The All-Powerful Omni-Saiyan...

By DavidBornAgain

You were the previous Omni-King before Zeno, an unknown Saiyan God with unfathomable and unlimited power, how... More

Y(N) Information
Prologue
Chapter 1:Ruby Rose
Chapter 2:The Shining Beacon
Chapter 3:The First Step
Chapter 4:The Emerald Forest
Chapter 5:The Badge And The Burden
Chapter 6:Jaunedice
Chapter 7:Potential Unlocked
Chapter 8:Forever Fall
Chapter 9:Holding Back!
Chapter 10: The Decision (Vol 1 End)
Chapter 11:Best Day Ever
Chapter 12:Welcome To Beacon
Chapter 13:Minor Setback
Chapter 14:Unbeatable
Chapter 15:The Pain Of Loss
Chapter 16:Beacon Dance
Chapter 17:It's Never Too Late
Chapter 18:The Plan
Chapter 19:Back To Universe Seven
Chapter 20:The Breach
Chapter 21:A Bitter Reunion (Vol 2 End)
Chapter 22:Recovery
Chapter 23:The Sleepover
Chapter 24:The Bet
Chapter 25:The Next Step
Chapter 26:Quoth The Raven(Part 1)
Chapter 27:Quoth The Raven(Part 2)
Chapter 28:A Troublesome Family
Chapter 30:An Eventful Time In Menagerie(Part 2)
Chapter 31:An Eventful Time In Menagerie(Part 3)
Chapter 32:The Prestigious Atlas Academy
Chapter 33:An Unforgettable Reveal (Vol 3 End)
Chapter 34:The Power Of A Saiyan
Chapter 35:The Rise Of Evil Incarnate
Chapter 36:Battle Of The Gods(Part 1)
Chapter 37:Battle Of The Gods(Part 2)
Chapter 38:Primal Power Unleashed
Chapter 39:The Start Of A New Era
Chapter 40:A Righteous Warrior Arises
Chapter 41:An Unexpected Introduction
Chapter 42:A Time For Potential Change
Chapter 43:Change Doesn't Develop Overnight
Chapter 44:A Rescue Like No Other
Chapter 45:The End Of An Era(Part 1)
Chapter 46:The End Of An Era(Part 2)
Chapter 47:The End Of An Era(Part 3)
Chapter 48:Through Loss Comes Growth

Chapter 29:An Eventful Time In Menagerie(Part 1)

10.1K 152 269
By DavidBornAgain

Later That Day: At Dusk

After an "unexpected" encounter with an angry bunny faunus and a long explanation for why you didn't answer your scroll, you continued with the plan and decided to travel with Blake to find the leader of the White Fang. Blake was hesitant at first, but after explaining that you weren't going to kill anyone and that you needed their help for the upcoming war against a very powerful individual, Blake was willing to help you as long as you promised not to hurt or kill anyone...Hoping that everything was going to be simple and easy this time, you agreed to her proposal and made your way to a shipment dock, and headed straight to Menagerie...A faunus safe haven and Blake's home....Apparently, Blake knew someone who could help you in finding the White Fang and their leader....Currently, you and Blake were leaning against the ships rail as the ship and its passengers made their way to Menagerie across the calm and peaceful ocean....You also noticed Blake wearing....new clothes....

Y(N): Blake, is there a particular reason for why you are wearing new clothes?

Blake: (Slightly blushes as she turns to you) N-No...I m-mean....not exactly...(She fiddles with her fingers)...I was shopping a few days ago and I saw this outfit and thought that...maybe...if I wore it...someone I know...would notice it...(She glances at you)...or maybe even...like it.

Thanks to your Saiyan senses, you noticed that Blake's temperature and her heart rate increased in just a few short moments....You couldn't figure out why though...Or did you?

Y(N): (Thinking) Wow, her heart rate just skyrocketed. Why is she so nervous? Is she wearing that new outfit to impress someone back home? Or is she afraid that I'll harshly criticize her outfit again?

You continually stare at Blake trying to figure out why she was so nervous...But, nothing came to mind...

Blake: So...Um...(She slightly poses with her new outfit)...Do you like it?

And being the blunt and honest individual you usually are, you give her your response....

Y(N): Meh.

Blake: (Confused) ...Meh...? What is that supposed to mean? (She crosses her arms)

Y(N): It means I have no criticism or acknowledgment to say at this particular moment. I mean, I'll admit that you look "gorgeous" in those clothes, but since I have a lack of interest in discussing clothes right now, I won't say any more.

