She Sees Me

By ShawMcKnight

Who is Jay? Book 2 of the See Me Series Must read He Sees Me first! More

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Part 16
Part 17
Part 18
Part 19
Part 20
Part 21
Part 22
Part 23
Part 24
Part 25
Part 26
Part 28
Part 29
Part 30
Part 31
Part 32
Part 33
Part 34
Part 35
Part 36
Part 37
Part 38
Part 39
Part 40
Part 41
Part 42
Part 43
Part 44
Part 45
Part 46
Part 47
Part 48
Part 49
Part 50
Part 51
Part 52
Part 53
Part 54
Part 55
Part 56
Part 57
Part 58
Part 59
Part 60
Part 61
Part 62
Part 63
Part 64
Part 65
Part 66

Part 27

312 29 2
By ShawMcKnight

  "I don't know why you're upset. I'm the one doing it and I'm not that worry about it."

  Paisley frowned. "Because of us my mom is...." She couldn't even say it. She did not even want to think about it.

  "I say power to her. She needs to get her some."

  "Jay!"

  "Babe. I'm just calling it like I see it."

  Last night he'd been as embarrassed as her, but by this morning, he'd been over it. He thought Jack's update that Ernie and Is had made so much noise that Punk and Rosemary had to switch rooms was humorous. Angel was out so late that he decided to stay an extra day.

  She sent a frown at his back. Their Saturday morning consisted of huge bowls of cereal in front of the tv. He was like her and didn't care for watching tv except for Saturday mornings. He loved those old cartoons that most people probably knew nothing about. 

  She enjoyed any day they could stay home and have a normal day.

  Her mom slept in late this morning and now she was off visiting a friend. Lisa was getting to know her granddaughter and Jack had taken Punk out on an errand. Angel was sleeping it off and later everyone was getting together for a barbecue.

  "You know I'm right. You just don't want to admit it."

  Paisley decided she was spending too much time worrying about her mom and not enough time undressing her boyfriend with her eyes. He was wearing baggy jeans and his cookie monster shirt. Which would probably be the last time he ever wore it since he was changing the oil in the dorkmobile and making a mess of it.

  Only Jay could make leaning over a hood sexy. He wasn't even trying to. It was more than obvious that he wasn't any good at car work because he did a lot of cussing and hitting things.

  "I know what I'm doing, I just don't like doing it. These jeans aren't baggy and since we have established that you're always in heat we can assume you find me sexy no matter what I'm doing."

  She sighed. So true.

  He chuckled but never looked her way, so she kept admiring his backside. "Can't you pay someone to do that for like twenty bucks?"

  "Bite your tongue, hon. Men change their own oil. It's just the way it's done."

  "Right, so only women are smart enough to know it's cheaper and easier to take it to the lube shop?"

  Cussing, he shook out the hand he'd just hurt.

  Laughing, Paisley crossed her legs and started to pick the little white flowers around her. "What are your thoughts about Punk? Think he'll stay?"

  "Hope so. He's stubborn as hell but he's going to need all the help he can get."

  "He's completely in love with that little sweetie. Whatever he does, I'm sure that he'll take care of her."

  "It's not always that easy. When you have been through everything he has, you begin to think everything you touch turns to shit."

  "Can you help him?"

  Cleaning his hands off, he turned to look at her. "I'm unsure if I should. I've been known to turn stuff to shit myself. How do I know he won't turn into his dad one day? Even he doesn't trust himself."

  "Because you know what is inside of him." She answered softly. "You don't trust yourself either, but I do. Maybe he just needs someone to believe in him like I believe in you."

  "If everyone knew everything I can do, they would fear me. I'm dangerous. A freak. I have enough bad luck for a hundred people, and you look at me like I'm superman. I told Jack I could talk to you from miles away and he didn't even blink. I can't decide if the four of you are the dumbest people on the face of the earth or if I am."

  "There are other choices."

  "Tell me what you would do about Punk if you were me? Shouldn't he have free will? Who's to say that if he wants to give her away, he shouldn't be able to?"

  She knew what his real question was. What his real worry was.

    "You're not a freak and stop thinking that way or you will piss me off. What you can do is dangerous. If you were anyone else, I would be worried, but I know you. I can feel how worry you are about screwing up. I know you hate using all the things you can do, that's how I know that you are the best person in the world for the powers you have. All you want to do is help people. Someone else would try to get money out of it. They would force everyone to do exactly what they wanted them to do. That's not who you are. You have done nothing to anybody unless it was to help them or to help me."

  "Nobody should be able to do what I can do."

