The Road to My Heart

By LovelyLoopyKari

The rule was simple, 1 bag for three months on the road. Taking a road trip with your friends seems like a go... More

To The Moon & Back
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty-Six

Chapter One

6.3K 188 14
By LovelyLoopyKari

Chapter One

______________

“Hurry your ass up, we haven’t got all day!” Alex called from outside while honking impatiently.

I ran out the screen door just as the sun broke over the trees, shining brightly in my eyes and I quickly pushed my sun glasses down.

“Lucy!” My mom rushed out onto the porch dressed in a pink bath robe and curlers still in her blonde hair. “You be good now.”

“Mom.” I whined picking up my bag off the porch ready to make a break for it.

“If you need anything, anything at all, just call,” She continued ignoring me, “and here.” she stuck out her hand.

“I-I don’t need that.” I told her as I stared at the cash in her hand.

“Good you haven’t left yet.” My dad came out of the house with his farm clothes on, ready to feed the animals.

“It’s for emergencies, please it will make me feel better.” My mom tried again. Alex honked signaling I needed to get going, “Please?”

I sighed pulling her into a hug, “Fine if it’ll make you feel better.” I smiled. I gave my dad a quick hug before I flew off the porch and ran as fast as I could to Alex’s red van.

I opened the side door throwing my bag in the seat, I turned around before getting in and waved at my parents who were holding each other. Watching as their only daughter left to  go halfway across the country.

“Lets go slow poke.” Justin laughed as I got in, shutting the door I kicked the back of his seat.

“Shut up.” I muttered as we drove back down my long gravel driveway.

“If you two are going to flirt the whole way you can get out now.” Alex growled.

“Dude relax,” Justin told him holding up his hands in surrender as my phone rang in my hand.

“Hey Syd.” I greeted my best friend excitedly.

“Where are you guys?” She asked annoyed. “My mom’s trying  to point out reasons why I should stay home this summer in hopes to make me change my mind.”

“Don’t worry we’re like two minutes from town with Alex’s crazy driving.” I laughed and Alex glared at me from the mirror.

“Ask her if Harry’s there, I only want to make one stop in town.” Alex told me as he slowed going into town.

“Is Harry with you?” I asked Sydney looking out the window at the tons of houses all lined up.

“Yeah he got here twenty minutes ago because I thought that was the time you were going to pick us up.”

“Alex just picked me up so chill a bit.” I laughed, “Okay well we’re here so bye.”

“See ya in a bit babe.” She laughed.

Just as I hit end call we pulled in front of her blue house. Harry came out first his blonde hair covering his eyes as he made his way to the car. I got up from my seat and moved further back in the van.

“About damn time man.” Harry greeted us as he climbed in, “Hey Lucy.”

“Hey where’s Syd?” I asked looking at her house.

“She’s having trouble,” He began just as she made her way thru the door, juggling her bags, “with her bags.” He laughed.

“Did someone forget to tell her that we were only allowed to pack one bag?” Justin laughed as we all watched her walk down the pathway, and Alex sighed loudly to show his frustration.

“I’ll help her.” I sighed climbing back out into the morning air, “need help?” I laughed running up to her.

She sighed setting down her bags and running her fingers through her chocolate brown hair, “I’m tired already.” She whined.

“Thats because you packed too much,” I told her picking up one of the bags, “What happened to the one bag rule?”

She stared at me in shock, her eyes wide, “Me? Only one bag?” She laughed, “No way in hell!”

“Okay but you have to carry it wherever we go.” I told her walking away.

“Wait!” She called but I laughed as I continued to walk, “So you’re not going to

help me?” I shook my head before climbing into the way back.

“Some friend you are.” She muttered.

“In case you haven’t noticed, I was the only one who helped you.”

“And I love you for it.” She laughed closing the door.

“Alright. Lets do this!” Harry fist pumped the air shooting me a sly smile. I blushed looking away from his bright green eyes.

Looking up I met Alex’s eyes in the mirror and he glared at me. I looked down as my phone rang yet again in my hand and the car pulled forward and off down the street.

A smile lighting up on my face as I saw the caller Id, Andy. “Hiya!” I said happily into the phone.

“Hey babe, did you guys already leave?”

“Um, we just left city limits.”

“Where?” he asked his voice shaky.

“The Hinely farm.” I told him noticing my surroundings.

“Tell my brother to pull over.”

“What? Why?” I asked worriedly.

“Luc, I need to see you.”

“Alex pull over!” I shouted and he swerved but corrected himself and gently pulled the car to the shoulder.

“Why? Is something wrong?” He asked worriedly.

I didn’t answer and climbed over Harry and jumped out onto the road.

“Are you fucking crazy?!” Alex shouted over the roar of passing cars as he followed me out. He pulled on my arm trying to get me back into the van with the help of Harry.

A silver car pulled up behind us and I shook off their hands as I ran into my boyfriends outstretched arms.

“I needed to see you before you left.” He cooed in my ear as he squeezed me tighter.

“I’ll miss you.” I whispered.

“Promise?”

“Promise.” I smiled up at him and he pressed his lips to mine before letting me go.

“You should go I don’t want to ruin your fun.”

“Your not.” I laughed as he took my hand leading me back to the van.

“But I’m ruining his.” He looked ahead of us to see Alex and Harry glaring at us.

“I don’t think he likes me.”

Andy laughed kissing my forehead, “On the contrary he likes you very much.”

“Well he has a funny way of showing it.” I muttered but I had to resist the urge to smile while my heart skipped and knots filled my stomach.

I blushed because I really liked Andy, I did, but his brother was what I always thought about. Who I imaged growing old with while we rocked on the porch watching the sunset peacefully.

Unfortunately Alex never showed any emotion but hatred to me. Ever since kindergarten he’s picked on me, humiliated and ridiculed me in front of everyone on multiple accounts, so imagine my surprise when jerks older brother started comforting me after each violent attack his brother threw and to later realise that Andy liked me.  Soon after we started dating Alex got worse.

“Have fun,” Andy called after me as I climbed back in the van, “but not too much fun.” he stuck his head in Alex’s window winking at me. “Hey, keep her safe, will yeah?”

“Whatever.” Alex told him as Andy stepped back and Alex hit the gas, jerking us forward.

This is going to be a long trip, I sighed leaning back in my seat.

I wrote this years ago but I think I'm finally ready to complete it and posting it will help me. So if you could give me your thoughts it'd be greatly appreciated!!

Xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.9K 205 41
Why can't teenagers just be teenagers? We are young, we want to live, we want to love and be loved, we want to do crazy shit, make mistakes, brea...
74.2K 3.8K 55
❝Love requires two people with mutual feelings. Our relationship was one person in love, and one person who was too nice to refuse it. & I was the lo...
9.5K 230 15
let's travel the states and fall in love along the way.
134K 2.8K 30
In which two people who hate each other go on a road trip with their friends.