enemies (with benefits) » l.r...

By sleeplessbexuty

let's talk about sex, baby. everyone in this story is the worst person you've ever met. CONTENTS: plethora o... More

prologue
one
one (not private)
two
three
four
five
six
seven
seven (not private)
eight
Question
Update Soon
nine
ten
eleven
eleven (not private)
twelve
thirteen
fourteen part one
fourteen part two
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
ninteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty three
twenty four
twenty five
Not An Update
twenty six
twenty seven
twenty eight
twenty nine
thirty
Not An Update
thirty one
thirty two
thirty three
thirty four
thirty five
Not An Update
thirty six
thirty seven
Warning
thirty eight part one
thirty eight part two
thirty nine
forty
forty one
end
epilogue
Author's Note
Yikes

twenty two

2.3K 55 27
By sleeplessbexuty

Vanessa

"Okay, I think you've made enough unnecessary drama with Luke, V," Jess said, handing me one of her sweaters.

"I wasn't making anything," I huffed, tossing the sweater on her bed.

"There's obviously something going on if Luke, who hates me, is coming to me for advice and help on why his girlfriend is avoiding him," as she spoke, she picked up the sweater and shoved it toward me, pushing me into her bathroom. "now try on the damn sweater."

"Jess, you know I hate sweaters unless they're made a certain way," I whined, stomping my foot.

"Don't change subjects, just your clothes," she pushed me in the bathroom and shut the door. "so tell me, what's going through your mind?"

"Nothing is," I told her, reluctantly taking off my sweatshirt and pulling the ridiculous looking sweater over my head.

"Well, if Luke is telling me that you won't even go near him, something must be going on," I stared at the mirror, fidgeting with the bottom of the fabric. "besides, you know you have to be with him tonight since your mom set up that giant dinner party that everyone and their attractive brother is attending." I rolled my eyes.

"I'd rather attend my job," I opened the door and, very unenthusiastically, showed off my attire.

"It looks better on you than me," she swooned, smiling big. "you're wearing that black dress I got you over summer tonight, right?"

"I guess," I mumbled, pulling on my sleeve. "I really do not wanna go, since the last party I went to I completely shattered everything between Mom and I."

"Does she know you're creating nonexistent problems between you and Luke?" Jess was back in her closet, pulling out millions of sweaters and tossing them on her bed.

"No, she keeps grumbling about how Michael would make such a better boyfriend than Luke," I watched a blue one fly through the air and land on the forming pile in the middle of her bed.

"Yes . . . ?"

"He has been after you for years," she groaned, laying her forehead on the closet door.

"He has? I thought he loved making fun of me?"

"He doesn't express feelings well," she moved to her bed, picking up the blue sweater and tossed it to me. "try that one." I let it fall to my feet, unwilling to try on anymore dumb sweaters.

"Seriously, V."

"Jess, I'm hungry."

"You're always hungry. Try that then I'll feed you."

"But I don't wanna!" I pouted, folding my arms. She sighed, walking over and picking it up, yanking me into the bathroom.

"I swear, it's like you're seven," she grumbled, pulling off the sweater I had on then pulled the blue one on me. "it looks pretty on you." She adjusted the sleeves, collar, and middle like Mom use to when I was younger. Come to think of it, Jess was like Mom, always making sure that I was taken care of and that I didn't do anything stupid. It was weird, actually.

"You should know what I'm like when I'm hungry," I said, swinging my arms.

"Yes, you're grumpy and chidlish and you refuse to do anything until you've eaten," she smiled. "the sweater looks amazing." I looked down at it then glanced back at the mirror. I guess it looked alright. "Maybe I should invite Luke over so you two can actually be around each other."

"If you'd like to," I started pulling off the sweater, tossing it on the ground with the other one, and pulled my sweatshirt back on. At least my clothes aren't itchy.

"I'm going to. And you're ordering food," she picked up her phone and left the room, leaving me to attempt a call for some pizza.

***

Luke arrived 10 minutes after I had ordered the pizza and I actually was excited to see him. Except, when I got closer to him, I noticed the dark circles and bags under his eyes.

"Have you slept at all?" I wrapped my arms around him in a tight hug, practically suffocating my face in his shirt.

"An hour or two here or there in classes," his voice was crackly, but he didn't skimp on the hug. His arms were just as tight around me and it felt like a Luke hug that I didn't know I missed.

"Have you eaten?" Jess asked, her voice unintentionally judgmental.

"Not today, no."

"I mean at all," Luke was quiet, and I felt his chin lower onto my head as he rubbed my back and hugged me tighter to him.

"Haven't been up for it much," he mumbled, and I could only imagine the look on Jess' face because she knows he eats at least five times a day.

"Well," she drug it out, only a long pause awaiting after.

"I ordered pizza," my voice was muffled into his shirt. "hope you'll eat some."

"I will," he gently peeled me off of him and held me at arm's length, which is incredibly far given his long arms. He gave me a smile, but it seemed so shattered. I had no idea the affect I could put on a person just by saying I needed some alone time.

"I'm sorry," I whispered, terrified my voice would give away my possible breakdown. I heard footsteps fade across the floor, but I couldn't look anywhere but Luke's pale face. He shook his head, pulling me back into him again. I held onto him, afraid to let go. I lost him once, I didn't want to go through that again.

"You know I love you," he muttered, his arms getting so tight it was almost uncomfortable.

"I love you, too," I said into his shirt. It was difficult to say it, because I hadn't told him in awhile. But I know the feeling was there when he was actually here, holding onto me as I held onto him.

"Is everyone happy now?" Jess' voice came from the kitchen. I pulled my head back and looked up at his face. He smiled and nodded.

