Infinite Stratos X Neglected...

By Karna-the-lancer

I say this for every book, but I own nothing. More

Chapter 1: New Arrival
Chapter 2: The Dead Soldier
Chapter 3: The bet
Chapter 4: The prototype
Chapter 5: A Sniper, A Sword, And A Soldier
Chapter 6: Family, Pride, and...
Chapter 7: Even Until His Final Breath
Chapter 8: Two New Addition
Chapter 10: A...Minor Change
Chapter 11: A Time to Relax
Chapter 12: New Homes Are Cold
Chapter 13: Recommendation...Seraph!
Chapter 14: Echoing Bells
Chapter 15: A day Off
Chapter 16: New Students
Chapter 17: Airport Pickup
Chapter 18: Germany's Respect
Chapter 19: Confrontation
Chapter 20: Seven Attempts, Eight Losses
Chapter 21: Stars Align
Chapter 22: A Culprit
Chapter 23: From Bad to Worse
Chapter 24: Sharp Experiences

Chapter 9: Another Problem

14.4K 258 122
By Karna-the-lancer

3rd POV

"W-what are you doing in my room?!" she yelled as she nearly activated her I.S but was unable to. Within the time that she was thinking about doing so, a single sound made her stop.

CLICK

Something hard was pressed up against her forehead. She shivered from it, but it wasn't from the cold.

The hammer of a pistol clicked back into place as the cold steel was pressed gently against her forehead.

He had a gun, and he was ready to fire.

There was only silence. Her eyes were trembling as she stared at his remaining one. The colour drained from her face and her legs also started to tremble in fear. She wasn't ready for something like this.

Pilots were trained to be able to face threats and other pilots to represent their countries but almost all of them were naive. They did this all with the idea that they were safe because they were in the I.S, that the match would stop and they'd be safe from harm after one's shield energy ran out or someone gave up.

But this was different. He had a weapon, he wasn't going to back down and would end her in a heartbeat if she stepped out of line. She wasn't in her I.S which meant that the bullet wouldn't be deflected by the absolute defense. She'd die.

There was something about him now. A suffocating feeling that made her voice get caught in her throat, not even able to give out a small whimper.

Much like Cecilia, when she looked at Yn, something was starting to form behind him. A manifestation of her fears, what she saw him as.

The illusion had already started to form. A pure white head that was missing one eye, the other only being a glowing ball of dark light that sucked in the other light around it and if looks could kill she'd be six feet under. Almost like the shadows had moved to cover its body and drape over it. A cloak. Finally, it's bony hands held a weapon, a long shaft that had a head with a long curve to one side, the edge of the blade upon her neck. Waiting.

She saw him as the reaper. Death was staring her right in the face.

She had been informed of him. The American soldier that won against both Cecilia and Ichika. The one that lacked emotions and made his decisions logically and followed orders like the ideal soldier.

He had made his name known in the underground, though she didn't know that. He was more dangerous than she believed, and she already thought of him as her death.

But that wasn't all. She had heard from her uncle in the Chinese army about a certain soldier in the west, however, she couldn't recall any of what he had told her. The fear of the situation making it impossible for her to do so.

...

But he only stood there, aiming, watching, waiting. He took no further action.

Is he going to...

With a small gulp of saliva, she contemplated why he had pulled out a gun, where he pulled it out from, and finally, why he wasn't firing?

But she remembered, he asked her a question. With nothing better to do or any other action to take, she decided to ask.

"T-this...This is my room. I want to know what you are doing here?" she tried to calm herself down, but the firearm was never removed from her forehead.

"Correction; This is my room, you have simply been assigned here, or at least that is what I have gathered from your statement."

His voice gave her the chills.

"Why...why do you have a gun pressed to my head?" she questioned.

"You were going to deploy your I.S. That is a clear violation of the rules imposed in this school," she flinched at that realization, "Furthermore, the use of an I.S in this small room would lead to severe injury or death, and the chaos might spread to other rooms to lead to the same conclusion depending on how much you were going to overreact. Therefore, with the threat of death in front of me, I determined that the use of deadly force to even the playing field would be appropriate," he made his point but continued despite the sight of her seeming defeated. "Finally, there is a possibility that you, as a transfer student and Representative contender were sent specifically to eliminate me. However, the order to preserve my own life has been activated as a precautionary measure."

She raised her hands in defeat, "I'm just here because it's my room...so please put the gun away," she was still nervous with the fact that he could end her at any moment.

"I cannot do that for the reasons given previously," he closed his eye for a moment, and she wondered why he would do that. She thought that he was thinking.

"It seems that you have not been assigned a permanent room. I shall offer a solution until you can,"

She relaxed a little when she no longer felt the metal against her skin. He moved back, but he was still aiming at her none the less.

Moving over to the bed that he had been sleeping on, he grabbed the suitcase that lay atop it.