Blake: (Blushes) Y-You think I look...gorgeous?

Y(N): Don't get me wrong, as I said before, I don't consider you or anyone else to be "attractive", but since I'm in a good mood today, I'll say that you do look gorgeous...Hmmm...(You look at Blake's clothes from bottom to top) ...I'll say that you even look "cute".

Even though you said that with your regular straight face and monotone expression, your compliment caught Blake off guard as she turned away to hide her growing blush.

Y(N): (You raise an eyebrow) What's wrong?

Blake: N-Nothing! I...I just don't understand how you can say that with such a bored expression! Can't you at least try and say it like you mean it?!

Y(N): (Seems like Blake has been hanging out with Weiss too much) ....Well, if my answer bothers you that much...Then I'll never compliment you again.

Blake: (Quickly turns back to you) I'm sorry, I didn't mean it in a bad way! It's just that...you don't usually give compliments, especially when it comes to appearances....So, you kind of...caught me off-guard. (She gives you a smile) But, I'm thankful for the compliment, no matter how poorly said it was.

Y(N): Don't get too cheerful. In my opinion, you're still a 5/10 on the attractive scale.

Blake: (Sarcastic) Wow, you sure know how to make a lady feel special.

Y(N): Hey, I'm just being honest. 

Blake: And speaking of honesty, I need you to answer a question with an honest response.

Y(N): Alright, ask your question.

Blake: When you explained that a powerful individual is coming to Remnant, I noticed something strange....This "individual that you mentioned...You refer to them as "him" or "he", but you never say a name or even what "he" is....So, do you know who this "individual" is and why "he's" arriving at Remnant?

You look at the calm ocean as you struggle to say an answer...You quickly take a deep breath and say one word....

Y(N): Yes.

Blake: Then why are you being so vague with your answers?

Y(N): I'll tell you what I told Weiss...Answering your question will only lead to more. And right now, all you need to know is that without the help of the White Fang, many faunus and humans will die in the coming battle.

Blake: I understand that, but I don't understand-

Y(N): In life, there will be many things that you will never understand. For the time being, focus on what you do know, instead of what you want to know....Listen, I understand your concern, and I know you have many questions that you want to be answered, and I promise that I will reveal everything in due time....However, that time...Is not now.

Knowing that she wasn't getting anywhere, Blake decided to not push any further and trusted that you will answer her questions when the time is right.

Y(N): (You let go of the rail, feeling around your uniform, finding nothing worth while) I'm officially all out of apples for the time being, so I'm going to go see if they have any food around here. I'll be back in a few minutes.

Blake: Didn't you eat before we left?

Y(N): (You start walking away) Twenty-three ham sandwiches, eighteen hot dogs, twenty-eight donuts, and thirty cookies is not enough to satisfy me.

Blake: (Chuckles) I'm pretty sure the food here won't satisfy you either.

Y(N): Only one way to find out.

Blake looks back towards the ocean while you make your way to the other side of the ship in search of food. On your journey to get a meal, you passed by a few passengers and even two children who ran past you while laughing and chasing each other....You stop for a moment and observe the two children...as you remember....a dark time in your past....

Flashback: Eons and Eons Ago

Fire....Destruction....Death....Filled the ruins of a once civilized and peaceful race as a small young girl with tears in her eyes, mourned at the sight of her dead family. All over the once habitat-ed city, dark clouds plagued the area, and smoke and ash burned from the debris.

Girl: ...M-Mom...P-Please....please wake up...I can't lose you too.

The young girl clings to her dead mother's arm as she cried in grief. Suddenly, she was pulled away as a young but older boy grabbed his sister by the arm and started running.

Boy: Lysia, we have to go!

Lysia: (Struggles to release herself) N-NO, LET ME GO! WE CAN'T JUST LEAVE HER HERE!

Boy: SHE'S DEAD! OUR ENTIRE FAMILY IS DEAD! WE CAN'T STAY HERE!

The girl manages to struggle and free herself from her brother's grasp.

Boy: (Quickly turns around) LYSIA, WHAT ARE DOING! WE HAVE TO-

Lysia: THERE IS NOWHERE TO GO ANTMORE! (She starts crying even more) E-Everyone....is gone....We can't run away....(She drops her head) ....Leo....Where would we even go?

Leo: Somewhere safe! Away from here! Away where "He" can't hurt us!

Lysia: THERE IS NO PLACE WE CAN GO THAT-

???: HeHeHeHeHe....

