Defying Destiny - A Merlin Fa...

By BookLover905

. "Sometimes I wonder if you've missed me as much as I'v... More

Trailer
Cast
Prologue
Character Info
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66

Chapter 62

1.7K 56 12
By BookLover905

It was a beautiful day in Camelot. The birds were singing, the sun was shining brightly and the people were going about their usual daily routines.

Aria had been woken up by Ella and ate breakfast as usual. Aria was planning on asking Mordred if he wanted to spend the day with her but she didn't get the chance to because as soon as she was dressed Morgana, Gwen and Violet all came bursting through the door wanting to spend the day with Aria.

Aria was confused as to why they wanted to spend the day with her all at once but thought nothing of it. At first, they just stayed in Aria's chambers gossiping and laughing for the entire morning. They had lunch together, laughing and gossiping before Aria insisted that they get out of the castle for a bit. The others were a bit hesitant but they agreed and they all decided to take a walk through the town.

________________________________________

While they were out, they stopped at the shops in the town to admire the clothes and jewels they had for sale. Aria glanced up from the jewellery she was admiring when Morgana suddenly started to gesture to someone behind Aria. When Aria went to look at who Morgana was gesturing at the whole group unexpectedly started to pull and push Aria away from the shops.

Among all the pulling and pushing of her friends and family, Aria glanced over her shoulder at the shop she was just at only to see two figures hastily duck out of sight. They were so fast that Aria almost didn't catch them.

Aria stared confused at where the figures were hidden for a moment.

"Aria, come on!" Morgana said pulling her sister's arm when she noticed she had stopped.

When Aria wasn't looking two heads pocket out from their hiding spot. Arthur and Mordred waited until the group of women were out of sight before they came out of their hiding spots and continued with what they originally doing. The shop keeper smiled at the king and knight before reaching underneath the table and brought out a small pouch which he handed to the king.

"Are you sure, that's the one she wanted?" Mordred asked taking the pouch from the king and peering into the small bag.

"If I wasn't sure, I wouldn't be buying it" Arthur replied handing the shop keeper a heavy sack of gold coins.

The two men then walked off, talking the entire way.
________________________________________

Dusk was approaching when Aria finally made it back to her chambers after a long day of being dragged all over the city by her friends and family.

When Aria walked through the door she notified Ruby sitting patiently in front of her window with a cute red ribbon tied in a bow around her neck where her necklace used to be.

"Aww, Ruby." Aria giggled kneeling down in front of her pooch. Aria noticed a tiny scroll attached to the ribbon and gently removed and unrolled the tiny piece of parchment. On the parchment, a little note was written.

 I have a surprise for you my love, one you shall never forget.

So, find your next clue in the place we first met.

- Mordred

Aria smiled when she read the note. She got up and began to think. Where they first met?

Morgana's chambers!

Aria smiled to her self and quickly left to her sister's room which was right next door to hers.

Clutching the note in her hand, Ara knocked on the door three times.

"Come in!" Aria heard Morgana's muffled voice from the other side of the door.

Aria opened the door and saw Morgana standing by her window watching something outside. When Morgana saw it was Aria, her face lite up with a giant knowing smile.

Aria simply held up the note in her hand with a questionable look.

"You know where it is " Morgana smiled and sat down at her table, secretly watching Aria from the corner of her eye.

Aria once again gave her sister a confused look before she went and knelt down behind Morgana's screen.

Where she and Mordred had first met as children.

Aria's eyes instantly noticed another tiny scroll tied up with a little red ribbon lying on the floor and picked it up.

Aria stood up and unrolled the tiny scroll as Morgana came to stand behind her and read the message over her shoulder.

Your sweet serenade has always brought me such bliss

But it's never as heavingly as when we shared our first kiss.

- Mordred

Aria stared confused at the note as she thought of where the next clue could be.

Her face then lite up when she figured it out.

Where she and Mordred shared their first kiss. Gaius' chambers!

Morgana could tell that Aria had figured it out and another knowing smile made its way into her face.

"Go on. You've got to find the others now haven't you?"