"Wha...what are you doing?" She asked, but watched as he slung the large suitcase over his shoulder.

"You may stay here until assigned a new room, I shall find other accommodations," he made his way to the door, his aim ever unchanged.

"But what about your stuff?"

"I have everything here with me," she looked at the large suitcase he had picked up. She now understood that everything he had was still inside of it.

"Have a good night," with a blank goodbye, the door closed to the room, and the Chinese Representative's legs finally gave out, and she collapsed on the bed covered in sweat.

"The hells with that guy?"

She thought about him, this connection to Ichika. She had never met him. Yn had disappeared from the eyes of the world, or rather, the few pairs that actually noticed him, six years beforehand.

She had moved into the same town as Ichika within those six years, so she had never met him.

From what she was told by military and governmental means, he was a perfect soldier. But what she had heard from Ichika all those years back, he was nothing of the sorts.

"Ichika often talked about him...but he isn't..."

Yn's POV

As I waited in the classroom for everyone to arrive, I looked out the window again. It was a nice day. The sun was shining so brightly.

There were few clouds in the sky, the temperature was quite nice as well. It was no problem to spend the night out. I prefer it, it is much more relaxing than staying trapped in a small room where several people know of my location as well as having a way to enter without trouble. Plus there could be bugs and camera's that I am not able to detect placed around the room.

Everyone started to pour into the classroom and I greeted them when they did to me. They eventually started to talk about the upcoming class league matches where I would be facing off against the class representatives of the other classes in one-on-one matches.

With the addition of Kuro and the others, class from one through four will have a personal I.S since China's Representative Contender has now taken the position of the class representative. However, by the conversation of my classmates, it seems that they are unaware since one has just stated that;

"The only classes to have personal I.S' are class one, three, and four. But I heard that class two  has gotten a new transfer student and class three got a new teacher."

What was that phrase that they all used to say when they talked about me?

Speak of the devil and he shall appear?

Yep! That was the one~

"Some of your information is outdated! Class two also has a personal I.S, so it isn't going to be as easy to win anymore!"

Of course, she had to come and announce herself in front of the class. It is one tactic to take to scare your enemy, or by some sort of honor. However, waiting for the right moment to strike by leading them with the hope that class two wouldn't have a personal I.S would have made for a better tactic.

"Wait...Rin? Is that you?!" Ichika stood up in a hurry. They did meet if I recall correctly. Though she stood as if being proud of her entrance and even pointing a finger at everyone in our classroom, scanning each of them to size them all up.

"That's right! I've come here to...declare...war..."

Trailing off when our gazes met, she appeared to be recalling last night. Her vision was then directed at my eyepatch. With widening eyes, she seems to know of me.

"Uh..but you're..."

At this point the class was already looking between Rin and Myself, the most surprised of them all would be Ichika and Houki.

"Wait! You know him?" Ichika asked. He almost seemed delighted and laughed happily. However, Houki was the one to notice at how the transfer student's arm dropped while she shook lightly, muttering about one thing.

"...The Ghost..."

Houki blinked a few times before redirecting her attention to me for a split second, curious as to why China's Representative was acting in such a way and why my Callsign had come up once more.

"...The Ghost is...a student...?"

She seemed out of it. What kind of pilot was she supposed to be? Getting this shocked and flustered over the appearance of a person is a clear sign that her mental state is quite weak. Perhaps it is the situation with her family that is causing it?

Without notice, my abdomen and upper chest started to burn. It was a familiar sensation, that feeling of being impaled with the warmth of blood coursing down my limbs to make me feel the difference in temperature as my body gets colder and colder from the loss of blood.

...There is a problem...

I already know. It appears that she has arrived earlier than expected.

"YN! I FOUND YOU!"

Kicking off the ground, I sent myself into the air, just in time to dodge the arms of the culprit that had shoved Rin out of the way and closed the distance in an instant.

Giggling and laughing followed as she jumped after me, but I pushed myself off of the ceiling to regain the distance that I once had, but of course, she followed after me.

"Come on! I thought you might like the exercise," her cheerful voice was contradicting her intentions...depending on her intentions.

The second I landed, I grabbed a chair from one of the desks, spinning myself quickly to throw it with a substantial amount of force, but as I predicted it was cut in half with ease, and I could get a clear view of her.

Her long knife made its way toward me. So I did the logical option when taking into account the surroundings, other students, her skills, her weapon and what I had available. I countered with a knife of my own.

Both of our blades created sparks with every clash, followed by her giggling as her moves started to become harder to predict, using her flexibility and the objects around her to boost her range and speed, add that onto her technique and it became difficult to go at it alone with the limitations in place.

"Aren't you even going to greet me? Didn't you miss me at all?" she asked.

