Ten Months On

By mi2yue

(Completed) Su Chen had a contract with Sun Rui, the Ninth Prince. 10 months of fake marriage and they will g... More

Chapter 1: One more month
Chapter 2: The Contract
Chapter 3: The Contract (2)
Chapter 4: The First Few Months
Chapter 5: The next few months
Chapter 6: That Night
Chapter 7: Su Li
Chapter 8: The End of the Contract
Author's Note
Chapter 9: Forest
Chapter 10: Shen Yi
Chapter 11: Changes in Da Li
Chapter 12: The Quarry Village
Chapter 13: Sounds of War and Carnage
Chapter 14: Hello
Chapter 15: Playing with Fire
Chapter 16: Mother
Chapter 17: Sun Rui
Chapter 18: Wolves
Chapter 19: Servitude
Chapter 20: Where the Red Flowers bloom
Chapter 21: Fear
Chapter 22: Su Li's Secret
Chapter 23: Dreams
Chapter 24: Rumours
Chapter 25: Desperation
Chapter 26: Confusion
Chapter 27: Confession
Chapter 28: Awakening
Chapter 29: Serious
Chapter 30: Yuan's Diary Entries
Chapter 31: Timeskip
Chapter 32: Gu Li
Chapter 33: Surgery
Chapter 34: Search
Chapter 35: Headache
Chapter 36: Alliance Meeting
Chapter 37: Alliance Head?
Chapter 38: Wife?
Chapter 39: Ambush
Chapter 40: Return
Chapter 41: Why?
Chapter 42: Revelation
Chapter 43: Pain
Chapter 44: Ready to go?
Chapter 45: Wangfei
Chapter 46: Are you done yet?
Chapter 47: Back Home
Chapter 49: Resolution
Chapter 50: Purge
TMO: 50 Chapters Special~~
Chapter 51: Injured
Chapter 52: Orchid means "love" (between married couples)
Chapter 53: Sun Rui's First Life
Chapter 54: The Laughter of a Woman Called Su Li
Chapter 55: Well, that's that.
Chapter 56: Knife
Chapter 57: Shen Yi?
Chapter 58: Wants
Chapter 59: Cheshire
Chapter 60: Fishbowl
Chapter 61: Spring Night
Chapter 62: Re-enactment?
Chapter 63: The End
Epilogue: Son
Q&A/ Extras

Chapter 48: Wait

8.8K 303 15
By mi2yue

Su Chen sighed for the umpteenth time again as she blankly weaved the basket in her hand.

"Haiiighhhhh."

She flumped down as she held the incomplete rattan basket close to her.

That foolish person is probably fine, right?

A pervert like him usually lives long, right.

Yup, a pervert like him can never be alone on his own... Right?

As she thought about this, she frowned deeper and deeper.

"Gahhhhhhhh!!"

Su Chen rolled to and fro around the floor in frustration.

Finally, she sat up.

"This isn't like me!"

Determination in her eyes, she hurriedly weaved her imperfect basket and quickly headed to the river.

***

With a laddle, Su Chen poured the piping hot cloudy soup into a porcelain bowl.

Bits of the black soft-shell turtle that had been caught by her and stewed in a concoction of herbs now swirled in the golden cloudy soup. Placing the porcelain bowl on the tray, Su Chen slowly made her way to the second floor of the internal courtyard next to Stork Pavillion Restaurant.

Su Chen had made a nourishing soup for Yuan, who was still recovering from her injuries. She had lost a lot of blood and lacked energy. Having nourishing soup would be good for her at this time!! And the collagen in the turtle will definitely help in making Yuan's skin soft and smooth again.

Su Chen had lapsed into a daze since arriving back to Stork Pavillion. And even more honestly, she was down like a dead log in the days she was back.

Really...

Home was the best place to be!

The beds were soft and comfy and being near people she trusted and liked took a huge load off her mind.

She ended up insensitively sleeping through a few days once she had reached Stork Pavillion's door.

When she finally regained her energy, she realised that she had not seen that pervert since waking up...

Su Chen could not help but feel worry in her heart.

***

Knock!

"Yuan, I'm coming in."

Su Chen busily lifted the door latch and pulled the door open, while using her feet to keep the door ajar to enter the room.