Aria turned to stare confused at her older sister. " 'Gana, what's going on?"

"You'll find out soon, little dove. Now go, quick." Morgana said quickly ushering Aria out the door.

"Ok, ok. I'm going" Aria laughed smiling at Morgana before heading towards Gaius' chambers with now two notes.

________________________________________

Once there Aria raised her fist and knock on the door loudly before opening the door.

Gaius was sitting at the table talking with Merlin who was leaning against one of the workbenches. Both men looked up when Aria entered.

"Sorry to bother you, Gaius. But um..." Aria once again held up the notes she had found and Gaius and Merlin shared a smile and knowing look just like Morgana.

Aria stared at them confused." Alright, what's with all the knowing looks? Do you know something I don't? Gaius? Merlin?"

"You'll find out soon enough" Merlin's only response was as he smirked and looked like he was fighting off a laugh.

Gaius gestured for Aria to search for her next clue and Aria immediately went to the patient's bed in the corner of the room.

Just as she expected, another tiny scroll, tied with a little red bow, was sitting comfortably on the pillow.

Like the last two, Aria once again picked it up, unrolled it and read it as Merlin and Gaius watched her.

Over the years, you've become more and more breathtaking  as we grew

I can remember admiring you beauty the day you're life long dream came true.

- Mordred

Aria thought hard. This was a tough one. She stood there thinking out loud as Merlin and Gaius listened.

"The day my life long dream came true?..." Aria muttered to herself before her eyes widened " The day I was knighted! The throne room! That's where the next clue is!"

Aria looked at Merlin and Gaius to see if she got it right and when she saw them smiling and nodding at her, she gleamed in delight and rushed out of room with a quick goodbye to Merlin and Gaius before she disappeared out the door. 

________________________________________

Aria rushed to the throne room, wondering what she would find next.

When she entered the throne room, no one was there. Aria noticed her red hooded cloak laying folded up on the steps leading up to the thrones with another tiny roll of parchment laying on top.

Aria glanced around the room in search of someone but when she saw that she was truly alone she picked up the piece of parchment from her cloak and opened it.

I've always admired
how well you can wield a blade

Now don't forget your cloak,
and come and meet me in your glade.

- Mordred

Aria smiled down at the note before she picked up her cloak and put it on before she started making her way to her glade, where she knew Mordred would be waiting for her.

________________________________________

When Aria, who was riding Majesty, got close to where her glade was she noticed what appeared to be small balls of golden light marking out a path for her as she rode through the forest. She smiled to herself as they were obviously created with magic.
By the time Aria had reached her glade the sun had set behind the mountains and the only light Aria had where the balls of light.

Aria gasped in surprise and awe at what she saw when she arrived. The balls of light travelled and circled around a blanket placed in the middle of the glade with a basket filled with Aria's favourite foods.

Mordred stood by the blanket smiling at Aria as she arrived. He walked over to her and helped her off Majesty.

"Mordred, this is... Incredible!" Aria gushed as she and Mordred sat down on the blanket.

"Only the best for you" Mordred smiled making Aria blush and giggle.

The young couple then sat down and ate and laughed under the beautiful night sky.

"So what's the special occasion?" Aria asked once they finished eating.

Mordred suddenly became very nervous and he started to fiddle with something in his pocket.

"I um. I wanted to ask you something, Ari" Mordred explained

"What?" Aria asked smiling at her lover.

"I, uh..." Mordred brought his hand out of his trouser pocket, his fist was clenched over whatever he held in his hand as he turned to Aria fully.

Aria looked at Mordred curiously as to what he was about to do.

Mordred took a deep breath and opened his hand to reveal a gorgeous diamond ring.

Aria gasped and put her hand over her mouth in shock.

Mordred held up the ring, held Aria's hand gently and knelt on one knee.

"Arianna Pendragon, I've loved you since the day we met and every day since. You're beautiful, kind, caring, smart, funny, I could go on forever because that's how perfect you are in my eyes. I almost lost you once and I'm not going to let you slip through my fingers again."