"Yes," I said, smiling back at him.

"Okay, you have my permission to make out or something," we laughed and he placed a small kiss on my cheek.

"Maybe I can make it up to you later," he winked and I giggled, my stomach doing flips.

"Sounds good to me."

"You better 'make it up to her' in someone else's house!" Jess called, causing us to go into a laughing fit.

"I don't know, Jess, your room seems pretty vacant," Luke grinned, taking my hand, and pulling us both up the stairs.

"Hemmings! Don't you dare!" I heard her follow behind us, chasing after us both. Luke threw me into her room and quickly shut the door, a loud thud! coming from the opposite side and Jess yelling so many profanities. Luke chuckled then locked the door, taking off his shoes then hopped up on the bed.

"What are you doing?" I smiled, laughing a little as I watched him start jumping on Jess' bed.

"Just jumping," he grinned like a child, kicking sweaters in all different directions as he jumped.

"Luke! Get off of my bed!" Jess hollered, banging on the door. I laughed, falling back onto the floor.

"Make me, Sceals!" Luke hollered back.

"I swear to God, I will break this door down!"

"Do it! I triple dog dare you!" I laughed harder, rolling around on the floor.

"You two sound like children!" I held onto my aching stomach, kicking my legs.

"You look like a child," Luke said, jumping back onto the floor and hovered over me. I calmed down to a giggle, looking up at his smiling face. I've missed seeing his smile. "hey, pretty lady."

"Hi," I waved. He straddled over me, then carefully sat himself down on my stomach. "get off, you're too heavy!" I squirmed, trying to push him off.

"No sex in my room!" Jess yelled, hitting the door once. Luke grinned evilly then winked, picking up a sweater then tossing it across the floor.

"Oops, there goes her shirt!" He grinned and I laughed, picking up another sweater and tossing it next to the other. "Oh, she's an animal! She took off her pants, too!"

"Vanessa!" She hit the door again.

"Should we go to the bed, dear?" Luke asked, standing up and picked me up, throwing me on the bed.

"Well, it looks like you aren't giving me a choice," I laughed, him climbing over me.

"Oh my God, you two are revolting!" She ran down the hall and we both busted out laughing. He fell next to me, wiping the tears from his eyes.

"That was hilarious," he grinned at me.

"I miss stupid antics like this," I smiled back at him.

"I missed you," he took my hand, lacing his fingers with mine, and holding it on his chest. "if I have done anything to make you so upset, please tell me so I can fix it."

"You didn't do anything," his blue eyes searched my green ones, for any sign of a lie. "I was being stupid, I was second guessing myself."

"What were you second guessing?" I opened my mouth to say 'if I truly love you' but the thought brought me to tears.

"If I was really ready for this relationship," I cracked. "but I am, I know I am." He nodded, rubbing his thumb on my hand.

"May I kiss you?"

"You don't have to ask me," he smiled, propping himself up on his elbow and attached his lips on mine. My body melted into the bed as the familiarity that is Luke took over me.

The bed shifted and I peeked from under my eyelids to see him on top of me. I leaned up and deepened our much needed kiss, putting my hand on the back of his neck and pulling him closer.

A crash came from the other side of the room and we both jerked away from each other to see Jessie with a screwdriver and her door on the floor.

"I'll be damned," Luke mumbled, eyes wide.

"Out. Of. My. Room," we quickly got off her bed then ran downstairs just as the doorbell rang.

"I got it," I ran to the door, opening it up to the (rather cute) delivery guy. "hello."

"Hello," he said. My eyebrows furrowed. His voice sounded familiar. He looked up from getting the pizza and he almost dropped it. "Vanessa?"

"H-Hi," I smiled awkwardly at Michael. I hated when people I knew served me.

"What's taking so long?" Luke whined, coming up behind me and resting his chin on my shoulder.

"U-Uh, here," Michael practically shoved the box in my hands then took off down the driveway. He couldn't get in his car fast enough.

"Wait!" I handed Luke the box then ran after him. "Michael!"

"Who?!" I heard Jessie exclaim after I reached his car.

"Listen, I have a lot m-"

"Tip," I interrupted, handing him a ten.

"Wow, you only ordered one pizza," he stared at me. I shrugged, my arm still out. "I can't take that from you."

"Tip," I repeated, since it seemed to be the only thing I could say to him in my state of shock.

"Are you sure?" He shifted his weight uncomfortably and I nodded.

"V!" Jessie hollered at me. I glanced back at her, only barely catching her look of concern and rage before I looked back at Michael.

"Take it," I insisted. Michael chewed on his bottom lip and my cheeks flushed. I stared at his lips, my knees going weak.

"Are you okay?" He asked, his eyebrows furrowed. He was too attractive and many pizza guy porn videos ran through my head.

"N-No," I stuffed the ten in his shirt pocket and wavered slightly in my walking as I quickly went back to the house.

"I'll text you later!" He called after me.

"Don't," I muttered, pushing past Jessie and Luke to the bathroom. I shut and locked the door, falling to my knees and hurled stomach acid and sexual frustration.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

439K 11K 47
"why do you let her call you that?" "why wouldn't i have my little girl call me daddy?" Started: September 14, 2015 Editing Completed: April 03, 2023...
538 30 17
This is a depressing fanfiction about Ashton Irwin and an original female character. Hey, I'm Maya and this is my first time putting any of my writi...
358K 6.1K 59
"You're such a fuckboy." "Excuse you, I'm a man." *** WARNING: This book contains smut! COMPLETED
88.9K 2.5K 28
Melodie Leach. Depressed. Self-harmer. Suicidal. Everyone hates her, at least what she thinks. One night it went too far and she thought about ending...