Cold....Maniacal....Evil....Terrifying laughter echoed throughout the ruined city as the two siblings froze in fear.

???: (Sing Song Voice) I...Found...You.

The two individuals turn towards the sound of the voice as their eyes widen at the sight of two red eyes, glowing ominously in the darkness.

Leo: Lysia, get behind me!

The girl quickly hid behind her brother as the unknown being approached the two children.

???: HeHe....How Nice....Now You Can Die Together.

Lysia: L-Leo...I'm scared.

The girl clings to her older brother as the unknown being....stepped from behind the darkness....Revealing himself as....You.

Y(N): (You stare at the children with your blood-red eyes while you give them a sadistic smile revealing your sharp Oozaru teeth) How Brave Of You, To Try And Defend Your Sister....It's Such A Shame You Won't Be Able To Save Her...Well, At Least You Mortals Are Braver Than Your Pathetic Gods In The Face Of Death. (You create a dark red Ki orb in your hand and aim it at the children) Allow Me To Reunite You With The Rest Of Your Dead Family, He-He-He.

The girl trembles in fear as the brother quickly turns around and tightly hugs his sister.

Leo: Lysia...Close your eyes...Don't be scared...I'm here...I'm here...

The girl whimpers as she closes her eyes and the two siblings embrace each other before their demise. Unfortunately, such compassion only fueled your blood lust.

Y(N): At Least You'll Die In Each Other's Arms....Which Is More Than I Can Say For The Rest Of Your Family, HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Before you could fire your Ki Blast, another Ki orb was fired from the sky, and it headed straight toward you. With a chuckle, you easily deflect it with your other hand as the Ki orb exploded behind you. You demilitarize your Ki blast as the two children look ahead, and see an unknown Saiyan standing in front of them in a protective manner....However, you knew exactly who this Saiyan is...and why he attacked you.

Unknown Saiyan: That's enough, Y(N)!

Y(N): Heh, I Had A Feeling You Would Arrive....Yamoshi.

Y(N): You Always Were The Defiant One. Have You Come To Fight Me Again?

Yamoshi: (Assumes a battle position and activates a white aura) If that's what it takes for you to leave these children alone, then yes!

Y(N): It's Always The Same With You...Protecting These Lower Beings, And For What? Even If You Do Somehow Save Them, They Won't Care, You'll Leave And They Won't Even Remember You...Or What You Did For Them....So, Why Do You Continue Helping Them, Even When You Won't Receive Anything In Return?

Yamoshi: I do it because it's the right thing to do! And I'll continue fighting for them...Until you decide to kill me!

Y(N): Why Would I Kill You? You Are Far Too Entertaining To Kill. Unlike The Other Saiyans, You Are The Only One Who Actually Has Potential....And The Only One Who Can Give Me A Good Fight. Not To Mention That Your Open Defiance Is Quite Pleasing To Hear.

Yamoshi: Someone has to stand up to a tyrant such as yourself! I'm just the only one not afraid of you!

Y(N): You've Seen What I Am Truly Capable Of....So, Why Do You Still Insist On Fighting a Battle You Can't Possible Win? Why Are You So Determined To Defy Me? Well, No Matter...(A dark aura surrounds your body)...I Believe It's Time...For Our Annual Fight.

You were prepared for Yamoshi to charge at you or attack you with a barrage of Ki blasts like he usually did...But, this time was different...

Yamoshi: (Deactivates his aura and stands in an upright position) No, not this time.

You gain a confused expression on your face as you also deactivate your aura.

Y(N): Well...This Is...Different...Are You Giving Up?

Yamoshi: (Shakes his head) Y(N), I don't want to fight you. And I know you don't want to either.

Y(N): .....

Yamoshi: Aren't you sick of it? Aren't you tired of killing, of destroying, of the constant fighting?

Y(N): What Kind Of Question Is That? We Are Saiyans, Fighting Is In Our Blood. Destruction And Killing, That Is What We Need To Live And Prosper. Without It, We Will Die.