It started off with movements of our arms. The punches ad slashes being dodged, blocked, and redirected. Though we both started using feints, switching our grips on the knives from normal to reverse, and even dropping the knife while in a deadlock to switch to the other hand and continue the assault.

"Ah. I apologize. How was your trip here?" I asked as her dance-like fighting became even more intense with my question. It appears that she is feeling even more joy now.

"It was quite nice, to be honest. Though it was lonely at the base without you, Kaede or Kuro there. You meanies left before me. You need to make it up to me!" she said with puffed cheeks in a pout.

In our fight, we were attempting to disarm the other of the others knife, but it was more complex than that. We were both careful of the other limbs, even if they have a weapon it doesn't mean that they're going to attack with it. So that's how we integrated spins, turns and objects into the mix along with kicks, elbows, and punches.

"How would you like to be repaid?" I asked, "I can prepare something for you if you wish? However, I will need the details to ensure that it fits your description and standards to the best possible degree."

Feint after feint the countless blurs of attacks at each other continued. Soon enough our blades were going to get dull even though both were of the highest quality, made through the technology and techniques of today's best engineers, designers and machines.

I'll need to apologize to them again.

"Hmm? I want one of your massages! The usual please!"

We were lucky that the desk she had just smashed to pieces with an ax kick that was barely dodged was unoccupied in the classroom. No one sits there so it should be fine that it was destroyed, right?

"That is acceptable," I said as I just barely missed her face. She had dodged with minimal movement to leave an opening in my defense. Bringing her knife up vertically, she aimed to pierce under my chin, forcing me to lean back as much as possible to

"Got you!" she exclaimed in glee as she tackled me to the ground.

I expected her to continue, but she simply stayed there, snuggling into me as she practically straddled me.

She never changes

"Are you satisfied?"

She nodded serval times as she smiled warmly at me.

"I really missed you, you know?"

"You were informed that you would see me again soon, why would you miss me that much? I don't understand, please give details on the reason. You were able to go one year without me."

She pouted cutely once more and lightly hit my chest a few times.

"Dummy. We were forced away from you at that time. Neither Kuro or I had seen you for that entire year, we were worried sick, but..." she started to giggle once more, a faint blush adorning her cheeks, "You got even better in combat. You made my heart throb even more after it all."

She leaned down and started to whisper gently, "Kaede, Kuro, Tabane, all of them. They can do whatever they want, but I'll always be right next to your heart."

"Ahem!"

Clearing her throat, Cecilia looked down at the two of us with frustration and confusion.

"Would you two mind explaining what just transpired?"

Both of us blinked a few times and glanced at the others before looking up at the blonde British girl. We both seemed to understand, so I introduced her.

"This is Kirin. She has just transferred here, she will be in class three," I stated simply, and she waved at everyone, but they seemed unsatisfied with my answer for some reason.

"That isn't what I meant!" Cecilia yelled, "I want to know why you both just started fighting all of a sudden?!"

Again, both Kirin and I were confused. However, she beat me to the punch.

"This is how we always greet each other when we are coming back from or meet on a mission. Why? Is there something wrong with it? I thought soldiers everywhere did such things?" She looked over at me for an answer as well.

"They have difference standards and ways of it here. However, you should consider everyone in this academy Privates. A soldier in training if you will."

As if something had clicked, Kirin nodded once again.

...I leave this one to you!

I felt Kirin suddenly flinch. She trembled slightly as a cold sweat covered her from head to toe. I wondered what it was until I started to stand up, picking up Kirin at the same time to see what she was...gazing...at

...

Oh no.

At the door, I could easily make out a clearly angry Kaede. It was like there was a raging demon of fire that covered her like some kind of aura. She was just that angry. And that means...

"...You're both dead!" Those few words made Kirin whimper with tears in the corners of her eyes. It appears that it is going to be a long day.

He was in that hell for three years. Kuro was in it for two thanks to him. But Kirin...she had been in there as long as she could remember. Without any family or friends, no one to teach her right and wrong or what to enjoy, she found those fights to be her entire world! And Yn...he was the very first one to ever protect her. I can't blame her for seeing him in such a dazzling light, but seriously! These kids! They're going to be the end of me!

-Kaede

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.5K 237 29
As usual, there are like no completed µ's fics. Fine, I'll do it myself. (IT IS NOT CANCELLED I AM JUST VERY INCONSISTENT. IT WILL NEVER BE CANCELLED)
165K 2.8K 27
your ichika orimura's Identical twin brother, you were in the basement of your house making a suit that will help you in your future. #1 in is 6/11/2...
57.1K 961 30
just tratie oneshots because I am bored I DO NOT OWN ANY OF THE CHARACTERS ONLY THE ONESHOTS!!!!!
298K 2.5K 24
I don't own any of the characters is this book, just putting that out there... All requests for chapters are CLOSEDDDD I started this book in 2018 so...