"Yuan, your Miss is so kind as to make for you nourishing softshell turtle soup!! And your kind miss has made it in the style you like with tons of sweet rice wine and ginger! Hurry and get u-!!!!"

Su Chen was fumbling with carrying the tray and opening the door at the same time that she had not realised that there was someone in the room.

Feeling regret in her heart at her impatience, Su Chen could only look aghast at the scene of a man kissing Yuan gently.

My good Jun Qiang. This is not the time to take advantage of a poor sickly lady ah!

When Yuan finally saw her Miss standing there at the door, her face exploded with a furious red as she frantically pushed Jun Qiang away.

"Ah Miss! This Yuan is not skiving from resting ah!"

Yuan was deeply regretful that she fell for another beauty trap again.

Miss has been very strict with her lately. She has been forcing Yuan to change her dressing often, take very bitter medicine, put cold cream to heal the wounds. It was... non-stop torture ah!!

Even though Yuan knows that her wounds are bad, but life like this is too painful ah!!

And it was at the time where Yuan was secretly trying to throw the unfinished bitter medicine that Jun Qiang appeared.

He used his beautiful face and smiled evilly.

Then took the bowl of medicine, swallowed and fed her the medicine mouth to mouth.

Then now Miss saw!!!

"Miss! Yuan is just cultivating love with Jun Qiang ah! Not doing anything else!"

Better to blame it all on Jun Qiang. Better than having Miss find out that Yuan was throwing away her medicine ah! 

Su Chen caught the sight of a suspicious black droplet on Jun Qiang's mouth and opted to remain ignorant. If anything, Jun Qiang was an even stricter nanny than she was.

Su Chen just smiled knowingly as Yuan blushed further and scooped a bowl of golden soup out before bringing it to Yuan at the bed.

At a sip, Yuan couldn't help but exclaim in delight.

That hot burning texture of the ginger and rice wine fried fragrantly with a hint of sesame and chunks of chicken. When the oozing flavours appeared, the turtle was then added in, stuffed with herbs, and finally the soup was left to stew into a thick milky golden tangy soup after 12 hours.

Yuan could not help but felt tears pricking her eyes.

"Miss treats Yuan so well!"

Su Chen could not help but knock the silly girl's forehead lightly.

"If I don't treat you well, who else would I treat well!"

Yuan covered her forehead and pouted.

"Of course, Master Shen- Ah!"

Yuan covered her mouth hastily.

She berated herself for being foolish. Already her Miss was so worried she had turned skinnier, now she says the taboo word.

Yuan felt angry at herself but before she could console her Miss, a manly hand gently took over the bowl to feed her.

"Yuan'er, be good and eat this properly. Don't let Sect Madam's good will for you be wasted."

At Jun Qiang's words, Yuan blushed deeper and allowed herself to be fed while thinking furiously how this 16 year old boy is acting as if he was older than her. Hhmph!!

When Yuan finally slept, Su Chen quietly moved out with Jun Qiang following.

"Sect Madam..."

Su Chen looked over, her worried eyes and dark circles apparent despite her words saying otherwise.

"Master. He-"

"I know." Su Chen interrupted.

Even Jun Qiang is unaware of where Shen Yi was.

It was an odd quiet few weeks of unprecedented peace.

But Su Chen felt ruffled like something was out of place.

"I know. If he was back, he would have told you."

Wurong Jian had been helming the Sect while Shen Yi was missing while Jun Qiang became her bodyguard while nursing Yuan.

"Then..."

"Jun Qiang, I'll wait here." Su Chen smiled gently.

This time I will wait for him.

He had chased me for so long but this time, I will trust him and wait for him.

------------------

Turtle soup can be yummy!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.4M 206K 94
RANKED #1 CUTE #1 COMEDY-ROMANCE #2 YOUNG ADULT #2 BOLLYWOOD #2 LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT #3 PASSION #7 COMEDY-DRAMA #9 LOVE P.S - Do let me know if you...
671K 16.4K 123
As a virtuous wife, does it include tolerating his cousin, enduring his concubines, bearing his mother? If you will not let me live freely, why would...
2.7M 163K 76
Nobody ever loved him; she was the first who loved him. He did not have a family and then one day she entered into his life and became a world for h...
148K 8K 51
Kim Namjoon, the cold hearted Prince of Bangtan Isles who cannot trust anyone after being betrayed by his childhood friend. Jung Seokjin, the kind a...