= Living in infamy = (Infamou...

By Cosmic_Nobody

In a world where 80% of the population has genetic powers or mutations called "quirks", it rare but not impos... More

(Y/N)'s Bio
Chapter 1: Unwanted, yet needed
Chapter 2: Welcome home, (Y/N).
Chapter 3: Oh boy, entrance exams...yay.
A Note From Cosmic_Nobody.
Chapter 4: In Class 1-A, Where all your dreams come true! (Not really.)
Chapter 5: Combat training and wombat maiming
Chapter 5.5: Where There's Smoke...
Chapter 6: Light 'Em Up
Chapter 7: Ghost of Criminals past
(Y/N)'s Bio: Now with 100% more Eyes glow memes!
Chapter 8: Recovery and Experimentaion
Chapter 8.5: Go Fetch
Chapter 9: A Weight off Your Chest
Chapter 10: The UA Sports Festival! (Yay.)
Chapter 11: Lots of pain, and...well, that's it.
Chapter 13: You're Hot Then You're Cold, You're Yes Then You're No...
Chapter 14: Date With The Nerd
Chapter 14.5: The Calm...
Chapter 15: The Name Game
Psssst. Hey.
Chapter 16: Painful Painful Training
Chapter 17: You Can't Save Everyone
Chapter 17.5: ...Before the storm
Chapter 18: Investigation
Chapter 19: Final Exams
Chapter 20: Summer Camp
Chapter 21: Brothers in Arms
Chapter 22: Let The Sparks Fly
(Y/N)'s Bio 3: Zip-Zapping Jubilee
Chapter 23: The Taken King
Chapter 24: The End Of An Era
I was tagged for a thing by a guy.
Chapter 25: A Moment of Peace
Chapter 26: He Who Dwells
Chapter 27: Ultimate moves
Chapter 28: Face to Face
Chapter 29: Deep Dark
Chapter 30: Homesick
Chapter 31: Old "Friends"
Chapter 32: The Escapee of Curdun Cay
Chapter 33: Prayer of the Refugee
Chapter 34: What We Leave Behind
Chapter 35: Come As You Are

Chapter 12: Explosions, Explosions, and More Explosions

4.3K 116 81
By Cosmic_Nobody

What if bees weren't dying out, but instead hiding and organizing themselves to declare war on humanity?
————————————————————

(Y/N) POV

Izumi broke like...all of her bones again. On the bright side, todoroki used her left side, so that's...probably really really bad for me. I mean, when it comes to her ice, I could've just blasted it apart, but fire? I have nothing for that. Sure, I can superheat my chain and fire embers, but compared to that inferno she used...

Then again, I'm talking like I'm the one who'll be fighting her. I still have to get past Bakugo, and...Well, this is different than the other times she just gave me a passing 'fuck you' attack, or was just throwing a fit. This time she's...well, she's out to prove something (because clearly she doesn't do that already).

???: "(Y/N)."

Oh, goody. Another voice I'd rather not hear ever again. At least this time I know it's someone who won't try to attack me.

(Y/N): "Endeavor."

Oh joy, I was right.

Endeavor: "You have a Smoke quirk, I knew that already, But now you have another, seemingly more powerful quirk. How?"

(Y/N): "like I'd tell you, old man. Look, I can already tell the way this conversation will be like just by how your voice is. You placing a bet on me being able to defeat Bakugo so I face Todoroki. Then, you want to see which duel-quirk wielder is stronger."

Endeavor: "Indeed."

(Y/N): "I'm almost tempted to throw the match against Bakugo just to spite you, but let me tell you something, matchstick. Even if I do win. Even if I do defeat your daughter, I'm not gonna apprentice under you after this is over. I made it this far without any formal training, and you know what I can do already."

Endeavor: "Ungrateful little...Why squander your potential?!"

(Y/N): "And you wonder why All Might is the top hero, and not you. You think too highly of yourself and your ways. Hell, I've barely talked to Todoroki and I can already see how much she despises you. Not that I can blame her."