Yamoshi: We, or You? (You stay silent) Y(N), you may be the first Saiyan, but that doesn't mean you get to decide what we can or can not do. You don't get to decide who lives and who dies.... All this destruction and killing of innocent races, you've done it since the beginning of time, and for what? To satisfy your thirst for bloodshed, to find some sort of "joy" in your life....Look around you! Are you satisfied now?! Are you happy with what you've done?! DO YOU ENJOY SLAUGHTERING INNOCENTS JUST BECAUSE YOU CAN?! DAMMIT, WHY WON'T YOU JUST STOP, YOU WILL NEVER FIND TRUE PEACE IF ALL YOU CAN OFFER IS WAR AND MURDER! WHAT WILL YOU ACHIEVE IF YOU KILL THESE CHILDREN?! A FEW MOMENTS OF SATISFACTION, THAT WILL ONLY BE FORGOTTEN JUST AS QUICKLY AS IT ARRIVES?! IS THAT WHAT YOU WANT?! DO YOU WANT TO CONTINUE DOWN THIS PATH UNTIL YOU KILL EVERYTHING?! DO YOU WANT TO REMAIN THE MONSTER THAT EVERYONE KNOWS YOU AS?! DO YOU WANT TO BE REMEMBERED AS AN EVIL AND MURDEROUS SAIYAN WHO KILLS THOSE WEAKER THAN HIMSELF?!

Y(N): ..... 

You didn't say anything due to your shock at hearing Yamoshi yell at you. Everyone you have ever met has been too afraid to say anything to anger you...Yet, this strange Saiyan...Who witnessed firsthand your true power...Was not afraid to speak against you.

Yamoshi: There is a better path than this... I can help you find it...But, only if you allow yourself to look past the evil in your heart... Please, let me help you. Let me help you see what you have been missing...And just maybe, you might even find what you're looking for...What you've been missing for so many years.

Y(N): ....What, What Have I Been Missing? (Your dark and evil voice became calmer as you processed his words)

Yamoshi: (Puts on a wide smile) Sorry, can't tell you that yet.

Y(N): (You cross your arms) Are You Ever Going To Tell Me?

Yamoshi: (Shrugs) Probably not, but I get the feeling you'll find it for yourself one day.

Y(N): (You stare at the children behind Yamoshi as you groan in annoyance and turn around) All This Talking Has Ruined My Motivation To Kill...(You smirk)...Such A Shame, I Guess I'll Have To Come Back Later...Or I Might Just Forget... (You start walking away) Let's Go Home Yamoshi, All Your Yelling Has Ruined My Day.

Yamoshi: (Turns and gives a kind smile to the children) Don't worry, I'll make sure he doesn't come back.

Leo: T-Thank you.

Yamoshi: (Gives a solemn look) I'm sorry about your family, but please don't hate Y(N) for what he did. It's not easy to explain, but the reason he causes so much death is because-

Y(N): YAMOSHI, GET YOUR MONKEY TAIL OVER HERE BEFORE I CHANGE MY MIND!

Yamoshi: (Sarcastic) Coming, your majesty. (He looks at the siblings) Take care of yourselves, and don't worry, just head North and you'll find other survivors.

The two siblings watch as the two Saiyans activate their Ki and take off flying into the sky.

That Moment...Was the first time...That you showed mercy to the mortal race...And the day that started your change from a Bloodthirsty Warrior who desired only death and destruction....To a Multiversal Guardian who spent his entire life to redeem his terrible past.

End Of Flashback: Present Day

You continue observing the two children as they run down the side of the ship. Their childish actions caused you to grow a small smirk on your lips as you look up at the sky.

Y(N): Damn it.... Yamoshi...I still don't know what I'm missing...(You sigh)...I couldn't find...that what makes me truly happy...And now I'm afraid...That I never will...

Before you could say anything or continue on your way to finding food, your scroll started ringing as you take it out to see an unknown number calling you.

Y(N): (You answer the scroll) Hello, if you have the wrong number then you may hang up and I will harbor no ill intentions towards you...If you have the right number, how can I help you?

Scroll Call; Coco: Oh, you are quite the gentlemen, Y(N). I can see why Velvet likes you.

Y(N): (Oh No, not this pesky woman again!) Hello Coco, I did not expect you to call me.

Scroll Call; Coco: I'm so glad you remember me. I was afraid that you would forget about me~ (She giggles)...

Y(N): How did you get my number?

Scroll Call; Coco: I might have "borrowed" Velvet's scroll and found your scroll number..." accidentally".

Y(N): Why?

Scroll Call; Coco: Because I didn't have your number and the only person I know that has it is Velvet.

Y(N): No, I mean...Why call me?

Scroll Call; Coco: Well, let's just say I'm interested.

Y(N): Interested in what?

Scroll Call; Coco: You~

Y(N): I'm going to hang up now. (You go to press the "End Call" button)

Scroll Call; Coco: I'm just yanking your chain, jeez. Do you always take everything so seriously?

Y(N): Do you always flirt around with every guy you meet?

