Dedication

By quietandshylives

A group of girls that banded together for nothing more than fun find themselves in the whirlpool of hate and... More

Practice
International Views
Courage is Hidden
No Promises
Demands of The Masses
Growing Strong
Family Comes First
Laughter, Desire and Truth
International
For Our Girls
Arrival
One Last Time
Jealousy
Night Time Confessions
A Change of Heart
Dance With Pride
Leader
Visuals
Manager?
Midnight Mysteries
Worry Free
Sands of Time
Final Goodbyes...
Home
Disbanding?
Apart, Yet Forever Together
Sydney
Night Wings
Together At Last
ERROR : FUCKS NOT FOUND
Fuck Destiny, Fuck Fate
Final Showdown: Night Wings Reunited
Final Showdown: You're Not My Family
Sequel

Idols Turned to Heros

7 1 0
By quietandshylives

|TIME SKIP: 1 WEEK|

The camping trip seemed to help out all of us, we were a whole lot closer that's for sure. Angie has finally let up on her grudge against Duke, although still wary about him being near her youngers, she still gave him the satisfaction of knowing that he was an OK person after all. Archer, Jayden, Duke and I were also closer with each other, playful with each other and comfortable enough to talk to each other about slightly more personal matters. A couple of days after the camping trip, the girls had gone to the practice room and us guys stayed back and just talked with each other for a while. Archer finally revealing what had happened that day with his ex and the gang of guys that had attacked him.

One of them, the leader named Ralph, had been cheating with Amelia and made that fact well known that day. Although skeptical of the fact at first, the days of recovery and Jayden's witness of the event had confirmed it all for him that day. He described each moment that day and those to pass. It was clear that he was ready to get passed it all and live a normal life, I don't blame him for hanging onto this for so long.

I mean the guy wasn't only cheated on, but was jumped by the guy and his friends in order to maintain dominance and possession of one girl. That same girl refused to visit and continued to be with the second guy openly afterward, without stopping to harass Archer. With him being who he was, told Amelia openly that he had forgiven her and Ralph. Mainly, I think, to persuade himself to move forward. Yet, that just increased the salt in that open wound as the pair that hurt him continued to rub it deep in his face of that simple fact.

After story time that day, we broke off to our own houses to get some shut eye, clothes and clean ourselves up as well as to sleep in our own beds instead of the floor or the couches that Euca's house had been providing us for the last couple of months. My parents understood completely that I had taken up the responsibility and had prioritized it. They were happy to see me home for the night of course, sad to see me leave, and excited to know that I wanted to take up early graduation. Archer's parents seemed to have taken the news well too when he Skyped them the night he went back to his exchange home, well at least one of them. His mother seems very supportive of his dreams as a sound tech/music producer, his father seems a little opposed to the fact and wants him to get a 'mans' job. Jayden's family seems to be a lot like mine, both parents are heavily supportive of all of his decisions. Euca's grandma and Aunt had decided to come home and leave again on a large vacation to see some family in Europe, Angie's parents were glad to see her and wanted her home for another few days, Ale's family wanted her home and to stay for a while so they could go on a trip as a family for once since she had started up with the Night Wings, and Josephine's were very strict as to what was going to happen from here on in. Although after a compelling case from both elders, they decided to let her off the hook and allow her to continue with the group.

There was a lot to happen in this last week, the girls are heading back to the school today as their last hurrah before they grab the go ahead to leave school for good. Having pushed their placement test closer after the companies began to offer overseas events for them to appear at, they all had grabbed some great marks. They asked the principal for one last day at West Mesa to bid farewell to the teachers that stood with them through it all and to say goodbye to some friends they knew there wasn't a good chance of seeing again. Oh and a bonus, Mr. Garcia is allowing the Aussie Brothers to stay on student visa and not have to attend school, as well as giving me full access to online schooling to finish the last of my credits.

Here the eight of us sat silently, as we headed back to school for the last time.

"Man, can you believe it...?" Euca breathed, leaning back in her seat.

The two youngers were still in a stunned silence after learning that this would be their official last day to attend West Mesa High.

"I just hope Cordova doesn't plan something hideously stupid." Angie added, in hopes of stirring a reaction out of the pair.

"What?!" The two snapped, causing a soft rise of laughter.

"There they are." Duke commented," Thought we had lost you."

The two youngers settled back down in their seats.

"I guess, I just can't wrap my head around it... I mean we're just freshmen and now..."

"We've completely surpassed everything and anything anyone has ever thrown at us and are well on our way to being global sensations?" Euca smiled, twisting in her seat," Calm down, be happy with how we got here, we did it."

The two smiled at the words.

"Seriously Idols, you've done something that few have ever been able to do." Archer spoke from the front.

"And what is that exactly?" Ale asked in a small voice.

"You pushed through." I smiled and tipped up her chin slightly," Chin up, you are the stars today. This is a celebration hun, not a funeral."

"In a way, it's both." Jayden added," We celebrate the rise of our idols and the funeral of our high-school lives at last."

Angie smacked him gently on the shoulder," Stop it, we just finished getting them out of a deep mindset."

Jayden chuckled," Sorry sunshine. "

"Seriously you two, this is something amazing. Not something you should be upset about." I breathed rubbing the back of my neck.

The car was fairly silent after that, small chatter about what was going to happen after it all was over. 

Finally arriving at the school in time for the first class period to start, our group shifted slightly as we entered the campus. The youngers growing suddenly shy and nervous, the two elders protecting them to the best of their abilities. There was no doubt, something was wrong and they knew it without a second breath. 