Initiate 'walking away like a badass from the conversation' protocol!

Endeavor: "Don't you walk away from me!"

He tries to grab my shoulder, but I turn that part of my body to smoke before he can, and he misses his grab. Turning the corner, I jump up into a vent and travel to...wherever Endeavor isn't. Hopefully I don't end up in an awkward situation.

(Y/N): "Man, I hate that guy..."

Todoroki: "Hello."

...I ended up in Todoroki's room.

(Y/N): "...Hey."

Todoroki: "Why are you Here?"

(Y/N): "Because your dad's an asshole and wants to see which one of us is stronger, since both of us have two quirks."

Todoroki: "So you've come here to challenge me?"

(Y/N): "Nah. I just wanted to get away from him, I'm sure you understand. Besides, you can use both your quirks at the same time. I can't."

Walking to the door, I stop, and look back to her.

(Y/N): "By the way, about your fight with Izumi..."

That seems to have caught her attention.

(Y/N): "...Are you planning to use your fire against your next opponent?"

Todoroki: "...I don't know."

(Y/N): "Well, I can't speak for Bakugo, but if you and I end up facing each other, I'm not gonna pressure you. In the end, it's your decision. 'Sides, it's not like it's a bad quirk."

She stands up, and freezes the door when I reach for the handle. I think she took what I just said the wrong way, judging by her eyes.

Todoroki: "What do you mean by that?"

(Y/N): "You misunderstand. Endeavor is...Well, He's not a hero, not a real one at least. Honestly, I'm pretty sure the only reason he is in the profession is because of the money and/or an inferiority complex. Or both. But that fire power...his fire is his. He makes it, he controls it, and he uses it. Your fire is yours. You make it, you control it, and you use it.

I use a cinder blast to blast the ice covering the door apart, and re-initiate 'walking away like a badass' protocols, which is totally the thing leaving her speechless right now. Yeah. Me walking.

(Y/N): "Anyway, it doesn't much matter to me. In the end, it's all your decision."

With that, I leave, and head back out towards the arena to wait for Bakugo. Knowing her,  she's just itching to try and kill me.

—————
Meanwhile, in Bakugo's room:

Bakugo: 'why can't I stop thinking about (Y/N)?! WHY WON'T THAT FUCKING BASTARD GET OUT OF MY HEAD?!'

"Because you love him."

Bakugo: "What the-WHO'S THERE?!"

"Oh shit-"
—————

Before I go and fight Bakugo, I've got to make a stop in the infirmary. Opening the door carefully, I see Izumi one of her arms in a cast, the other with all bandaged up.

(Y/N): "Hey...We match."

I say while holding up my own bandaged arms. She smiles at me, but doesn't get up. Recovery girl would probably hit her with that syringe cane thing if she did.

(Y/N): "Your fight with Todoroki left you in pretty bad shape..."

Izumi: "I know, but I had to help her! She-"

(Y/N): "I know, I know. And I'm proud of you for it. You really are a hero."

And I don't say that lightly.

Izumi: "Thank you, but what are you doing here? Your fights about to start!"

(Y/N): "I actually needed to ask you something. Well, two somethings."

Izumi: "What?"

(Y/N): "One, Do you think you'll still be able to go on our date. If not, that is completely fine. I wouldn't want to jeopardize your recovery from... Well, you know."

Izumi: "I can! I promise!"

(Y/N): "If you saw so, and Two-"

I take off my beanie, and put it on her head.

...

God damn it that it's the cutest thing. Now I know why Boyfriends let Girlfriends wear their jackets.

(Y/N): "-Hold on to that for me, Would you? I don't want it to get ruined during my fight with Bakugo."

Izumi: "Of course."

Giving her another smile, a walk out of the infirmary. I am...Well to be honest, I'm kinda scared. I mean, Bakugo is a spooky scary, and...yeah, I'm fucked aren't I?

She's already in the arena, so that's a yes.

(Y/N): "Looks like you'll be able to pay me back for stopping you multiple times."

