Wannabe // NCT College AU

By Svnwoo

"You're a wannabe me." Nct college AU! Warning: college life, kinda nsfw at times, alcohol, weed, etc :) More

01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
23
24
25
25.5
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
66.5
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75

22

1.1K 58 8
By Svnwoo

Hyunjae and Yuta laughed as they exited the theater together.

"Why are you laughing it was a good movie," Yuta chuckled throwing away the empty popcorn bucket they had shared.

"Dude it was so bad," she said, "I thought you said it was a romance movie."

"In my defense that's what the trailer said," he said with another laugh.

The pair had been laughing nonstop in the theatre during the movie which was supposed to be romance but turned into some super cliche and comedic rom-com.

"I'm pretty sure if the movie hadn't ended so soon they would have kicked us out," Yuta said as they walked towards the light.

"Oh definitely. Did you at least understand most of it for the assignment?" She asked sipping the last of her soda before throwing it away.

"Yeah for the most part," He laughed. "If not I'll watch some random english movie on netflix with Sicheng."

"Speaking of Sicheng I didn't know you were friends with him. He so adorable and cute," Hyunjae gleamed.

It amazed her that Sicheng and Yuta were friends, but once again, opposites attract.

"Sicheng cute? Please I'm cuter," He smiled shooting her a heart.

Hyunjae couldn't help but laugh at his actions, yeah he was cute too.

"I know, but like Sicheng in a beret is super cute," She added while they crossed they made it back to campus, "How did you two even become friends?"

"We met through a foreign exchange student program in highschool and what can I say, we instantly clicked. I'm the outgoing friend and he's more like the calm friend. But just like me he has his moments."

"I remember he came in with Jaehyun asking about underground clubs. I was so shocked," She admitted recalling the day.

He nodded, "I think you'd like him if you met and vice versa."

Hyunjae smiled, "I'd like to be friends with both of you to be honest. If he's anything like you I think he'd be a pretty cool dude."

Yuta thanked the gods above that the pathway they walked on was dark because he was positive he was blushing like a tomato. He wasn't used to compliments like that, not only that, but Hyunjae of all people called him cool.

"I'll introduce you to him officially sometime," He smiled as they got to her dorm building.

"I look forward to it. Also we should do this again or like have another painting session cause that was really super fun," She chuckled.

She didn't realize she was talking kind of fast which only happened when she got nervous. Why wouldn't she be nervous Yuta is giving her the biggest, prettiest smile he could manage. It was cute, too cute.

"I'm so down!" He said excitedly, "I'll text you when I'm free. Maybe after my practice."

He was already planning everything in his head. The time, the day, the playlist. He was being super extra about everything but he didn't care.

Hyunjae nodded excitedly, "Sounds like a plan now go do your homework wannabe jock."

He laughed, "Yeah yeah wannabe e-kid."

She scoffed before sticking her tongue out. He waved and walked across to the other dorm building. Hyunjae entered the building and made her way to the elevator with the most love struck smile. The elevator doors were about to shut but another person entered. She was surprised to see the somewhat familiar face. Jaehyun. He was talking on the phone when he stepped in.

"Yeah I have the whole script ready for Night Night. I'll be there in a few, but are you sure you're not busy?" He asked concerned.

She didn't mean to ease drop, but they were in an elevator and it was dead silent, aside from him speaking. It was kind of the only thing she could listen to. The elevator got to her floor and to her surprise once more they both stepped out. She shrugged it off and headed to her dorm to finish working on some sketches.

not cool kidz club

kunhang
yoooo
guys let's go do somethings
IM DYING

Jae
define something
cause you usually have some crazy ass idea

irene
she's got a point

kunhang
lit rally anything
let's go eat for all i care
I'm just b o r e d

yongie
I have to take a raincheck :(

johnathan
of course you do

yerim
hmm inch resting

kunhang
ENOUGH ABOUT HIM
So can we go do something??

Jae
I don't see why not....

yerim
Sorry but i have a paper due at midnight :(

Irene
and guess who's lucky ass is helping her

Jae
.... you?

