The Heart Knows- DIYUE Fictio...

Per Hsienhui1978

Hi everyone! I m a first time writer here. DIYUE are the first couple I shipped after such a long time being... Més

From Manila with Love
Forehead Kisses
Officially Yours
Unaired
Lesson from Teacher S
Look What You Made Me Do
What Happened in Shanghai Pt 1
What Happened in Shanghai Pt 2
What Happened in Shanghai Pt 2.1
What Happened in Shanghai Pt 3
What Happened in Shanghai Pt 4
What Happened in Shanghai Pt 5
What Happened in Shanghai Pt 6- Final
Smoking Hot Surprise
Doctor Dylan
Homecoming Specials
His Happy Camp
Her Happy Camp
Their Happy Camp
What Happened in Shanghai Epilogue
The Boss
Unpublished
I. Meeting Shen Yue
II. Meeting Wang He Di
III. Her Warning
IV. His Promise
From Reel to Real
Snail Mail
Wired
Kiss 1
Training Mr Right
Won't Cry
Kiss 2
Kiss 3
Memory of the Heart
Do You Miss Me?
Heart & Soul
Hooked
UPDATE: Wired

Old Friend

797 54 24
Per Hsienhui1978

It was crowded, with strangers surrounding her but Yue thought she saw a familiar face. His slightly long wavy brown hair and his distinctive side profile sent a wave of excitement to her.

"Blake!"

Blake turned and spotted her. He smiled.

"Oh my God! It's really you!" She almost screamed, suddenly remembering she was in Paris, among high fashion show enthusiasts. She put a hand over her mouth to cover her excitement.

Blake walked towards her, grinning, with his arms open. Yue walked towards him and they hugged. She was grinning from ear to ear. It had been 2 years, almost, since they last met.

"Shen Yue, it's good to see you." He wanted to ruffle her hair but refrained himself since she was all dolled up today. He stole a glance at her with an approving look.

"What brings you here? I'm so happy to see a familiar face in Paris." Yue beamed.

"I love fashion shows. Plus, I wanted to see if I can bum into you. You look amazing! I'm so jealous of Daoming Si. Is he here?" He asked, looking over her shoulder.

Yue laughed. "Didi is filming. I probably should call you Thomas."

"I'm forever Thomas to you, my friend." He smiled.

The photographer motioned them to stand closer to take a photo. They obliged. Thomas held Yue's arm as he felt there were people coming behind them. Yue automatically linked her arm through his. A fan called out to them and she turned to smile at her. Blake said something and urged Yue to move forward.

"Be careful. Let's move along so we can chat."

"How is your schedule? Are you planning to visit the Eiffel Tower?" He continued.

"Yes! If I have the time. I must!" She gushed. "I still can't believe I'm here."

"I have been following your progress in China. It's remarkable."

"A gwai lao like you with Weibo? That is interesting," she teased him.

"Don't laugh. I'm half Chinese. And I need to keep tabs on my friends too."

"What have you been doing after Meteor Garden?" she asked. She was aware of certain glances by the people standing around them.

"The usual. I'm travelling a lot and doing my journalism work. Not much acting stints, though but it's ok."

Yue's staff called her. "Oh, I think they need me to take more photos. Will I see you at the Lacoste show tomorrow?"

"Of course! I will come to see you." he winked.

Yue smiled and let a sigh of relief. "It's good to hear someone speak my language. You have no idea how lost I felt."

Blake squeezed her arm. "You're doing great. See you tomorrow."

The next day, when Yue arrived at the show, she saw a lot of people gathering outside the stadium. Some Chinese people too. Her heart leaped. She had missed home terribly. Or maybe him specifically. He had not been responding to her messages that much since she got here but she understood. Filming was crucial this month.

Her eyes scanned the crowd, searching. She saw Inga and then she saw him. As though sensing her presence, he turned to her and waved. Yue flashed a smile and walked carefully towards them. Her feet hurt today. One more show and I can be wearing my comfy flats, she thought.

"Hello Inga. Thomas hi! Blake, I mean." she smiled, embarrassed that she called his on-screen name without thinking.

Blake laughed. "You can call me whatever you like, Shancai."

Inga beamed. "Shen Yue, you must be so happy to see Blake. This is like a mini Meteor Garden reunion."

Yue nodded her head. MG would forever hold a special place in her heart. The cast, the filming, the experience. It had surprisingly led her straight to the sweetest man she had ever known. She blushed at the thought of him and she looked down at her feet so her friends would not see.

Blake noticed her sudden movement.

"Hey old friend, I have free time today. So I'm planning to spend the day with you. Hao ma?"

"Hen hao!" They chatted for a little with Blake sometimes translating for Yue what she wanted to say to Inga.

It started to drizzle a little. Some of the staff handed them plastic umbrellas.

"It's about time for the show. Yue, you need to get ready at the backstage. I will meet you there later," Inga motioned to her.