Scroll Call; Coco: (Chuckles) Only with the cute ones like yourself~

Without hesitation, you immediately hang up.

Y(N): (Thinking) It's like talking to a second Yang! I can handle Yang's flirting to a certain extent, and I can tolerate Neo's and Cinder's flirting only because they rarely do so, and then there's Emerald who won't stop calling and flirting with me after her little bet with Mercury and thankfully I can avoid her very easily, but my patience level is slowly reaching its limit the more these mortals flirt with me....

Your scroll once again started ringing as you recognize the number as Coco's...Sighing in annoyance, you decide to answer.

Y(N): Can I help you?

Scroll Call; Coco: Did you hang up on me?!

Y(N): I don't know, did it sound something like this? (You press the "End Call" button again) Maybe she'll give up now...(Your scroll starts ringing again) Well, here we go again. (You answer the call) What now?

Scroll Call; Coco: Do you always hang up on people when they are trying to tell you something?

Y(N): Only 85.3267% of the time. What do you want?

Scroll Call; Coco: Why so harsh, do you not want to talk to me?

Y(N): No.

Scroll Call; Coco: (Chuckles) You're a little too honest, and that's why you are the perfect person to help me.

Y(N): Help with what?

Scroll Call; Coco: Shopping!

Y(N): ....Goodbye Coco, don't ever call me again.

Scroll Call; Coco: Wait! Let me finish! ....(Sighs) Velvet's birthday is coming up and I need an honest person's opinion about what to buy her. And since you've been hanging out with her more often than usual, you're the perfect person for the job.

Y(N): You are her teammate, how do you not know what she wants for her birthday?

Scroll Call; Coco: Oh, I have a present in mind, but I just need a second outside opinion.

Y(N): So, let me see if I understand this correctly....You want me...to go shopping...with you...in order to basically judge and honestly critique a present for Velvet...?

Scroll Call; Coco: You got it! Plus it would help if you bought her a present too, and I can help with that as well.

Y(N): Well, since I consider Velvet a friend....(You sigh)....I guess I can do it.

Scroll Call; Coco: Good, I'll text you the details later....I'll see you soon, Y(N)~ ....And who knows...Maybe we'll even become closer along the-

You hang up.

Y(N): I'll need to remember to block her number later. Now, where was I? Oh, yes, finding a meal!

Finally, after no more interruptions, you managed to find a vintage food bar with all kinds of seafood available for purchase. And after deciding not to spend all your money on food, you simply purchased two fish on a stick...Which of course, was two fishes on a stick, covered in some kind of sauce that smelled delicious.

Y(N): (You hold the two snacks in your hand as you prepare to devour the food) This moment can't get any better than this.

Crew Member: RED ALERT!

Y(N): (You sigh in annoyance) Now what?

An alert immediately sounds, as two red lights next to a speaker pulse with a loud sound.

Meanwhile With Blake

Blake immediately backs away from the rails as the Captain and his first mate come running out and look at the water from the upper deck. Suddenly, a giant shadow covers the ship as Blake takes out her weapon.

Captain: By the gods...

First Mate: We are dead.

A giant long-necked creature emerges from the sea, revealing to be a giant Sea Feilong. The Grimm swings its head back and forth as it roars and many of the civilian passengers run to the other side of the ship.

Captain: (Turns and calls out to the ship) All hands to battle stations!

First Mate: Sir, we've never fought a Grimm this big!

Captain: We've never seen something this big! But we'll give 'er a fight nonetheless!

Seeing that you were nowhere in sight, Blake immediately takes action, running off the boat and into the air. She creates one of her clones to give her added upward momentum, flinging Gambol Shroud forward in its kusarigama form and embedding her weapon into the Grimms neck.

Y(N): (Watching from a distance) Nice work, Blake. Keep going and you'll take it down in no time. (You take a bite out of the fish stick)

Blake swings above the Grimm and shoots it in the back of its neck as the Grimm roars. Blake lands on the crow's nest while the Captain steers from the bridge.

The captain stabilizes the ship and steps outside to get another look at the creature. Blake still shoots it while it arcs back into the water. Suddenly, the side of the ship opens up and the cannons come out.

Blake continues her assault on the sea creature, once again swinging and shooting. The ship's cannons fire but are mostly ineffective. Blake falls back onto the ship's deck and lands on her back. She quickly gets herself back onto her feet and discovers that her left shoulder is hurt when she moves to stand.

Y(N): This is not looking too good...Perhaps I should step in now.