Bakugo: "I'm gonna kill you, You bastard!"

(Y/N): "At least come up with a new insult before you try."

This was a nice conversation. Welp, time to fight to the fucking death.

Midnight: "And...FIGHT!"

Unraveling my chain, I start to spin it around in anticipation for Bakugo's explosions. Instead, she rockets towards me, and forces me to dodge out of the way by trying to ram into me instead of shooting at me.

Bakugo: "HOLD STILL!"

Landing on and Sliding across the concrete, she fires an explosion at me before my feet even hit the floor, I get blown back across the ring, almost out of it in fact, but I manage to turn myself around with a smoke dash.

Before I can recover, she's already flying toward me again, but I Smoke dash towards her, meeting her in the middle of the ring. Maybe this wasn't the smartest decision, since she already has a one hand glowing and pointed at my face.

Thinking fast, I shove a palm at her face, and blast her with a Cinder blast while explodes my face, each of us getting blown back by the combined forces of our attacks.

Doing a backflip to avoid fall damage, I absorb the smoke cloud left behind, and wrap my arm back up in my chain. Taking the opportunity to use my range advantage, I shoot a barrage of smoke shots at her, like I did with the slime villain so long ago, and she rockets upward to dodge them.

(Y/N): "YOU'RE NOT GETTING AWAY THAT EASY!"

I fly up after her, but pass her, flying higher and high in smoke form. Re-materializing, I use a cinder blast to push myself back down towards her, raining smoke shots so that she can't move while in the air.

Just as I'm face to face with her, I turn back to smoke, passing by her, and grabbing her by the leg and arm to drag her down with me. She tries to blow me off with explosions, but I manage to take her out of the air, and slam her down onto the concrete, leaving a crack in the arena.

Bakugo: "I...WON'T...LOSE TO YOU!"

She blasts me in the face with another explosion, causing me to fall back. Damn...she even drew a some blood on that one.

Bakugo: "You're...nothing! NOTHING!"

Just like that, she's back on the offensive, setting off explosions while trying to ram into and/or punch me. Though, I think she forgot about something.

Letting her land an explosion on my chest, I get blown back, giving me some distance. Superheating my chain wrapped arm, and punch the ground beneath me, letting of a burst of smoke, but when said cloud dissipates...I'm gone.

Bakugo shoots off explosions both in front of and behind her, Incase I was going for a sneak attack. Both attacks don't hit anything. She looks around, almost panicking by my sudden disappearance in the middle of our fight.

Bakugo: "COME BACK HERE, YOU COWA-GAH!!"

Her sentence is cut off by a chain wrapping around her arms like a bola from above. Looking up, she sees me rocketing down, just like I did back at the USJ.

(Y/N): "ORBITAL-"

"DROP!!"

She tries to dodge using an explosion to propel herself out of the way, but she's too late, and I hit her dead-on with the full force of a howitzer round (overexaggerating, of course), smoke blasting outward and chunks of the arena flying off.

When the smoke covering us dissipates, It reveals a panting me, and an almost unconscious Bakugo, who's face I have pinned down in my hands.

Bakugo: "No...I can't...Can't lose to...To you..!"

She tries and tries, but she faints from having taken such a powerful hit, and I roll over next to her. Weakly, I hold my fist up in the air, and the crowd erupts with cheers. Midnight walks up to us, and crouches down next to me.

(Y/N): "Oh...Hey...Midnight..."

Midnight then stands, and hold a hand up.

Midnight: "KATSUMI BAKUGO HAS BEEN KNOCKED UNCONSCIOUS! (Y/N) ROWE WINS!"

The crowd roars with even more enthusiasm, and I smile, before fainting myself.

That was...painful. I also think I'm bleeding out my forehead again.

—————
"Weird that you only used your smoke absorption skill once."

(Y/N): "You're the one writing this. Hell, you control everything in this, even me."

"True."
—————

After getting healed by Recovery girl and getting some new bandages, I spend the rest of the break with Izumi in the infirmary, telling her stories of my adventures of vigilantism while she listens with awe.