"Let me walk you there." Blake offered. He eyed her heels. "You might need some help wearing these. Here, take my arm."

Yue gladly took it. Blake had always been a gentleman. They walked together. It was comfortable silence the first few seconds. Then, Blake started.

"So what is the story with you and Dylan?"

Yue was taken aback with his question so she took a look at him for a moment.

"Do you think I did not see the flirting you guys had during filming?" He grinned.

"Flirting? We were not!" she protested, then bit her lower lip.

Blake was still looking in front but he sensed her squeezed his arm a little. He smiled.

"You know, sometimes, other people see things that we don't. He obviously liked you even back then. Dylan seems like a guy who will not lie to his own feelings."

Yue kept quiet, not knowing how to respond. She was not sure if she could trust her little secret with Blake.

The next thing he said squeezed her heart. "Yue, we are in the city of love! Sometimes we need to use more of our heart, than our head."

She looked up to Blake who was smiling warmly at her. Her heart emancipated a sense of security...like the feeling of going home.

"Blake, you are more than what you seem to be."

"Yes, I'm one of a kind. Unfortunately, Shancai chose Daoming Si and not Thomas." She smacked his arm lightly and they laughed.

"I will send you off tomorrow. Let's have coffee and chat before you go. The Parisian way." He winked, letting go of her arm as she entered backstage.

"Thank you, Blake."

She bit her lower lip again so her tears won't fall and mess up her make up.

————

The shows were finally over and Yue was happy to catch up with Blake. She ended up opening up to him what happened since their last filming- how they got together again at The Inn2, the performance they did at New Year's eve, his confession in Shanghai and her own concerns. He listened with patience and slight amusement.

"I don't understand how your showbiz industry works. But I respect you. And what you decide I will support you."

"Actually Blake....yesterday I wrote a letter to Dylan. I told him how I feel about him."

She blushed.

"That's great!"

"I felt a sense of relief and peace. He had been waiting for me. But our agencies..we have to keep it a secret."

Blake sighed. "I m glad I'm not born in your country."

Yue laughed. "This has nothing to do with my nationality! How absurd! And by the way, your mom is Chinese too."

"Yes, yes, my eyes constantly remind me that half of me will always be Chinese. Which is why you are so dear to my heart."

"Can you keep this secret?"

Blake waved his hands. "Hello? This is Blake Abbie. Hadn't I been keeping your secret of your flirting days with Dylan? Finally, you guys are moving out from that zone!"

"Should I be thanking you instead then?" She giggled.

Her phone vibrated. It was a message from the crew member.

"You gotta go, yeah?" Blake asked, watching her scowled.

"Yes."

"Let's grab some selfies before you do. I want to make Daoming Si jealous as hell!"

They took some shots before leaving the cafe. Blake handed his phone to her photographer and requested for a photo. He was very fond of Yue. He wanted to remember this moment with her.

She turned around to look at him. Her old friend. Filming period was short with him but she enjoyed his friendship. Blake put his hands on her shoulders.

"Yue, don't be afraid to be yourself. I got a feeling that things will change after this Paris week. Show everyone who you really are."

"What do you see I am, Blake?" she asked.

"A beautiful force to be reckon with. A blinding light in the dark. A rainbow over dark clouds. Cotton candy in purple and pink...."

She held her hand up.

"Okay, stop there, Blake! I think I have heard enough," she laughed.

"I just want to make you laugh. You know how sexy your laugh is? That lucky bastard." Blake avoided saying his name in the presence of her crew.

Someone cleared his throat, a signal to go. They hugged again. Yue's eyes grew misty.

"Good bye, my friend," she said.

"Not good bye. I will see you again." Blake gave her a knowing look.

She nodded and got into the car. She waved at him till he disappeared in sight.
Goodbye Paris. Thank you for the memories. It's time to go home.

She brushed a tear that had escaped from her eye and took a deep breath. I'm coming home to you, Didi. Wait for me.

——————

Author's notes:

I wrote this at the airport this morning. The first video I saw when I arrived in Taiwan was the fan video of Blake and Yue. That video warmed my heart!

Thank God for good friends! Dylan and Yue deserve the best of friends because they are real and true to people. I dedicate this one shot to Blake Abbie. I will see Thomas in a different light after this.

💜💛 Hsien

Continua llegint

You'll Also Like

107K 4.4K 31
A DyShen Alternate Universe: She ran away from their potential engagement dinner, leaving his family and him with humiliation. He swore that if he c...
24.9K 1.1K 17
A Fan fiction, featuring Dylan Wang and Shen Yue in an Alternative Universe. From two different worlds, when their paths cross, will love be enough...
Somewhere Inbetween Per

Literatura romàntica

16K 499 22
Everyone likes to think that they know what is going on between us but we haven't even started.... Shen Yue and Dylan Wang have both achieved great s...
25.7K 1.2K 18
It took Shen Yue four years to realize how difficult it was to be in a relationship with someone who wasn't always physically there. At first, she co...