The Grimm's dorsal fin splits apart and extra bone unfolds, revealing two wings. The Sea Feilong lets out a roar as it flies, its beating wings sending a gush of air at the ship. Blake cries out as she hangs on with her hurt left arm....The wind gust from the Grimm didn't even budge you....But, it sent your last fish flying off into the distance....While you stare at the empty stick in your hand.

Y(N): ...Grrrrr... 

You released a small but terrifying Oozaru growl as you slowly made your way to the giant Grimm...With an extreme urge to kill.

Captain: Heavy cannon, OPEN FIRE!

A giant cannon shoots, but the Grimm easily evades it and roars in anger.

Blake: (Holds her left arm) This is not good! Where is-

She stops talking the moment you walk past her...With a dark aura surrounding your body.

Blake: Y-Y(N)? (She notices your regular aura was different...more...hostile)

You continue walking and stop near the edge of the boat and stare at the giant Grimm as it notices you and roars, but you don't budge.

Y(N): Hello...My name is Y(N)...You ruined my meal...Prepare To Die.

The Sea Feilong opens its mouth and an electric ball forms. You simply raise your palm at the sky....And a giant red Ki blast formed above your hand as it emitted raw powerful energy. The captain and his mates were in utter shock at your display as Blake simply smiled.

First Mate: Sir, I don't think we need the heavy cannon anymore.

The giant Ki blast completely engulfs the entire Grimm as you instantly create a giant barrier in front of the boat just as the Ki blast explodes. Everyone except you covers their eyes as a bright light engulfs the area...And once it subsides, everyone was surprised to see the Grimm has vanished completely from sight.

Captain: It seems like we are in the presence of a higher being.

You quickly turn around and make your way to Blake, whose shoulder was still quite wounded.

Blake: (Smiles and holds her shoulder) Don't you think that was a bit of an overkill?

Y(N): Nope. (You notice her hurt shoulder as she holds it tenderly) Are you okay?

Blake: It's not that bad, I've had worse. (She laughs nervously)

Y(N): You are a terrible liar, now remove your hand.

Blake slowly removes her hand from her injured spot as you place your hand on her shoulder as Blake winces in pain. A calm white aura is projected on your hand as you heal her shoulder.

Y(N): (You remove your hand) Feel better?

Blake: (Nods) Yes, thank you.

Y(N): Good work on fighting the Grimm, your move set was spectacular to watch. (You offer a high five) Up top.

Blake returns the high five...Just as her stomach begins to growl. Feeling embarrassed, Blake quickly turns red, but you knew how to fix the problem.

Y(N): (You chuckle) Let's get some lunch, you earned it.

Time-Skip: NightTime

After an eventful meal, which the captain and the crew gladly provided for you and Blake after you killed the giant Grimm. Currently, you and Blake were walking down the middle of the deck as a few faunus passengers came up to you and Blake and thanked you for protecting them. Even the two children from earlier complimented you on your skills.

Faunus Boy: (Looks at you with excitement) That was so cool, Mister!

Faunus Girl: Was that your semblance?

Y(N): Not exactly, it's just something I learned how to do many years ago.

Faunus Boy: Can you teach us how to do that?

Faunus Girl: Yeah, we want to be cool and awesome like you!

They both look at you with pleading eyes as you kneel down to their level and give them a kind smile.

Y(N): Tell me, why do you think I'm cool or awesome?

Faunus Girl: Cause you beat that Grimm so easily!

Faunus Boy: And saved everyone! You're cool because you are a hero!

Faunus Girl: A super-powerful hero!

Y(N): Let me tell you something. You don't need to be strong, brave, selfless, smart, skillful, or even powerful to be a hero. Sure, many heroes have unique abilities that they use to save others, but there is only one thing that makes a true hero, only one thing that sets them aside from others. Do you know what that is? (The children shake their heads in confusion) Compassion.

Faunus Boy: Com-pass-ion? ...What's that?

Faunus Girl: Sounds like a food.

Y(N): (You chuckle) Compassion is what motivates us to help others. It's what leads people to care about others. It's what gives others the strength to stand up for those who cannot defend themselves. It's what gives us the strength to never give up on others, no matter how lost in the dark they may seem. It's what leads us to protect those who hate us, even when we know we won't receive anything in return. It's a strong desire to protect, even when you are faced with a losing battle. And most importantly...It allows you to forgive those who hurt you. And if you're still confused about what I mean, then remember this...."With power and strength, you can protect the world....But with compassion, you can save it."

The faunus children listened intently to your every phrase as even Blake was amazed at your words.

