat after me"

"I, Mordred, knight of Camelot, shall not seek to change thee in any way. I shall respect thee, as I respect myself"

Geoffrey then turned to Aria

"I, Arianna Pendragon, princess and knight of Camelot, shall not seek to change there in any way. I shall respect thee as I respect myself"

"I now pronounce you to be husband and wife. You may kiss the bride" Geoffrey smiled before walking off to the side.

Mordred did not hesitate and brought Aria, his new wife, into a passionate kiss.

As their lips touched the crowd erupted into cheers. Many of the audience had tears in their eyes, especially Merlin, Gaius, Morgana, Gwen and Arthur.

They had been given the privilege of watching that tiny baby from 20 years grow up to be the brave and compassionate woman that they now knew and loved. They could not be more proud of her.

Pulling away, Mordred held out his arm to Aria who happily took it and they began to walk back down the aisle arm in arm as husband and wife.

As they retreated down the aisle, the locket around Aria's neck began to glow and slightly tugged at her neck. Aria glanced down at it before she gazed out into the cheering crowd.

As she looked at all the familiar faces of her family and friends gazing happily at her Aria noticed someone right at the back of the hall.

Someone dressed in an old and tattered looking hooded cloak. The hood was only partly covering the figure's face and Aria could clearly see who it was.

It was Rose!

Despite the argument, they had had, she still came to witness one of the biggest days of her daughter's life. She had missed out on watching her little girl grow up, so she wasn't going to throw away the opportunity of seeing her daughter at her happiest.

Aria caught her mother's teary eye and after looking shocked for a moment, Aria smiled brightly at her mother, happy that despite what Aria had said to her, she still had come to see her get married. 

She and Mordred then passed through the doors and left the hall making their way onto the balcony where the entire city was waiting for them down below in the courtyard.

When the townspeople, who hadn't managed to squeeze their way into the hall, caught sight of the newlywed couple they cheered so loud, the walls of the castle almost shook.

Aria and Mordred just smiled at each other and shared another sweet kiss, making the crowd scream louder, before waving at the overexcited crowd below.

________________________________________

A few hours later and the after-party was in full swing. People were stood around talking amongst themselves waiting for the newlyweds to arrive.

All the heads in the room turned when the trumpets sounded and the doors opened revealing Aria and Mordred walking in arm in arm.

The crowd applauded and cheered until the couple sat down at the head table with the Arthur, Merlin and the others.

Halfway through the meal, Arthur stood up causing everyone to stop talking and look at the king.

"I'd like to purpose of toast" Arthur picked up his goblet filled with wine and held it up. Everyone else followed and picked up their goblets. "To my little sister." Arthur turned to look at Aria who was sat next to him smiling down at her with a brotherly love.

" Aria, my sweet little sister. Where has the time gone? It seems only yesterday you were just learning how to hold a sword properly. And somehow, when I wasn't looking, you grew up. You're no longer that 11-year old little girl who would always steal my cloak to go play knights." Arthur chuckled as did everyone else. " Now I know you're all grown up and that you're no longer a child. But to me, you'll always be my baby sister, no matter how old you get."

The hall applauded and cheered as Arthur finished his speech. Aria even got up out of her chair and brought Arthur into a big hug.

"And you'll always be my big brother, Arthur," Aria whispered in Arthur's ear making him smile.

________________________________________

After the food was all gone, the tables and chairs had been moved the side and people got up to dance. Merlin was even performing some magic to entertain people and himself.

Aria was busy looking around the hall searching for someone. Her eyes scanned over the faces of all the guests dancing and talking. She was becoming anxious and frustrated. Where was she?

She was just about to give up and conclude that she wasn't there when her eyes caught sight of someone leaving the hall. A hooded figure!

Aria quickly hurried after them, not caring about the party. She followed the figure out of the castle doors and into the dark courtyard.

Just as the figure was about to disappear into the darkness Aria called out in a desperate plea.

"Mother!"

Rose stopped and turned around while removing her hood letting her blonde hair tumble out as Aria approached and gave her a huge hug surprising the older woman. Rose hesitated but eventually embraced her daughter in a warm hug.

"You came" Aria muttered savouring the warm feeling of being held by her mother for the first time.

"Of course I came. I missed out on 20 years of your life, I figured it was time I start actually being here for you." Rose muttered back.

Aria pulled away and looked at her mother with teary eyes. "Are you leaving, again?"

Rose gave her daughter a sad look. "I have to, but I'll come and visit, I promise. But I just need one thing"

"What?"

"Your forgiveness." Rose started to tear up. "Will you forgive me, for leaving you with your father for all these years? Please, Arianna, that's all I want." She begged.

"It's Aria, " Aria corrected with a frown making Rose also frown thinking she wasn't going to be granted forgiveness.

Aria's face suddenly shifted into a giant smile. "And yes, I'll forgive you... If you come back to the party"

Rose chuckled taking her daughter's hand "Deal"

Aria beamed and began to pull her mother back towards the castle "Come on, I want to introduce you to everyone"

________________________________________

Back inside the hall, Aria had gone around introducing her mother to her friends and family. Most were shocked and surprised that she was there but when Gaius saw her he immediately brought Rose into a hug, having not seen her for years.

Aria was watching as her mother talked and laughed with Morgana and Kara with a soft smile on her face.

"May I have this dance, my lady?" Aria turned her head to see Mordred with his hand outstretched to her.

"Why of course, Sir Mordred" Aria giggled taking Mordred's hand and letting him lead her out onto the dance floor.

Everyone else who was dancing stopped and watched as the young couple danced in the centre of the floor.

Soft music played in the background as Mordred and Aria danced the night away.

________________________________________

After the party was over, Mordred and Aria were walking back to their shared chambers, hand in hand and laughing.

Just as Aria was about to open the door and walk into their chambers, Mordred suddenly swept her off her feet, carrying her bridal style, making Aria let out a cry of surprise and laugh before he carried her into their chambers that way.

Ruby was staying the night with Morgana so the newlywed couple could have the night alone.

Mordred placed Aria on the soft bed and sat down next to her. Aria sat up and placed a gentle hand on her new husband's cheek, making Mordred lean into her touch.

"I love you," Aria whispered her face getting closer to Mordred's.

"And I love you" Mordred quietly replied before he and Aria shared a passionate kiss.

As that kiss got more desperate, Mordred gently pushed Aria onto her back again and hovered over her.

And that first night of them being married definitely a magical one.

________________________________________

Wow.  I can not believe that there are few more chapters left before this book is officially finished.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.8K 308 17
VIGILANTE SHIT- ❝ revenge is a good look on you ❞ IN WHICH, two sorcerers in camelot are both destined to take care of the king's most beloved, arthu...
12.2K 336 35
"It takes a village to raise a child." And when the village turns its back on said child, the child will raze it. Morgana Pendragon, Camelot's belo...
55.1K 2K 49
Magdelena is back and this time things are just not going for her. With Morgause still trying to get her to join, and a newly added enemy she doesn't...
13.3K 356 24
(⚠!Discontinued!⚠) In a Land of Myth and a Time of Magic,the Destiny of a Great Kingdom rests on the shoulders of a young boy.His name...Merlin. ~ Y...