  "No one should hurt children. There shouldn't be gang wars or drug abuse, but they happen. Trump shouldn't be president and I want your promise if you ever get a chance to rewire him then you need to seriously think about it." She patted the space beside her. "I'm thankful it's you that can do everything you can do and not someone else. Could you imagine how Angel would handle it?"

  His lips twisted as he sat next to her and took her hand. "Straight A's and free beer."

  "Exactly. None of the women he knew would ever wear anything but bikini tops."

  He grinned. "So, you noticed him checking out your rack?"

  "His eyes never looked anywhere else. I also noticed that you didn't make him stop, you could have ordered him to yet all you did was punch him in the arm."

  "A guy should be able to check out a girl. Just not my girl. He's a breast guy but I've always been partial to asses."

  She gave him a dry look. "I would say that's good since my breast aren't much to look at, but neither is my ass."

  "Are you kidding me with that shit? I could look at that ass all day long. The only reason I don't is because it's not long till I'm wanting to do more than just look at it."

  Pleased with his answer, she kissed him then she placed the head band of flowers she had made on the top of his head. I think you just made my point for me. It pissed you off that he was checking me out, but you didn't stop him. The same for that guy in the restaurant. You didn't order Seth to never touch me again. You could make straight a's in school, but you never take a grade you don't think you deserve. And yes, you have been using your stuff more than you like but it's all for good. Wouldn't it be just as wrong to have your gifts and not use them to help others?"

  "Half the time I don't know what I'm doing."

  "You always know what you're doing. You're upset because you're getting stronger, and you don't want to. If anyone can handle it, it's you. Us, because you are not alone anymore. We're a team. Want to know what I would do about Punk? Ask him what he wants. I know you can't go around telling people what you can do but he's family. Tell him you can make it where he never has to worry about physically hurting Rosemary. Not that I think he ever would, but since it's a worry to him, that's what you fix. Let him decide whether he stays or goes. Let him decide whether he keeps her or not but before he decides that give him a chance to have that one fear laid to rest."

  "I love you."

  "Don't change the subject. As far as the.... as the...."

  "Horny thing?"

  "Yes, as far as that then you'll figure it out. If not, then people better get used to it. I will not have you feeling bad about wanting me just because others are ill equipped to handle it."

  He grinned. "I'm not the one who was feeling bad."

  "Whatever. You get the point. As far as you knowing everyone's secrets, their secrets couldn't be in better hands. You share none of them, even with me."

  "You found out about Matthew."

  "And I think as soon as you stop chickening out and you really fully connect us then I'll know all of them. I'm prepared for that and I'll protect them just as fiercely as you do."

  He snorted. "No, you'll worry about all of them and probably go insane."

  "You worry about them to. Your heart is as big as mine if not bigger."

 He grunted.

  "It's true. And I'll handle it just fine. Know why?"

  "I know why you think so."

  "Because we aren't just becoming connected. We are becoming a part of each other. Merging into more than two beings with two minds and no, that doesn't scare me."

 "You wouldn't be human if it didn't scare you."

  "The only part that scares me is how you're going to handle it. I know I told you I wouldn't be, but I guess I'm still a little worried that you will run for it."

  "I'm terrified shitless but I'm not going anywhere."

  She grinned, picked up her phone and took a picture of him. He looked to adorable not to.

  "Can I tell you I love you now?"

  "No, but you can show me. You can make me feel it." She crawled into his lap.

  "You forgot I'm covered in oil and we're sitting in your front yard."

  "Maybe but I don't care."

  "Mr. Pitkin's does. He's thinking you are a very forward girl."

  "Mr. Pitkin has no idea how forward."

  His smirk and next thought halted her kiss. "Crap."

  His smile was understanding. "You need to speak to him. I think it will be awhile before you see him again."

 Sad, she looked towards Seth. He was sitting in his car, looking forward because it bothered him to see her like this with Jay. "Will he be okay?"

  "I helped as much as I can. The rest is up to him."

  Paisley gave him a soft kiss. "Now tell me you love me, and I can do this."

  "There's nothing you can't do, and I love you, Paisley."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

34.2K 630 13
A/ N: Although this book is not finished and doesn't have a formal ending, I will not be updating anymore. I have been in writers block for a while...
82.1K 1.2K 5
(Publishing 4/2. Leaving Wattpad 3/7) EXCERPT ONLY Being in love with your best friend is complicated. Being in love with him after your parents get...
615K 17.4K 46
#𝟏 • 𝐀 𝐆𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐆𝐢𝐫𝐥'𝐬 𝐓𝐚𝐥𝐞. ❝But there's him. He wants to know who I am. He wants to know my past. He wants to know my secret. He isn't d...
375K 18K 22
A prequel to the book See Me. After losing his best friend to suicide, Zane begins a new life at a new school. In an effort to change his problemati...