Faunus Girl: Wow, you're so smart, Mister! You know a lot of big words!

Faunus Boy: Forgive? Hey, if I forgave my sister for putting a bug in my pillow, does that make me a hero?

Y(N): It's definitely a starting point. (You ruffle both of their hair) As siblings, be there for one another, even if you're mad at each other. Can you promise me that? Can you promise me that you'll always be there for each other?

Faunus Girl and Boy: YES, MISTER HERO!

Y(N): Good....(You smile and stand upright) As much as I'd like to keep talking to you both, I think your parents might be getting worried about where you two are.

The children take off running while waving and yelling goodbye to you, as you simply chuckled to yourself and waved goodbye as well before turning around and walking away with Blake.

Blake: Y(N), you always seem to know what to say in every situation. Is there anything you don't know?

Y(N): You'd be surprised.

Blake: Well, give me an example.

Y(N): I don't know how to get Yang to stop flirting with me without using excessive force to shut her up.

Blake quietly chuckles while you maintain your monotone expression.

Y(N): I'm actually serious, Blake.

Blake: Yes, I know. That's what makes it funny.

You and Blake reach the end of the boat as you both stare off at the nighttime sky.

Y(N): Blake, you mentioned that Menagerie was your home, so is there a particular reason for why you never mentioned it before?

You glance at Blake as she grips the rails and takes a deep breath.

Blake: ....Before I arrived to Beacon Academy...Before I realized that the White Fang I once knew, was no longer the organization I believed in....I had an argument with my parents...They warned me that the White Fang had changed, but I didn't listen, and I said some things that I shouldn't have...And I didn't realize that they were telling the truth, until it was too late....And when I finally did realize...All I did was run away...And never looked back...I never even apologized, all because...I'm afraid of what they'll say....That's why I agreed to come with you, because I hope that by righting my wrongs, maybe then I'll earn their forgiveness...

Y(N): ...I see...Well, if I may ask...Why did the White Fang change? I'm only asking because I'm not exactly what you call a native to this planet. I've read and heard about the White Fang, but I don't fully understand their reasoning for "equality" and violence.

Blake: Before the White Fang was different, they were meant to be a symbol of peace and unity between Humans and the Faunus. And despite being promised equality, the Faunus were subjected to discrimination and hate, as you've seen with Velvet when Cardin bullied her. For some reason, humanity still thought of faunus as lesser beings. And so, the White Fang rose up as a voice of my people.

Y(N): And is that why you joined them?

Blake: (Nods) I was at the front of every rally. I took part in every boycott. I actually thought we were making a difference. But, I was just a youthful optimist....Then, five years ago, the current leader stepped down, and a new one took his place. A new leader, with a new way of thinking.

Y(N): A new way that resulted in violence.

Blake: Yes...Our peaceful protests were being replaced with organized attacks. We were setting fire to shops that refused to serve us, hijacking cargo from companies that used Faunus labor. And the worst part was, it was working. We were being treated like equals. But not out of respect... out of fear.

Y(N): And that's where you decided to draw the line.

Blake: I decided I no longer wanted to use my skills to aid in their violence, and instead, I would dedicate my life to becoming a Huntress.

Y(N): Well, you have been doing a great job so far. You're fighting the good fight, not just for the faunus, but also for humanity. And that takes a lot of courage and strength to fight for people that don't accept you.

Blake: I'll be honest, there were many times when I wanted to give up... When I wanted to stop fighting.

Y(N): What kept you going? ....Why continue fighting for humanity?

Blake: (Turns to you) Because of you, Y(N). The world doesn't know about you, the world probably wouldn't care anyway if they knew about you, yet you continue fighting for them. You could have gone anywhere in the universe, but you came here and joined Beacon to become a Huntsmen. You could have kept your abilities a secret, instead, you use them for the greater good. You are the most powerful individual I have ever met, and yet you stay humble and never brag about your power. You're not human, yet you were the only one who stood up for Velvet. You hide much pain in your past, but that doesn't stop you from doing the right thing....When I told the team about my involvement in the White Fang, you didn't judge me, you didn't hate me, you didn't criticize me, you didn't ignore me...You comforted me...You made sure I was okay...And, even when I blamed you for not using your abilities to stop Roman, you weren't angry. When I pushed you and the team away with my obsessive search, you could have pushed back, but you didn't....Instead, you taught me that not everything can be done alone, and because of you, I have learned to rely more on the team rather than myself....Ever since I met you, you have been understanding, patient, and kind. I'll admit, when we first met, I didn't think much of you, but the more we talked...the more you gave me advice...I have begun to see you in a whole new way. You have done so much for me Y(N), and that is why I will continue fighting for humanity, even if they will never accept my kind.

