Dedication

By quietandshylives

A group of girls that banded together for nothing more than fun find themselves in the whirlpool of hate and... More

Practice
International Views
Courage is Hidden
No Promises
Demands of The Masses
Growing Strong
Family Comes First
Laughter, Desire and Truth
International
For Our Girls
Arrival
One Last Time
Jealousy
Night Time Confessions
A Change of Heart
Idols Turned to Heros
Dance With Pride
Leader
Visuals
Manager?
Midnight Mysteries
Worry Free
Sands of Time
Final Goodbyes...
Home
Apart, Yet Forever Together
Sydney
Night Wings
Together At Last
ERROR : FUCKS NOT FOUND
Fuck Destiny, Fuck Fate
Final Showdown: Night Wings Reunited
Final Showdown: You're Not My Family
Sequel

Disbanding?

7 1 0
By quietandshylives

It's been about four months since the Aussie Brothers left. The girls were down for the first couple of weeks, Euca took it upon herself to search for a new sound and video master for the group. 

I knew why, she needed something, anything to keep her mind off of the guys departure. After she jumped out of the car without saying anything she just wasn't the same person. Her eyes were a pink hue and her hand was clasped tightly over a pendant that was wrapped around her neck. After that she was quiet, practicing alone and studying in the dark. This was how she processed things. Alone. 

The girls knew that and kept to themselves until their elder came back. Yet that still hasn't completely happened. It's really like we are missing a piece of this family we made here. Euca may be practicing with the group and smiling a little bit more than in that first week but it isn't the same. I hope that things continue to pick up because even the youngers are beginning to grow less patient about this. 

I sighed and walked out to the backyard for some fresh air. Today was the girls day of rest, no internet, no studying, no practice. Just resting. They needed one every few weeks, and Kyle was not about to allow that to happen. 

Stretching out my arms I looked around and sighed soft at the small figure curled up on the patio. Walking down to her I kneeled down.

"Hey."

She peaked up at me and offered a soft smile," Hi..."

I nodded and sat next to her," Are you ok?"

She gave a shrug and buried her face back into her knees.

I licked my lips and nodded," Well, you are just bad at lying."

She scoffed and turned her head away.

I smiled lightly and poked her side, causing her to uncurl from her small ball and a small yelp escape.

"Talk to me." I smiled.

She sighed and leaned back on her arms," I'm just worried..."

I nodded and pulled a knee up to my chest," I know, just remember how hard it is for her. She has lost so many people already. Losing two at once like this might take longer to get over."

Josie's eyes were glossy as she stared up at the sky," I know..."

"Hey," I muttered, realizing that this was no time to joke around with her," Come on, don't do this to yourself."

Josie bit her lip and looked down, her bags apparent under the sun's rays.

I turned my body towards her," Look at me."

Hesitantly she complied and met my gaze.

"She loves you, we all love you J." I reached out and pulled her hair away from her face," Never forget that. I know that this is all a lot to handle right now but nothing will ever get in the way of the Night Wings."

A small smile appeared on her lips," Really...?"

"Yes, silly girl." I chuckled and tipped her chin up.

A spark of mischief glinted slight in her eyes," Do you really love me Duke?"

I froze and my heart slammed hard against my chest," A-ah..."

She began to laugh slightly at my reaction and hugged me," I'm kidding duffus."

I scoffed and hugged her back," Scaring me like that..."

Nuzzling slightly into my shoulder," I'm still worried about her... Losing Archer the way that she did. The necklace, the lack of video calls. It almost seems like she is breaking."

"I know J. I know... This is just how she works. She needs to break in order to come back. I know it's hard to watch but, it just needs to happen ok?" I muttered, pulling her into my lap to avoid hurting her or myself," It'll all be ok soon. I promise."

Josie nodded and sighed.

I could tell that a heavy burden was lifted from those two words. I chuckled softly and held her there for a few moments before we headed back inside with the others.

The atmosphere was still low but nonetheless it was lighter than it has been in a while. The girls were gathered, just laughing low with each other. Sharing small things. Joseph and I sat on the sidelines to let them be with each other. Although two members were missing, Angelica and Euca. They had been out on a run for a while now, in hopes to lift Euca's spirits a little bit more. So far the morning and afternoon runs have been helping take her mind off of everything.

It seemed like everything was going to be ok now.

"Man, it's been a while, seeing them like this." Joe sighed and leaned back.

I nodded and smiled," Slowly but surely, they are getting better."

"The heart is the most fragile thing, and therefore the hardest to heal." He muttered.

I rolled my eyes and shook my head," You know, that whole messing with my head thing needs to stop."

Joe laughed and shook his head as he crossed his arms," Not happening."

I smiled," Yeah, yeah..."

Joe grew quiet, so did the girls. This weight... something happened, and it isn't good. I sat forward, my breathing growing scarce as my senses began to peak.

The girls were silent and looking at each other, their eyes saying the same thing. What happened?

Josie looked at me, fear in her eyes.

All I could do was nod, to try and reassure her that everything was going to be ok.

Ale found herself edging away from the door, and towards Joseph and I. Josie following close after.

That's when it happened, Angie rushed in, her eyes wide and her chest rising and falling at an alarming rate.

"Something bad happened you guys. And... I can't find Euca."

"What?" We all breathed and stood.

Angie looked down and shook her head," We stopped for some water and she got a phone call. The next thing I knew... she was bolting in the opposite direction. I tried to catch up to her but... with her head start and whatever that phone call was. She was not stopping any time soon."