Irene
sadly so

Johnny
I'd go but I have to dj tonight :(
But if you wanna come to the club you can :D

Kunhang
I'll consider your offer Johnny

Yongie
Wait jae weren't you out earlier

Jae
Yes
Your point 👀

Kunhang
Wow jae you've been spending a lot of money

Jae
Well I sell and make clothes for a reason 🤡
I gotta get my coin somehow djdjdjd

Kunhang
Points were made
Omg wait that means
It's just you and me jae
CHANGE OF PLANS MEET ME AT MY DORM
ASAP

Jae
Uhh I don't like where this is going
🥴

Yongie
Me neither
Kunhang you're so ominous
It's lit rally scary

Johnathan
Yong why are you still in the chat
Aren't you leaving soon???

Yongie
Yes and???

Kunhang
No worries I'll kick him out

Irene
💀💀

Yongie
Wait don't!
I'm leaving alright djdj

Kunhang
JAE Come to my dorm! ASAP
AS SOON AS POSSIBLE

Jae
Alright 💀
I'm putting on my jacket chill out

Hyunjae headed off towards Kunhang's dorm wondering what he had in store this time. He was truly a wild card and you never knew what he'd have planned. The air was nice and refreshing compared to earlier when it was a bit warmer. She knocked on Kunhang's door to see a tall male who was definitely not Kunhang.

"Uh did I get the wrong dorm?" She asked wide-eyed.

The stranger was confused too, he had never seen this girl... wait. He has seen this girl. The girl that Yuta always talked about, but what was she doing here? Was she lost?

"Uh maybe?" He asked unsure of how to answer her.

"Is Kunhang here?" She asked him playing with the rings on her hand.

"OH you're friends with Kunhang?" He asked surprised. "Yeah he said he was getting ready to go out. You can wait in the living room. I'm Yukhei by the way."

"Hi, I'm Hyunjae. Kunhang's less annoying friend," She said stepping into the living room.

You would think that Hyunjae would have met Kunhang's roommate by now, but truth is nobody ever goes to Kunhang's dorm. Everyone usually meets at the girls' dorm.

"Make yourself at home. I'll be in my room if you need anything," He says waving.

"Thanks," Hyunjae says sitting on the couch while scrolling through her phone.

Finally the door to Kunhang's room opens and he steps out, flexing his clothes like he usually does.

"You're here?" He asked wide-eyed.

"Well you said to come as soon as possible, stupid," She groaned standing up.

"I didn't think you'd actually come," He laughed.

Hyunjae rolled her eyes playfully punching him, "Stupid. You sounded eager dumbass. Anyway what's the plan cause as usual you gave me no info whatsoever."

"Don't worry jae," He chuckled, "I've got something new planned. Just trust me."

And so she followed Kunhang block after block, alley after alley only to end up at an arcade. Which was a big surprise considering this was Kunhang the party animal.

"An arcade?" Hyunjae asked looking up at the pretty neon sign.

"Not just any arcade. Don't tell me you don't remember?" He said a bit sad.

Hyunjae raised a brow. She hadn't been to an arcade since she was in high school. Even then she only went like twice with him. It was like a million memories came flooding back all at once. She knew exactly where they were.

"No way. Is this the arcade we always came to in high school?" She asked.

In all honestly she assumed the place would have closed down by now.

"Mhm, you can practically smell the teen years," He said taking a big whiff.

"Weed and sorrow?" Hyunjae asked with a laugh.

"Spot on. Now let's go!" He said practically dragging her with him.

The duo entered the arcade exchanging some of their bills for coins to play on the machines. Hyunjae's favorites are the racing games while Kunhang enjoys the skee-ball games.

"What's with you and racing?" Kunhang asks as she immediately makes her way to the race car game.

"Why are you acting like you don't know?" She asked him as she took a seat on the chair. She inserted the coin and chose her car immediately.

"It's not the same though," Kunhang said materofactly.

"It's the closest thing I have," She shrugged, "Are you gonna join? Or are you afraid of losing to me again?"

"You're on."

The pair raced and surprise surprise Hyunjae did end up winning like she always did. Of course Kunhang then beat her at skee-ball but Hyunjae explained that Skee-ball wasn't even a competitive game it was more like a chance of luck. Of course Kunhang didn't care and he was still gloating about it. Now they were in one of the cramped photobooths trying to decide on what design they wanted for the photostrip.

