The Draw (A Bastille fanfic)

By bastille_bec

Taylor Smith is on a destructive path. She’s lost all of her friends, she’s been thrown out of uni, she’s run... More

The Draw (A Bastille fanfic)
1. Run
2. Back to University
3. Options
4. Kindness
5. Reconciliation
6. New life
7. Burn
8. Siblings
9. Fun
10. Friends
11. Hint
12. Relationship
13. Advice
14. Like
15. Secret
16. Ready
17. Fears
18. Letters
19. Lifelines
20. See you soon
21. Deal
22. Reassurance
23. Pain
24. Realisation
25. Details
26. Mr Johnson
27. Panic
29. Arrivals
30. Arguments
31. Holiday
32. Nervousness
33. Running
34. Caught
35. Help
36. Questioning
37. Uncertainty
38. Visitors
39. Good
40. Rotting
41. Revelation
42. Response
43. Confused
44. Control
45. Verdict
46. Pregnant
47. Freedom
48. Effort
49. Stop
50. Numb
51. Dan
52. Kyle
New!

28. Worries

652 40 5
By bastille_bec

I sat up the whole night expecting to hear police sirens at any moment. But they never came. 2 days later and they still hadn’t come.

I had seen him on the news. His face. The man that I had killed.

‘Police search for local businessman's killer.’ I saw the title and immediately listened up, wanting to know as many details as possible.

He had children. 2 of them. And a wife. The children didn’t seem older than 15. Twin boys they were. I saw them begging for any leads to come forward. Tears welled up in my eyes as I realised that I had taken their father from them.

It seemed like the police had no leads. All the information they had was that a woman was seen with him. There were pleas for people to come forward with any information that they had but no one seemed to know anything.

They didn’t know it was me.

Not the people in the club, not the people in the hotel. No one could remember my face.

I almost relished in being the invisible girl. Ever since school I had hated it. After I finished school my popularity decreased and I quickly became famously unpopular. I turned into the invisible girl. That was why I left to go to Bristol at such a young age, so that I could get rid of that invisible tag that I had given myself and reinvent myself. Now that super power had come in to help me and had finally left me in a good position.

I knew that it wouldn’t last for long though. Alex and his gang had set it up so that I would be found, I was sure of it.

But then another 2 days past, and then another, and another again. Before I knew it, it had been 2 weeks since the incident and I still had my freedom.

I hadn’t heard a thing from Alex since it had happened, and I couldn’t have been happier. I didn’t want him anywhere near me or my family, and I was hopeful that what he had made me do had made up for anything he had thought I had done to him.

He had in fact broken my wrist though. I went to the hospital the day after the incident and had to sit through hours in waiting rooms, having x-rays and seeing numerous doctors. It turned out that my bone had been snapped and a cast for 6 weeks would heal it.

Kyle had been ringing me continuously. I had worried him that night and he had promised that he wouldn’t even give me the chance to do anything stupid.

Although I had been pretty stupid. I had been drinking most days, but was able to cover it up in front of Kyle, making up excuses as to why I was behaving strangely. I blamed it on tiredness mainly, stating that I hadn’t been sleeping properly since he had left.

It was almost as if nothing had happened. That it had all been one bad nightmare. But it wasn’t. The memory of it all made me know that it was real. The guilt that I felt to those 2 children and that woman was ridiculous. I had taken something from them that they could never get back. All they could do was try and find justice for their father, which they were trying their hardest to do.

I had to stop worrying though. At this point they had no links to me and no reason to suspect my name.

All I could do was sit and wait to be found out.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

27.7K 556 27
everyday was the same for Bastille member Dan Smith; wake up, struggle through the day, eat and then perform to thousands of people. Performing was w...
61.9K 1.6K 72
Catherine moved to London seven years ago to escape everything that happened in her past home. She's forever reminded of the reason why she left. One...
4.4K 368 30
Kayla, 16. Bubbly. Charismatic. Awkward. Concealed. Daniel, 17. Talented. Genuine. Timid. Pessimistic. Kayla doesn't like to think of herself as nor...
5.6K 820 47
Highest rank (1st) in #danielcampbellsmith Highest rank (1st) in #bastilledan - Alternative Universe ; 2018 - 22 year old Dan is attending an Americ...