We all exchanged a look and nodded, each of us taking a different area. Joe and I taking our cars to search a bit further than the rest.

"Has anyone found her?" I asked as I drove around.

"No Duke, if we had we would have fucking said!" Angie snapped," Sorry... just... I'm the one who lost her..."

"Don't worry, we'll find her." I sighed," Snap at me all you want if it makes you feel better."

"Nothing on my end either."

"How far could she have gotten?"

I bit my lip and slammed my hands on the steering wheel," Dammit!"

"What?"

"The house, no one is covering the house!" I snapped.

Almost immediately, all five of us rushed back to the house.

"Euca!"

"언니!"

"What?!" A voice shouted back, it was strained and coarse.

We rushed up the stairs, panting and flustered we fell into her room.

She was packing a bag, her eyes red and irritated from crying. Biting her lip harsh as she frantically packed her bags.

"언니..."

"Euca, what...-"

"My brother... My... My little brother he... He got into a b-bad accident... Um... I... I've gotta..." She bantered, trying desperately to collect her thoughts.

Each younger, almost immediately was helping her calm down. Euca was trembling, her mind obviously in a complete and utter shambles.

"Breathe Euca, breathe."

"Easy."

"I've got the weighted blanket."

"I'll put on some tea."

I sighed and ran a hand through my hair and shook my head. What the hell was going on, it has been a while since she has broken down like this.

"Tell us what happened." Angie breathed.

Ale handed her a small mug, steaming off with tea.

Josie stood on the sidelines with Ale, watching as we tried to recollect the oldest member.

I bit my lip and leaned back against the dresser, I didn't know what I could do except to wait and watch. I felt a small bit of weight on the lower corner of my shirt, glancing down at the small hand that grasped desperately at it, I sighed and wrapped my arm around a shaken Josie. My eye catching Joseph doing the same with Ale.

Things were starting to fall apart and we couldn't seem to figure out what to do.

Euca finally seemed to collect her thoughts and spoke low," My brother... He got into a bad accident... They said that he might not be able to walk properly again..."

"Why do you have to go?" I sighed.

"My Nina and her husband work too much to take care of him fully... I need to go and take care of him for a while..." She explained, her voice still shaky.

A look was exchanged before anyone spoke up again.

"How long?" Josie asked soft.

Euca shrugged," I'm not sure..."

"How did it happen..?" Joseph asked timidly.

She clenched her jaw, sadness over-raged with anger," My Nina's husband put my brother into Football... The damn team came up with a stupid initiation and it almost got my brother killed."

I swallowed hard and nodded," Well... Let's call Kyle and see what we can do."

Euca nodded and relaxed a bit.

The rest of us gathered down stairs to wait for our manager to show up, after 15 minutes he had finally arrived.

"So she has to leave?" Kyle asked.

We all nodded slowly.

Leaning back he thought for a moment and smiled softly," We can do a temporary leave, it's a family emergency so, it applies more than one time over."

"Wait, so she will still be a part of us?" Ale asked, relieved.

Kyle nodded," Yeah, all we need to do is find a temporary replacement. It shouldn't be for too long, but you do need one more member to complete your contract."

The girls were relieved, all of them, including Euca. We helped her pack the rest of her bags and saw her off at the airport as we shuffled through a number of temp applicants, trying to find someone suited for the group.

...

Although it was a disbanding, it was only temporary. That put everyone's mind at ease, the only problem was what came next. The video call from the Aussie brothers that brought all the more pain to the group...

"Hey guys!"

"Hey!!"

"Man, how are you guys doing?" I laughed softly as I set up the camera.

"It's good to be home, but we miss you guys." Jayden sighed.

The girls gathered round as the camera feed finally went up.

"Hey idols!" Archer smiled.

They all smiled and said hi just as the new member came into the house. Her name was Cece, she wasn't so bad. She was a good dancer, just not too adjusted to the word - team - yet.

"Who is that?" Jayden asked.

Cece waved," Hi, I'm Cece. I'm the new member."

"New member. A dancer?" Archer asked, his eyes darting to each of the girls who grew anxious," Where... where is she?"

The girls looked away from the screen at the question.

"Duke?" Jayden pressed.

I cleared my throat and rubbed the back of my neck," She... She uh... L-left..."

"What?..."

"She moved out to North Carolina." Angie added, not looking at the screen.

"W... What for?" Archer breathed.

"Family, it wasn't exactly a choice. She wanted to... to say goodbye to you two again cuz... she wont exactly be in contact while she's away." Joseph coughed.

Everyone crumbled again, it had been about two weeks since we last talked to Euca. She was nursing her brother back to health and would be busy 24/7 as she tried to help him walk again. The conversation from there was dull and lifeless, only Cece was really energetic about the subject. Just making matters worse.

It was just temporary.

But this was going to feel like a lifetime...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

29.8K 1K 17
You: And I hate you for making my life difficult. Sehun: Love and hate are divided by a thin line. You won't even realize when did you cross it alrea...
25.4K 826 20
"the 8 boys were all a big friend group. they all got along, except for seungmin and minho. they always fought, teased each other, and just didn't ge...
588 7 41
Amidst an invasion by unknown forces, the Supreme Six and Twilight Triad of Hallyu suddenly disappear without a trace. The rest of the magical squads...
12.7K 212 57
if you like KPOP? go for it? sing along with them? just click the MEDIA at the side of each chapter's. ENJOY!!!