(Y/N): "-And then, just as I was about to be crushed under the concrete pillar, A missile made of lightning blows it apart, and in comes My Partner, swinging around on a freakin' lightning tether. Even now, I don't know how he was able to use his power like that!"

Izumi: "Then what'd you do?"

(Y/N): "I reach out, and get snatched up by him, and we land on a telephone pole. He hands me a chain from his bag, and says-"

I try my best to imitate Cole's voice.

'I'll take them down, you wrap them up'

(Y/N): "-and then the villain breaks the telephone pole, and I start to fall. My partner tries to grab me to swing me to safety, But he's too late. But as I'm getting closer and closer to the villain, I get an idea."

"What if I use a chain as a weapon?"

(Y/N): "So I wrap the chain around my fingers, pull back my arm, and Punch the villain square in the jaw! Even knocked a few of his teeth out, I think."

Izumi: "Wait...Incredible strength...Missing teeth...Destroyed a telephone pole...Was he wearing yellow armor?"

(Y/N): "...I shouldn't be surprised you know of them."

Izumi: "But the news said death arms was the one to bring him in!"

(Y/N): "He got the credit, since he was the one to actually bring him to the police. Me and my partner were the ones to actually fight him."

Izumi: "I see. Hey, you never said your partners name. What is it?"

The smile I was previously wearing faded slowly, and I frowned, looking away from Izumi for a few seconds.

(Y/N): "His...His name was Cole MacGrath. He was uh...He was my mentor and best friend."

Izumi: "If you don't mind me asking...What happened to him."

(Y/N): "..."

Izumi: "(Y/N)? I-It's okay if you don't want to tell me."

(Y/N): "No, No, it's...It's fine."

(Y/N): "What happened to Cole... He, uh...He went out like a true hero...Sacrificing himself for the greater good."

Izumi: "I'm...I'm sorry."

(Y/N): "What are you apologizing for? You didn't do anything wrong."

Izumi: "But I-"

I put a finger to her lips before she could say anything else.

(Y/N): "Shhhh. You didn't do anything wrong, let's just leave it as that."

Izumi: "I...Ok."

Getting up, I stretch my arms. Bakugo was strong, but she was at a disadvantage, having to be careful with her quirk use, but...Todoroki. She doesn't have that limitation.

(Y/N): "Hey, Izumi?"

Izumi: "Yes?"

(Y/N): "...Cheer for Todoroki when I face her. She needs it more than I do."

Damn, 3 'walking away like a badass' protocols today? Must be quite busy.

Besides...I got someone else I know'll be cheering for me, in Bakugo.

I know how hurt her pride must be after I beat her, so if I don't win, her pride'll just be hurting more.

Or she tries to stab me. But that's too subtle for her.
————————————————————

BAM, ANOTHER CHAPTER IN LESS THAN TWO DAYS.

I'M PUMPING THESE THINGS OUT BECAUSE I'M FEELING WEIRDLY MOTIVATED TO WRITE THESE THINGS.

HELL, I EVEN HAVE PLANS FOR ANOTHER HALF CHAPTER! THIS IS THE FIRST TIME I ACTUALLY HAVE AN IDEA OF THE FUTURE INSTEAD OF JUST SAYING "Fuck it" AND DOING WHATEVER.

CAPS LOCK!

K bye.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

37.2K 735 12
{My Hero Academia x Male Reader} In a world where superheroes and quirks reign supreme with 80% of the population achieving these incredible powers...
2.1M 101K 75
A germaphode with an extremely powerful quirk refuses to be a hero, which results in a family friend who works at UA to take her under his wing and t...
1.4K 18 9
*NEW VERSION BEING MADE!* Izuku midoriya. A kid who just wanted to be a hero. Unfortunately, nature must hate him. In this topsy turvy world, women a...
96.2K 654 11
my first story In a world were 80% of the population are born with powers called quirks the other 20% are powerless or quirkless. Our main character...