I could feel the tense air around the campus all as well as they could. Then there were the hushed voices of the kids on campus, mainly athletes pointing excitedly and nodding before walking off.

"What the hell is going on...?" I breathed, my own demeanor changing at the discomfort coming from the girls.

The three that were there with me seemed to encircle the small group as we walked further onto the campus. My thoughts were bouncing throughout my head, trying to figure out what was going on.

"Night Wings!" A chilling voice spoke.

Straight ahead of us stood Cordova. The guys and I tightened the circle, he was planning something and for some reason it made us all on edge.

"Why so tense?" Cordova laughed.

My jaw clenched shut for fear of speaking out against him.

"Anyway," He beamed and pulled out a magazine, and on the front cover was the photos that I had sent to Puma of the girls. It was edited to fit all four of them at different angles and perspectives. In a bold font was written: THESE DANCERS HAVE FOUND THEIR WINGS IN PUMA FASHION. NIGHT WINGS DANCE TEAM TAKES FLIGHT.

That explained it all, the whispers, the glances, this damned uncomfortable air.

"I made sure that our teachers received a few copies of these. I'm sure they are all very proud of you girls." Cordova chuckled and looked at the cover," And to think you eight are from here. Man did I do a good job around here."

"Ya, is he serious?" Euca scoffed, the hate dripping from the foreign language.

"He's a complete fool if he thinks he's the reason behind this." Angie laughed.

The tense air lifted as the girls found out the cause behind the sudden acknowledgement from the school.

"I am truly upset that you eight are leaving us so soon." Cordova sighed," As such, I have arranged a special assembly where our grand Fillies will dance for you and then you all can be well on your way to the top."

" He is so throwing this assembly for something else." Josy scoffed

"Yeah, you can hear it in his voice." Ale added

"It has to be something with the Fillies, yeah?" Angie breathed giving Euca a slight nudge.

"What an ass." Euca hissed, a deep glare aimed at Cordova.

"Korean is such a beautiful language." Cordova smiled.

I rolled my eyes," Is that all Cordova, we do have things that we have to get to."

He nodded, an vile smirk playing his features," Of course."

My skin crawled and I could feel myself tense up again.

With a slight nod, he wandered off to make sure students were in their classes.

A slight tugg on my shirt came from behind me as my eyes trailed Cordova. I glanced down at Ale.

"It's OK," She beamed up.

I felt myself relax," Yeah, but... he's up to something."

"We all know that one. He hates us too much to give us a farewell party." Angie added, crossing her arms.

Euca was biting her lip harshly as she thought," So, he finds our magazine and gives it to the staff. Then, he sets up an assembly for our send off. There is something in between those two that just isn't popping up right away."

"Let's not worry about it love, I'm sure he'll end up making a fool out of himself in the end." Archer smiled and tipped up her chin, forcing her to stop biting at her lip.

"Archer is right, let's go do what we came here for." Jayden added, and looked around," And then watch Cordova dance like a stripped monkey."

The girls laughed and shook their heads. With another few words to lighten the mood, we split up to bid farewell to our teachers and friends. After a few hours the assembly began and we all joined ranks again. Sure enough, eight seats were reserved for us in the front of bleachers, red and blue party tape hanging against the seats, large banisters hung with Night Wings written across them. A couple written in Korean and small signatures were scrawled on the corners. The large gym was packed with students that were chattering happily with each other. Anxiously, we sat down in our reserved seats and waited for everyone to be called to attention.

"Hello Mustangs!" Cordova boomed into the mic, causing the speakers to squeal from the sudden strain.

Many cheered in reply.

"You all know why we are here today," Cordova spoke, attempting to sound solemn," We are here, to send our very own Night Wings out into the world."

A smaller round of cheers, likely from the Asian Culture Club, sounded off.

"So, let's give them a warm send off today!"

A louder cheer boomed and Garcia snatched the mic away from Cordova.

"Alright Mustangs," He started," Like our dear Mr. Cordova stated, we are going to send off the Night Wings today. Now if they don't mind, I would like them to come up and give a quick wave to you all."

The girls mustered up their confidence and walked up to the Principal, yet not daring to raise their hands.

"Oh boy, looks like we are missing a few members here." Garcia chuckled.

The girls had their eyes on us, obvious fear and anxiety covering their features.

Archer was the first to stand with them, then I went, followed by Jayden and lastly Duke.

"That's more like it, let's give our Night Wings a last hurrah. Today we celebrate their rise, and their continuation to rise after they leave us." Garcia stated.

The gym sounded off with deafening cheers and whistles from all grades, claps and cheers. Then came the most unexpected.

" Josephine. Sandoval. Eucariz. Lucero." A chant began to emerge," Angelica. Jimenez!" It grew and grew," Alejandra Zerrate! Night Wings, Night Wings,Night Wings!"

I smiled and looked at the girls, who had their mouths covered and tears brimming their eyes. They had made it here, they had made it, together.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

31.8K 325 51
Hiya! My name is Tia and this is just basically a scenario book for BTS, GOT7, 17, Astro, EXO, NCT, Monsta X, Stray Kids, IKON and Wanna One. This sc...
86.4K 2.5K 38
When you accidentally add your future best friend to your group chat. Yenne is a girl struggling with uni, she's stressed, burned out, and on the ver...
1.6K 130 19
This is story of eight girls who end up texting skz in a group chat, which is there fav kpop group and they don't even know about that What will hap...
29.8K 1K 17
You: And I hate you for making my life difficult. Sehun: Love and hate are divided by a thin line. You won't even realize when did you cross it alrea...