Electrify My Heart

By KimmiePines

"You change into a different person when you smile!" "Is it a good thing, or a bad thing?" □■□■ Y/n, an out... More

prologue
chapter 1: marinette dupain-cheng
chapter 3: witch y/n
chapter 4: invitation and rejection
chapter 5: practicing and convincing
chapter 6: posing and drawing
chapter 7: working and winning
chapter 8: connections and progression
chapter 9: mistakes
chapter 10: comforting and confronting
epilogue

chapter 2: the notebook

1.4K 51 137
By KimmiePines

warning/s: cringy writing. i cringed writing this one particular scene. also,, minor language?

///

Someone opened the door of the faculty's office. She smiled at Ms. Mendeleeiv but the teacher didn't care. Instead she just gave her the notebooks. "Here, distribute their homeworks. I've already graded them."

She nodded and proceeded to walk back to her classroom.

///

"Okay, you are all dismissed. Now, go back to your classrooms!" Mr. Damocles announced. Everyone wore their bags and scattered. They wanted to escape this particular place.

Meanwhile, Nathaniel ran the halls like that one superhero. He went up the stairs, skipping some steps just to get to the office.

He pushed the door with an immense force. He immediately went to look for his green sketch notebook, but no color was present.

Mendeleeiv looked at the student in front of her, frantically arranging the notebooks. She rolled her eyes. So much for ruining her morning.

"What are you fooling around for?"

Nathaniel faced her, fear in his eyes. "Miss, have you seen my green notebook?"

"Well if there aren't any green notebooks there then someone must have already taken them."

His eyes widened more, if it was possible. He wasted no time as he fled out of the room.

The person who retrieved the notebooks, however, was in her room, returning said notebooks to their owners. After returning one after another, she came across something interesting. This particular green notebook has no name, and has the number 24 written on the cover.

/

He was running out of breath. Why are there so many stairs?

/

She looked around her, no one seemed to be looking for it at the moment. Curiosity got the best of her as she flipped open the middle pages. She saw a nice, detailed drawing of a girl she's familiar with. She'd seen her. To confirm her suspicions, 'Marinette' was written besides her face.

Interrupting her thoughts was the bluebell-eyed girl's own laugh, mixing with her best friend's as she heard about her gossip.

The girl holding the notebook tapped Marinette's shoulders. Without saying anything, she gave her the small book.

/

Another set of stairs! Why does his room have to be on the fifth floor! Curse his body for not being athletic. But he didn't give up. His reputation is on the line!

/

Alya, being a nosy friend, gathered her other friends to read the notebook Marinette was holding in her hands. They watched her scan through hundreds of sketches, but one exact comic caught her eye.

Marinette ran past the dark, empty hallways. She was breathing heavily. She tried to outrun the monster chasing her but she was slowly getting tired, she didn't think she could do this anymore.

Her last resort was to call for help, which she thought it was hopeless since nobody in their right mind (except Marinette) would still be in school at this hour.

But she did anyway. She was running out of time. "Help! Somebody help me!"

/

He glides through a hall full of students. He tripped but he didn't fell, luckily. It would just waste him a lot of time.

/

The fight came to an end and she took this cue to run towards him. "Mister, are you okay?"

"Call me 'SuperNathan'-" he suddenly coughes out blood. Marinette just noticed the superhero was battered but she should see the other guy.

"Oh no!" She exclaimed dramatically, placing a hand on her chest. "SuperNathan, you're hurt."

"It's fine." He gave her a heroic smile.

/

Marinette kept on reading and reading, until...

/

Marinette smiled back and then placed her hands gently on the either side of his shoulders. "Thank you for saving my life, SuperNathan. What can I do to repay you?"

"Perhaps... a kiss?"

She smiled more, leaning in, making SuperNathan lean in as well. They shared a lovely kiss.

"SuperNathan," she parted away and looked him in his eyes. "I know you're Nathaniel."