By this time Aria was crying tears of joy as she listened. Aria looked into Mordred's icy blue eyes and saw nothing but love and adoration.

"Will you marry me?"

"Yes! Yes, yes!" Aria connected her lips with Mordred's in a passionate kiss in which Mordred returned.

Pulling away, Mordred slipped the beautiful ring onto Aria's finger smiling brightly.

Mordred then suddenly shot up, picked up Aria bridle style and began to twirl her around making her laugh and Mordred joined in with her laughter.

When Mordred finally put Aria down, he held her close not wanting to let her go.

"Is that why everyone was acting weird around me today? Because they knew about this?" Aria asked her fiancé.

"Yes" Mordred nodded, " I asked Arthur for his permission yesterday"

Aria giggled when she imagined what her brother's reaction could have been like.

(Flashback)

The knights had finished training for the day and Arthur was currently changing out of his armour in his chambers with the help of his manservant, Morris. Gwen and was sitting at the table in her purple gown with Morgana,  making small talk as Arthur took off his armour when there was a knock at the door.

"Come!" Arthur called as Morris walked off to put away Arthur's amour.

There a short pause before the door opened and a nervous-looking Mordred walked through wearing his chainmail.

"Ah, Mordred" Arthur greeted the young knight as he walked in a stood by the table opposite Gwen and Morgana who smiled kindly at him. "What can I do for you?"

Mordred looked incredibly hesitant and nervous about what he was about to ask the king.

"I wanted to ask for you're permission first before I actually went and did something..." Mordred said still looking nervous.

"And what is it that you require my permission for?" Arthur asked as he said behind his wife's chair.

".....I wish to purpose to Aria"

At Mordred's words, Gwen and Morgana both let out a gasp and started smiling widely. Arthur just stared at Mordred for a second before an overjoyed smile also made its way onto his face.

"Well, it's about time!" Arthur chuckled walking over to Mordred and pulling him into a hug startling the young man.

"I was wondering when you'd finally ask" Arthur laughed pulling away.

Mordred looked from Arthur to Gwen and Morgana then back to Arthur awkwardly.

"So... is that a yes?"

"Of course it's a yes" Gwen smiled happily.

"I cannot think of anyone I'd rather my little sister be marrying then you" Morgana beamed

Then Mordred seemed to lose any doubts he had in his mind and he grinned, ecstatic.

"Thank you! thank you! thank you!" Mordred exclaimed looking at each of the Pendragons who chuckled at his excitement.

" So, how are you planning to ask her?" Gwen asked curiously

The others looked at Mordred as he thought for a moment.

"I have an idea. But I'm going to need your help. Along with Merlin, Gaius, Violet, Ella and the knights" Mordred explained

"Whatever you need, Mordred" Arthur put a hand on Mordred's shoulder.

Arthur then told a guard outside the door to tell Merlin, Gaius, the knight's, Ella and Violet to come to his chambers as quick as the could.

When the others arrived, they were immediately told the news. They were all delighted to help out and they all spent the minority of the evening in Arthur's chambers conducting a plan that would take place the very next day.

(Flashback over)

"You spent almost all of last night, planning today?" Aria asked in astonishment

Mordred looked at her sheepishly " I wanted to make sure everything was perfect."

"And it was. Everything. I love you Mordred"

" I love you too, Aria. And I always will"

The newly engaged couple then shared a kiss filled with love and passion under the gaze of the full moon.

________________________________________

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.7K 243 35
Follow Alexandra on her journey in Camelot along with her brother, the great wizard, Merlin. Everyone has a destiny, so what is hers? With powers so...
13.3K 356 24
(⚠!Discontinued!⚠) In a Land of Myth and a Time of Magic,the Destiny of a Great Kingdom rests on the shoulders of a young boy.His name...Merlin. ~ Y...
75K 1.1K 30
This is a bunch of BBC Merlin one shots because I love Merlin and all his people. I don't do Merthur sorry. I do take suggestions and propmts! I DON...
105K 3.5K 44
❝the world was on fire and no-one could save me but you.❞ arthur pendragon, seasons one - five.