Not Broken. Jaehyun Mafia Au

By i_stan_satan_and_nct

"You can't fix me." 'You're right. I can't fix someone who isn't broken." Y/N is a burlesque dancer living i... More

Wake Up
Good Thing
Regular
Regular to Irregular
Sun and Moon
Take Off
Another World
The 7th Sense
Mad City Part One
Mad City Part 2
Say It
Yestoday
Firetruck
Boss
Heartbreaker
Let's shut up and dance
Dream in a Dream
Wakey Wakey
119
Switch
Whiplash
Fireflies
We Are 127
Simon Says
Blow My Mind
Boom
Once again
Replay
I have an announcement
Drippin
GO
Quiet Down
Kitchen Beat
Day Dream
Yeah yeah yeah
Touch
Long slow distance
Face to Face
0 Mile
Welcome To My Playground
Knock on
We Go Nana
Angel
Beautiful Time
123
Black on Black
Stronger
Punch
Pandora's Box
My Page
Love Talk
Dreaming
Baby don't like it
Best Friend
100
Back 2 U
7 Days
Walk You Home
Bad Alive
Prelude
Turn Back Time
Lalalove
Make Your Day
Hard For Me
Cherry Bomb
Vision
Kick It
Awaken the World
Lips
Stand By Me

Chain

759 58 8
By i_stan_satan_and_nct

"The blink of an eye that I just met
There is a fire (touch me right)
to light the night, oh yeah
This new age isn't a storm
(through the dark)
We will become the one
Look at the same place"

                                 -Chain by NCT 127

⛓🔗⛓🔗⛓🔗⛓🔗⛓🔗⛓🔗⛓🔗⛓🔗

Trigger warning: Kidnapping, hinting at the romanization of Stockholme syndrome, intense violence and abuse. Mentions of rape.

A/N: Hey guys! So, I've been planning this chapter for several months and I thought that it was important to write a kind of blurb beforehand. Fanfiction is fun because we get to write about and explore various tropes while putting our own spin on them. One trope that I have always loved is the Stockholme syndrome trope, where a kidnapping victim falls in love with her/his captor. This concept is sexy and fun to fantasize about, BUT I want to make it clear that abusive relationships like this should not be sought out in real life. I know this might sound obvious to some, but I want to make it clear that violence isn't a sign of love. Manipulation is not a sign of love. Being controlled by your partner is not a sign of love! ALSO, it is totally okay to have fantasies about these things. What one fantasizes about is not a reflection of what they want in a relationship, so don't harass people for having these fantasies. Let me be clear. In this story, there will be abuse. I'm sorry if you are not comfortable with that and I understand if you choose to leave said story. Okay now back to the story.  

⛓⛓⛓⛓⛓⛓⛓⛓⛓⛓⛓⛓⛓⛓⛓⛓

We all turn towards the voice. Well... they turn, I just kind of look up.

It was none other than the boss himself standing at the top of the wooden stairs.   

I hadn't noticed until now, but Taeyong and Doyoung were dressed very casually. Doyoung wore faded blue jeans and a maroon hoodie that said Tokyo on the back with a few Japanese characters underneath. His shoes were typical black and white sneakers from a brand I couldn't recognize and sticking out of his back pocket was a supreme brand wallet with a ribbon lanyard linking it to one of his belt loops.

Taeyong was wearing black skinny jeans with holes near the knees. It didn't look like he bought them that way, Ir seemed more likely that he added those holes himself. He was also wearing a hoodie, but his was white with no design on it except for a few splashes of brown. My jaw clenched when I focused on the splashes, which now seemed less like a part of the design, and more like old blood stains. Looking down, I noticed that he was wearing rubber boots one might wear when working with livestock.

They were both dressed warmly, which made sense since the room felt like it was barely above freezing. It didn't help that I was still only wearing pasties and underwear. Thinking back, I'm pretty sure that Mark was wearing a hoodie as well. The image of Mark wearing a yellow hoodie underneath an unbuttoned denim jacket crosses my mind.

What prompted my sudden urge to examine the gang member's wardrobe choices was the fact that Jaehyun was still wearing a suit. In fact, he was wearing the same crushed black velvet Armani suit as last night, suggesting that he hadn't slept at all since then. The bags under his eyes confirm my suspicion.  

Despite the apparent exhaustion in his face, he still looked as sexy as ever. Maybe even sexier. His hair was messy with strands flying out every which way. It looked as if he had spent the whole night running his fingers through it. For a sinful second I imagined what it would be like if I were the one running my fingers through it.

Get a grip Y/N!

The pain radiating throughout my body must have made me drunk. This was not the time to indulge in my hormonal twenty-one-year-old fantasies. Now was the time to panic.

"How long has she been awake?"Jaehyun asked ignoring my presence.

"Only twenty minutes, sir," responded Taeyong.

"And why was I not informed of this twenty minutes ago?" boomed the pink haired man.

Taeyong looked more intimidated than intimidating.