"What? I-I'm not-"

"You are. But I still accept you for who you are and that's what matters. So, Nathaniel," she said as she kneeled down with one knee. "Will you marry me?"

SuperNathan gasped. He took a step back and admired the diamond ring and the gesture in front of him. "Oh, Marinette!" He exclaimed in an adoring manner "I-"

A screech from a table occupied the awkward silence. The crowd surrounding Marinette looked at the intruder. It was him...

All of this staring is making him crazy. He just wants to end it all. But first... his gaze fell upon the girl at the center, holding his personal sketch notebook.

He took a look at her face wearing such anger. It doesn't suit her usual cheery persona. This was all his fault. He felt guilt, embarrassment, anxiety, and he just wanted it to all go away.

But he needed to speak now.

He took a small step forward. "M-Marinette, I-"

What she did was something he didn't expect.

She threw his sketch notebook directly at his head. The papers landed on the floor with a plack!

Silence.

Marinette continued to stare at him with a disapproving look on her face.

He had no choice but to run away. To run away from those judgemental and pity eyes.

It was as if everything was in slow motion, but not in a good way. As he ran through the halls with tears in his eyes, he clutched his hair and all he could think about was how he messed up so badly.

///

"What should I do, what should I do, what should I do, what should I do, what should I do, what should I do-"

His phone vibrated in his pocket. He reached for it and looked at the contact. It was Aiko.

He answered with an exhausted, "Hello?"

"Where have you been?" He heard her voice. "Uh, where are you right now?"

Nathaniel looked around the room. Around him were step ladders, nets, balls, banners, cleaning supplies. "Hey, I want to tell you something." He said to the phone.

"Okay, you can tell them later." Suddenly, he heard her laugh. "That cartoon about Marinette, you drew that, right? Man, this is so great. I love it!"

He shook his head, disbelief in his features. "How did you know that?"

"Dude," Aiko's flat tone responded. "Everyone in the school has read it." He can hear her classmates laughing in the distance, making him sigh.

"Meet me at the library."

///

Someone flipped a xeroxed copy of the comic. They saw the part when SuperNathan had asked her for a kiss. They were disgusted as they threw the papers down.

Nathaniel flinched away, seeing the person's reaction to his dramatic and desperate comic. He continued to hide in his opened Calculus book.

"I don't know who shared it," Aiko started, reading a page from a romance novel. "Everyone doesn't know it either."

He cried and whined into his book, fully hiding his face in shame and hopeless, after hearing that he couldn't know who shared the damn comic. "Oh my gosh..."

Aiko just watched him with a poker face. He's so dramatic. "But what I do know is that I know who made Marinette read it."

Nathaniel turned to her sharply, clearly wanting to know more about her discovery.

"Someone from your class had told me," she said with a smug face, amused by her best friend's expression.

"Her name is Y/n."

He just stared, contemplating about who this Y/n is. He doesn't even know her. "I can't think of anyone that has that name. Which Y/n?"

Aiko went back to reading. "Yes, that's her."

"So which Y/n?" He was getting infuriated, he just wants to know the answer.

She faced him with an equally annoyed face. "'Witch' Y/n, that's her name. They call her that because she's the quiet girl who doesn't speak much with everyone. They always thought that she secretly brews enchanted potions and has a flying broom."

He racked his brain. He swore he'd seen her before.

Aiko sighed. "She's in the same Physics class as you and Marinette."

His eyes widened in realization. He then went back and remembered the girl blending with the crowd. Her almost dead eyes and blank face stood among them.

He wanted to talk to her.

//

You just flushed the toilet.

You lift up your bag and shrugged it around  your shoulders. You opened the door and was then met with two furious torquoise eyes glaring at you intensely. You jumped, seeing a boy inside the girl's bathroom. It was both and weird and scary.

He was trying to be intimidating. "You're the one who made Marinette read the comic, right?"