"Come on you can't tell me this neon one doesn't slap," Kunhang argued.

Hyunjae shook her head, "The fire one is way better Kunhang and you know it."

"Ok if I let you choose that one you have to answer my question seriously," He said.

Hyunjae shrugged agreeing. Kunhang practically knew everything about her. What could he possible ask that would shock her? They took a few pictures but right before the last one Kunhang spoke up.

"You like the soccer player don't you?"

And at that moment the camera flashed catching Hyunjae go pale and her eyes in shock at what Kunhang had just asked her. While Kunhang smiled holding up the peace sign.

Hyunjae didn't know how to respond, it was like her brain literally fried. What the fuck was she supposed to answer? Did she like him? Well he is freaking cute, and super nice, plus he has good taste in music. And his laugh, oh god his laugh. For some reason it felt like a wave of emotions washed over her. She didn't want to like him, not because she didn't wanna be with him, but because her relationships always went to shit.

"I-I don't know. I don't wanna like him," She spoke to Kunhang who was really surprised by her answer.

"Wait what?" He asked confused.

"Kunhang you know what my relationships were like. What's to say this one won't end the same? God he's so nice I'd just be a shitty influence."

He groaned, "Jae you can't be serious, your relationships failed because, no offense, but you have shitty taste in guys. I don't even know this guy but I'm a hundred percent sure he's better than s-"

He stopped himself as he saw how Hyunjae looked like she was about to cry.

"Jae," He said softly.

Even though she seemed to be closest to Taeyong, that wasn't the case. Kunhang was the one she told everything to. When he had to leave it hit her hard. She wouldn't talk to anyone for days on end and that was when she ended up with her shitty boyfriends. Of course she never blamed him because it was her own fault. She had to find a better way to cope.

She took a deep breath and let it out.

"I'm okay. Just confused."

He sighed knowing she wanted to cry. She really wanted to cry but of course she shoved those feelings back down.

"Sorry I didn't mean to get you all emotional I just thought you'd react differently. Cause this guy, whoever he is, seems like a great guy if he can make you laugh and genuinely smile. Just think about it Jae," he said seriously.

She nodded really listening to his words, "I will but right now all I can think about is food. Wanna try something you've never tried before?"

Now Kunhang was the one that was scared.

hyunjaes

liked by heresjohnny, notkunhang, iamyeri and 560 others
Hyunjaes took Kunhang to one of my favorite spots and he was not disappointed! A win for me heheh
View all comments
iamyeri nO fair :(
Notkunhang You were busy yeri
Heresjohnny What the fuck I want to go to :(
Hyunjaes you missed out friend
Notkunhang best day ever <3
Iamyeri NO BECAUSE I WASNT THERE
baeirene give it a rest yeri
Iamyeri NEVER
heresjohnny she has officially lost it

notkunhang

Liked by hyunjaes, iamyeri, huangxuxi, and 890 others
notkunhang the amount of love I have for this loser 😔💓
view all comments
hyunjaes I still hate you but 💓 I guess
Iamyeri fuk off kunhang
heresjohnny bro why don't you ever 💓me :(
Hyunjaes cause you're not me duhhhh
heresjohnny feeling heartbroken smh I am big sad
notkunhang bro aren't you doing night night rn?? GET OFF YOUR PHONE
heresjohnny fineeee
huangxuxi so when's the wedding???
notkunhang bro the wedding passed already whatchu mean
huangxuxi tuff 😔 no invite
Notkunhang I didn't know you at the time bro 😔
hyunjaes .... kunhang... STFU

-
A/N 😌 finally an update I'm happy with. Enjoy!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

I'm Sorry By Mo

Fanfiction

22.5K 940 34
I'm writing this bc a gc on Instagram told me
20K 717 23
"you don't need me like i need you. pray that i won't be alone." HAECHAN fanfic COLLEGE au started: 11.15.2020 ended: 01.04.2021 published: 12.13.202...
203K 14.1K 27
"it's a shame we're not soulmates" "dude, this is not some soulmate au shit, stop being like this" please do not read this if you're below 13.
25.5K 1.2K 17
โi forgot they were sleeping over tonight, go hide!โž ยฉ hnymooon, 2020. ยป lowercase; english ยป completed [started : 09/01/20] [ended : 11/29...