"I'm sorry sir. I thought that you had finally gone to sleep and I didn't want-"

"Sleep?" Jaehyun scoffed. "How could I have slept when..." Jaehyun finally met my eyes.

I stopped breathing for the fear that the noise would anger him more.

Taking his time down the steps, the man abandoned his previous thoughts and continued to silently examine his prey.

He stopped right in front of me, pointed at a nearby chair and snapped.

Both Doyoung and Taeyong scrambled to retrieve a chair but Taeyong happened to be a little faster, placing a chair behind his boss, allowing him to take a seat. He instinctually crosses his legs.

Jaehyun reached into his jacket's inner pocket and took out the emerald necklace. Uncrossing his legs, he rests his elbows on his lap. He leans over, never taking his eyes off me. It's like he wants to test my reactions. He lets the necklace drop from his hand, only for the chain to catch on his ring finger.

"You want to know why you're here?" He asks not obviously not intending to let me answer.

"I'll tell you why you're here," He growls through clenched teeth.

"Lucas."

I stare at the necklace avoiding his eyes. The room suddenly feels hot.

"I want to know who you are and what about you and Lucas."

Boiling, the room suddenly feels boiling, like my skin has been lit on fire. The walls deem like they've gotten closer together and all I want to do is scream.

He knows. Oh my fucking god, he knows. He knows about Lucas. He knows that I killed Lucas. Fuck! How could I have been so stupid as to wear the necklace that I stole from a major mob boss, and while performing in front of a room full of his men!? Why was I so foolish to think that no one would recognize it?

I close my eyes attempting to think.

Okay Y/N, be calm. Think! Okay. The only way that I even have a chance of getting out of here alive and with minimal bodily harm is if I can somehow convince them that I didn't kill Lucas. I have to stay strong. I can't mess this up. No matter how much they hurt me, I an't let them know what I did. I will get through this alive. I always find a way to survive. 

"Would you like to start the interrogation, sir?" Taeyong asked.

"No, actually I would not like to start the interrogation."

Taeyong and Doyoung both cast each other glances of confusion and I let myself relax as much as I could in this type of situation.

"No. Let's save the official interrogation for tomorrow. Tonight, I want to have a little fun."

My body clenches again.

"Fuck yeah!" Doyoung exploded. "Let's teach this fucking bitch a lesson."

"No," began Jaehyun. "Tonight, I want her all to myself. Doesn't that sound fun, Kitten?"

I don't dare look up at him, instead I turn towards Doyoung who looks more than disappointed about not being able to beat my face to a bloody pulp.

"What's wrong? Is our Kitten shy?"

I'm frozen still.

"Tell Winwin to bring down my scotch."

I see Doyoung nod before rushing out of my vision.

My head remains turned away from the pink haired gangster who is now breathing down my neck.

"Normally I would tell you that if you somehow managed to be a good girl, that I would go easy on you, but I think we both know that's not how things are going to go."

I let out a small whimper and the man responds with a chuckle.

"Does the little kitten think that if she meows, I'll change my mind?"

Jaehyun grabs my face and painfully squeezes it. He moves his closer to mine until he is just centimeters away. His eyes flicker from my eyes down my face, then down my unclothed body.

"You know...I'm sure Lucas must have had a lot of fun with you. I wonder if my boys would as well."

Spit.

"God!" Jaehyun yells, wiping my saliva off his face.

The ounce of power I felt in that moment is quickly washed away as a large ring-covered hand comes crashing against my already swollen cheek.

The door opens and although my vision is fuzzy, I am able to see the shape of the person walking down the stairs.

The closer he gets to us, the easier it is to make out his appearance.

I hadn't seen him before. He definitely wasn't at the performance last night.

His hair is short and curly. It reminds you of the memes comparing Justin Timberlake's hair to ramen; the only difference being that this man's hair was black. Besides the obvious perm, his hair looked the most natural out of all of the higher-up gang members. His face was small and cute, but he looked more irritated than playful. His facial proportions were perfect and symmetrical. If Taeyong was an anime character, this guy was a porcelain doll. Even his body was doll-like, being considerably slimmer than that of his colleagues. He appeared to be the same height as Doyoung based on how he looks standing next to Taeyong.

He shook Taeyongs hand and handed him the bottle of scotch he had brought into the room with him.

"How was the show?" the man asked, revealing his thick Chinese accent not even glancing my way.

Korean was already hard for you to understand, but Korean spoken in any dialect other than the Seoul dialect made for pure confusion.

"Don't even ask," Taeyong responded.

"I'm sorry I missed it," the raven-haired man replied.

"Don't be," Jaehyun interjected. "The real show is just about to begin."

Jaehyun grabs the liquor bottle from Taeyong and sets it on a nearby table. He removes his jacket, setting it on his hair.

"Is this the girl?" the man asked. I turned to realize that he was watching me as I watched his boss.

"This is her," Jaehyun grabs a dusty glass that was resting on the broken pool table and uses his button up shirt to wipe it off. Returning the bottle of scotch, he pours himself a generous double.