Y(N): ...Blake...I'm thankful for your words, I truly am....However, you give me far too much credit than I deserve.

Blake: I believe you deserve far more than that. You have saved many lives since you came to Remnant.

Y(N): ...With every life I have saved...There were many more that I chose to destroy. My so-called "heroic" actions will never redeem the pain and destruction I have caused in my past.

You drop your head as Blake gives you a sad look.

Blake: Y(N)...You're not the only one who hurt others. We all make mistakes and do things we'll regret. But that doesn't matter, because you are here now...You have changed for the better. You're no longer the monster you claim to have been. You're on the side of good now.

Y(N): And for how much longer? Every day I'm afraid of opening my eyes and becoming my old self again. Every day I fight against my instincts to kill. Every single day I have to hold myself back so I don't accidentally hurt anyone. Every single damn day I battle against my natural instincts! Every single day I have to distance myself from others, and lately, it's been harder to do so... I feel as if I'm slowly reverting back to my old self...

Blake: Is that why your aura was different?

Y(N): I had hoped you wouldn't notice, but the answer is yes. My power is connected to my emotion, and the stronger the emotion...The stronger my power grows. Today, I felt just a small feeling of anger, but it was enough to release my murderous blood-lust. If I hadn't directed my anger toward the Grimm...I'm afraid that I would have hurt you and everyone else on the ship... And if I ever hurt you...(You drop your head)...I would never have forgiven myself....I don't want to hurt you, Blake, I don't want to hurt the team, I don't want to hurt Team JNPR, I don't want to hurt anyone I met on this planet...I never want to hurt anyone ever again....But, ever since I learned about "his" arrival, I feel myself slipping back to the murderous Saiyan I once was...I'm truly afraid, that if I ever revert back to the monster I once was...I'll never come back...

In an instant, you were hugged by Blake as you didn't even have the strength to hug her back. You just simply kept your head down as you struggled to think about your past.

Blake: You will never become a monster again. And even if you somehow do...Me, Ruby, Yang, Weiss, Jaune, Pyrrha, Nora, Ren, Velvet, Professor Ozpin, Professor Glynda, Oobleck, Port, and everyone else who knows you...Won't stop until we bring you back! And I don't care how long it takes or how powerful you are! We won't rest until we save you even if we have to fight against you! Even if we'll easily lose against you! We'll bring you back, or die trying!

Blake releases you from the hug as she puts her hand on one of your shoulders.

Blake: We are here for you, Y(N)...Just like you are always here for us. (She places her hand on your cheek as she lifts your head to face her) Don't give up on yourself, because I haven't given up on you... You have no idea how special you truly are... (She slightly blushes) ...And how much you truly mean to me....

You look Blake in the eyes...And for the first time...You noticed how beautifully her amber eyes shine in the dark... It was rather worrying for you to think that way...

Y(N): Blake....Thank you....Your words mean a lot....More than you think....Thank you.

Blake: (Smiles as she lowers her hand) It's the least I can say after everything you've done for me.

A gust of wind blows across the ship as Blake shivers from the sudden cold.

Blake: It's getting late, we should head inside. We should arrive at Menagerie tomorrow morning.

Y(N): I'll head inside in a moment. I just need a few moments by myself to clear my head.

Blake: Are you sure? I could stay with you if you want.

Y(N): I'll be okay. You've done more than enough today, so make sure to get some rest. Tomorrow is going to be more difficult than today.

Blake: (Hesitantly nods) Okay. Just don't stay out too long...Goodnight Y(N).

You nod as you watch Blake walk away....But not before whispering one final phrase....

Y(N): (You smirk)....Blake....

....7/10....

To Be Continued In Part 2

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.2K 528 58
"You took everything away from me... The people I loved, the people I swore to protect with my life... And, to think that I was so foolish to not see...
13.8K 240 42
Y/n L/n, one of the seven saiyans living on Remnant. It was unknown how such brings existed in the first place. some of them go into hiding, some of...
1.1K 74 19
The dwelling monsters of Remnant, Grimm. Those who hunt grimm are called "Hunters". Diego Coronatus is a 17y old boy from Atlas who decided to attend...
3.7K 111 49
(Volumes 1-3) You have known Ruby Rose for as long as you were both were kids and have been together since half way of your first year at Signal Acad...