You just gave him a meek nod.

"Why?"

"W-Well the book has her name on it... so I give it to her." You turned away as you made your exit.

Nathaniel stared at the back of your head, not backing down. "Why did you do it? Why?"

You faced him again, feigning an innocent look. "I've already answered the question. Why are you asking again?" You just wanted to go home, but then this weirdo just went and ask you the same questions over and over again.

"I know that!" Nathaniel yelled, making you jump. You stared at him in concern, your heartbeat getting faster. Actually, the device in your wrist is beeping continuously.

TUTUTUTUTUTUTUT-

Without caution, he reached for your arms desperately but once he touched it, he was thrown far away from you, landing on the marble sink, his back against the mirror on the wall.

Your backpack fell, making the contents inside of it spill out of the bag. You yelped as your back made contact with the floor. The beeping still continued. You stared in horror at the boy gritting his teeth in pain.

You could feel your heart threatening to come out of your chest. Your gut was telling you to escape from him, like you did with any problem. You're always running away.

So you did. You hastily stacked your books and carried all of them on your arms, but you failed to notice an important piece of picture slipping out of your notebook. Still, you ran out, and the beeping was non-stop.

Nathaniel soon recovered from a state of shock, emotionally and physically. He slowly got up from the sink and tidied up his uniform. He needs to get out of here before other girls could come in and he'd humiliate himself for the second time today.

He saw a picture on the floor, making him groan in annoyance. Of course she's the one who stole Adrien's picture on the bulletin board. Of course she likes the school's superstar. Of course.

But then an idea popped into his head. He could use this against her. He can already imagine himself doing the evil laugh. He kept the picture in his pocket.

He thought about the girl who just happened to hurl him across the room just by touching her. How can she do that? How did she manage to shock him?

///

Back in his room, Nathaniel held an electrical cord in his hand and the extension sockets in the other. He stared at it in both curiosity and wonder. Testing it, he plugged the cord back and forth. It's not shocking him.

Another idea.

He retrieved a device under his bed. An electric fly swatter.

Slowly, he reached a finger towards it. As soon as he touched it, it shocked him. He yelped, caressing his fried finger a bit.

He put the swatter down, seeming to be thinking about something. He decided.

He threw the fly killer away and stood up from his position on the bed and quickly sat down, reaching for a ruler while doing so.

With a piece of paper in front of him, he drew panels. He is going to make a comic that will surely change everything.

Nathaniel smirked as he breathed out.

He's going to take his revenge.

end of chapter two.

///

arigatou !!

sayonaraaaa~

KimmiePines

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

43.1K 1.7K 20
ɪ ʙᴇɢᴀɴ ᴛᴏ ʙᴀᴄᴋ ᴀᴡᴀʏ, ᴍʏ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛ ʙᴇᴀᴛɪɴɢ ᴘᴀɪɴꜰᴜʟʟʏ ᴀꜱ ᴛʜᴏꜱᴇ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛꜱ ꜰɪʟʟᴇᴅ ᴍʏ ʜᴇᴀᴅ. ʜᴏᴡᴇᴠᴇʀ, ɪ ᴅɪᴅɴ'ᴛ ɢᴇᴛ ᴠᴇʀʏ ꜰᴀʀ ᴀꜱ ꜱᴜᴅᴅᴇɴʟʏ, ᴀʀᴍꜱ ᴡʀᴀᴘᴘᴇᴅ ᴀʀᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴍʏ...
16.1K 283 22
Y/n recently moved to paris and she also joined Françoise Dupont High School. She was afraid that she won't be able to make friends.... But the desti...
746K 20.8K 51
"i have a crush on you. please don't be mad." "thanks. i appreciate it." /// y/n l/n is a normal student who just...
333K 14.5K 41
Bitten by a radioactive spider and playing superhero back in California was fine, but in Paris? This one is going to be a doozy. With avoiding two su...