The newcomer approaches me and examines me, something I should be used to by now, but am understandingly not.

"Huh," he says under his breath, only loud enough for the two of us to hear.

Something is off. He doesn't look at me the same way that Doyoung, Taeyong and Jaehyun had. With them, I could see the anger and rage within their eyes. With Mark, all you saw was confusion. With this guy, you didn't see any anger in his eyes just pure curiosity and a tiny resemblance of the confusion Mark held.

"What did you say WInWin?" Jaehyun asked, glancing towards us.

"Nothing. What do we know about her?"

"Right, you weren't at the meeting either, so all you know is that she had the necklace," Taeyong interjected.

Winwin nodded.

"We don't know her name yet, or any of the other details involving Lucas or you know who," Taeyong looks towards Jaehyun who was tightly gripping his drink.

"Go ask Taeil or Yuta to catch you up," Jaehyun snarled. "Tae, you stay here."

Winwin nodded and left up the stairs.   

"This is going to be a long night," Taeyong sighed.

"Not long enough," Jaehyun said under his breath. He rolled up with sleeves one by one, downed his scotch, then poured another one.

I just sat their bracing myself, unable to do anything else as Jaehyun made his way towards me.

"You helped kill someone very important to me, but since I can't have fun with a woman without offering her a drink first."

Jaehyun brought the still dirty glass to my lips.

"Drink it. It's the only pain killer you'll get," He whispers.

As he tilts the glass, I start swallowing as much as I can until Jaehyn purposely drops the glass mid pour, letting it fumble off my lap and crash to the hard floor.

"Ooops."

I stared at the broken shards of glass on the floor. It felt like time slowed down and I started sobbing again.

"Crying already? But we haven't even started yet," he taunted.

"I don't know who Lucas is," I pleaded.

"Don't fucking lie to me."

I didn't want to look up because I knew that the glass falling to the ground meant more than a single fuck you. By letting the glass fall to the ground, Jaehyun was telling me, "Look. This is what I'm gonna do to you. I'm going to break you, piece by piece until you're as shattered as this glass. You won't resemble yourself after I'm done with you." He didn't say it out loud, but I heard it loud and clear.

Solidifying his point, Jaehyun threw the first punch. I had never been punched by anyone before, other than Lucas. One would think that having the prior experience of being struck by a mob boss would have at least let me know what to expect in this situation, but it didn't; this was much worse.

When Lucas had punched me, he had just wanted to knock me down and keep me there. When Jaehyun punched me, it was like he had been holding back his entire life, and emptying the anger from every childhood temper tantrum, every high school breakup, every fight with his parents, and every stubbed toe into this punch. The punch was so hard that images of these scenarios flashed before my eyes, but after I looked back up at the man who starred in these images, I realized that he wasn't channeling all of his past pains. He was just angry. That became obvious to me as he pulled his fist back, preparing for the next punch.

This punch was even worse than the first. Blood splattered from my mouth landing across the room onto Taeyong's face.

He furrowed his brows, showing minor disgust.

"Boss, I understand the situation, but you're hitting much harder than usual, and keep in mind that you usually hit much bigger people as well," Taeyong explained trying to get his boss to ease up a bit.

The third punch landed, causing my nose to pour blood. I had no idea how I was still conscious, let alone that I still had all of my teeth.

"Boss!" Taeyong exclaimed.

Jaehyun ignored him.

I could barely open my left eye as it was already swelling.

Another hit, this one weaker than the others, but it was still enough to cause blood to pour out of my other nostril.

"Boss!" I hear Taeyongs voice.

I feel hands wrapped around my neck, His grip becoming tight enough block off my air passages, that were already struggling to breath do to all the blood gushing around.

"Tell me who did it! Was it you or him? Tell me! Fucking tell me!" He voice sounded desperate and defeated.

"Jaehyun! Stop! You can't kill her! We still need her to tell us how to find Lucas!"

Find Lucas? What?

I move my mouth, but no words come out. For a short moment, I remember my dream. The irony of having my life end in the same way that my dream had ended was the last thing I had thought of before I completely lost consciousness.  

A/N: please vote. If this story gets to 80 votes, I'll release the next chapter. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

35.3K 389 45
Taeyong / Reader Y/n is from Chicago, IL where she grew up in the house next door to famous Korean pop singer Johnny seo. But what happens when he in...
22.7K 1.1K 62
NCT Mafia Series Book #2 Under Jaehyun's command, the mafia family continued to expand. Things were going smooth for them, from their surface busines...
465K 14.9K 53
"You don't want to do this, I'll ruin you." "Maybe I want to be ruined." What will happen when Mirae finds out her friends are all in a gang and she'...
205K 8.7K 50
"𝙞𝙩𝙨 𝙤𝙠𝙖𝙮 𝙩𝙤 𝙡𝙤𝙫𝙚 𝙨𝙤𝙢𝙚𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙘𝙖𝙣'𝙩 𝙚𝙭𝙥𝙡𝙖𝙞𝙣" When her friends reveal to her their mafia connections, C...